Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:59:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261692 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #140 on: December 24, 2009, 05:11:26 AM »

theres nothing to debate with slash fans.   i lost interest in that many years ago, much like his hardcore fans should do in regards to gnr.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #141 on: December 24, 2009, 05:36:23 AM »

theres nothing to debate with slash fans.   i lost interest in that many years ago, much like his hardcore fans should do in regards to gnr.

if you lost interest, then why do you continue to post in threads relating to Slash?
And when people are discussing Robin, why can't you add any useful insight?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #142 on: December 24, 2009, 06:41:07 AM »

Indeed. But you agree that when you write a solo or guitar work and it doesn't appear on the writing credits, it's still writing, correct?

yeah it is still writing and deserves credit
Thanks. Now please tell D about that because he just believe what he read on the booklet and therefore Robin sucks because he has only one song credited (even tho A LOT of people praises Better as one of the best songs, as long as D doesn't like it, that means it sucks).

And of course, no matter how many times I say that, he still use this songwriting talk to backup his statement to disregard Robin.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2009, 11:28:08 AM »

just you then, and one or two other Robin fanboys  hihi
Again, that doesn't take us anywhere.

i also think that some people on this board REALLY underestimate the importance of writing.  Slash wrote some awesome riffs and solo's and had very good writing credits within the band.  and he was enegetic on stage.  Id take that over someone who looks cool and can play well but cant write for shit.
Indeed. But you agree that when you write a solo or guitar work and it doesn't appear on the writing credits, it's still writing, correct?

Yes, I agree... Slash should have received some writing credits for Estranged for example.  Also November Rain, Slash took a piano piece and really messed with the arrangement.  I know Axl wrote the words, but without Slash, those songs wouldn't be anything great.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2009, 12:19:15 PM »

i also think that some people on this board REALLY underestimate the importance of writing.  Slash wrote some awesome riffs and solo's and had very good writing credits within the band.  and he was enegetic on stage.  Id take that over someone who looks cool and can play well but cant write for shit.
I know Axl wrote the words, but without Slash, those songs wouldn't be anything great.

This thread has nothing to do with slash but I beg to differ. The pinao only demo of November Rain is better than the final product as far as I'm concerned.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2009, 01:26:33 PM »

I know Axl wrote the words, but without Slash, those songs wouldn't be anything great.

This thread has nothing to do with slash but I beg to differ. The pinao only demo of November Rain is better than the final product as far as I'm concerned.

You talking about the one that repeats the same thing for 6 minutes?  No, its not "better".  You may like it more because Slash isn't on it.  But that NR solo is considered to be one of the more epic guitar solos in Rock N Roll history.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2009, 03:50:33 PM »

You talking about the one that repeats the same thing for 6 minutes?  No, its not "better".  You may like it more because Slash isn't on it.  But that NR solo is considered to be one of the more epic guitar solos in Rock N Roll history.

No it doesn't repeat the same thing for 6 minutes and it has nothing to do with slash at all. Overall its much more of an emotional piece of music with just the piano and vocals than with all the other stuff mixed in with it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2009, 05:30:31 PM »

No it doesn't repeat the same thing for 6 minutes and it has nothing to do with slash at all. Overall its much more of an emotional piece of music with just the piano and vocals than with all the other stuff mixed in with it.

Hogwash!  Axl Sings it different, what the hell does that have to do with Slash's solo?  Slash's solo, like him or not, SCREAMS emotion.  Slash perfectly matches Axl's emotions, just like in Estranged. 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2009, 05:32:44 PM »

What the fuck are you Slash fans babbling about?

Get the fuck out of this thread already!

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »

What the fuck are you Slash fans babbling about?

Get the fuck out of this thread already!

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

/jarmo

HAHAHAHAHA, Merry Christmast to you to Jarmo!

It was the Finck worshipers that brough Slash into this.  Can't they leave that poor guy alone?  FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   rofl
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »

Hogwash!  Axl Sings it different, what the hell does that have to do with Slash's solo?  Slash's solo, like him or not, SCREAMS emotion.  Slash perfectly matches Axl's emotions, just like in Estranged. 

I wasn't talking about slash solo at all, you brought up his solo saying the song wouldn't be anything special without him which is FUCKING BULLSHIT!. As i said in my first post, the demo of Axl on the piano singing it is brilliant WITHOUT slash even being on it.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2009, 11:09:34 PM »

well you seem to care because you are posting in a Robin thread.  Huh

Well, in that case, you must lurve Slash, since you post in all the threads about him.
Just admit it, VR is your favourite band rite?
dawg, if you think JB is acting like a jerk or whudevah in slash threads, why act like him in the robin thread?

You're right. It's getting hard to stoop that low. There isn't anything interesting for me to talk about Robin anyway.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2009, 05:11:12 PM »

hold on voodoo

me not liking finck has nothing to do with his lack of writing contributions on the album, i just don't like his style of play

as i stated, there are many other guitar players i don't like either.. its just personal preference

Finck does a good job on Better *cept for the intro which makes my ears bleed* but his solo in it is great and his solo on SOD is great

other than that... I don't like his play.. maybe its cause Bucket is a million times better so when it comes to a Finck solo.. i just expect more cause Bucket kind of dominates the album everytime he touches a track.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2009, 06:55:31 PM »

I don't want to rock your world but...
sometime during your life, you're going to have to try and understand anothers opinion,
instead of flailing poor rhetoric and disregarding it.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2009, 10:50:01 PM »

Merry X-Mas Robin Finck

pd.

NOVEMBER RAIN:

Music By AXL ROSE

Lirics By AXL ROSE

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2009, 01:46:33 AM »

WOW ! Robin sucks ? Makes me ears bleed ? LOL that guy was in GnR longer then your boy Slash....  NEWSFLASH Slash hated SCOM, November Rain, Hell he didn't even wanna do patience...  Robin was a great lead guitarist in Guns N' Roses and I miss him dearly and I don't like how people come here and disrespect him.  Guys like Jim Bob and voodo get shitted on cause they like Robin gimme a break, Robin put alot of work and time into that album.  He wrote probaly the best song and best single on CD so I suggest all of you just move on with whatever agenda u have.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2009, 05:33:02 AM »

hold on voodoo

me not liking finck has nothing to do with his lack of writing contributions on the album, i just don't like his style of play

as i stated, there are many other guitar players i don't like either.. its just personal preference

Finck does a good job on Better *cept for the intro which makes my ears bleed* but his solo in it is great and his solo on SOD is great

other than that... I don't like his play.. maybe its cause Bucket is a million times better so when it comes to a Finck solo.. i just expect more cause Bucket kind of dominates the album everytime he touches a track.
I get you dislike his playing, but you said several times how he only had one songwriting credits and bla bla bla.

Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2009, 11:32:27 AM »

dont mean to provoke any robin fans, this is just my opinion and view

Im quite happy robin has left, with ashba in the fold, it feels that GNR are more complete than they have been since slash left. for me, robin never fit in, his look and style of play didnt fit in the band for me, and thats why im quite happy he's gone

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2009, 12:38:30 PM »

Yeah, I got that in the other thread. I dunno why you had the need to post here tho.

Still, I get you dislike Chinese Democracy as a whole, since there's lot of Robin there.

Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2009, 12:57:55 PM »

Yeah, I got that in the other thread. I dunno why you had the need to post here tho.

Still, I get you dislike Chinese Democracy as a whole, since there's lot of Robin there.

Because its topic related, not everyone reads every thread.

I dont "dislike" CD, i dislike robins playing on it, the songs are good, but the style of play i dislike of him, IE his solo in TIL is awful, but its one of my fav GNR songs, cant wait till ashba gets on it

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: