Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:25:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227924 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1576088 times)
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #6280 on: May 07, 2017, 10:41:35 PM »

Nobody believed the band would go on without Slash and Duff, the band went on
Nobody believed Chinese Democracy would ever come out (remember it was considered vaporware at one point), it came out
Nobody believed Axl and Slash would ever reunite, we got this union

Now it seems nobody believes a new album will ever materialize.

Think I'll just ignore all the nobodies...

Last album was released 9 years ago  Roll Eyes
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6281 on: May 07, 2017, 11:01:51 PM »

So? When people said that, the last album (with original songs) before CD had a 17 years gap. You missed kyrie's point.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6282 on: May 08, 2017, 11:24:00 AM »

So? When people said that, the last album (with original songs) before CD had a 17 years gap. You missed kyrie's point.

I don't think anyone's debating whether or not an album *could* happen.  Sure, lotsa weird stuff can happen.  But it's been 9 years since Chinese dropped which is the equivalent to the wait that was endured by fans from 1999-2008.  By that logic, we could go back in time to 1999 and say to all the fans who by then were starting to get restless for a new album "You fools!! The album DOES come out in November of 2008!! Ye of little faith!!"  Obviously, that's ridiculous.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6283 on: May 08, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »

I don't think anyone's debating whether or not an album *could* happen. 
I think there is. And kyrie's point was: "it seems nobody believes a new album will ever materialize".

Sure, lotsa weird stuff can happen.  But it's been 9 years since Chinese dropped which is the equivalent to the wait that was endured by fans from 1999-2008.  By that logic, we could go back in time to 1999 and say to all the fans who by then were starting to get restless for a new album "You fools!! The album DOES come out in November of 2008!! Ye of little faith!!"  Obviously, that's ridiculous.
Obviously. Still, wouldn't that be the case to compare the 2015-now period? I mean, the band got sort-of reunited officially in late 2015. Since then, they've been successfully touring all over the world, by no means the same pattern we saw from 1999 till CD got released.

Between 2008 and 2015, obviously they could get something finished and release it, but that didn't happen for whatever reason. The situation now is different IMO because clearly the current line-up is in a different level for writing and recording in comparison with the DJ Ashba times. And of course, there's the (huge) possibility of a better reception of *any* new material with Slash and Duff on it. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 01:51:28 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6284 on: May 08, 2017, 02:00:31 PM »

I don't think anyone's debating whether or not an album *could* happen. 
I think there is. And kyrie's point was: "it seems nobody believes a new album will ever materialize".

Sure, lotsa weird stuff can happen.  But it's been 9 years since Chinese dropped which is the equivalent to the wait that was endured by fans from 1999-2008.  By that logic, we could go back in time to 1999 and say to all the fans who by then were starting to get restless for a new album "You fools!! The album DOES come out in November of 2008!! Ye of little faith!!"  Obviously, that's ridiculous.
Obviously. Still, wouldn't that be the case to compare the 2015-now period? I mean, the band got sort-of reunited officially in late 2015. Since then, they've been successfully touring all over the world, by no means the same pattern we saw from 1999 till CD got released.

Between 2008 and 2015, obviously they could get something finished and release it, but that didn't happen for whatever reason. The situation now is different IMO because clearly the current line-up is in a different level for writing and recording in comparison with the DJ Ashba times. And of course, there's the (huge) possibility of a better reception of *any* new material with Slash and Duff on it. 

I think, especially considering the next album exists however incomplete in the eyes of Axl, that we will probably see some kind of new GNR release within the next 5 years sometime before Axl turns 60. What bothers me is that Axl will more than likely not strike while the iron's hot while people are still talking about GNR and the reunion, and we may see some kind of "non-event" type release similar to what we saw go down with Chinese.  And the root of that reality is because Axl simply can't be bothered to do it right. As a fan that wants to see this band continuously succeed, that shit is annoying.  Undecided
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6285 on: May 08, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »

In the last 30 some years, a new Guns N' Roses album has happened once. ONCE. No other statistic matters as far as likelihood of another one coming along is concerned, to me at least. I've literally had as many threesomes as Axl Rose has had album releases in that timespan, and call me a Negative Nelly, but I think the likelihood of either experience being repeated grows less and less likely with each passing year.  Wink
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6286 on: May 08, 2017, 02:19:49 PM »

I think, especially considering the next album exists however incomplete in the eyes of Axl, that we will probably see some kind of new GNR release within the next 5 years sometime before Axl turns 60. What bothers me is that Axl will more than likely not strike while the iron's hot while people are still talking about GNR and the reunion, and we may see some kind of "non-event" type release similar to what we saw go down with Chinese.  And the root of that reality is because Axl simply can't be bothered to do it right. As a fan that wants to see this band continuously succeed, that shit is annoying.  Undecided
I agree. This is really something that bothers me.

In the last 30 some years, a new Guns N' Roses album has happened once. ONCE. No other statistic matters as far as likelihood of another one coming along is concerned, to me at least. I've literally had as many threesomes as Axl Rose has had album releases in that timespan, and call me a Negative Nelly, but I think the likelihood of either experience being repeated grows less and less likely with each passing year.  Wink
You're assuming they (or just Axl) do things in patterns.

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6287 on: May 08, 2017, 02:45:11 PM »

I don't think anyone's debating whether or not an album *could* happen.  Sure, lotsa weird stuff can happen.  But it's been 9 years since Chinese dropped which is the equivalent to the wait that was endured by fans from 1999-2008.  By that logic, we could go back in time to 1999 and say to all the fans who by then were starting to get restless for a new album "You fools!! The album DOES come out in November of 2008!! Ye of little faith!!"  Obviously, that's ridiculous.

Yeah, I have never understood that taunt.

How people puff out their chest that they "called it" and "never lost faith" because 10 FUCKING YEARS LATER an album containing a full 14 songs came out.

I am hereby "calling" proof of alien life.  And hey, it could still happen, so, I'm not wrong.  You are just a hater and a bad fan of humanity if you disagree with me. 

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6288 on: May 08, 2017, 02:46:31 PM »

Hahahahaha

Interesting way to put it.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6289 on: May 08, 2017, 03:04:53 PM »

Even if an album came, say, sometime this coming fall while the NITL tour is still churning in numbers the media would be very kind, essentially labeling GNR as somewhat of a gift that keeps on giving.  What a fantastic way it would be to punctuate the NITL tour with the first new Guns album featuring Axl, Slash & Duff since the first Bush administration.  Wow!!

Now reality...The tour will likely wrap up late fall 2017.  The Conspirators will basically be waiting in the wings to record and tour on the next album, which all told will eat up *at least* two full years.  During that time, maybe Axl tinkers (again) in the studio with whatever else he has recorded.  Maybe Slash has done some recording for the album at that point.  Maybe not.  But no matter how you slice it, if things keep going like this, by the time Axl finishes whatever homework he has left to do for the next album, he'll be damn near 60 years old by the time it launches.  And that's assuming by that time Slash & Duff are down to, ahem, re-group...and support it.

Literally, our only hope is that Slash has been doing some top-secret ninja recording, and somehow...despite all odds...something comes out by year's end.  But let's get serious. Who sees that scenario playing out?
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6290 on: May 08, 2017, 03:55:35 PM »

I absolutely think that a new album with Axl, Slash, and Duff will hardly face tough press.

For all the talking points about how that evil, no damn good media are towards Axl, CD did not get bad reviews.  Now, even the good ones did pepper in a few lines about how it wasn't really GNR and to some, that invalidated the whole thing.  But they were just being honest.  They were saying if you were looking for classic GNR you've come to love, this ain't it, but it ain't bad either.

I see how well the tour has been received and just can't see how if a new album came out with this line-up, that people would shit on it.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6291 on: May 08, 2017, 04:01:46 PM »

In the last 20 some years, a new Guns N' Roses album has happened once. ONCE. No other statistic matters as far as likelihood of another one coming along is concerned, to me at least. I've literally had as many threesomes as Axl Rose has had album releases in that timespan, and call me a Negative Nelly, but I think the likelihood of either experience being repeated grows less and less likely with each passing year.  Wink

Fixed that for ya. Wink

AFD came out 30 years ago this July.

Since then we've had 3 albums of new GnR material. Not one.

I know, nitpicking. So shoot me. Tongue

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6292 on: May 08, 2017, 04:04:35 PM »

How people puff out their chest that they "called it" and "never lost faith" because 10 FUCKING YEARS LATER an album containing a full 14 songs came out.

I am hereby "calling" proof of alien life.  And hey, it could still happen, so, I'm not wrong.  You are just a hater and a bad fan of humanity if you disagree with me. 
Can you say alien life doesn't exist based on 2.000+ years of modern human history?

Also, there's no one here saying those kind of things. I do see a few optimistic people, but I doubt even those are the kind of "never lost faith". I can speak for myself: I just don't believe that our point of view now is any indicative of what will happen in the future.

Literally, our only hope is that Slash has been doing some top-secret ninja recording
Dude, 9 years ago Bumblefoot recorded guitars for CD in his home studio, why wouldn't Slash do the same now? And if it wasn't for that official pic from Marshall amps (or whatever it came from), would we know about Slash being in a studio?  

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #6293 on: May 08, 2017, 04:20:08 PM »

I can speak for myself: I just don't believe that our point of view now is any indicative of what will happen in the future.

This. Exactly this.

Since late last year, everything they've done has made sense, been good business, and has generally been run well (some fan club and specific venue issues being the exception).  They've basically functioned very much like every other band on the planet.  You can grouse about the lack of press, and it's a fair point, BUT.....it's the one real notable exception.

I don't think we can look at anything that happened between 1992 and just prior to Dec 2015 and apply it to now.  It's not apt.

You can think an album is coming or not...fair enough. We'll see.  But I think saying "An album isn't coming because only 1 album was released between 1991 and May 2017" isn't reading the pulse in the room, so to speak.  It's ignoring the huge changes that have come over the past 18 months or so.

I'm not getting my panties in a bunch regarding new music until we are sitting here, next year at this time, with no album release in sight.  Because, til then, I wouldn't have EXPECTED anything to be released (except maybe an odd single to celebrate AFD 30, maybe).....you can't really expect anything sooner than that, given their tour schedule (which, FYI, makes total sense, too).

In May 2018, if we've had no work of an album release...then I'll join the voice chiming in saying it's time for new music, and that they should probably consider getting into a studio...or risk become a touring act only (and I will still go see them if that's the way they go).  But to say it all now.....man, that's jumping the gun, IMHO.  ESPECIALLY because there's been little giggles and grumbles (like the Slash pic) that they might be working on something now, maybe, possibly.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6294 on: May 08, 2017, 04:56:35 PM »

Also, there's no one here saying those kind of things. I do see a few optimistic people, but I doubt even those are the kind of "never lost faith". I can speak for myself: I just don't believe that our point of view now is any indicative of what will happen in the future.

I think that's probably accurate. 

But, I also think suppose you were asked about CD in say, 2005.  And you sort of rolled your eyes and made the universally recognized jerkoff motion, you aren't some sort of monster or a bad fan.

And then, a mere 4 years later, 11/23/08 was not your big comeuppance.  There was AMPLE reason for doubt.

Now, if anyone here was content to rock back and forth, a la Bart Simpson, clutching their doll and chanting "Krusty is coming...Krusty is coming...", hey, it's your dime.  I just don't find such a person to be any sort of visionary, that's all.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6295 on: May 08, 2017, 05:16:33 PM »

I don't know, I'm not holding my breath for it. Not giving up either. Que sera, sera. ?\_(ツ)_/?

About CD: it was different, really harsh environment and high expectations because of the lenghty production and money spent. It was an easy joke in the industry (cough-Dr Pepper). Now there's no one outside the fandom expecting a new GNR album. It can work both ways: it's less pressure, but also less demand. We'll see.

allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6296 on: May 08, 2017, 06:42:51 PM »

So, if we're still debating this a year from now- tour has finished, there's no word on anything, silence has resumed, what will people feel? Genuinely interested.

I think I'll feel exactly as I do now really, as it's what I feel will happen. Would anyone feel angry, pissed off, cheated etc? Would anyone feel satisfied, and that it was time for the band to end?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
raindog
Rocker

« Reply #6297 on: May 08, 2017, 07:59:22 PM »

In the last 20 some years, a new Guns N' Roses album has happened once. ONCE. No other statistic matters as far as likelihood of another one coming along is concerned, to me at least. I've literally had as many threesomes as Axl Rose has had album releases in that timespan, and call me a Negative Nelly, but I think the likelihood of either experience being repeated grows less and less likely with each passing year.  Wink

Fixed that for ya. Wink

AFD came out 30 years ago this July.

Since then we've had 3 albums of new GnR material. Not one.

I know, nitpicking. So shoot me. Tongue

Nah, you're right. Fair point, my mistake and fair enough.  peace
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #6298 on: May 09, 2017, 09:27:33 AM »

Dear friends, I really do not believe in a new album. There is no clue that we will have something new. There were some recordings at Axl's request, so that Slash and Duff could do something in the studio and that was all.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #6299 on: May 09, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »

So, if we're still debating this a year from now- tour has finished, there's no word on anything, silence has resumed, what will people feel? Genuinely interested.

I think I'll feel exactly as I do now really, as it's what I feel will happen. Would anyone feel angry, pissed off, cheated etc? Would anyone feel satisfied, and that it was time for the band to end?

I'm a firm believer in the concept you can't lose what you never had.

I gave up on this band as a viable creative entity YEARS ago.  Whatever fire Axl might have had once upon a time is long extinguished.  So no, I will feel aboluely nothing if he never even releases one more song.  He's cashed out, in my opinion.  Just riding out the wave of his already establsihed fame.

How will I feel a year from now with nothing?  Likely just hopeful there will be another tour with Slash and Duff at some point.  And I can wait until it does.

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: