Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:26:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261697 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2009, 01:46:43 PM »

Robin is an amazing musician but i think we all got better served with Ashba  Tongue
Ashba is awesome like, i can't wait for them to come to Portugal! Ill be there front row! peace

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2009, 02:14:26 PM »

Yeah, I got that in the other thread. I dunno why you had the need to post here tho.

Still, I get you dislike Chinese Democracy as a whole, since there's lot of Robin there.

Because its topic related, not everyone reads every thread.

I dont "dislike" CD, i dislike robins playing on it, the songs are good, but the style of play i dislike of him, IE his solo in TIL is awful, but its one of my fav GNR songs, cant wait till ashba gets on it
No wonder your nickname.

Still, you already got Ashba playing a Slash-esque vibe on Better solo, soon you'll get that in TIL too.

Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2009, 02:47:10 PM »

Yeah, I got that in the other thread. I dunno why you had the need to post here tho.

Still, I get you dislike Chinese Democracy as a whole, since there's lot of Robin there.

I dont "dislike" CD, i dislike robins playing on it, the songs are good, but the style of play i dislike of him, IE his solo in TIL is awful, but its one of my fav GNR songs, cant wait till ashba gets on it

Just out of curiousoity (i cant spell) is that it for Finck and GNR? i mean, is ashba a permanemnt replacement, or just filling in for a tour with an option for finck to return does anyone know?
No wonder your nickname.

Still, you already got Ashba playing a Slash-esque vibe on Better solo, soon you'll get that in TIL too.

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »

No wonder your nickname.

Just out of curiousoity (i cant spell) is that it for Finck and GNR? i mean, is ashba a permanemnt replacement, or just filling in for a tour with an option for finck to return does anyone know?
Dj Ashba is the current guitarist, Robin Finck is a former, simple as that
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2009, 02:50:44 PM »

I wonder if fincks work will stay on upcoming albums

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2009, 03:16:26 PM »

did paul tobias and bucketheads work stay on CD?
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »

did paul tobias and bucketheads work stay on CD?

Yeah but, you never know with axl. maybe he would want to reinvent guns again, who knows.

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2009, 04:06:42 PM »

I am still a Robin fan and do wish he was still in the group but I think mostly because I hate to see the constant changing of the band members.  I would like to see a band keep the original lineup intact as much as possible but with GN'R that was gone long ago.  You learn to like the  members of GN'R the longer they are with the group.  Robin was with the more current linuep of GN'R for a long time.   I enjoy the current lineup and to say one thing about DJ is that he seems much more happy to be in GN'R than Robin did.  I always thought Robin could quit at a drop of a hat and that' s really what ended up happening.  So, the more I see Ashba the more happy I am with him in the band.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2009, 08:29:25 AM »

WOW ! Robin sucks ? Makes me ears bleed ? LOL that guy was in GnR longer then your boy Slash....  NEWSFLASH Slash hated SCOM, November Rain, Hell he didn't even wanna do patience...  Robin was a great lead guitarist in Guns N' Roses and I miss him dearly and I don't like how people come here and disrespect him.  Guys like Jim Bob and voodo get shitted on cause they like Robin gimme a break, Robin put alot of work and time into that album.  He wrote probaly the best song and best single on CD so I suggest all of you just move on with whatever agenda u have.

Robin and Slash were both actually in Guns for about 10 years.  Check the biography section man.  And Slash/GNR achieved a lot more in Slash's 10 years then Robin's.  5 albums to 1.  More hit singles, awards, tours etc etc etc.  Do i need to list it all? 

And i don't think Slash hated SCOM.  he said he hated playing it when he was drunk cos it was tough to pull off.  And he hated how popular it got. 
Do you play an instrument?
Ever find it frustrating when you can play 20 songs on guitar but your mom, dad or friends want you play Stairway to heaven repeatedly.  Gets annoying!

i also never heard Slash say he didnt wanna do Patience or that he hated november Rain.  I think maybe he meant he didnt want Guns to go in a more ballad direction.  On that note, its for the best that he left.

Now i appreciate all the work Robin done in Guns but for whatever reason, im just not that bothered that he is gone.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2009, 08:36:15 AM »

haters, I appreaciate that you want to keep this thread going, but spewing shit is not the way.. that goes to both sides that seems to wanna provoke the other ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #170 on: December 29, 2009, 09:51:03 AM »

SoD or TWAT solo.. that is the question.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #171 on: December 29, 2009, 11:08:35 AM »

SoD or TWAT solo.. that is the question.

Both awesome!  Think i prefer SOD though.  love the way it gains momentum.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Kooze
Opening Act

« Reply #172 on: December 29, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »

I don't want to rock your world but...
sometime during your life, you're going to have to try and understand anothers opinion,
instead of flailing poor rhetoric and disregarding it.

/quote]

By the way, Honesty is the Truth, therefore can not be coupled with your opinion.

[/quote]

Long time lurker here, had to create an account to applaud these two posts by Henson. Unfortunately it seems everyone else missed this.
At least someone has a level head, good job, perhaps if we all did we could have a conversation!

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

The Chinese Democracy guitar book:

According to this book, here's the credits for each song:

Chinese Democracy
Axl Rose, Joshua Freese, Paul Tobias, Tommy Stinson, Robin Finck, Dizzy Reed, Caram Costanzo and Eric Caudieux

Shackler's Revenge
Axl Rose, Brian Carroll, Caram Costanzo, Bryan Mantia, Robin Finck and Peter Scaturro

Better
Axl Rose and Robin Finck

Street Of Dreams
Axl Rose, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck and Paul Tobias

If The World
Axl Rose and Chris Pitman

There Was A Time
Axl Rose, Paul Tobias, Tommy Stinson and Dizzy Reed

Catcher In The Rye
Axl Rose, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Dizzy Reed and Tommy Stinson

Scraped
Axl Rose, Caram Costanzo and Brian Carroll

Riad N' The Bedouins
Axl Rose, Tommy Stinson, Robin Finck, Paul Tobias and Dizzy Reed

Sorry
Axl Rose, Brian Carroll, Bryan Mantia and Peter Scaturro

I.R.S.
Axl Rose, Paul Tobias and Dizzy Reed

Madagascar

This I Love
Axl Rose

Prostitute
Axl Rose, Paul Tobias and Robin Finck
The Shackler's credits seem to be identical to Rock Band's 2 booklet. So, that seems pretty much accurate to me, considering the amount of mistakes and missing info on the album's booklet.

So, looks like Robin helped a bit more than just writing Better, huh?

Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2010, 04:13:58 PM »

The Chinese Democracy guitar book:

According to this book, here's the credits for each song:

Chinese Democracy
Axl Rose, Joshua Freese, Paul Tobias, Tommy Stinson, Robin Finck, Dizzy Reed, Caram Costanzo and Eric Caudieux

Shackler's Revenge
Axl Rose, Brian Carroll, Caram Costanzo, Bryan Mantia, Robin Finck and Peter Scaturro

Better
Axl Rose and Robin Finck

Street Of Dreams
Axl Rose, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck and Paul Tobias

If The World

There Was A Time
Axl Rose, Paul Tobias, Tommy Stinson and Dizzy Reed

Catcher In The Rye
Axl Rose, Paul Tobias, Robin Finck, Dizzy Reed and Tommy Stinson

Scraped
Axl Rose, Caram Costanzo and Brian Carroll

Riad N' The Bedouins
Axl Rose, Tommy Stinson, Robin Finck, Paul Tobias and Dizzy Reed

Sorry
Axl Rose, Brian Carroll, Bryan Mantia and Peter Scaturro

I.R.S.
Axl Rose, Paul Tobias and Dizzy Reed

Madagascar

This I Love
Axl Rose

Prostitute
Axl Rose, Paul Tobias and Robin Finck
The Shackler's credits seem to be identical to Rock Band's 2 booklet. So, that seems pretty much accurate to me, considering the amount of mistakes and missing info on the album's booklet.

So, looks like Robin helped a bit more than just writing Better, huh?
As I said before, not bad for a mediocre guitarist and bad composer. CD, Shacklers, Better, SOD, Catcher, Riad and Prostitute. I dunno, sounds good to me. I could be wrong though.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2010, 11:57:06 PM »

I can't wait until Robin's new website is open for bidnis.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2010, 10:19:18 PM »

I can't wait either. Here's to Robins new website and hopefully some new photos from the last gnr tour  beer  smoking 

and a kiss to my mods  Kiss
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2010, 11:29:34 PM »

I'll always love Robin and was sad to see him go. I loved the way he changed the solo's slightly but he always respected the original idea and never frayed too much. I also loved his solo spots where he dared to be different and play what came naturally to him. And his work on CD speaks for itself, with the writing credits to back it up.

I'm glad axl is still on good terms with Robin as this could mean an appearance sometime in the future. When I first saw his Sweet Child O' Mine solo from Madison Square Garden in 2002, I knew this guy was special. I never did quite understand why some of the fan base was against him. He had his own look, he played the songs as good if not better, and he was always cool to the fans (giving water bottles, crowd surfing, coming down to the floor during paradise city).

Maybe it was because he was so much different from previous members some people couldn't accept it but you've got to understand that is what Axl was going for.

Axl was going for a new direction around 1998 - 2002 and lets face it, it was leaning towards industrial (Oh My God, Silkworms, Chinese Democracy).

And Robin Finck from Nine Inch Nails was the perfect choice.

Lee
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2010, 02:19:03 AM »

robin always seemed like he was REALLY feeling what he played

im not saying dj doesn't feel it, he just seems kinda nervous up there

which is completely understandable being the new guy with all that responsibility

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2010, 11:01:14 AM »

robin always seemed like he was REALLY feeling what he played

That's one of the things I LOVED about Robin. Other people looked at his movements as "dumb dances" etc. But I always looked at it as an expression of what he was feeling.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: