Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:10:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261695 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2009, 01:15:56 PM »

Same thing with Robin, a lot of us have gotten so used to Slash's solos, that when they're played so differently (so much worse) than on the albums, it ruins the entire feel of the song.

Your opinion, the majority of the fans would disagree with you there.

Majority of fans on this site?  Yes.  Majority of fans that used to attend GNR shows, No. 

Fans that don't attend fans anymore aren't fans.

Wonder why?  Finck was a 50/50 guy.  I think half the fan base loved him, half was "eh".
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2009, 06:43:59 AM »

ROBIN was the best thing to happenin' to GNR!!
im sorry to see him out!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »

im sorry to see him out!!

my thoughts exactly

Chinese Democracy!
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2009, 10:41:45 AM »

I don't know, I think that other guy's pretty good. Axl something or other.

And there goes the challenger...
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2009, 10:59:25 AM »

I think we should edit that to "Robin LEAVING" was the best thing to happen to Guns n Roses ever! 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2009, 11:03:47 AM »

I think we should edit that to "Robin LEAVING" was the best thing to happen to Guns n Roses ever! 

No that would be your hero $LA$H. Him leaving was the greatest thing that could ever happen to this band.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »

No that would be your hero $LA$H. Him leaving was the greatest thing that could ever happen to this band.

yeah...... Huh  because he didnt help to write some of the greatest songs, riffs and solo's in rock history?

Think SCOM riff and solo, Riff in jungle or the soloing in November Rain.  Obviously a great idea to get rid of him!

its not like he is known to be one of the greatest guitarists ever hey!   ok

So tell me what Robin has done that makes him so fuckin special?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2009, 11:39:17 AM »

yeah...... Huh  because he didnt help to write some of the greatest songs, riffs and solo's in rock history?

Think SCOM riff and solo, Riff in jungle or the soloing in November Rain.  Obviously a great idea to get rid of him!

Robin has been in 2 of the best bands of the past 20 years. He has written some kickass songs with Guns and on his own (Ghost of Mars soundtrack anyone?). He has more stage presence and puts more soul and energy into his playing than anyone else. That's what makes him so fuckin special.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »

not to me or a lot of other fans

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2009, 11:57:04 AM »

so we are really gonna head this way in this thread again? fucking great

I'll tell you why it was a good thing slash left, because both him and axl hated each other, they couldn't be in a band together, if he wouldn't have left there probably wouldn't be a GNR today, it would probably have imploded

saying that it was a good thing that slash left isn't taking away anything from the great music he wrote while in the band, it's just saying that it just didn't work anymore and it was for the better that he left

It's a damn shame that Robin left cause DJ haven't lived up to my expectations yet
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »

not to me or a lot of other fans

Your opinion doesn't mean a whole lot around here, so its not a big loss that you don't think that way.
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2009, 01:10:36 PM »

You're exactly right!  peace

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2009, 05:11:07 PM »

I love him and wish him well with whatever he decides to do in the future.
I respect him since he has been a part of my favorite band and I'm grateful for his contributions.  beer
Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2009, 06:44:14 PM »

Wow, I've been gone from this board for a few years and the Robin hate still continues!
A lot of the times, when one is completely opposed to something, they fail to have the logic, or the want to understand something new to them.
This is the Robin I know:

"Sometimes I hate myself, sometimes I hate you. The difference is when I hate you I am truly just hating something about myself."
-Robin Finck

Blessings.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2009, 07:38:38 PM »

I guess the thing with Robin can be compared to Metallica with Kirk Hammett and Dave Mustaine: I've heard some of the demos that Mustaine recorded with Metallica and after getting so used to Kirk's solos, Dave's solos sound so different from Hammett's that it makes it almost impossible to enjoy. On the other hand, Mustaine's Megadeth stuff is simply awesome. Same thing with Robin, a lot of us have gotten so used to Slash's solos, that when they're played so differently (so much worse) than on the albums, it ruins the entire feel of the song. SOD and TIL solos are awesome though and on the live version of November Rain, Robin plays are very beautiful backing guitar melody to the song, whereas the old lineup could really never get a good guitar melody going throughout the song live, as Axl's piano and Dizzy's keyboards pretty much dominated the soundscape, except for Slash's solos.

thing is Mustaine is 5 billion times more talented than Robin so that is a weird argument.

I know it is awesome that in 2009, i can watch my favorite band without cringing during the guitar solos and that is an amazing thing.

how exactly has he contributed to two bands?  Reznor writes everything, he plays it live and it isn't like NIN guitar parts are even remotely difficult to play

in GNR, I give him Better which is a good song but solos on SOD which is a good solo, bad solo on TIL and what other big time contributions do u have on that album?

I think the album suffers cause if Bucket or Ron played all the solos, i think it would be even a better album.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Henson
Headliner

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2009, 07:53:03 PM »

I understand you have a myspace music page and all but,
I still can't figure out where your guitar god complex comes from.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »

its come from being a fan of great guitar players

if my opinion and honesty offends u, perhaps u should stop reading?

I think Robin suffered due to being next to guitar gods like Bucket and bumble and it exposed him a bit.  when u listen to Bucket's TWAT, ITW and Sorry solos, it is just hard for anybody to compete with that.

my issue is i don't like his style, its nothing personal, hell I don't like Eddie Van Halen or The Edge either.. but when i am listening to my all time favorite songs and solos, I want true interpretations... why change what is already perfect?

it would be like someone covering John Lennon's Imagine and changing the lyrics or something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »

if the holocaust bothers me, then I should ignore and not acknowledge it?
Henson
Headliner

« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2009, 12:57:29 AM »

Unfortunately, every once in a while, I give in and and read what you have to say.

By the way, Honesty is the Truth, therefore can not be coupled with your opinion.
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2009, 02:36:12 AM »

Robin has been in 2 of the best bands of the past 20 years. He has written some kickass songs with Guns and on his own (Ghost of Mars soundtrack anyone?).

He wrote the music for 1 GNR song.  That's it.

He wrote 0 songs in NIN.

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: