Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227925 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  As a front man in rock, Axl Rose is...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: As a front man in rock, Axl Rose is...  (Read 11408 times)
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 11:39:50 AM »

Mick Jagger wrote the "How To be A Front Man" book. He influenced EVERY frontman you can think about. Axl didn't smoke Jagger.

About the one with Springsteen, sorry, but Axl SUCKED. His voice was awful that day. And if you think he's a better frontman than springsteen, is because probably you have never watched a Springsteen concert. The man simply owns the stage and the audience.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2007, 12:05:51 PM »

Mick Jagger wrote the "How To be A Front Man" book. He influenced EVERY frontman you can think about. Axl didn't smoke Jagger.

About the one with Springsteen, sorry, but Axl SUCKED. His voice was awful that day. And if you think he's a better frontman than springsteen, is because probably you have never watched a Springsteen concert. The man simply owns the stage and the audience.

this is not about one particular performance....in an overall sense, Axl smokes Jagger....and come on.....Axl destroys Springsteen. That night, signing Come Together, bruce looked like a 50 yr old deliveryman, Axl commanded the stage! Axl's worst notes were better and more exciting than bruce's best notes.

Bruce is for people who dont like hard rock, real rock....bruce is for chris "mad dog" russo on WFAN, bruce is for my uncle who is 55 yrs old and thinks bruce is an outlaw....please....axl rose is real. bruce is not even in the same league. Jagger, Plant, Morrison, Roth, Vince Neil, Tyler....ok those guys are in the same class with Axl, but Axl owns.

anything that jagger and bruce stood for, axl actually is. and as for freddie mercury....talented indvidual, but not the total package axl rose is.
smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2007, 12:18:54 PM »

freddie mercury is undoubtedly the greatest front man of all time. axl is in the top 5 for sure.

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2007, 12:47:58 PM »

this is not about one particular performance....in an overall sense, Axl smokes Jagger....and come on.....Axl destroys Springsteen. That night, signing Come Together, bruce looked like a 50 yr old deliveryman, Axl commanded the stage! Axl's worst notes were better and more exciting than bruce's best notes.

Bruce is for people who dont like hard rock, real rock....bruce is for chris "mad dog" russo on WFAN, bruce is for my uncle who is 55 yrs old and thinks bruce is an outlaw....please....axl rose is real. bruce is not even in the same league. Jagger, Plant, Morrison, Roth, Vince Neil, Tyler....ok those guys are in the same class with Axl, but Axl owns.

anything that jagger and bruce stood for, axl actually is. and as for freddie mercury....talented indvidual, but not the total package axl rose is.

Oh my god! Have you ever listened to Springsteen music? Real Rock??? Get his first 4 albums and come back here to talk about real rock! Listen to his early 1975 and 1978 boots man. Those concerts were the most amazing demonstrations of what rock n roll is really about! Do yourself a favor and download Springsteen's Passaic '78 bootleg. If the first half of the show doesn't change your opinion, I'm sorry, I can't help you

Now, Roth, Vince Neil?? C?mon man!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2007, 12:52:15 PM »

none of them are the best in music right now....to quote pantera vocalist Phil Anselmo

"Yesterday dont mean shit!" peace

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2007, 01:12:57 PM »

I love Axl and feel that hes a great songwriter/musician, but as for overall presence live the best living frontman by far is Mike Patton.  Mike Patton rules the stage when he performs, he has incredible energy and his voice is amazing throughout every live performance, Axl reverts into a gritty voice sound when his voice isnt there some nights.  It still sounds cool, but its not like Pattons.  Also Patton can do everything, it doesnt matter the band or even the type of the music.  Axl is great, writes better songs, with more meaningful lyrics, but Patton is a visionary who could easily have been an opera singer.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2007, 01:15:55 PM »

yeah patton is amazing for sure..very versatile

shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2007, 01:34:54 PM »

in my point of view l see Freddie Mercury first and Axl second as the best performers in the world.

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
Donington2007
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »

I think lots of people here will say freddie mercury,

i dunno myself, i have always loved steven tyler but not the way i love axl, david lee roth, jim morrison is 2 other big ones, but probably still axl

and btw plant is overrated

anyone whose voice sucks live or doesnt move around alot is overrated imo too.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2007, 03:02:19 PM »

Steven owns axl no doubt. Sorry axl is probably in the top 10 but not the first. His attitude really kills it for him too. He can be a prick and that is a loss of cool points.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2007, 03:04:17 PM »

someone mentioned vince niel, he has nothing to do with these other legends that has been mentioned, zach de la rocha kicks niels ass
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2007, 03:12:15 PM »

Average I think,

Some people are just better, like Eddie Vedder or Roger Daltrey or James Hetfield or.........

But Axl is good anyway, he's maybe not the best front man in rock. but he's a damn good songwriter  peace
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2007, 03:23:54 PM »

I am sorry but I think that Vince Neil and David Lee Roth are nothing. Just some clowns that are messing around. Of course, only my opinion. Freddie is very good one, but doesn't have the rage that Axl has. Zach De La Rocha is very good also. Bono is incredible, Plant, Jager, Tylor and early Ozzy rock. I can't see anyone mentioning Layne Staley. He was great. If we talkin' about the voice talanted we have to mention early Elton John. It's dependable on the point of view. Phil Anselmo rules. BUT I like Axl the most!

"...It don't really matter..."
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2007, 03:34:45 PM »

I can't see anyone mentioning Layne Staley. He was great.

Layne Staley definitely deserves a shout out as one on the best front men, imo.   peace

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2007, 05:36:03 PM »

Anybody feel we,re just killing time here?  we so need this record out.  After all this album is going to show the world what a fantastic front man Axl is!!!!!!!
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2007, 11:18:18 PM »

alot of people forget about Bono, I seen him Live and he owns the stage. I seen Axl and he owns too, but in a different way because of his mystic and his prowl.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2007, 05:23:47 AM »

What about Ronnie James Dio or Bruce Dickinson?

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »

Yeah really.   Roll Eyes

How about Tom Araya???   Huh

Just saw Slayer for the first time in Ottawa the other night and I have to say that Tom is awesome!!!   beer
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2007, 01:16:56 PM »

#1 Freddie #2 Axl #3 Plant

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2007, 01:19:08 PM »

They're metal and were never able to cross over to other genres like some other front men.

As far as I'm concerned, Axl isn't part of one genre like that.

Mick Jagger, Freddie Mercury, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, Bono etc etc are all legendary front men and aren't pigeonholed in one genre.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: