Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261695 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #280 on: May 11, 2010, 11:21:13 PM »

That was rather depressing to watch Sad

I think it's something fun and entertaining to watch, for fans of Robin.

It's not done in a serious way, it's just something casual and on the spot. Robins just basically improvising a groove, and playing around with effects. Robin likes doing things like this, it reminds me of the LedZArial project he did.

I'm just happy to see him playing again, believe me I wasn't watching anyone else in those vidoes, just Robin.  Wink

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: May 12, 2010, 10:56:58 AM »

I think its depressing because we miss him.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #282 on: May 13, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »

Well, that's more like the Robin we love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1LCLKE6Qw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huwvPi1Lhj8&feature=related

Smiley

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #283 on: May 13, 2010, 08:13:34 PM »

Yes, I love those, I think they demonstrate Robins sound perfectly.  Smiley

On a different note, I've always been interested by this photo.

I think everyone who knows Robin, is aware he is very spiritual. But it's interesting to see he was reading this book, and he seems to hold it in a high regard. I might purchase this book myself to see the kind of things Robin was interested in reading about.

Also, this was the same time period where Robin changed his look to a more, spiritual look (2006/2007). So I wonder if Robin has always been this spiritual?, and I wonder if he still is today?.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #284 on: May 13, 2010, 08:15:22 PM »

Jesus Christ at that video. WTF was that!!!!!!!!

damn, he quit GNR to end up doing this shit?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2010, 09:57:10 PM »

No.

Yes, I love those, I think they demonstrate Robins sound perfectly.  Smiley

On a different note, I've always been interested by this photo.

I think everyone who knows Robin, is aware he is very spiritual. But it's interesting to see he was reading this book, and he seems to hold it in a high regard. I might purchase this book myself to see the kind of things Robin was interested in reading about.

Also, this was the same time period where Robin changed his look to a more, spiritual look (2006/2007). So I wonder if Robin has always been this spiritual?, and I wonder if he still is today?.
I dunno, but he may have let it go kinda when he went back to NIN? I mean, by the end of the Japanese tour and the begining of 2008, he changed his look drastically again.

Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »

If you are interested in the book that Robin is holding I recommend getting The Infinite Way by the same author before attempting Living Between Two Worlds, as the former serves a more appropriate introduction.

And his look doesn't mean as much regarding his spiritual state, as long as his pendant is still around his neck.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2010, 11:37:56 PM »

WHERE'S THE ICE CREAM MAN?!!! hihi

Hilarious.

Fuck 'Em All.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2010, 12:11:56 AM »

WHERE'S THE ICE CREAM MAN?!!! hihi

Hilarious.

seriously, everyone knows im not a Robin fan, but even i don't want to see him doing this... and people shit on Slash for doing Ellen or playing with Fergie hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2010, 06:26:04 AM »

Robin is such a great guy...

just look what he became.

Some might not like the changes and say he's a poser for doing it...
like the NIN - gnr goth look. the 2006 gnr Rock look. and now the nin whatever look again.
I don't mind.

Robin is a unique guy who can do many things... and I like his passion for the things he loves.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #290 on: May 14, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »

For sure. It's such a pitty how a lot judge him by his look...

seriously, everyone knows im not a Robin fan, but even i don't want to see him doing this... and people shit on Slash for doing Ellen or playing with Fergie hihi
Excuse me, but being a media whore and playing with whoever makes buzz doesn't really compare to doing something low profile (and not promoting himself) like Robin did.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #291 on: May 14, 2010, 09:46:10 AM »

He changed his look. Big fucking deal.

Not everybody wants to go through life wearing the same clothes or hair style...

Some like to change, some don't.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #292 on: May 14, 2010, 10:33:44 AM »

I was more interested in whether Robin has always been as spiritual as he seemed in 2006/2007 dispite of his look. If I was to have a go at answering my own question, I would say he has. If his tweets, and photos are anything to go by, I would say he still is very much.

And to the poster saying " why did he leave GN'R for this ", I have to say get real. Robin obviously had his own reasons for doing what he did, and no one can judge him for doing so.

In the video at the Museum, he is obviously doing something really low key. Even more low key than the LedZArial project he did with his wife, something on the spot, that takes a few minutes to organise.

To compare that with Slash, who would do just about anything for media exposure, is rediculous.

Please keep Slash out of this thread, it's says Robin Finck in the title for a reason.  Cheesy

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #293 on: May 14, 2010, 11:49:15 AM »

What are you guys smoking? Like Robin could get media exposure if he wanted to. Like the media even knows who Robin is or could care less. You guys make it sound like the press is banging on his doors.
The only person who shuns the attention given him is Axl Rose. Nobody else has that sort of power.

Fuck 'Em All.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #294 on: May 14, 2010, 11:52:03 AM »

What are you guys smoking? Like Robin could get media exposure if he wanted to. Like the media even knows who Robin is or could care less. You guys make it sound like the press is banging on his doors.
what are you smoking?  rofl I didn't get that expression at all, you're a funny guy
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »

He changed his look. Big fucking deal.

Not everybody wants to go through life wearing the same clothes or hair style...

Some like to change, some don't.

/jarmo
yeah i am sure D had a mullet in the 80s
well maybe he still have it Tongue

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »

what are you smoking?  rofl I didn't get that expression at all, you're a funny guy

Exactly. And wasnt me (or OneInAMillion or any true Robin fan) who brought Slash to this topic.

Funny how people get here just to throw shit at Robin at the very first opportunity, but when I posted good videos with him they were totally ignored by those people. Wonder if it falls in the description of trolling...

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #297 on: May 14, 2010, 01:20:13 PM »

Thanks. Look it up.

Funny how people get here just to throw shit at Robin at the very first opportunity...

No need for that. He does it well to himself in that video. Really, you guys shouldn't comment about songs put out by other ex-GN'R guitarists or even
the current GN'R Robin replacement, because the bar Robin sets these days is really low.

... but when I posted good videos with him they were totally ignored by those people. Wonder if it falls in the description of trolling...

Those songs are from 2001 or earlier and you post them every time something about Robin comes up. 
The "Ghost Of Mars" thing is a little old now, don't you think?

What's next, your usual link to "Sossego"?

Fuck 'Em All.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2010, 01:25:48 PM »

I posted his solo spots in 2006 before. Anyways, what's your point in trying to start shit here?

Go troll somewhere else with your Robin bashing and attempts to stir shit up.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #299 on: May 14, 2010, 01:31:09 PM »

Tsk tsk. Someone posted a link, I commented on it. Why are you getting all bent out of shape? If people like the 'Ice cream Man' song, that's fine by me too. Smiley

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: