Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:06:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227889 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261797 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2010, 04:38:18 PM »

Josh didn't talk
Paul didn't talk
Bucket didn't talk
Robin doesn't talk
Brain some small talk(Not meant negative)

why is that..?

I imagine there are legal reasons for that like something they signed sworing silence

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2010, 05:10:13 PM »

that's so wrong.

but none the less I'm currious:P

a band featering old gnr players Tongue

Josh/Brain
Robin
Paul

that's a great combination Tongue
put in bucket head and you'll have the band gnr once was rofl
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »

I think Robin wants to settle down a bit.

Because lets face it, if Robin really wanted to do the tour with GN'R, he could have easily. There was a good few months in between NIN ending their tour and GN'R starting theirs. And plus Robin new all of the material including the arrangements like who plays what and where.

So in my heart of hearts I believe Robin just feels it's time to do something a little different and maybe relax a bit. And with him selling most of his gear on ebay, my theory could well be right.

I just hope on his new site, he has a way we can contact him. Because I would like to thank him for inspiring me and for touching my soul.  love

Lee
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2010, 05:56:24 PM »

that's one way to put it And you could be right Smiley

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2010, 07:14:22 PM »

Josh Freese did talk a little bit. There is a Modern Drummer interview somewhere here (I read the actual magazine) when he talk about working with Axl.

Also he worked with Robin on NIN.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2010, 11:54:05 PM »

In My Heart 4 Ever

love R OB IN'

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2010, 01:16:40 PM »

Josh Freese did talk a little bit. There is a Modern Drummer interview somewhere here (I read the actual magazine) when he talk about working with Axl.

Also he worked with Robin on NIN.

Brain gave a great Chinese Democracy interview with Modern Drummer as well, Tommy did a couple of good interviews also with other magazines. I'd love to read an Axl interview where he is talking about the music, composing and the making of the album, rather than banging on about all his grudges.
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »

Brain gave a great Chinese Democracy interview with Modern Drummer as well, Tommy did a couple of good interviews also with other magazines. I'd love to read an Axl interview where he is talking about the music, composing and the making of the album, rather than banging on about all his grudges.

x2
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2010, 08:19:01 AM »

i hope ROBIN does come back, he deserves to be on this tour so much.....i mean, he really should be here today!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2010, 08:42:21 AM »

Don't think he'll be back.

He was the longest ongoing member for the new era of gnr (1997)
and I think almost 10 years of doing nothing wasn't worth it.

and with NIN he could tour and do promo and go out and stuff.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »

he really should be here today!!

but he is gone to hell  hihi 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2010, 04:42:17 PM »

As much as I like DJ I'd still rather have Robin in the band, just listening NR from House of Blues and the lead solo he plays is probably the reason, also he was just so different compared to Slash, but DJ is very talented and seems like a great guy.

Hopefully Robin, Bucket and Brain can do some appearances through the tour, Izzy also!

Edit: Forgot Brain..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 04:44:48 PM by Rockin' Rose » Logged

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2010, 03:58:31 PM »

I'd prefer to have Robin in the band because of his talent, but if I was him, I would have left a long time before 2008...I think he was brave enough to hang around enough as long as he did truth be told

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2010, 04:30:55 PM »

Precisely

He was the replacement for Slash and that says alot.
Robin Put a great efford in gnr and I think we'll hear more of it sooner then later
And I think he did a very good job and became a great guitar player throughout the years in gnr.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2010, 12:19:18 PM »

gnrjanus, BumbleBuzz and Rockin' Rose, I agree with everything you guys just said. Robin to me is a true legend, who will be missed alot by his fans. It is a real shame he has gone, as I felt during the 06/07 tour people started to take notice of how talented and awesome he was.

Every show I've seen of GN'R he was my favourite of the night behind Axl, he totally shines in a live setting.

Robin we love you.  love

Lee
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 08:47:28 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2010, 02:36:53 PM »

gnrjanus, BumbleBuzz and Rockin' Rose, I agree with everything you guys just said. Robin to me is a true legend, who will be missed alot by his fans. It is a real shame he has gone, as I felt during the 06/07 tour people started to take notice of how talented and awesome he was.

Every show I've seen of GN'R he was my favourite of the night behind Axl, he totally shines in a live setting.

Robin we love you.  love

Lee

Just want to pile on to this sentiment.

I really enjoyed his work on the 02 tour but LOVED everything he did on the 06/07 tour. He had a big hand in creating my favorite GN'R song and he played my favorite GN'R solo of all time.

I really don't have anything against DJ Ashba but man... I so wish Robin were on this tour. It would put the tour up just another notch IMO. I can't even imagine how much it would rock to see Robin literally throwing himself into that TIL solo live!!

Having said that, I am still looking forward to whatever else he may have coming up. Would I rather he be with GN'R? Sure. But if he's not, I hope he at least has something going sooner than later.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2010, 12:55:35 PM »

Robin we love you.  love

Lee

Just want to pile on to this sentiment.

I really enjoyed his work on the 02 tour but LOVED everything he did on the 06/07 tour. He had a big hand in creating my favorite GN'R song and he played my favorite GN'R solo of all time.

I really don't have anything against DJ Ashba but man... I so wish Robin were on this tour. It would put the tour up just another notch IMO. I can't even imagine how much it would rock to see Robin literally throwing himself into that TIL solo live!!

Having said that, I am still looking forward to whatever else he may have coming up. Would I rather he be with GN'R? Sure. But if he's not, I hope he at least has something going sooner than later.

I totally agree, as soon as I heard that This I Love solo, it was my dream to see Robin rock it live. I have since seen DJ do it in Toronto, and I have to say it was a really special moment for me, it was amazing. But I still dream of the day I can see Robin playing the best GN'R solo ever live, and rocking the hell out of it.  love

Lee
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #217 on: March 23, 2010, 08:09:57 AM »

It is a real shame he has gone, as I felt during the 06/07 tour people started to take notice of how talented and awesome he was.

yeah thats because everyone thought he was a freak before then. hihi

i was absolutely  stunned when i saw his appearances from RIR III n' the 02' tours, his renditions of November Rain, Patience n' Sweet Child O'mine  solos where unfuckin'believable  beer beer beer beer drool drool
so much heart n' feel!!   n' his interlude solo's where awesome!!

i thought he was the absolute perfect replacement for Slash, he's a total individual n' he inspired the hell outta me!!

it was gr8 to see people showin' more appreciation towards him in 06' 07' 'cause he looked so cool n' he did, its just a shame a lot of people are so judge mental before when he looked like a 'freak' Roll Eyes
he looked fuckin' gr8 on 01' 02'!!     

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »

It is a real shame he has gone, as I felt during the 06/07 tour people started to take notice of how talented and awesome he was.

yeah having Marilyn Manson perform oral sex on you while on stage(even for a few seconds or whatever it was) could give some people the wrong idea.. hihi  I remember watching the NIN home videos thinking this guy was out of his mind.  Then all the sudden he was in my favorite band.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2010, 08:39:27 PM »

yeah having Marilyn Manson perform oral sex on you while on stage(even for a few seconds or whatever it was) could give some people the wrong idea.. hihi  I remember watching the NIN home videos thinking this guy was out of his mind.  Then all the sudden he was in my favorite band.

I have no idea what happened with Robin and Manson, but this wouldn't change my opinion at all on the man. I loved Robins look in 02 as well as 06. The only reason I think people didn't like Robins look in 02 is exactly the same reason why they thought the GN'R circa 2002 was a freakshow. And that's because they looked totally different than what people where expecting from a Rock N' Roll band that originated from Los Angeles. They most likely was expecting typical Rock guys, with the typical Rock look. But when they saw Robin and Bucket they resented the change, even when there was nothing wrong with their look. In their individual territories, people had no problem with their look E.G Robin with NIN, Bucket with Primus.

And in addition to this people have to remember that Axl handpicked every single player, so this is what Axl wanted. So for people to try to belittle and be nasty about Robin or any other members is extremely cruel and uncalled for.

Lee
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: