Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:06:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261697 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2010, 05:52:12 PM »

Brilliant news for Robin fans.

I am beyond happy that Robin has something coming up where he can perform onstage. I too, will be looking for any footage that surfaces from these shows.  Smiley
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2010, 06:26:08 PM »

Great news to hear he is playing.. but who is Gary Numan?  Huh  Never heard of him.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2010, 06:28:52 PM »

Great news to hear he is playing.. but who is Gary Numan?  Huh  Never heard of him.

im sure you've heard this song before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw

he also toured with NIN for their Wave Goodbye Tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_bMwq89LJE
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #243 on: April 16, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »

I want to share a very special memory I have of Robin, I hope he might see this someday.

I attended both the Wembley shows in 2006 (29th and 30th july). And on the first date I made a connection with Robin that I will never forget. I was standing where I always stand at a GN'R show, which was right in front of Robin, so if you're looking at the stage on the right, I also had front row.

As many people know the Wembley dates were the last shows of the European and UK tours, and Robin got to know my face because I attended 13 shows in 2006. I was cheering him on all night and clapping right in front of him, showing my love. Then the first special moment came, during Out Ta Get Me Robin jumped right down from the stage and climbed over the barriers where he crowd surfed right on top of me. It lasted for about 30 sec and I could not believe I was touching and holding him.

After this happened I was so happy, that I made more eye contact with him and started to kind of gesture to him and I could tell he was enjoying it too. This is when the second special moment happened.

Robin was by his amps, drinking from and touching his bottles. He picked one up and started to walk towards the front of the stage.  Because I had attended so many shows at this point I knew what was coming, he was going to offer someone a bottle. I instantly threw my arms up in the air, letting him know I wanted it. So he comes right over to me, and nods at me as if to say "do you want it" and I nodded back and said "yes". He threw the bottle and it landed right in my hands, perfect throw, I still have it to this day and intend to keep it forever.

I just wanted to share and tell of, a very special night when I really connected with Robin.  love

I'm certain and very much hope that Robin remembers me as I was always in front of him. And if you ever read this Robin, thank you so much for making every show special.  love

Lee
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #244 on: April 17, 2010, 02:05:01 PM »

Great story man! I never had a chance to see Robin with the band, but I can tell he's awesome. Smiley

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2010, 06:36:36 PM »

robinfincktwits

So, it looks like I'll be playing Eruption for 55 min at the Mohave tent. about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

^ rofl

robinfincktwits

I'm kidding. I am sad that Gary and band will not be making it to Coachella. about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2010, 01:49:31 AM »

I want to share a very special memory I have of Robin, I hope he might see this someday.

I attended both the Wembley shows in 2006 (29th and 30th july). And on the first date I made a connection with Robin that I will never forget. I was standing where I always stand at a GN'R show, which was right in front of Robin, so if you're looking at the stage on the right, I also had front row.

As many people know the Wembley dates were the last shows of the European and UK tours, and Robin got to know my face because I attended 13 shows in 2006. I was cheering him on all night and clapping right in front of him, showing my love. Then the first special moment came, during Out Ta Get Me Robin jumped right down from the stage and climbed over the barriers where he crowd surfed right on top of me. It lasted for about 30 sec and I could not believe I was touching and holding him.

After this happened I was so happy, that I made more eye contact with him and started to kind of gesture to him and I could tell he was enjoying it too. This is when the second special moment happened.

Robin was by his amps, drinking from and touching his bottles. He picked one up and started to walk towards the front of the stage.  Because I had attended so many shows at this point I knew what was coming, he was going to offer someone a bottle. I instantly threw my arms up in the air, letting him know I wanted it. So he comes right over to me, and nods at me as if to say "do you want it" and I nodded back and said "yes". He threw the bottle and it landed right in my hands, perfect throw, I still have it to this day and intend to keep it forever.

I just wanted to share and tell of, a very special night when I really connected with Robin.  love

I'm certain and very much hope that Robin remembers me as I was always in front of him. And if you ever read this Robin, thank you so much for making every show special.  love

Lee

awesome dude. similar to my experience at the LA Gibson shows. In the beginning of jungle he was bending down in front of me playing the opening riff and i padded him in the back and as he looks up im cheering and show him the shirt i am wearing and smiles. wearing a robin finck shirt. that night towards the end of KOHD he was playing in front of me and bends down to play the ending and as it down he extends his arm towards me to shake my hand and as shake his hand i noticed he was also giving me his pick Cheesy As for the water bottle it was during a song had ended he came towards me and handed me a bottle while he just threw the other bottles into the pit. My sister ended up being jealous in the end...  hihi
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2010, 01:54:39 AM »

robinfincktwits

So, it looks like I'll be playing Eruption for 55 min at the Mohave tent. about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

^ rofl

robinfincktwits

I'm kidding. I am sad that Gary and band will not be making it to Coachella. about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

They might not make their other two US shows either  Sad
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »

Check Out Robins latest tweets.

Later that same evening. DEVO! http://twitpic.com/1gj00q
2:29 AM Apr 18th via TweetDeck

Party for one. http://twitpic.com/1giywa
2:24 AM Apr 18th via TweetDeck

The latest tweet reminds me of when Bumblefoot was on Eddie Trunk in late 08, and he kept on saying DEVO. I also remember the talking metal hosts saying how Robin loved the podcast "Eating With Bumblefoot", so Robin might be referencing Bumblefoot here, from when he was on Eddie Trunk.  Smiley
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2010, 10:26:30 AM »

Wonder if Robin still talks to the band. I mean, I guess he was pretty close to Richard back in 2006/07...

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2010, 12:21:29 PM »

Wonder if Robin still talks to the band. I mean, I guess he was pretty close to Richard back in 2006/07...

Pretty close? Didn't Richard say in some interview that they're neighbours? hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »

In new york if memory is right
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2010, 12:35:13 PM »

In new york if memory is right

L.A......
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »

I agree, Robin and Richard seemed really close while in GN'R together. When they played the beautiful solo together, they would always laugh and smile at each other. I hope that Robin is still talking to all the band, I see no reason to think otherwise, even Axl has had nothing but good things to say about him.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2010, 02:34:31 PM »

Not 100% sure if it's Robin who plays that riff in the background during the first few lines of Prostitute, but it sure is awesome whoever it is smoking

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #255 on: April 29, 2010, 02:51:23 PM »

Where-s R ob In ??

Huh

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #256 on: April 29, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »

Not 100% sure if it's Robin who plays that riff in the background during the first few lines of Prostitute, but it sure is awesome whoever it is smoking
I think so, if you mean the Smashing Pumpkins Today alike riff. I've always thought it was him and Ashba plays it live, so I think it's pretty fair to assume it.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2010, 05:17:14 AM »

Where-s R ob In ??

Huh

In Axl's ass  Shocked rofl

... IM KIDDING MODS... Hence the smileys  ok

he's probably still at home and hitting the studio making new music with NIN.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2010, 01:40:41 PM »

Does anybody else think that Robins solos before Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City in 2002 and 2006/2007, were amazing.  love

I have no idea how he came up with them, but they stick in your head like a bullet. I remember watching Rock AM Ring, and after the whole show, I had Robins solo before Paradise City in my head for a week.

He's all over the fretboard when he plays them, so I have no idea how he remembers. But they stick in your head like glue, brilliant guitarist.  ok
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #259 on: May 02, 2010, 07:02:32 PM »

Does anybody else think that Robins solos before Sweet Child O' Mine and Paradise City in 2002 and 2006/2007, were amazing.  love

I have no idea how he came up with them, but they stick in your head like a bullet. I remember watching Rock AM Ring, and after the whole show, I had Robins solo before Paradise City in my head for a week.

He's all over the fretboard when he plays them, so I have no idea how he remembers. But they stick in your head like glue, brilliant guitarist.  ok

Love those. That bootleg from Universal Amphitheater in December of 06 has my favorite ever on it. He and Frank play this BAD ASS blues instrumental before SCoM and it's just awesome.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: