Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why does Axl own NYC?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Axl own NYC?  (Read 7639 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: September 26, 2006, 03:45:20 PM »

im from nyc...so i think i know the answer...but i dont want to influence any of your thoughts....so im wondering:

With Guns being an LA band, you would think GnR would own CA. Maybe they do, I dont know. But what I do know is this:

I was at the MSG 2002 show, and May 2006 shows (the first and second shows)...Axl Rose owns New York City. Guns n' Roses are absolutely HUGE -? G I G A N T I C? ?in NYC.......That winter night in 2002, this city was electric. I'm not exaggerating or glorifying anything............almost everyone knew Guns were in the city that night. The snow just made it all magical. But the Garden was electric that night......And, 2006 was just a MAJOR love-fest....it was HOMECOMING.

We love Axl. Why? This is NYC, its hard to impress this city. Its always - "What have u done for me lately?" - look at ARod this summer. Check Patrick Ewing back in the 90s. This city loves AND hates. But not Axl, he gets a total, all-access pass in NYC, he knows it, the band knows it, we know it, the press knows it, radio and television know AND print it. The band plays and performs better as well....Robin stage-diving in May, that opening night, was amazing...Im not sure anyone hit any sour notes...seriously, it was perfect.

So why here? Why not LA? Axl wasn't born here, the band is not from here. Why New York City?? Why is Axl SOOOO connected to this place, and why are we so connected to him?? Axl and this band owns this city, maybe NOW more then ever.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 03:49:51 PM by W 23 AXL II » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:48:02 PM »

well   richard actually lives there.......

this probably doesn`t add much to the discussion.... i just wanted to mention it because you said the band isn`t from NYC....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 04:54:25 PM »

NY has always been attached to GNR and vise versa.....Axl loves NYC for many reason.....night life and also him being able to walk around and not get bothered that much.....people will just say what's up.......And the sincerity behind Axl's message is embraced by the city itself....and he is a badass...NY likes and respects a REAL badass....

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 05:02:07 PM »

well? ?richard actually lives there.......

Not anymore according to Axl.

"... and from New York City, now a Californian... And a proud father... Mr. Richard Fortus on guitar."

Axl introducing Richard @ KROQ Inland Invasion

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 05:10:59 PM »

I was at the MSG 2002 show, and May 2006 shows (the first and second shows)...Axl Rose owns New York City. Guns n' Roses are absolutely HUGE -  G I G A N T I C   in NYC.......That winter night in 2002, this city was electric. I'm not exaggerating or glorifying anything............almost everyone knew Guns were in the city that night. The snow just made it all magical. But the Garden was electric that night......And, 2006 was just a MAJOR love-fest....it was HOMECOMING.

I have the exact same memory of london the day after the concert...

Everywhere people were still wearing their bracelet of the show or a T-Shirt Grin And I saw a dude on the sub with GNR tattooed on his wrist!!

Like peeing clouds!
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 05:20:06 PM »

im from nyc...so i think i know the answer...but i dont want to influence any of your thoughts....so im wondering:

My guess is because WTTJ I always think more of NYC than LA. I know that LA has runaways & all, but I just think of NYC as a tougher place to live. LA is more like PC, a place we'd all like to get away to with the hollywood stars and sunny weather, but not all of us can. 
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 05:37:41 PM »

I was at the MSG 2002 show, and May 2006 shows (the first and second shows)...Axl Rose owns New York City. Guns n' Roses are absolutely HUGE -? G I G A N T I C? ?in NYC.......That winter night in 2002, this city was electric. I'm not exaggerating or glorifying anything............almost everyone knew Guns were in the city that night. The snow just made it all magical. But the Garden was electric that night......And, 2006 was just a MAJOR love-fest....it was HOMECOMING.

Not to mention it was practically blizzarding that night in 2002.  Took me forever to get into the city for that show but there was NO WAY in hell I was missing it and the crowd was WILD.

The only shows I have seen outside the NY area have been the two Vegas shows that just happened and the crowd was not wild at all.  I have no idea how people act outside NYC besides that but what I can say is that the energy at a NY show is just amazing.

The Hammerstein crowds were insane!  I have never felt more tension and excitement inside a building. 

You aren't glorifying at all.  It was real.  I was there and I felt it too!
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »

I thought Richard Lewis owned NYC. Huh
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 05:42:38 PM »

Nov 10th would kick ass!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 05:45:24 PM »

New Yorkers have great taste.... love
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 06:07:30 PM »

People who like GNR have good taste... Wink

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 06:08:30 PM »

Which basically means Osama bin Laden has no taste at all, right?

I hope those rumors that he died last month are true.  love

And I hope he rots in hell for a very long time.  ok

Anyway, the title of this thread is pretty funny I think.  hihi
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »

November Rain?  My Spanish spitfire, is that you?  love

New Yorkers don't give a fuck about trend, they stick to what they like, unlike us Los Angeles fuckers who get absorbed in trends.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 06:12:50 PM »

November Rain?? My Spanish spitfire, is that you?? love

New Yorkers don't give a fuck about trend, they stick to what they like, unlike us Los Angeles fuckers who get absorbed in trends.

It's good to hear the truth by someone other then myself.... ok

November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 06:26:21 PM »

November Rain?  My Spanish spitfire, is that you?  love

Yes,it?s me. How ya doing Garry? Kiss

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 06:30:17 PM »

because Music is timeless despite the antics of the past decade whereas sports is what have you done for me lately like you said
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 06:37:20 PM »

My guess is because WTTJ I always think more of NYC than LA. I know that LA has runaways & all, but I just think of NYC as a tougher place to live. LA is more like PC, a place we'd all like to get away to with the hollywood stars and sunny weather, but not all of us can.?

Thats fucking funny. Because WTTJ couldnt be more about Los Angeles. The streets of Los Angeles are second to none man. You get dropped off in some parts there and you will get lost there...and you will never get out alive. Shit is crazy man. Corner to corner and you see the same things. Same looking streets, and same looking building with the same Trees and shit. Fucking pushers, and hookers,and gangstas. Crack fools and babies walking down the middle of the streets. Liquer stores everywhere. CRIPS and BLOODS, PIRU and VARRIO. Fuck man, South Central and Compton. No, it is a fucking Jungle dude.

Los Angeles has always been refered to as the Jungle since long before Axl wrote about it. Shit rmember the tagline to Predetor 2? You got a lot to learn about LA. And there are parts you need to stay far the fuck away from. Some of us had learned the hard way. Shit dude, Steven Adler didnt suck dick for coke in NYC did he?

WestSIDE!

p.s. and its easy to say NY doesn't get caught up in trends when most trends begin in the West. My family is from Brooklyn by the way.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:39:07 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 06:43:18 PM »

My guess is because WTTJ I always think more of NYC than LA. I know that LA has runaways & all, but I just think of NYC as a tougher place to live. LA is more like PC, a place we'd all like to get away to with the hollywood stars and sunny weather, but not all of us can.?

Thats fucking funny. Because WTTJ couldnt be more about Los Angeles. The streets of Los Angeles are second to none man. You get dropped off in some parts there and you will get lost there...and you will never get out alive. Shit is crazy man. Corner to corner and you see the same things. Same looking streets, and same looking building with the same Trees and shit. Fucking pushers, and hookers,and gangstas. Crack fools and babies walking down the middle of the streets. Liquer stores everywhere. CRIPS and BLOODS, PIRU and VARRIO. Fuck man, South Central and Compton. No, it is a fucking Jungle dude.

Los Angeles has always been refered to as the Jungle since long before Axl wrote about it. Shit rmember the tagline to Predetor 2? You got a lot to learn about LA. And there are parts you need to stay far the fuck away from. Some of us had learned the hard way. Shit dude, Steven Adler didnt suck dick for coke in NYC did he?

WestSIDE!

p.s. and its easy to say NY doesn't get caught up in trends when most trends begin in the West. My family is from Brooklyn by the way.

Ummm....why don't you try walking down Jamaica Ave in Queens, NY, for starters, and then get back to me.....There are a lot of bad area's in the country....Axl was referring to LA in "jungle".....but there are tons of area's that are similar.....do you know where he got the famous line"do you know where you are...."?....ck the Ritz show in NYC in 88....

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 06:48:51 PM »

WestSIDE!

Ummm....why don't you try walking down Jamaica Ave in Queens, NY, for starters, and then get back to me.....There are a lot of bad area's in the country....Axl was referring to LA in "jungle".....but there are tons of area's that are similar.....do you know where he got the famous line"do you know where you are...."?....ck the Ritz show in NYC in 88....

What? So you are saying he found doc and his timemachine? He played at the Ritz in 88 and went back in time to when he wrote WTTJ and inserted that line into the songs lyrics?

That line came from a black dude who said this very line directly to Axl upon his arrival in Los Angeles.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 06:53:34 PM »

WestSIDE!

What? So you are saying he found doc and his timemachine? He played at the Ritz in 88 and went back in time to when he wrote WTTJ and inserted that line into the songs lyrics?

That line came from a black dude who said this very line directly to Axl upon his arrival in Los Angeles.
That's not what he said at the show......he said he "hitchhiked here".....I'm not saying you are wrong cause I have heard him say the arrival in LA thing as well..I wasn't talking about the song...just that line....I really don't give a hot fuck either way.....but he did say that at the Ritz brother...... peace

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: