Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:33:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261694 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2010, 10:53:44 PM »

robin always seemed like he was REALLY feeling what he played

That's one of the things I LOVED about Robin. Other people looked at his movements as "dumb dances" etc. But I always looked at it as an expression of what he was feeling.

Thats why i love robin  love  drool  beer  smoking
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »

robin always seemed like he was REALLY feeling what he played

That's one of the things I LOVED about Robin. Other people looked at his movements as "dumb dances" etc. But I always looked at it as an expression of what he was feeling.

Thats why i love robin  love  drool  beer  smoking

Anyone who hasn't should track down video of his blues solo before SCoM from the December 20, 2006 show.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2010, 08:33:47 PM »

As we are nearing the South American tour, it feels like the band has come full circle since the new lineup rocked Rio De Janeiro in 2001. The band will be returning to the place where they were born, the HOB show was before this but many people consider the Rio show to be where it all started, again.

I wanted to post this video of Robin playing Sossego. This is the only time Robin has ever sang during his solo spot, he also greets the crowd in Portuguese.

I also want to thank Robin for all the work he has put into GN'R, in the studio and live. And wish him the best in his future endeavours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5TWOSc5kjc

beer

Lee

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »

As we are nearing the South American tour, it feels like the band has come full circle since the new lineup rocked Rio De Janeiro in 2001. The band will be returning to the place where they were born, the HOB show was before this but many people consider the Rio show to be where it all started, again.

I wanted to post this video of Robin playing Sossego. This is the only time Robin has ever sang during his solo spot, he also greets the crowd in Portuguese.

I also want to thank Robin for all the work he has put into GN'R, in the studio and live. And wish him the best in his future endeavours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5TWOSc5kjc

beer

Lee

Here here...

Love it.  beer

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »

I  may actually have to apologize to Finck fans Shocked Shocked

When I hear TIL solo on CD, I use to hate it.. now its ok........

when i hear DJ play it live though, I actually really like it..........

I think i just don't like Robin's sloppy kind of style

for me, I always feel like he tries to do more than his ability allows, so instead of just playing something straight, he tries to get too fancy and ends up tripping all over himself.

but those who appreciate that kinda nu metalish mixed with emo mixed with industrial mixed with blues type of sloppy style, i can see where u would get off on it.

Remember, anything about Robin has been strictly my taste and nothing personally against him.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Finckism
Headliner

catchy

« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2010, 02:45:16 AM »

I think that the better scom solo i've ever heard was played by Robin on RIR 2001.

I really love the man.

2010-03-22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »

Yeah, he tore the solo a new asshole there.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »

another problem i always had with Robin

just way too inconsistent. I agree at moments I even thought he was damn good.. I loved Rock In Rio 3

but the other night my GF was listening to YT and she was watching NR

I had no idea where this was from.. could've been 92  2006 2010

all i know is, i heard the absolute worst NR solo ever..... and i instantly knew it was 2006

sometimes he nailed stuff but too many times he just completely butchered stuff.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2010, 05:39:54 PM »

worst NR solo ever u say? your gf was watching the grammys hihi
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2010, 07:05:25 PM »

eL Oh eL
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2010, 10:01:30 AM »

I love Robin's take on the NR solo. I think that and Patience are superior to the original.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2010, 10:08:44 AM »

worst NR solo ever u say? your gf was watching the grammys

Could anyone even hear that?  too low in the mix.  Remember Slash probably hadn't played that in 17 years also.
He had time to rehearse for the LAYN show and he nailed everything. 

GNR are rocking a lot more minus Robin. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2010, 11:15:39 AM »

Could anyone even hear that?  too low in the mix.  Remember Slash probably hadn't played that in 17 years also.

Couldn't disagree more. I just watched a bootleg again from December 20 2006 and was really reminded how much I miss the guy.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2010, 11:23:18 AM »

Couldn't disagree more. I just watched a bootleg again from December 20 2006 and was really reminded how much I miss the guy.
+ we could clearly hear the solo from the grammy's and it really did SUCK,

jacdaniel, i was making a joke with a bit of my and a lot of others opinion in it, if u don't agree, fine, but i don't think u need to debate about how slash had had time to rehearse or not Tongue
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2010, 10:15:14 PM »

I remember back in 2004, I didn't have a computer then. I used to write all of the GN'R websites down so I could have a look at them at my friends house. I came across this video of Robin Finck playing the Sweet Child O' Mine solo at Madison Square Garden in New York 2002.

As soon as I watched it I was blown away, I was literally in shock. I loved the Sweet Child solo and thought it was really hard to play. And I had just seen Robin Finck blow it out the damn park, without even looking at his fretboard !!!!!.
From that day on I have been hooked on Robin, just watch the video and experience the magic.

I think everybody has to admit everytime a certain somebody played this solo, he was always looking down at the guitar. And now watch Robin playing the same solo 100x better without even looking at the fretboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FMrxf4aW8g      drool

Lee
Finckism
Headliner

catchy

« Reply #195 on: February 21, 2010, 12:57:49 AM »

I remember back in 2004, I didn't have a computer then. I used to write all of the GN'R websites down so I could have a look at them at my friends house. I came across this video of Robin Finck playing the Sweet Child O' Mine solo at Madison Square Garden in New York 2002.

As soon as I watched it I was blown away, I was literally in shock. I loved the Sweet Child solo and thought it was really hard to play. And I had just seen Robin Finck blow it out the damn park, without even looking at his fretboard !!!!!.
From that day on I have been hooked on Robin, just watch the video and experience the magic.

I think everybody has to admit everytime a certain somebody played this solo, he was always looking down at the guitar. And now watch Robin playing the same solo 100x better without even looking at the fretboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FMrxf4aW8g      drool

Lee

That's a wonderful video. Thanks for bringing back some memories mate!

2010-03-22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2010, 08:29:21 AM »

Ya know as great as DJ is in the band, this clip makes me miss Robin so much. The guy played the songs so well despite what others may think and was shit on for YEARS by the "fans," yet he still went out there night after night on tour and tore the roof of the place with his energy and performances. I hope someday we can see him join the band again even if its only to guest on a few songs.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2010, 08:30:02 AM »

His 2002 SCOM solo at MSG was really awesome. Also loved his solo spot on Tokyo 2007, that was fucking beautiful.

Ya know as great as DJ is in the band, this clip makes me miss Robin so much. The guy played the songs so well despite what others may think and was shit on for YEARS by the "fans," yet he still went out there night after night on tour and tore the roof of the place with his energy and performances. I hope someday we can see him join the band again even if its only to guest on a few songs.
Yeah, and its funny how the same people who loved to point out Robin's mistakes are the same who forgive the lots of fuck ups by the new guy.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2010, 08:41:57 AM »

its funny how the same people who loved to point out Robin's mistakes are the same who forgive the lots of fuck ups by the new guy.

its funny how a lot of fan's of Slash's playing hated Robin, now a lot of Robin's fans hate/dislike DJ;s playing. 
Wonder were we'll be in another 10 years  hihi

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »

I wonder how he feels about the split.
It's a shame that none of the old members have talked about writing and working with this band and it's members of old past.

Josh didn't talk
Paul didn't talk
Bucket didn't talk
Robin doesn't talk
Brain some small talk(Not meant negative)

why is that..?

I would love to hear some of their art's and how they wrote certain songs for gnr and perhaps future work. and after the end of the nin leg of course

And I wonder what he is up to like today. or any other day since his departure with gnr
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: