Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Great Idea if Axl reads this......iTunes single!
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great Idea if Axl reads this......iTunes single!  (Read 4864 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: May 17, 2006, 08:12:37 PM »

in very early July, when radio is hot and iTunes rule the beaches, release BETTER as a single!! its a different world today, an entire cd is not what it once was...the music business is different....Axl should embrace the technology....millions of people around the world will buy this single for like $3.99. they actually could just go that route with like 5 or 6 songs, one released every few months....

we should think differently now, the industry has changed.....BETTER as an iTunes single would be HUGE! kids, teenagers, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, even 60s, 70s...everyone has an ipod now...and its beach time. it would be a good business move, and relieve some stress from axl for trying to get an entire cd done by fall now. it aint gonna happen by fall. try something else, release singles...then, when the album is ready, release a 16 track album with like 11 new songs plus the singles! they'll triple their money!
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:20:26 PM »

you obviously don't buy songs through iTunes or you'd know there's a fixed single price of 99?. the album prices are variable, but individual songs are ALWAYS 99? through iTunes.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 09:26:02 PM »

i know that its 99 cents, but since its GnR, they can up the price for special single releases...GnR sets the bar
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 09:33:54 PM »

good idea.. but  i wish they would do what pearl jam does and make their shows available to download literally hours after the show.. pearl jam annoys me with there politics.. but from a fans point of view they have an unreal website..  they record them anyway.. why not sell the soundboard for ten bucks.. i'm sure they would sell a couple thousand every concert.. it sounds like easy money to me...
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 09:34:26 PM »

$3.99 for a single.....that's a little high don't you think

after ten years, he should put the fucker up there for free, as a thank you to everyone who has "held their breath" Undecided

Behold, the evil that men do...
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 09:39:09 PM »

$3.99 for a single.....that's a little high don't you think

after ten years, he should put the fucker up there for free, as a thank you to everyone who has "held their breath" Undecided

he's already done that

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 09:50:46 PM »

Would you pay $3.99 for the new Guns n' Roses single "Better"??
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 09:53:43 PM »

According to Forbes Magazine (http://www.forbes.com/2006/05/02/apple-itunes-jobs-cx_po_0501autofacescan09.html) The labels lost their bid to bring in variable single pricing to the iTunes store.
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 10:08:23 PM »

Dude, are you smoking some of that funny stuff. No offense, but a single is NOT worth $4.00. A single is worth .99. Hell, I wish that it got dropped to .50.   
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 10:19:40 PM »

How much influence do you think Axl wields? The man is worth 30 million at most. The recording industry just told apple that they needed to raise the price of singles to 1.99 and apple told them to go to hell. Apple demands that all singles be 99 cents and they're not going to change their mind for Axl.
kannon21
Opening Act

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 10:24:26 PM »

I can't believe how many people is complaining for an extra 2 or 3 bucks.....you WASTE that everyday! why not just use it for a one time thing like buying the single. It'll be like buying an ice-cream, but you'll be able to use it over and over again Roll Eyes

Kannon.
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 10:31:57 PM »

Add up $4 for every song you have, and see how much it comes to. If you have as many as I do, it's in five figures.
kannon21
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 10:36:59 PM »

but you WON'T have to pay for every song, that's the point Roll Eyes and I bet you, everyone bitching about this hypothetical high price will still buy the track so it really doesn't matter beer
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 10:37:31 PM »

whatever with the price!!!!!

this is about getting something new out there, with no stress on axl to release an entire cd........who here really thinks something is coming out this fall?Huh? i rather see them on tour in the fall and winter across the states!!!!!!!!!!!!! release singles along the way on iTunes and set the precedent...until the CD is ready...then, kill us with 14-16 killer tracks!
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 10:45:31 PM »

If they want to put one song out for $4.00 fuck em, I'll download it. It would be financial suicide to do that. Nobody, but hardcore fans will pay that much for a song. One of the first rules of business is don't price yourself out of a market.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »

Would you pay $3.99 for the new Guns n' Roses single "Better"??

Actually I would..but then i'm on here cos i have a problem right? LOL hihi
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 11:24:28 PM »

i believe this would be just stupid.. who's gonna pay 4$ for 1 song? in fact, even paying 1$ for a song is stupid.. i hate apple...

i prefer the way taken by bands like tool and radiohead.. they don't sell songs one by one... they are making albums, complete albums, not just a bunch of songs.. all the songs on the cds are there for a reason. the order is chosen to make the album flow.. the ipod song thing is for pop-fast-money songs..

ok i could go as far as selling an extra song for charity or something... but sellin songs of an album 1 by 1 is stupid.

in my opinion of course

W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 11:25:51 PM »

again, forget the price.......what about the idea??? atleast one single...Better...on itunes would really hit a large audience....

guns n roses were the most searched name on google.com the other day!! people are interested n would buy
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 11:32:37 PM »

again, forget the price.......what about the idea??? atleast one single...Better...on itunes would really hit a large audience....

guns n roses were the most searched name on google.com the other day!! people are interested n would buy

i don't know... i don't see the point of selling 1 song... people that like 1 song by an artist can just download it. you like the artist, buy the album..

i believe people don't care about 1 song... they want the whole CD!
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 11:38:58 PM »

and i would add that if they want to put out a single, they should release it on radio and as a cd single... only on itune would suck.. as a lot of people still don't have mp3 players, and a lot of people with mp3 players dont have ipods (like me)..

TempleOfRoses
Headliner

Hit It!!

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 11:49:06 PM »

If Axl cared about making money then this album would have been released a long time ago.

We argue too much here.
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 02:00:14 AM »

Typically I don't mind how fans treat their music, but there certainly is a Cult of Personality surrounding Axl as far as this forum goes.  Fans are actually advocating raising the price of songs?  WHY? WHY WOULD A CONSUMER EVER EVER ASK FOR THAT?  This is the equivalent of NASCAR fans salivating at the idea of gas hitting 4 dollars a gallon (or the price of one GNR single).  The music industry already overcharges you for what you purchase, its why pirating media has become such a problem.

Axl can release the albums first single in early August and still have it make sense for an early fall album release.

Also, despite the interest in GnR this album is going to have to overcome a giant "10 Years In the Making Hump".  It may not be fair, but its fact.  You can already see it in reviews of the live shows.  The media won't be sold on this incarnation of the band unless it blows them out of the water.  Uping the price for this material only serves to hinder the resurgence of GnR.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: