Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:57:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227839 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 231145 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1580 on: January 15, 2008, 01:57:54 AM »

My wife went into a music store, and an employee asked if he could help.

She gave him the list of things she was looking for.

He replied, "Pink Floyd...is that a band?"

Yeah...not all that sharp, are they? 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1581 on: January 15, 2008, 01:59:59 AM »

LOL, he should have been fired on the spot.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #1582 on: January 15, 2008, 02:13:04 AM »

now there you go classic example of an asshole move.if you work in the music business,an a fan wants a cd.then by all means give it to him.let him or her make that dission by themselves,wether it's good or not.people can be so close minded anymore it gets me sick.like people snicker about my g nr coat.and it def piss's me off to no end.people now an days don't even have a clule to what g nr even stands for ,ta snicker.

the one an only horsey !
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1583 on: January 15, 2008, 02:13:40 AM »

LOL, he should have been fired on the spot.

It was Best Buy.  He's probably manager by now.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1584 on: January 15, 2008, 01:39:47 PM »

now there you go classic example of an asshole move.if you work in the music business,an a fan wants a cd.then by all means give it to him.let him or her make that dission by themselves,wether it's good or not.people can be so close minded anymore it gets me sick.like people snicker about my g nr coat.and it def piss's me off to no end.people now an days don't even have a clule to what g nr even stands for ,ta snicker.
Its the youngsters ya know!!! They seem to think they know everything. For me it's not even worth the argument half the time. Don't let it get to ya, just keep doin what your doin, it makes you happy right. Smiley

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1585 on: January 17, 2008, 11:46:19 PM »

What are the sales on Angel Down? Sounds pretty low.

not sure what the sales are..but i dont think it matters...most people dont buy cds anymore anyway..if you check itunes the 3 Axl songs on "angel down" were downloaded the most...telling me most people just bought those 3 songs for 3 bucks and passed on the rest of the record...which is a shame because it was a great record...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1586 on: January 18, 2008, 02:39:21 AM »

It was Best Buy.  He's probably manager by now.

I went into Best Buy one time and told the employee the exact cable, cable type, and brand that I needed. I was looking for a referral where in the store they were at since my Best Buy changes displays and aisles more times than Steven Adler has done something pathetic. He said, "Hold on a second, I'll be right back". About 5 minutes later he comes back with a cable....

He hands me a cable, and it's the wrong type and brand. Wow. Monkey can't even follow directions.

I guess they wear yellow at Best Buy because it reminds them of bananas and keeps them motivated.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1587 on: January 22, 2008, 10:24:44 AM »

i'm driving through the sticks of NW New Jersey last night, and i find a rock station - 105.5. next thing i know they are playing "Back in the Saddle" by seb bach. i was stunned - for a second i thought i had switched to the CD player.

it was really f'n cool to hear a new song with Axl (and Bach) on the radio. that version kicks ass!

http://www.jerseysgreatest.net/wdha/played/

are other stations playing this or other Bach songs???

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1588 on: January 22, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »

95.9 plays it as well here in nj

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1589 on: January 22, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »

I haven't heard any of the songs on the radio (I have Sirius), but while listening to Hair Nation the other day before they broke into a Skid Row tune they mentioned how Angel Down wasn't selling too well but had gotten very good reviews.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #1590 on: January 23, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »

I still haven't bought "Angel Down". Mainly because it's impossible to find the album in any regular store.

I just looked online to buy it from "Free Record Shop" and saw there are 2 versions: does anyone know what the difference is? One is called "Angel Down +", the other one is called "Angel Down 07".

Here's the link: http://www.freerecordshop.be/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/FreeRecordShop-FRS_B2C_BE-Site/nl_BE/-/EUR/ViewFas-Search;pgid=Ttm.OYvCRVhSR0MHrX.ky7qh0000k9NcvbBW?action=search&layout=sample1&fh_search=angel+down&searchcategory=all
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #1591 on: February 04, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »

For the past two months just before the opening faceoff at Flyers games they play: (Love Is) A Bitchslap

As I looked around you can see most people getting into it even though they may not know who it is.
Promotion in the Philly area has been almost non-existent for Bach.
I think more promotion would help him sell more -  in my opinion is a very solid album.

A question:
Has anyone heard anything more about the planned video?

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1592 on: February 04, 2008, 10:42:52 PM »

there really has been ZERO promotion... and even less distribution... its very odd.  Baz was in the news almost every week in the months leading up to the release... then whammy.. we hear nothing,  have they even released a single to radio stations?   he should release back in saddle and leverage axl's popularity.  i think that would generate some interest in the album.. then they could follow up with a ballad.. then Stuck Inside.   i think stuck inside is the best song on the album.. for some reason it reminds me of alice in chains.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1593 on: February 04, 2008, 10:44:38 PM »

What are the sales numbers for this album?

Angel Down itself would make for a great single.  Just edit the dramatic build-up in the beginning, and you are good to go!

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1594 on: February 04, 2008, 10:47:32 PM »

What are the sales numbers for this album?

Angel Down itself would make for a great single.  Just edit the dramatic build-up in the beginning, and you are good to go!

good to go like the Crunchwrap Supreme from taco bell?
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #1595 on: February 05, 2008, 05:57:47 PM »

I love the song "Angel Down" to death, but I can't see the current radio-rock crowd finding it accessible. There's just too much (awesome) screaming for them to handle.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #1596 on: February 05, 2008, 10:50:37 PM »

Have I mentioned how much I am loving this album! You Don't Understand is radio friendly, surely.

Seb's vocals are awesome. Not only are there some very cheesy 80's metal riffs - there's some wicked 70s glam rock flanging effects too.

As far as rock ballads go, I would like to make the call that Seb claim the crown from Bon Jovi right here and now!

I love the way you can hear Axl go "pick it up' in the break of Back in the Saddle, much like Billy Idol does in White Wedding. What he says after that is not very G rated.  Grin Can anyone make out the dialogue at the end of Bitchslap?

Seb: Chew on that

Band: Nice. Mmm that was nice.

Axl: I didn't say her to do that!

Huh?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:52:08 PM by Angel Down » Logged

War is over, if you want it.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1597 on: February 05, 2008, 11:11:08 PM »

Have I mentioned how much I am loving this album! You Don't Understand is radio friendly, surely.

Seb's vocals are awesome. Not only are there some very cheesy 80's metal riffs - there's some wicked 70s glam rock flanging effects too.

As far as rock ballads go, I would like to make the call that Seb claim the crown from Bon Jovi right here and now!

I love the way you can hear Axl go "pick it up' in the break of Back in the Saddle, much like Billy Idol does in White Wedding. What he says after that is not very G rated.  Grin Can anyone make out the dialogue at the end of Bitchslap?

Seb: Chew on that

Band: Nice. Mmm that was nice.

Axl: I didn't say her to do that!

Huh?
I thought Axl said, "I just had to do that."

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1598 on: February 05, 2008, 11:15:33 PM »

he does say i just had to do that
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1599 on: February 06, 2008, 01:46:32 AM »

he does say i just had to do that

I agree on the dialogue, though for some reason I thought Bach said it.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: