Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:10:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 395775 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2014, 11:35:56 AM »

Nice find. That doesn't sound like he's living based off that interview
At the very least, it makes it less than crystal clear.

Ali

Maybe Ron forgot to put an asterisk by 2014* (on hiatus)

Wishful thinking or very plausible.
Only he knows.  If he was out, saying "WE are on a hiatus" is a misleading comment, to say the least.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »

On the topic of whether he has submitted compositions for GUNS N' ROSES to record for the band's next studio album, Thal told Khaleej Times: "I wanted to get together as a band, I didn't want to submit my songs for the band to play. I wanted the band to write as a band so it would truly be a band. But we're just too busy with touring and other things, and it just didn't happen."

No one alive can put a good spin on this part.
I think he confirmed in his Reddit AMA that they passed song ideas on to each other and worked on them.  I know he'd prefer getting together and that may be more productive, but at least they were working on each other's song ideas.

Ali
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »

They get a pass because its nothing but speculation and interpretation by individuals. If GN'R had to comment on everything that was out there about them then they would never stop clearing up issues. Remember when there was no internet, no online social media and it would take a while for info to filter through to people, well that was not that long ago. Also, things like this can be for personal/private matters and just because we buy an album or go see a show does not automatically entitle you to have every bit of info on a band/individual/situation etc. When its time, we will know.

Not a fan of this answer.

Let me clarify that.  I'm not a fan of this answer if you are then going to get butthurt over the "lies and unfounded speculation."  Because by not commenting, that is what you foster.  You enable that.  Now...if you don't care, no worries.  But don't lecture us down the road about we had it all wrong.  You didn't tell us dick. 

Its a different world out there right now with the internet and social media.  They know very well this talk is out there.  Not commenting on it or clarifying anything is absoltuely a conscious decision on their parts, and they have to live with that fallout.

I am not going to be butthurt, im also not claiming to tell you dick or lecture you or anyone. I said why they get a pass on this. Its a pass from me anyway. I know that others wont give them a pass, but i just said why i give them one. You asked, i gave my answer, thats all really. I wouldnt have expected it to please anyone in particular.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »

They get a pass because its nothing but speculation and interpretation by individuals. If GN'R had to comment on everything that was out there about them then they would never stop clearing up issues. Remember when there was no internet, no online social media and it would take a while for info to filter through to people, well that was not that long ago. Also, things like this can be for personal/private matters and just because we buy an album or go see a show does not automatically entitle you to have every bit of info on a band/individual/situation etc. When its time, we will know.

Let me clarify that.  I'm not a fan of this answer if you are then going to get butthurt over the "lies and unfounded speculation."  Because by not commenting, that is what you foster.  You enable that.  Now...if you don't care, no worries.  But don't lecture us down the road about we had it all wrong.  You didn't tell us dick. 

Its a different world out there right now with the internet and social media.  They know very well this talk is out there.  Not commenting on it or clarifying anything is absoltuely a conscious decision on their parts, and they have to live with that fallout.

I am not going to be butthurt, im also not claiming to tell you dick or lecture you or anyone. I said why they get a pass on this. Its a pass from me anyway. I know that others wont give them a pass, but i just said why i give them one. You asked, i gave my answer, thats all really. I wouldnt have expected it to please anyone in particular.

Oh no, my bad.  The "you" there was the band and their management.

The band and its management fosters this sort of environment with their own conscious and deliberate silence all the god damn time.  But then will make a comment down the line how frustrating it is having to deal with "lies and misinformation."

Can't have it both ways.  If you choose to dummy up, you live with what gets put out there.  if you want it corrected, then correct it.  Ultimately, how things go is their call.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »

Only he knows.  If he was out, saying "WE are on a hiatus" is a misleading comment, to say the least.

I am going to ask you this since you seem to be huge believer in the concept of benefit of the doubt and how we should not speculate on, well, anything.

Who is this helping?  Look at this pained kabuki dance that is going on across every GNR forum on the net.  Who is served by this?  Why foster that sort of environment with this sudden laryngitis?

Is it productive?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »

cool, all good
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »

The band and its management fosters this sort of environment with their own conscious and deliberate silence all the god damn time.  But then will make a comment down the line how frustrating it is having to deal with "lies and misinformation."

Can't have it both ways.  If you choose to dummy up, you live with what gets put out there.  if you want it corrected, then correct it.  Ultimately, how things go is their call.

They were certainly quick on the trigger to refute the "Axl's retiring" rumors...seems like they could easily pull the trigger again here if they wanted to.

Maybe the real answer is:  they don't know.  Ron's certainly voiced his displeasure (the part about not sitting down as a band to write one note in 8+ years is disheartening) but maybe he hasn't expressly communicated that to management yet...and maybe management hasn't attempted to reach out to Ron, either because they want him to cool off or they don't know/care how to deal with him.  It's certainly not normal, but that's what kind of make it plausible, no?  Granted, there are a lot of maybes in there, but that's what happens when we don't have any clarification, and our sources include an interview with a Middle Eastern newspaper...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2014, 01:29:37 PM »

I am going to ask you this since you seem to be huge believer in the concept of benefit of the doubt and how we should not speculate on, well, anything.

Who is this helping?  Look at this pained kabuki dance that is going on across every GNR forum on the net.  Who is served by this?  Why foster that sort of environment with this sudden laryngitis?

Is it productive?
I never said there should be no speculation on "anything".  I merely question the good that comes out of speculation in may situations.

As far as your other questions, I think those are best directed to those are choosing to remain silent.

I, personally, don't think it's helpful.  But, I also don't think it's an issue that has to be addressed while the band is taking a break with no planned activities.  When tour dates pop up, or some other band activities, then that would be the time to address the issue in no uncertain terms.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »

I, personally, don't think it's helpful.  But, I also don't think it's an issue that has to be addressed while the band is taking a break with no planned activities.  When tour dates pop up, or some other band activities, then that would be the time to address the issue in no uncertain terms.

I know that we didn't find out about Bumblefoot (or to many of us, that there was such a thing as Bumblefoot) until they literally took the stage on 5.12.2006.

Which was ridiculous.

Was it the same with DJ?  Did we know he was in the fold before he took the stage with them in December 2009?

ticognr
Opening Act

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »

I agree with y'all. But i think he was very clearly to me. He's out.
This is not a shock at all, he's saying he's not happy with all for some time...
I just want to know who is going to be the new guitarist 'cause neither Ashba or Fortus can 'hold' the rhythm guitar and that solos like Bfoot...

=/

Guns n' fuckin' Roses
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2014, 01:51:45 PM »

This is not a shock at all, he's saying he's not happy with all for some time...
I just want to know who is going to be the new guitarist 'cause neither Ashba or Fortus can 'hold' the rhythm guitar and that solos like Bfoot...

=/

I've never been one to stick pins in my DJ voodoo doll.  But I'll concede he doesn't blow me away.

But on one of the other sites, someone broke down just how much of which parts of the songs Ron plays instead of DJ.  It was sort of troubling.

Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2014, 02:20:40 PM »

=/

I've never been one to stick pins in my DJ voodoo doll.  But I'll concede he doesn't blow me away.

But on one of the other sites, someone broke down just how much of which parts of the songs Ron plays instead of DJ.  It was sort of troubling.

Yeah, Bumble definitely takes the laboring oar on the solos, especially the Bucket/Finck parts.  Given DJ's Patience interpretation, I'm not sure he's the right guy to take over if Bumble's out.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »

I know that we didn't find out about Bumblefoot (or to many of us, that there was such a thing as Bumblefoot) until they literally took the stage on 5.12.2006.

Which was ridiculous.

Was it the same with DJ?  Did we know he was in the fold before he took the stage with them in December 2009?
DJ joining the band was announced well before the December 2009 shows in March 2009.

I preferred that approach.  Although, BBF joining was rumored before it happened.  So, it wasn't a complete shock to me.

Ali
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 05:49:03 PM »

He's NOT out! I don't believe that until I see an official statement. They're just on downtime. If he was out he would probably made it clear, cause that is more like him.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 05:54:19 PM »

It's a few dozen GN'R fans on a few forums that would be addressed anytime something is ever over analysed.

I know people who have never heard of Bumblefoot but would still go and watch GN'R live.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2014, 06:49:08 PM »

It's a few dozen GN'R fans on a few forums that would be addressed anytime something is ever over analysed.

I see it more as running a professional, competent operation.

Or not.

ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2014, 05:53:37 AM »

As I said sometimes ago... True musicians who want to play in a "band" just want to record music as a "band"...And then you'd go "you can send track trough internet "and so on... But you know, when your musical interaction goes only trough the internet or here and there, in different places and different times and all the times axl isn't there...it just doesn't work....As we all know this is not  a "band" is just the Axl Rose thing, that's proved by other musicians departure.
Bucket, finck, bumble...people who already had their own things or played in other bands. And how many rumors we heard of stintson leaving...? Frank, fortus, dizzy (obviously), pitman..are just people who haven't reach a noticeable succes on their own or in other bands so they won't leave. But Ashba will be the next, it's just a matter of time (maybe a longer time than it took for the others).... Axl never got the sense of being in a band. Maybe at the beginning. But He thinks he's gnr and that's it. People come & go, the only one who counts is him. And there's a lot of people out there which are saying that's right. I dont' know if it's right, but I know for sure this has nothing to do with being in a band, has nothing to do with art, or wathever...
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2014, 10:44:21 AM »

He's NOT out! I don't believe that until I see an official statement. They're just on downtime. If he was out he would probably made it clear, cause that is more like him.

nah, he's out, dude.  There's probably more going on than we can see, but the writing on the wall is pretty clear and indicates that Ron has left.

His quote from a Blabbermouth interview:

"To be honest, I really should have paid more attention to it, even when I was in GUNS N' ROSES. I should have been touring more and putting more albums than what I did."

Unless he's using it as leverage against management, but that seems really unlikely.

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2014, 10:46:45 AM »

Keep in mind that the "I want the band to get together to write" is one person's idea of an ideal scenario.

The band has seven other individuals and their wishes to take into account.

Now, would it be great? Maybe. Is it the one solution that works best? Possibly not. GN'R hasn't used this method of working in the past (compare to how the Illusion tracks were worked on).

Besides, Bumblefoot was the first to admit that he wasn't always available for this kind of activities because he booked solo appearances when GN'R had time off....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »

As I said sometimes ago... True musicians who want to play in a "band" just want to record music as a "band"...And then you'd go "you can send track trough internet "and so on... But you know, when your musical interaction goes only trough the internet or here and there, in different places and different times and all the times axl isn't there...it just doesn't work....As we all know this is not  a "band" is just the Axl Rose thing, that's proved by other musicians departure.
Bucket, finck, bumble...people who already had their own things or played in other bands. And how many rumors we heard of stintson leaving...? Frank, fortus, dizzy (obviously), pitman..are just people who haven't reach a noticeable succes on their own or in other bands so they won't leave. But Ashba will be the next, it's just a matter of time (maybe a longer time than it took for the others).... Axl never got the sense of being in a band. Maybe at the beginning. But He thinks he's gnr and that's it. People come & go, the only one who counts is him. And there's a lot of people out there which are saying that's right. I dont' know if it's right, but I know for sure this has nothing to do with being in a band, has nothing to do with art, or wathever...

Yep.

This current line-up is not a real band.  I know that's a kick in the pants for some to hear people say that, but wake the fuck up already.

The original line-up was a band.  Even the group that recorded CD was a band.  Both wrote, recorded, and released music.  Shit bands do.

This current line-up is not a legit band.  Its a live touring band for Axl to sing old GNR songs in front of.  This is where we are now, and it seems highly unlikely to change.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: