Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:43:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  As a front man in rock, Axl Rose is...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: As a front man in rock, Axl Rose is...  (Read 11409 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: February 10, 2007, 01:40:31 PM »

i just watched the stones call axl n izzy up for "salt of the earth" in 1989....Axl kills Jagger. Axl and Petty in 89, Axl rules Petty....Axl and Springsteen same year i think, maybe 1990? still the same case, axl rose wins.

I know I believe Axl Rose is the greatest front man of all time, better even than Plant. Why do you think Axl is #1. Thats a big title, number one front man of all time......and if u disagree, who is?Huh in my eyes, no one comes close to the magic and energy that Axl Rose has....he demands attention, has the most unique and coolest voice, great song-writer, great stage presence.....seriously, who is better?? NO ONE!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:42:32 PM »

I think lots of people here will say freddie mercury,

i dunno myself, i have always loved steven tyler but not the way i love axl, david lee roth, jim morrison is 2 other big ones, but probably still axl

and btw plant is overrated
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:44:09 PM by LunarStorm » Logged
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

I think lots of people here will say freddie mercury,

i dunno myself, i have always loved steven tyler but not the way i love axl, david lee roth, jim morrison is 2 other big ones, but probably still axl

and btw plant is overrated

im not sure Plant is overrated, look at that body  of work, watch those long3 hour concerts....the guy never complained, did his job amazingly, and wrote all-time classics. i dont think his stage presence, aura, and magic touch Axl though.
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 02:01:10 PM »

Yeah but one reason Axl is so cool (atleast to me) is that he does complain, and he bitches and moans at the concerts.  It all adds to the unexpectability surrounding(sp) the man, and I personally love it.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 02:04:12 PM »

As a front man in rock, Axl Rose is...     God?

There is no doubt about it that his personality and presence are amazing.  I think he moved around a lot more in 2002, and comparing the in person situations in those four years he definitely seem to have a better voice rather than better moves now a days.   

BUT he still has his magical moments, more rather than less, and at 45 now?  is showing more charisma than front men half his fucking age.

As for the voice, over the years, hit or miss, but as far as watching him, he was and maybe still a god among men. 
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 02:05:29 PM »

Axl and Springsteen same year i think, maybe 1990?

1994 RnR Hall of Fame

i have always loved steven tyler

Ughh brutal... His screams and yip yappin make me sick puke

On topic... Yeah Axl owns... To bad he wasted so many years!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 07:48:07 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 02:08:49 PM »

Axl and Springsteen same year i think, maybe 1990?

1994 RnR Hall of Fame

what he said. it was axl's last performance until he sang with gilby in 2000 i think.

and i don't think axl's the greatest. he's my favorite but the greatest is freddie mercury. peace

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »

just to be on the same page...
how do you define a "frontman"?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »

everybody here loves axl. and to mee he is the best too. but we're are not objective. i know there are better singers. and axl loses he's timing sometimes. but that's one of the reasons why i like him!
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »

Axl didnt smoke Jagger, be reasonable.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 02:34:08 PM »

On topic... Yeah Axl owns... To bad he wasted so many years!

"Wasting" all of those years is just one of the many things that makes Axl who he is. It's what makes him unique. The guy does what he wants when HE wants too. He doesn't give a shit about what ANYONE has to say about it. He lives by his rules and doesn't even follow those half the time. He's Axl fucking Rose and he's in a league of his own in my eyes. That's why I spend so much time at this fucking website... because I BELIEVE in what he has done and what he's about to do.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 02:34:32 PM »

Axl looked silly up there with Bruce. Don't say Axl "killed" him. ok
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 02:44:29 PM »

It's all personal opinion really...   I think Paul Stanley and Steven Tyler are awesome.  As much as I love GNR, I don't think Axl is a God.   In fact, people like Josh Todd have better crowd interaction IMHO.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 02:46:36 PM »

Axl's up there, high, but the best frontman ever is Freddie.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 02:52:04 PM »

Freddie and Patton are without a doubt the 2 best singers I've ever seen, but you just can't beat Axl as a frontman.

Shaking, running like a madman around the stage, jumping, ranting, flying in the crowd to beat up obnoxious fans. The guy is a fuckin' show himself.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 02:53:25 PM »

Well, I think Axl Rose is one of the greatest rock and roll frontmen of all time, but he's too far away from being the best singer...

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 02:57:35 PM »

It's all personal opinion really...   I think Paul Stanley and Steven Tyler are awesome.  As much as I love GNR, I don't think Axl is a God.   In fact, people like Josh Todd have better crowd interaction IMHO.

You're right about that... it's based on opinion and of course we all have our own. For me, I don't like Steven Tyler or Paul Stanley all that much, but I do like Josh Todd. While I'm a big fan of Axl Rose I do not look at the guy as a "God." That would be a little ridiculous. My user name is Lennonisgod, but it's just my user name. I don't really look at John Lennon as some high almighty being, just a great, great musician and maybe the best of all-time.

With that said, each of us are going to have our own say about what makes Axl great TO US. The fact that we're all here in the first place, says so much about him as a frontman already. I don't think there is anyone out there still doing it today, that can match Axl's presence on the stage and his control over the crowd. The guy's what, 45 now?? The dude still looks young and still sounds like he did 20 years ago.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 04:48:35 PM »

Axl is my favorite frontman... I would say he's the best but there have been many great frontmen so there will be a lot of differnet answers. I just think that Axl's overall the best, when combining singing, attitude and stage presance.

If I was going only for stage presance I would pick Phil Anselmo, that dude owns the crowd but his singing live is lacking to say the least.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 04:55:28 PM »

i think overall hes at least top 3 or 4. everyone can argue freddie mercury and of course plant and maybe jagger, but to me Axl is my favorite.

some singers have the voice, but lack a bit in stage presence, some have great stage presence, but lack a bit in vocal power, but i think what makes Axl so great is that OVERALL hes fantastic. stage presence is off the chart, charisma is off the chart, he has one of the best voices and screams. and writing ability? if u compare his best works (estranged, breakdown, november rain, coma, etc.) to other singers, i think he is off the charts there too.

it depends on personal preference and what band u like the best, to me Axl wil always be the best frontman ever. and obviously my favorite.  but to the casual rock fan i have to say he should be at least top 3 or 4.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »

Axl owns the stage when he performs and is incredible I agree to say he is one of the best frontmen ever, but Robert Plant have you seen any footage of Zepplin concerts from back in the day Plant would make love to the songs lol incredible We Love Guns N Roses thats why were part of this site but we cant be that biased towards Axl to say that he is way better than the likes of Robert Plant, Mick Jagger, Tom Petty, look at the body of work all those guys have, and have kept it goin especially Jagger, where as Axl hasent released anything and has only played a handful of concerts in the last 15 years a handful compared to the stones anyway
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: