Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:43:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  *Sigh* Lots of haters...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Sigh* Lots of haters...  (Read 3250 times)
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« on: March 04, 2006, 09:05:55 PM »

I've noticed there are lots of haters out there that won't even give CD a chance, just because they hate Axl or want Slash back.... Seems everyone has forgotten about one little thing called "THE MUSIC"! If AFD wasn't released, but another album was that was just as popular/influential and history went the same way it has after and they released AFD now instead of CD, people would still hate it just "because".  no [/rant]
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 09:07:11 PM »

fuck the haters, its cool if they dont like gnr for whatever reason..
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 02:12:13 PM »

I've noticed there are lots of haters out there that won't even give CD a chance, just because they hate Axl or want Slash back.... Seems everyone has forgotten about one little thing called "THE MUSIC"! If AFD wasn't released, but another album was that was just as popular/influential and history went the same way it has after and they released AFD now instead of CD, people would still hate it just "because".? no [/rant]

What haters? Give some examples, please!
From reading the boards, I've noticed anyone critising Axl and co. are either 1) Pissed because he kept the name or  2) Basing their opinion on what are average demos but are still open-minded about the album. Nobody has predicted CD will be crap, certainly not as many who say it will be amazing, despite having only heard a handful of songs. As for your AFD reference, if we had just downloaded demos for WTTJ or Paradise City, I'm sure everyone would be very excited, in spite of anything else going on. That's what it comes down to in the end: how good the music on CD is. That decides everything, certainly from the point of view of anyone posting on these boards.

HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 01:25:00 AM »

I've noticed there are lots of haters out there that won't even give CD a chance, just because they hate Axl or want Slash back.... Seems everyone has forgotten about one little thing called "THE MUSIC"! If AFD wasn't released, but another album was that was just as popular/influential and history went the same way it has after and they released AFD now instead of CD, people would still hate it just "because".  no [/rant]

From reading the boards, I've noticed anyone critising Axl and co. are either 1) Pissed because he kept the name or  2) Basing their opinion on what are average demos but are still open-minded about the album. Nobody has predicted CD will be crap, certainly not as many who say it will be amazing, despite having only heard a handful of songs. As for your AFD reference, if we had just downloaded demos for WTTJ or Paradise City, I'm sure everyone would be very excited, in spite of anything else going on. That's what it comes down to in the end: how good the music on CD is. That decides everything, certainly from the point of view of anyone posting on these boards.

Are you serious? You haven't seen all the people who are just hating the music because he kept the name/they hate him, because they think he's a dick?? They're all over the net, not here as much though. There are lots of people who don't even give this new music a change just because they don't like Axl/the new band. That's all they care about and don't give a rats @$$ about the music, because they won't give it a chance!! And I'm sure overtime they'd come around, but not now.. Maybe they're just pissed that the wait is too long.. Dunno.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 02:30:48 AM »

Are you serious? You haven't seen all the people who are just hating the music because he kept the name/they hate him, because they think he's a dick?? They're all over the net, not here as much though. There are lots of people who don't even give this new music a change just because they don't like Axl/the new band. That's all they care about and don't give a rats @$$ about the music, because they won't give it a chance!! And I'm sure overtime they'd come around, but not now.. Maybe they're just pissed that the wait is too long.. Dunno.

Axl knew this was going to be the case, yet proceeded anyway. If he didn't want to fight the situations you're talking about, he would have slapped another name on this. The people who "hate" the "haters" can thank Axl for consciously creating a culture of them.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 05:35:44 AM »

I've noticed there are lots of haters out there that won't even give CD a chance, just because they hate Axl or want Slash back.... Seems everyone has forgotten about one little thing called "THE MUSIC"! If AFD wasn't released, but another album was that was just as popular/influential and history went the same way it has after and they released AFD now instead of CD, people would still hate it just "because".? no [/rant]

From reading the boards, I've noticed anyone critising Axl and co. are either 1) Pissed because he kept the name or? 2) Basing their opinion on what are average demos but are still open-minded about the album. Nobody has predicted CD will be crap, certainly not as many who say it will be amazing, despite having only heard a handful of songs. As for your AFD reference, if we had just downloaded demos for WTTJ or Paradise City, I'm sure everyone would be very excited, in spite of anything else going on. That's what it comes down to in the end: how good the music on CD is. That decides everything, certainly from the point of view of anyone posting on these boards.

Yes, lots of people think Axl shouldn't have kept the name because they think this is not Guns n' Roses. Lots of people think he's an ass for cancelling concerts, not showing up, giving very little information, insulting and making up stuff about past bandmates, etc. It doesn't stop them from appreciating the music. A lot of people say its good, but its not Guns n Roses. The same with Velvet Revolver. I am a big fan of VR, but they sure as hell are not like Guns n' Roses, and I'll say the same about the new GnR. Even Axl himself admitted that it's not like the old stuff in the RS interview. Doesn't stop the music from being potentially amazing. Anyone who was ever a fan of the old GnR will listen to CD with an open mind, just like they did with VR. The reason is that although people might not like Axl or disagree with him for keeping the name, every GnR fan accepts he has a very talented singer and songwriter and performer and musician,etc. I have never read anyone denying Axl's talent or saying he had nothing to do with their success. Some people might predict it won't be as good without Slash, Izzy and Duff because the simple fact is those three made some amazing contributions to the old songs. But that's just a prediction. Just like some people are predicting it will be amazing, will change the world of music, will blow people away, etc. I don't know any fan of the old GnR who won't buy Chinese Democracy, whether they support Axl personally or not.

I personally think he's done some real stupid things in the past and has treated his own fans like shit. He has also fallen out with too many people for people to say its everyone's fault and not his. But IMHO he is the most important member in GnR's history and one of the most talented rock musicians and performers ever. I think the new band are good, so I'm going to the concert in Dublin and can't wait for Chinese Democracy and am expecting a lot from it.

Incidentally, I speak for fans of the old and new band here. Critics and non-GnR fans are a different story.They probably have their mind made up. But  they don't count anyway!

HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 05:06:38 PM »

Axl knew this was going to be the case, yet proceeded anyway. If he didn't want to fight the situations you're talking about, he would have slapped another name on this. The people who "hate" the "haters" can thank Axl for consciously creating a culture of them.

Well he didn't have to do that. He shouldn't have to. I think it's stupid how people can't get over it and move on to listen to the music, instead of saying "This music sucks" because they've already made their minds up about it before they heard it.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 05:29:38 PM »

In all honesty I think the people here have given the new leaks more time n effort then any other piece of unreleased music by any other band ever..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: