Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:13:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  RockBand / GnR
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RockBand / GnR  (Read 5730 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: March 01, 2008, 12:55:21 AM »

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32731

I brought up adding GnR to the game RockBand...the link shows my post and the responses so far....idk, thought u guys may be interested. there isnt really anything else going on lol
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 01:09:12 AM »

so WTTJ never made the game? and the video with wttj on must of still been in development then
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 01:11:46 AM »

Jungle is in Guitar Hero....I never got that game....only Rockband...

On a side note, just got Mass Effect....its awesome!!! Looking forward to MLB2k8 on Tuesday!!!

I actually work with young people...and i can tell u, many of them now know GNR b/c of Guitar Hero....it would be TREMENDOUS promotion for Axl to think about getting songs in these video games....they are golden!!! people may not have enough money to buy food or gas, but they wont miss their new video games....thats why while other industries are hurting, the video game market is still exploding.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 01:13:38 AM »

heres the video with WTTJ  being played by the makers of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3E8zgqJM4

to bad the song didnt make the final set list
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 01:15:10 AM »

What I like about Rockband is that they use the original tracks!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine hearing AFD or the Illusions with different mixes....like minus guitar, minus bass or minus drums, vocals......i really hope this happens!!!!
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 01:31:55 AM »

I would love taking a crack at the drums for You Could Be Mine.  Especially the intro drum fill.  That would be a lot of fun.

Not sure about the vocal part though.  I do pretty well on the vocal part of the game (have had some formal training), but whenever I try to add some rasp in some songs (ie. Fortunate Son), the vocal meter jumps all over the place.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 08:30:49 AM »

So what's the deal with the vocal's in Rock Band? Does the mic somehow measure the pitch of your voice and that, in turn, score you points???

I have Guitar Hero, so I'm in the dark. Although there's a rumor (I posted it deep inside the GN'R Guitar Hero rumor thread) that Guitar Hero Aerosmith will feature vocals and drums as well. Just curious as to HOW it works.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 08:57:37 AM »

What I like about Rockband is that they use the original tracks!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine hearing AFD or the Illusions with different mixes....like minus guitar, minus bass or minus drums, vocals......i really hope this happens!!!!

not all tracks are original!

some are "As made famous by..."
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 09:58:15 AM »

not all tracks are original!

some are "As made famous by..."

Yea, I purchased some of the "Made famour by..."..its OK, but obviously not as cool as the original tracks. Would Axl grant them this kind of access??
olschoolboro
Headliner

Guns N' Fuckin Roses baby

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »

I have Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band. I had to have GH3 because of Slash and shit. I loved playing WTTJ w/him but was dissapointed about having to go online for the VR songs.  I just got Rock Band and honestly I'm a little pissed off with it. I love everything about the game except the song lists.  The songs are mediocre at best and I wish there was a longer list.  I soon found out that there are almost 200+ songs available online for download.  I'm mad in this because there are no GNR songs available for download.  It just pissed me really good because now I have to pay for good songs that should've been included.  I think that GNR would be a great addition, like said before YCBM the drums would be great.  Perhaps Paradise City needs to be included as well because I love the drums and guitar in that.  I would love to see Rocket Queen.

WTF?
10.31.06 Jacksonville, FL
10.28.11 Orlando, FL
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 11:15:14 AM »

I actually work with young people...and i can tell u, many of them now know GNR b/c of Guitar Hero....it would be TREMENDOUS promotion for Axl to think about getting songs in these video games....they are golden!!! people may not have enough money to buy food or gas, but they wont miss their new video games....thats why while other industries are hurting, the video game market is still exploding.

I live in an area with an abundance of hispanic descent, not usually your big GNR fans... A little kid was walking in wal mart, walks buy guitar hero and says: "Look its Guns n Roses!!".... I was impressed  ok 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 01:27:22 PM »

there's a rumour about guitar hero as well.

which would promote the band (that made cd) better?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 12:57:49 AM »

I kick ass vocally on rock band. I never get below 90 percent.

That whole game is class and I am holding out big time for a GNR package. One is being rumored of Jungle,SCOM,PC

So I got my fingers crossed.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 05:57:38 AM »

Im a guitar player, and when I tried GH3 in a store I found it very diffecult to play it, as my mind is "programmed" to play the real guitar... anyone else experienced the same problem?

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 06:48:42 AM »

Im a guitar player, and when I tried GH3 in a store I found it very diffecult to play it, as my mind is "programmed" to play the real guitar... anyone else experienced the same problem?

Yep, I had exactly the same problem. The actions in GH don't really translate to really playing the guitar in my opinion.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 07:39:41 AM »

Yep, I had exactly the same problem. The actions in GH don't really translate to really playing the guitar in my opinion.

Not sure they were going for EXACTLY that...perhaps more of a glorified 'air guitar' type game. For someone (like myself) who doesn't actually play guitar, it's pretty cool to just be able to pick up GH and have some instant fun on some of your favorite songs.

Would be great if they DID make a guitar for GH that could teach the average joe the basics of playing by using a similar gaming platform (rather than actual lessong, a book or an instructional video). Either that, or a game/program that would allow you to create and save your own little ditties.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 04:39:48 PM »

Not sure they were going for EXACTLY that...perhaps more of a glorified 'air guitar' type game. For someone (like myself) who doesn't actually play guitar, it's pretty cool to just be able to pick up GH and have some instant fun on some of your favorite songs.

Would be great if they DID make a guitar for GH that could teach the average joe the basics of playing by using a similar gaming platform (rather than actual lessong, a book or an instructional video). Either that, or a game/program that would allow you to create and save your own little ditties.

Luckily I found this

http://www.guitarrising.com/

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/become-a-real-guitar-hero/1191518
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 06:40:07 PM »

HAHAH very fuckin hard

I failed on Enter Sandman 3 times.

I was like "FUCK THIS IS HARDER THAN PLAYING IT IN REAL LIFE"

U just have to get adjusted and use to it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Feel_The_Burn
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »

HAHAH very fuckin hard

I failed on Enter Sandman 3 times.

I was like "FUCK THIS IS HARDER THAN PLAYING IT IN REAL LIFE"

U just have to get adjusted and use to it.

Yeah it is a bit weird , expert mode usually is a bit easier to adjust to since it is around the same tempo. But I always drum on rockband lmao because I suck in real life!
Wasted_youth
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 11:04:14 PM »

the only good thing about it is it teaches the drummer to get use to the rythem. Fucken the guitars are lame if u ever wanna be in a real band. Dont buy ya kids this shit , buy them a real guitar or drum kit and make them practise. I cant see ROck band or guitar hero groupies, world tours and massive live shows.. fucken we need creativity based music games. Fuck playing covers with fake instruments.
AbominableHoman
Headliner

Cold Hearth Breaker. Fit Ta' Burn

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2008, 03:42:49 AM »

the only good thing about it is it teaches the drummer to get use to the rythem. Fucken the guitars are lame if u ever wanna be in a real band. Dont buy ya kids this shit , buy them a real guitar or drum kit and make them practise. I cant see ROck band or guitar hero groupies, world tours and massive live shows.. fucken we need creativity based music games. Fuck playing covers with fake instruments.

Chill out, man. I highly doubt people play GH or rockband, solely with ambitions of being a rockstar.  Not every body wants to open for Guns N' Roses; some people want to sit back, have a few beers, and xbox360-air guitar to some of their favorite tracks.

Thanks for the advice though. I'll unlock the basement, and tell my kid no more parent-induced 24 hour guitar hero sessions, because that's not how you become a master guitarist.  Roll Eyes

Sure! F*ck it! That's your answer! Tattoo it on your forehead! Your answer to everything!
www.myspace.com/guns_n_roses
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 03:47:16 AM »

I love all these games. I had not played video games for years until these came out.

I just got rock band for my bday, and we have so much fun with it.
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 08:54:57 PM »

Yes, when I first started playing GH3 it took me a while to get used to it due to the fact I didn't play the other Guitar Hero games. Totally different than actual guitar. Also, I find the drums in Rockband don't feel the same as well..I used to play drums but this could be just me that thinks this.

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »

Its South Park all over again  rofl

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: