Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  SAVE MART CENTER DECEMBER 13, 2006 CANCELLED
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SAVE MART CENTER DECEMBER 13, 2006 CANCELLED  (Read 25359 times)
Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2006, 06:31:14 PM »

There was no reason given. So what? You'd still call it lies. What's the use of giving reasons when all you get is a bunch of upset people calling it bullshit and lies?

Look forward, the next show is going ahead as planned.

/jarmo

Dude, don't be so fuckin' negative... I mean, give us a reason and forget about everyone else who is being a shithead about the whole deal, we want to know what's going on. If you have the info and don't want to share it, then... ?no

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
Jdawg
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »

My brother in law, also a fan, called it. When I told him I was going he said I won't believe it until he's on the stage.

Argh!!!!!!
mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2006, 06:34:01 PM »

There was no reason given. So what? You'd still call it lies. What's the use of giving reasons when all you get is a bunch of upset people calling it bullshit and lies?

/jarmo

There are some of us here that don't call bullshit when we hear something. Why do you put the same label on everyone around here. A lot of the people on this board only want to know what is up and don't call it lies when they get answers.

I for one want to know what happened but if we don't find out you won't see me posting stupid shit about Axl or anyone else connected to the band.

That's all I wanted to say ok

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2006, 06:34:07 PM »

I was just coming by to post this that I got from the venue contact:

Unfortunately the show has been cancelled. Tickets can be refunded from the point of purchase.

Michelle Cassida

Patron Services Manager

SMG

Save Mart Center AT FRESNO STATE

559.347.3411 phone

559.347.3405 fax

mcassida@savemartcenter.com

---

I contacted them as soon as I saw that the show was taken off the venue website.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2006, 06:34:21 PM »

Who cares about the "you" you speak of.

You should. You seem like one of them.  Tongue

If you have the info and don't want to share it, then...  no

I don't have any info.

I just pointed out how absurd it is. People asking for reasons when we all know as soon as they've given a valid reason in the past, we'd had people yelling "bullshit!".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tommy gun
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2006, 06:34:36 PM »

My brother in law, also a fan, called it. When I told him I was going he said I won't believe it until he's on the stage.

Argh!!!!!!

that is a perfect example of what its like to be a gnr fan - we try to defend the band, tell our friends the album is definitly coming out this year, that axl is for real this year, that its back to normal. ?But when they do shit like this its us fans on the front lines that are left to defend the faceless entinity known as GNR
Jdawg
Opening Act

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2006, 06:37:44 PM »

I'm on the phone with ticketmaster trying to get a refund ( i bought online) and they are saying no refunds after Dec 1. WTF!!!!! I'm on hold for a supervisor.
Jdawg
Opening Act

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2006, 06:41:24 PM »

I just want my $180 back....
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »

Jarmo I get the fact that a lot of people would still be complaining even if they gave a reason, but it would be nice if they did a press release giving an explanation.
Gunzen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2006, 06:44:04 PM »

Okay, here is the skinny, I live about 30 minutes from the Savemart Arena. I attend night classes at Fresno State, our rec center is across a sidewak to the Savemart Center. The venue is on campus. I have a few freinds who work at the center, and I work out there and have seen the non existant lines/interest. This show was a rescheduled show after a previously cancelled show. A freind of mine told me that the ticket sales were poor.

I am not surprised, this area of California, while a HUGE city is exptremely agricultural. Rock and Roll is not on the map there. I dont live in Fresno, I am actually closer to Yosemite, but when I am at school at State noone mentionsed it, there was no buzz and noone really even knew/cared. I think this was doomed from the start and expecting people to buy tickets to a concert at these prices two weeks from Chistmas is a disaster.

I checked online, and there are still yickets available for the Oakland show, and those had ALREADY sold well. SO I am gueesing it will just be to low of ticket sales. The Savemart Center is less than 2 years old or so and seats like 20 k and it hardly seems worth a mediocre turnout.

Oracle arena is approximately three hours from savemart (not including horrific traffic along the way) so the sojourn there should take closer to 4.

I am bummed, but I am sure they will play in Oakland. It is am older arena and not an argricultural type crowd. That is my opinion, we will see.

P.S. A cancelled stop from a rescheduled show in central California will not kill the tour, they have mostly good venues left. It is just a hiccup in the road, sucks, I was gonna be there, but I will be there on the 15TH
Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 06:49:42 PM »

Guys, GO TO !!!OAKLAND!!!!!! LETS SHOW AXL ROSE HOW OAKLAND ROCKS LIKE NO OTHER CITY!!!! beer
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 06:51:02 PM »

hey you guys at least its not less than an hour before they're scheduled to go on  Grin

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Jdawg
Opening Act

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2006, 06:53:38 PM »

Ticketmaster still doesn't know the show is cancelled. I'm getting the run around from them. I'm still on the phone while the supervisor contacts the "contact" for that event.
More news as it becomes available.......
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2006, 06:54:21 PM »

Okay, here is the skinny, I live about 30 minutes from the Savemart Arena. I attend night classes at Fresno State, our rec center is across a sidewak to the Savemart Center. The venue is on campus. I have a few freinds who work at the center, and I work out there and have seen the non existant lines/interest. This show was a rescheduled show after a previously cancelled show. A freind of mine told me that the ticket sales were poor.

I am not surprised, this area of California, while a HUGE city is exptremely agricultural. Rock and Roll is not on the map there. I dont live in Fresno, I am actually closer to Yosemite, but when I am at school at State noone mentionsed it, there was no buzz and noone really even knew/cared. I think this was doomed from the start and expecting people to buy tickets to a concert at these prices two weeks from Chistmas is a disaster.

I checked online, and there are still yickets available for the Oakland show, and those had ALREADY sold well. SO I am gueesing it will just be to low of ticket sales. The Savemart Center is less than 2 years old or so and seats like 20 k and it hardly seems worth a mediocre turnout.

Oracle arena is approximately three hours from savemart (not including horrific traffic along the way) so the sojourn there should take closer to 4.

I am bummed, but I am sure they will play in Oakland. It is am older arena and not an argricultural type crowd. That is my opinion, we will see.

P.S. A cancelled stop from a rescheduled show in central California will not kill the tour, they have mostly good venues left. It is just a hiccup in the road, sucks, I was gonna be there, but I will be there on the 15TH

Sounds plausible. Sorry for the folks who did buy tickets- hopefully they can get to the other Central Californian gigs. Anyway, let's not all run off and cry in our beds. If anything- it's nights like this (if low ticket sales is the reason) that should confirm the fact to the powers that be that they can't just roll into every market and sell the joint out on the basis of AFD alone. A new album, some music videos, singles, etc. are required if this band is going to make an impact in markets like Fresno, Maine, Nashville, etc.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2006, 06:55:37 PM »

First off, I'm sorry for all the fans who had tickets, and I hope you get to see the band soon - it's a great show, and well worth the effort and inconvenience.

That said, I'm disappointed that the next update we'll likely see on the web site is another cancellation notice rather than an annoucement on the album's release.

I'm far from a veteran on this board...after reading for years, I first started to actually participating less than a full year ago. Granted, the leaks were just starting to happen, but it was still relatively "quiet" concerning all things GnR. ?The discussions here were good ones, and if I had to describe the mood of those who were posting, it would be hopeful, anxious, and of course, patient.

Since then - and now that Axl and GnR are back in the public eye, playing new songs, and no longer behind closed doors - there has been much more to talk about in some ways, and it's many of the new members to the board who are doing a lot of the talking. ?It makes me sad that - rather than actually discussing the band, their music, etc. - most of the "discussion" that takes place is simply unsubstantiated rumor-spreading and people taking shots at the band for what they don't like or agree with...over, and over, and over again.

Jarmo - I understand the frustration at those who continuously take shots at the band - it *is* absurd. ?To me, it's more of a distinction between loyal fans (yes, even frustrated loyal fans) who truly love the band and their music, and those just looking to take shots, to bitch, and to get people around here worked up...unfortunately, that last group is growing in number. ? I agree with that sense of frustration, and find myself reading this board less and less as a result. ?

However, there are many of us - myself included - who don't find it unreasable to make objective comments and speculations about what happens with the band, why shows are cancelled, and - far more importantly - how it all may affect future shows, the album release, etc. ?It's not mindless complaining, and the intentions have nothing to do with taking shots at the band. ?I'm *thrilled* to see them in action again, and - in spite of no CD so far - it's been a phenominal year to be a Guns n Roses fan. ? If I seem negative, it's because I want to see the band be back where they belong - as ?genre-busting rock and roll legends - and get nervous that any mis-step might take Axl back into seclusion. ?I want to see them succeed and release CD more than anything. ?And no matter what, I still remain hopeful, anxious, and patient.

Again, Jarmo - I truly understand you comments, and why you make them. ?I just want to respectfully suggest that "you" may apply to fewer people around here than you think...

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:10:39 PM by bazgnr » Logged
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2006, 06:56:10 PM »

Fuck you haters.  I'm as sad as anyone about the show not going on, but you know what?  That's just rock n' roll, baby.  Sometimes rock stars can't play.  BOO FUCKING HOO.  If you hate it so much, why don't you do something else with your life -- like UNPLUG FROM THE INTERNET AND QUIT BITCHING.

It sucks that you didn't get an excuse, but like Jarmo says, you won't believe it anyways so what's the point.  If you're not prepared to believe what Axl/Merck say, then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE?   I'm sorry, but you're either a fan or you're not.  Get on or get the fuck off.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2006, 06:57:15 PM »

/jarmo

so does jarmo ever get upset with the band? i mean, just because someone is a fan doesn't mean you can't get upset.  I love gnr, i get mad at them.  i love the red sox, i get mad at them.  i love the bruins, i get mad at them.  for fuck's sake, you don't always have to stick up for them and suck their dick.  no album, a bunch of cancelled shows, no reasons for either, you bet you're ass i'm mad at the band.  i don't understand how some ppl can still stick by them like everything is all dandy.  and yes, i'm a real fan, so don't take that route when you try to flame me.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2006, 07:00:40 PM »

so does jarmo ever get upset with the band?

Upset about a cancelled show? No... It happens. Most artists cancel shows.

I was in Portland after a seven hour bus ride from New York.

I didn't sit and dwell on it.

Regarding all the other things you're upset about, it's like Bumblefoot said. I don't like to focus on something that I don't have right now.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:08:18 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2006, 07:00:59 PM »

Fuck you haters.  I'm as sad as anyone about the show not going on, but you know what?  That's just rock n' roll, baby.  Sometimes rock stars can't play.  BOO FUCKING HOO.  If you hate it so much, why don't you do something else with your life -- like UNPLUG FROM THE INTERNET AND QUIT BITCHING.

It sucks that you didn't get an excuse, but like Jarmo says, you won't believe it anyways so what's the point.  If you're not prepared to believe what Axl/Merck say, then WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE?   I'm sorry, but you're either a fan or you're not.  Get on or get the fuck off.
I'm sure you can understand people getting upset over things they care about.
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2006, 07:03:58 PM »

so does jarmo ever get upset with the band?

Upset about a cancelled show? No... It happens. Most artists cancel shows.

I was in Portland after a seven hour bus ride from New York.

I didn't sit and dwell on it.

Regarding all the other tihngs you're upset about, it's like Bumblefoot said. I don't like to focus on something that I don't have right now.

/jarmo

How about upset for other reasons?

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: