Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:36:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261690 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #300 on: May 14, 2010, 01:42:30 PM »

When you just commented the video, I didn't care at all as I didn't like it either. But wasn't you who came here all upset because of people talking about your favorite media whore?

The point is: this a thread dedicated to Robin Finck, so you would expect to get people who like him here talking about him. You and D only came here to stir shit up - and you keep doing that. If that's not trolling, I really don't know what it is.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #301 on: May 14, 2010, 01:45:18 PM »

ice cream man sucked, it's not robins song so no we're not getting bent out of shape.. i could care less about that shitty song, robin jammed a little with a friend
What are you guys smoking? Like Robin could get media exposure if he wanted to. Like the media even knows who Robin is or could care less. You guys make it sound like the press is banging on his doors.
what are you smoking?  rofl I didn't get that expression at all, you're a funny guy

Thanks. Look it up.
doh, my sucky english (confused expression with impression) i meant i didn't get that impression that the dudes here made it sound like the press is banging on his doors, hence why I jokingly asked what you were smoking Smiley
Henson
Headliner

Need to see a revival tonight...

« Reply #302 on: May 14, 2010, 03:10:57 PM »

It is about time for the quarterly hijacking of this thread.

I just hope the rhetoric is better than last time's poor misunderstanding of Truth and Opinion.

As for the "bar" set by Robin these days it's fairly obvious to state that he does whatever he wants.
He completely disregards what Other People believe he should be and this is laughingly the main assault used against him.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2010, 03:43:56 PM »

I was honestly just floored when i saw that. kinda like when John Frusciante left the Chili Peppers and then that documentary came out and he was all dirty and strung out and poor and shit.

seeing Robin go from GNR to NIN to that really shocked me.

even though i not a fan of his playing.. i still wish him success and all the best.......

I didn't mean to upset people by bringing Slash up.. just for years Finck fans defending him by pointing to all the shit Slash did.. so now the shoe is firmly on the other foot, people now want to get all upset about it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Henson
Headliner

« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »

I think the point we are missing is he didn't "go to that" he merely did it.

I'm not sure how it's connoted that he does small shows with randoms for a living now.
As a matter of fact there's no connotation, just a stretching in order to present a poorly hidden self serving remark.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #305 on: May 14, 2010, 04:02:42 PM »

I think the point we are missing is he didn't "go to that" he merely did it.

I'm not sure how it's connoted that he does small shows with randoms for a living now.
As a matter of fact there's no connotation, just a stretching in order to present a poorly hidden self serving remark.

if u are in GNR and are doing stuff like that, it is acceptable..w hen u quit one of the biggest bands of all time and the next time someone sees u, u are doing that?

spin it however u want. it just shocked me how u can go from Chinese Democracy to the Ice Cream Man......

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #306 on: May 14, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »

What part of low profile act didnt you understand? Are you assuming that it was anything serious just because it serves as mockery for you?

Its like assuming Slash would join Black Eyed Peas "after leaving one of the greatest bands of all time".

Henson
Headliner

« Reply #307 on: May 14, 2010, 04:25:50 PM »

"if u are in GNR and are doing stuff like that, it is acceptable..w hen u quit one of the biggest bands of all time and the next time someone sees u, u are doing that?

spin it however u want. it just shocked me how u can go from Chinese Democracy to the Ice Cream Man......"

Logical observation 1: When he left Gnr he joined Nin

Logical observation 2: The next time we saw him was a sold out concert

Logical observation 3: He was jamming with friends. It's no big deal

Logical observation 4: You're the one spinning things however you want in order to make a misguided remark.
soverysadaboutus
Opening Act

« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »

Wow, who knew that playing alongside your friend at a fundraiser for a non-profit organization was unacceptable unless you?re a member of a huge band? When Robin?s not on tour, when he has the time, he uses his talents to service the community, to share his passion for music, to connect with people, to enlighten them, or to simply entertain, not necessarily expecting anything in return. He?s not doing this to draw attention to himself. He?s a humble guy. Someone just happened to get this on video and it just happened to be found.

I?ve seen some pretty dumb arguments in here in the past, though I rarely lurk. I only felt compelled to say something now after I saw the link to this site in my Photobucket stats for the pictures on the other page, and some of the comments here are so ignorant I just couldn?t help it. 

Also, I don?t think he?s sitting at his house wondering if what he does in his spare time will be approved by GN?R fans (or any of his fans). He does what he wants and he doesn?t have to explain why he chooses to do things the way he does.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2010, 06:00:13 PM »

Wow, who knew that playing alongside your friend at a fundraiser for a non-profit organization was unacceptable unless you’re a member of a huge band? When Robin’s not on tour, when he has the time, he uses his talents to service the community, to share his passion for music, to connect with people, to enlighten them, or to simply entertain, not necessarily expecting anything in return. He’s not doing this to draw attention to himself. He’s a humble guy. Someone just happened to get this on video and it just happened to be found.

I’ve seen some pretty dumb arguments in here in the past, though I rarely lurk. I only felt compelled to say something now after I saw the link to this site in my Photobucket stats for the pictures on the other page, and some of the comments here are so ignorant I just couldn’t help it. 

Also, I don’t think he’s sitting at his house wondering if what he does in his spare time will be approved by GN’R fans (or any of his fans). He does what he wants and he doesn’t have to explain why he chooses to do things the way he does.

I agree 100 %, I posted the link to the ' Robin at the Museum ' photos and video, because I know alot of people are still interested in what Robin gets up to, because they his fans. I will always have a place in my heart for Robin, after seeing him live with GN'R 13 times.  Smiley

Some people just love criticizing something for the sake of it. Which is something Robin had to put up with alot from so called ' fans ' while he was in GN'R.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2010, 07:07:19 PM »

Wow, thanks for the pics and your words, it set things up for a lot of what people said here.

Also, I'm sorry you had to read through such comments, but I honestly can say he has a lot of true fans here. Smiley

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #311 on: May 15, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »

soverysadaboutus

I've been here for 5 years and that was one of the best posts i've seen at this board beer
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #312 on: May 15, 2010, 09:41:11 PM »

what do u mean so called fans?

I am a Guns N Roses   Axl Rose fan

U don't have to like Robin to like GNR.

My whole point of this was to show the hypocrisy of GNR fans.

when Robin or whoever else does something ridiculous, some shit excuse is made.

if its Slash, he is a $la$h or anything for exposure or some other bullshit response.

Guy turned his back on Axl and all of the fans. I don't understand why so many act like it didn't happen that way and like he is some sort of victim. He left Axl hanging and tried to cash in and it backfired.

So i hope he is happy being Trent's lackey or playing with the ice cream man.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #313 on: May 15, 2010, 11:39:08 PM »

what do u mean so called fans?

I am a Guns N Roses   Axl Rose fan

U don't have to like Robin to like GNR.

My whole point of this was to show the hypocrisy of GNR fans.

when Robin or whoever else does something ridiculous, some shit excuse is made.

if its Slash, he is a $la$h or anything for exposure or some other bullshit response.

Guy turned his back on Axl and all of the fans. I don't understand why so many act like it didn't happen that way and like he is some sort of victim. He left Axl hanging and tried to cash in and it backfired.

So i hope he is happy being Trent's lackey or playing with the ice cream man.

He tried to cash in ? LOL on what ? exactly... it's truly amazing how some people come in a thread and make shit up.  GnR wasn't active when Robin left,  you must of confused Robin with Ryan Cabera who is trying to cash in on appearing on The Hills.  Robin if you're reading this im sorry.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
soverysadaboutus
Opening Act

« Reply #314 on: May 16, 2010, 12:29:38 AM »

D, I think you missed the point. But that's not surprising.

Prepare yourselves for a super TL;DR post?  I?m so, so sorry (not really):

What he was doing was not for money, not to attract public opinions, and not for his fans. It would be like saying he is ridiculous for playing ?Dust In The Wind? at your grandma?s house for her birthday. If you want to think what he?s doing is ridiculous, ok, you?re entitled to your opinion, but this has nothing to do with GN?R, nor the state of his career, and you can?t compare it to Slash. When people ridicule Slash for what he does, it?s generally over the way he?s chosen to represent himself in the media, the things he does for money, and the ?artists? he collaborates and associates with in public.

Nothing about Robin?s plans to leave GN?R backfired. Instead of doing fuck all in 2008/2009, he played on NIN?s album The Slip, did a North America summer tour, a few shows in South America, a North America winter tour, an Australian/NZ tour, a North America spring/summer tour, a Europe/Asia tour, and then 10 final North America tour dates. Plus, NIN?s LITS tour was a huge achievement creatively, and something that Robin was proud to be a part of. So, tell me, how exactly do you define ?backfire?? Also, as far as Robin leaving Axl ?hanging? (hahaha), let?s look at these points:

1.) Robin gave up contributing to NIN?s album The Fragile to work with GN'R on Chinese Democracy. The Fragile: released 1999. Chinese Democracy: released 2008.

2.) When Robin rejoined NIN in 1999, he did so because not much was happening on the GN?R front, and the album seemed to be going nowhere. Again, see: Chinese Democracy release date.

3.) Robin did want to tour with NIN in 2005, but in the end he decided to hold onto his gig with GN?R. You're all aware of this, I hope. Instead he waited for Axl to tour again after he'd already waited throughout 2003 and 2004. When did the GN?R tour start up? One year after he could've gone out on the road with NIN.

4.) When Robin rejoined NIN in 2008, Axl was doing nothing. There was no tour in 2008. There were only a few shows at the end of 2009. There were over seven months in between the announcement that Robin was back with NIN and the time CD was released. If Axl had any intention of setting up a tour in 2009, he had plenty of time to find a replacement, and to figure out if Robin was really out of the band for sure. Did you really expect Robin to pass on yet another touring opportunity with NIN, only to wait almost two years to get a chance to tour with GN?R again? See: all other points listed above. Then, imagine yourself in a similar situation, where you have to choose between two jobs. Which job looks more stable and gratifying?

Also, I am glad some of you enjoyed the photos. They are not mine, but I put them together in that album for easy Robin-fan viewing. There are a few others on the Museum of Neon Art's Facebook page, but the ones of Robin not included in the Photobucket album are mostly blurry or dark.

I know there are some awesome Robin fans in the GN'R fanbase, it's just a shame that it's also the home to a lot of people with a completely whacked opinion of who Robin is and why he does certain things.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 12:40:30 AM by soverysadaboutus » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2010, 01:32:24 AM »

Awesome post. Even when D tried to twist by making shit up, you still provided a lot of good insights on Robin's carreer moves. Thanks! Smiley

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »

Alot of people who don't like Robin, hate the fact that Axl/GN'R still love Robin, and left each other on very good terms. Axl has said he considers Robin still apart of the GN'R family, and Richard still follows Robin on twitter.  Smiley

Axl even spoke highly of Robin when he said that Robin plays a Stevie Ray Vaughan solo on an unreleased song. And I'm glad that 'soverysadaboutus' has posted what she did, it makes perfect sense, and sums up the situation perfectly.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2010, 10:03:05 AM »

True. Also, I didnt know about Robin's choices back in 2003 and 2005.

As much as I miss Robin's talent for solos on NIN, I understand how he would chose between the two bands now. I only hope we can still listen to his guitar work (and hopefully more of his songwriting) in further GNR albums.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »

Alot of people who don't like Robin, hate the fact that Axl/GN'R still love Robin, and left each other on very good terms. Axl has said he considers Robin still apart of the GN'R family, and Richard still follows Robin on twitter.  Smiley

Axl even spoke highly of Robin when he said that Robin plays a Stevie Ray Vaughan solo on an unreleased song. And I'm glad that 'soverysadaboutus' has posted what she did, it makes perfect sense, and sums up the situation perfectly.
Axl also totally dismissed Robin's playing in that Rolling Stone interview when he talked about now being able to take the music "further" etc

Your post highlights it all. Robin has no loyalty. when it was NIN cash grab time, he ran off with them.. as soon as Trent was finished, he ran back to the GNR paycheck, when Trent was ready to start back up, he ran back with Trent expecting to be done in plenty of time to then head back to Axl's payroll in time for the CD release and tour. At least Slash when he did Snakepit decided to announce he was quitting GNR. he could've done Snakepit and then ran back to GNR, but he didn't. He made a decision and stuck with it. Funny how someone sells out by leaving the biggest band in the world. oh i can make a lot more money guesting on albums and doing a side band.... *Sarcasm* than i can  recording and touring with the biggest band on the planet.

When Axl shocked everyone by releasing the album probably sooner than Robin anticipated, he pretty much was already obligated to NIN's tour therefore Axl had to replace him and now with Trent off doing a new project, and the great DJ Ashba firmly in his chair, Robin is left with what?

bad career move in my opinion. If u "fans" want to try to convince yourself otherwise, be my guest, but in no way in hindsight did this turn out to be a good career move.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 07:07:14 PM by D » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »

Talking about twisting things up. It's always like that with D. First, it was because Robin had no credits in the album. Now, it's because he's a "sell out".

Oh, you forgot that day when Slash desperatly tried to speak with Axl in order to a reunion - doesn't look like he really stuck with his decision, does it?

Also, Josh Freese left NIN while they were on tour (or in a gap), Robin could do the same to get back with GN'R when the album got released. Sorry to break it for you, but seems like he wasn't "obligated" to anything, he just chosed what he wanted.

Funny is that you can't just accept you're talking shit and keep twist things up. And then, we - the fans - are the ones who are trying to "convince" ourselves. Give me a break.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: