Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:03:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261695 times)
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2010, 09:43:54 PM »

It is a real shame he has gone, as I felt during the 06/07 tour people started to take notice of how talented and awesome he was.

yeah thats because everyone thought he was a freak before then. hihi

yeah having Marilyn Manson perform oral sex on you while on stage(even for a few seconds or whatever it was) could give some people the wrong idea.. hihi  I remember watching the NIN home videos thinking this guy was out of his mind.  Then all the sudden he was in my favorite band.

I have no idea what happened with Robin and Manson, but this wouldn't change my opinion at all on the man. I loved Robins look in 02 as well as 06. The only reason I think people didn't like Robins look in 02 is exactly the same reason why they thought the GN'R circa 2002 was a freakshow. And that's because they looked totally different than what people where expecting from a Rock N' Roll band that originated from Los Angeles. They most likely was expecting typical Rock guys, with the typical Rock look. But when they saw Robin and Bucket they resented the change, even when there was nothing wrong with their look. In their individual territories, people had no problem with their look E.G Robin with NIN, Bucket with Primus.

And in addition to this people have to remember that Axl handpicked every single player, so this is what Axl wanted. So for people to try to belittle and be nasty about Robin or any other members is extremely cruel and uncalled for.

Lee

agreed.  I personally wasnt calling Robin a freak, someone else said that people thought he was a freak until he joined GNR, and I thought it was due to his "look" and some of the things he had done in the NIN/Marilyn Manson days.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2010, 03:39:47 PM »

I dont think its a shame only cause it was HIS choice

i think people tend to forget that he left under his own accord.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2010, 05:14:05 PM »

When I say "it's a shame" I'm referring to all that happened that made him make what seems like the wrong choice at the wrong time.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2010, 06:54:54 PM »

True, People thought i was being condescending but i was being sincere

u slave away for 10 years in a band.. and then u quit right before shit happens... its just unfortunate regardless of how i feel about the guy.

Of course, on the other hand, if he had been professional and called Axl and told him his feelings and that he was considering leaving.. maybe Axl wouldve had a chance to tell him what was about to happen

instead, Robin like a bitch, leaves without even informing his band members who also were loyal to him and exposed him to a much bigger audience.

Robin Screwed Robin.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2010, 07:23:08 PM »

Yes I still think it's a shame that Robin, who played on the album and also had alot of input on the record (backed up by the credits), isn't part of the tour to support the album. And I also disagree about Robin screwing himself, I feel it was just an unfortunate turn of events that led to Robin not being on the tour, and it involved everybody. GN'R was not touring for a good 2 and a half years, after the Asia leg finished in 2007. Robin wanted to tour, who can blame him, Bumble toured with Lita Ford, Richard and Frank did various small shows, Chris had Sextapes. Robin had an offer from his former band NIN, and he probably thought it was his best option at the time.

This is what I'm trying to get across the whole ' situation ' is to blame, not Robin.  Cheesy

Lee
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:27:39 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #225 on: March 27, 2010, 07:28:30 PM »

He didn't call Axl and tell him though.. he just left with no explanation....

so its his fault for not being man enough to call Axl up. If he had, maybe Axl would've told him to hold off cause shit was about to start.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #226 on: March 29, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »

You talk like you know exactly what happened. But well... you don't. Nobody here does.

It was his choice, we don't know what the fuck he thought, but it's still uncalled to throw shit at him. Again, it's not unexpected from you, as you're always trying to find excuses to whine about him and telling how you're just being "sincere".

Curious enough, it's weird how you're still ignoring his songwriting credits on the Chinese Democracy guitar book - your previous excuse to diss Robin.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #227 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »

I find it very strange how Robin left the band...  he was there for like 10 years or something and he left with no explanation at all.  I hope one day we find out why he left.  i really doubt that it was just cos he was on tour with NIN.  Surely someone in GNR or GNR management would have told him if a tour was on the horizon?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2010, 10:53:46 PM »

You talk like you know exactly what happened. But well... you don't. Nobody here does.

It was his choice, we don't know what the fuck he thought, but it's still uncalled to throw shit at him. Again, it's not unexpected from you, as you're always trying to find excuses to whine about him and telling how you're just being "sincere".

Curious enough, it's weird how you're still ignoring his songwriting credits on the Chinese Democracy guitar book - your previous excuse to diss Robin.

Maybe he got songwriting credits due to composing solos on the songs? Still yet, there are exactly 0 memorable riffs on the entire damn CD, so it isn't like he co wrote LZ IV

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2010, 10:55:53 PM »

Maybe he got songwriting credits due to composing solos on the songs? Still yet, there are exactly 0 memorable riffs on the entire damn CD, so it isn't like he co wrote LZ IV

You don't remember the 'Better' solo riff? Or the 'This I Love' solo?

You HAVE to remember parts!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #230 on: March 30, 2010, 02:03:54 AM »

i give credit where credit is due. his Better solo is awesome. I like his SOD solo...TIL depends.. sometimes i like it, sometimes i don't.
The Better intro makes my ears bleed, just the worst tone I've ever heard.

I just think to no fault of his own, he has to go against Buckethead.... Most guitar players next to bucket are gonna sound mediocre.. so maybe the contrast is just too much on the album for me..

My opinion is, Bucket and Ron are such superior guitarists.. why not let them do all the solos?

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2010, 11:59:58 AM »

Because your opinion clearly biased isnt shared by as much people as you think.

I love Bucket and BBF's work, but to say Robin's guitar solos like the ones in CD should be replaced is insane.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2010, 07:04:53 PM »

Because your opinion clearly biased isnt shared by as much people as you think.

I love Bucket and BBF's work, but to say Robin's guitar solos like the ones in CD should be replaced is insane.

I agree, some people have a fixed agenda, and theres no need for it.

As I have mentioned before I believe if Robin really wanted to he could have still toured with GN'R as there was a few months between the NIN tour ending and GN'R's starting. It would have been easy, he knows how to play all the old stuff and he created Chinese Democracy, so no problem there.

But in my heart I believe all those people who were nasty about him constantly, played a role in him deciding it was not worth the hassle. After completing a successfull NIN tour why would he want to come back to people like 'D'. Robin is a very sensitive person and it must of upset him that he gave 10 years to GN'R, only to not be appreciated by a considerable portion of the fanbase.

I don't blame him for not returning if the Robin bashing was to continue like it did in 02/06/07.

Lee
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 07:18:23 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2010, 02:55:14 PM »

As I have mentioned before I believe if Robin really wanted to he could have still toured with GN'R as there was a few months between the NIN tour ending and GN'R's starting.

But wasnt DJ announced while NIN was still touring?

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »

I don't like Nickelback. And you know where I never go? Nickelback threads. I can't wrap my head around constantly going and looking in a Robin Finck thread when you don't like him.

In other news... Robin just tweeted this:

"I'll be joining Gary Numan on stage at Coachella. Come and find me there!"

I'm not a Gary Numan fan but I'm happy to see Robin will be doing something!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2010, 10:31:49 PM »

As I have mentioned before I believe if Robin really wanted to he could have still toured with GN'R as there was a few months between the NIN tour ending and GN'R's starting.

DJ was announced 2-3 weeks after NIN had finished their tour in Australia which ended March 2nd and DJ joined the band on March 21st. 
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2010, 10:10:27 AM »

DJ was announced 2-3 weeks after NIN had finished their tour in Australia which ended March 2nd and DJ joined the band on March 21st. 

yeah, but they started touring in May again until September

however, as Russ said robin would join gary numan, I just found this http://thequietus.com/articles/02803-gary-numan-and-nine-inch-nail-s-trent-reznor-to-collaborate it's from september but still ok
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »

well people !! for me robin was not the right choise for guns n roses !!!  idk... but DJ fits VERY WELL

But robin`s riff were aswesome !! thats for sure...

we have to wait for DJ`S
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2010, 01:43:51 PM »

In other news... Robin just tweeted this:

"I'll be joining Gary Numan on stage at Coachella. Come and find me there!"

ROBIN FINCK JOINS THE BAND FOR U.S. SHOWS

(News date: Apr 2)

Very excited to show you this excerpt from the latest press release.

Robin Finck, guitarist with Nine Inch Nails and Guns N' Roses, will guest with Gary Numan for three American dates in April 2010. Finck is joining Numan's band for the forthcoming Coachella festival on 18 April, followed by The Fillmore San Francisco (20 April) and El Rey in Los Angeles (21 April). These latter San Francisco and El Rey shows will feature all ten songs from ''The Pleasure Principle'', the massively influential album that broke into the American charts three decades ago and includes the US Top 5 hit, 'Cars'. Finck and the British electronic pioneer first appeared on a stage together last year, when Numan guested with Nine Inch Nails on his own songs including 'Metal' and 'Down In The Park' in London and Los Angeles.

"It is my pleasure to now band together on his stage for these three shows. Each appearance should prove to be electric and I'm psyched" says Finck regarding the upcoming dates.

'I'm totally blown away that Robin is going to be joining us in America.' says Numan. 'I've watched him play many, many times and he's a truly unique and gifted performer. It's going to be fantastic.'

http://www.numan.co.uk/box/news.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »

Cool. Hope some footage surfaces on youtube...

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: