Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261692 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #320 on: May 16, 2010, 10:33:08 PM »

No u just make things up to justify your argument.

When NIN took a break and Freese left, didn't GNR already have Ashba by then or am i mistaken?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #321 on: May 16, 2010, 11:30:35 PM »

No, he left in late 2008. What else am I making up?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2010, 12:17:22 AM »

Robin Left in 2008 but DJ was named what in May 2009 or something?

when did Josh Freese leave the NIN tour end of 2008. Maybe Axl after hearing of Robin touring with NIN that Summer didn't let him come back? Possible?

my problem with Robin is how he just left with no explanation. maybe he derailed a CD tour and hurt the album release?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:18:57 AM by D » Logged

soverysadaboutus
Opening Act

« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2010, 01:42:21 AM »

D, you're completely hopeless and rarely factual. I sincerely hope anyone reading this thread knows that. You clearly know very little about Robin's relationship with NIN, what he went through with NIN/GN'R, and you're living in a fantasy land where Axl can do no wrong. I have no interest in further debating you.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2010, 03:13:20 AM »

robinfincktwits

My crystal ball shed a mysterious tear today. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #325 on: May 17, 2010, 03:16:35 AM »

D, you're completely hopeless and rarely factual. I sincerely hope anyone reading this thread knows that. You clearly know very little about Robin's relationship with NIN, what he went through with NIN/GN'R, and you're living in a fantasy land where Axl can do no wrong. I have no interest in further debating you.

point out one lie?

Did Robin not leave GNR and go to NIN THEN come back to GNR only to leave without saying a word to anybody to go back to NIN?

The band, Axl no one had any idea what happened. U don't do that to someone who put u in an all time great band, took u around the world, allowed u to create your own art and paid u very well for it. U just don't up and leave without saying anything.

so what part of any of that is false? Don't come on here attacking me without proof of anything im saying being hopeless or saying things i say are rarely factual.

I think u Finck fans can't handle the truth and the fact that he turned his back on Axl and each and everyone of u without a word as to why he did so.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #326 on: May 17, 2010, 10:40:43 AM »

Robin Left in 2008 but DJ was named what in May 2009 or something?

when did Josh Freese leave the NIN tour end of 2008. Maybe Axl after hearing of Robin touring with NIN that Summer didn't let him come back? Possible?
Highly unlikely and I just can't see how you came up with this unprobable possibility with zero indication:

It really is what it is. No decisions have been made by either him, I or us that I'm aware of.

(...)

It's more about seeing where things are when Guns decides it's right for a tour and if we're able to make agreements we both are comfortable and can live with at that time.

Source: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=55296.0

That's what Axl said in December 12th 2008. Seems like he didn't really have concrete plans for a tour back then,  but still counted with the possibility of having Robin back.

my problem with Robin is how he just left with no explanation. maybe he derailed a CD tour and hurt the album release?
That's pure especulation from you, trying really hard to find a fault on the album release/promotion/tour.

Don't forget how DJ was announced in early 2009, but the tour only took place in December.

I just think it's funny how you demand explanation from him when you dislike him so much.

point out one lie?
When you assume things like Robin was just trying to cash in, it's basic a lie.

Did Robin not leave GNR and go to NIN THEN come back to GNR only to leave without saying a word to anybody to go back to NIN?

The band, Axl no one had any idea what happened. U don't do that to someone who put u in an all time great band, took u around the world, allowed u to create your own art and paid u very well for it. U just don't up and leave without saying anything.
YOU assume he didn't say anything. After all, seemed like Axl was aware of what Robin wanted to do back in late 2008, when the album got released (see quote above).

I can't find the quote but from the Axl interview with Del James, he even said that Robin wanted to tour, but no decisions were made.

so what part of any of that is false? Don't come on here attacking me without proof of anything im saying being hopeless or saying things i say are rarely factual.
You don't provide any proof, just expecting the worse from anything related to Robin in Guns N' Roses - from songwriting credits to his relationship with Axl and his career moves. That's hardly the truth.

I think u Finck fans can't handle the truth and the fact that he turned his back on Axl and each and everyone of u without a word as to why he did so.
Oh, that's your "truth". Funny how Axl didn't seem to share your point of view in those quotes.

For a musician standpoint, to be waiting doing nothing for years - just waiting - doesn't seem like someone who didn't care at all.

Really, your attempt to bash Robin in any way shape or form is getting old. You have way too many posts in this thread trying to attack him - that says a lot to me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 10:42:19 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

gustavoshig
Opening Act

« Reply #327 on: May 17, 2010, 06:56:51 PM »

robin is good!

'-' FUCK YEA
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »

Maybe u have an inside GNR track but in my Chinese Democracy Booklet Robin gets 1 song credit.

now i realize that ASCAP etc does things differently, but at the time, i only had the booklet to go on.

Axl's statement is in no way positive. it is what it is and on the statement on the website it sounded like they had no idea what was going on.

My whole point has been pointing out certain hypocrisies

Robin does things and it is forgiven or supported whereas Slash has done similar things only to be blasted

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »

This is Robin at the NAMM show this year, and also his signature guitar.

Photo Credits : Ken Yonekura
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #330 on: May 17, 2010, 07:59:47 PM »

Robin does things and it is forgiven or supported whereas Slash has done similar things only to be blasted
Robin basically left and kept his mouth shut, Slash spew shit for years, yup that's similar and finck fans are hypocrites
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2010, 08:12:23 PM »

Thanks mate, awesome Jaguar with Brigsby bar. Not really my style, but gorgeous indeed. Smiley

Maybe u have an inside GNR track but in my Chinese Democracy Booklet Robin gets 1 song credit.

now i realize that ASCAP etc does things differently, but at the time, i only had the booklet to go on.
No, at the time we talked about how Estranged and November Rain were credited only as an Axl song, but still had important - and obvious - Slash writing with AT LEAST the solos. But you kept ignoring.

When the Chinese Democracy Guitar Book was released, you were still bashing Robin like the only one thing he ever did in studio was to write Better - which, not surprising, you dislike (even tho its a favorite of the new ones for A LOT of people).

Axl's statement is in no way positive. it is what it is and on the statement on the website it sounded like they had no idea what was going on.
They may had some confusion at the time, but by the time the album was released it seemed like they had a pretty good idea. And his further nice comments on Robin's work (like that SRV-esque solo he mentioned and his guitar work on TWAT) weren't negative at all.

Really? How a private and low key gig for a friend is similar to Slash's appearance on broadcast TV and pretty much anything and anywhere? And you keep ignoring what soverysadaboutus told about the years Robin dedicated to Axl and the waiting.

Also, I don't know what the hell does Slash has to do with all this. I can speak for myself that I never bashed Slash on the VR section nor did any comment on his solo album. Why? Because I have no interest in his work (although I kept checking and listening some stuff), so I don't see the need to stir shit up (with lies or whatever misguided POV of things) with people who like him. Unlike you, who keep posting here and in the GNR main board just to badmouth Robin.

Robin basically left and kept his mouth shut, Slash spew shit for years, yup that's similar and finck fans are hypocrites
hihi

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #332 on: May 18, 2010, 07:57:14 PM »

These pictures are also recent, being taken on April 11.

It shows Robin at a NIN screening, where there was also a Q&A session as well.

Photo Credit : sleepydoll

Photo Credit : erikhustad

There are a few more as well, just go to Flickr and search ' Robin Finck ', and then click recent.  Wink
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #333 on: May 18, 2010, 08:38:58 PM »

Wow, he looks so different.. Kinda older too, hehe.

Thanks again for the pics! Smiley

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2010, 09:56:58 PM »

Here's 2 nice videos of Robin meeting fans in Chile.

Robin shows alot of patience and seems to enjoy the company of the fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYbJ0g-jEjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlYsINeublk

In the second video at 5.40, I love the way Robin looks at the guy who asks for a photo for the second time. After also taking a while by asking another person to take his first pic. As I said Robin does well to keep his patience, especially in the second video.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #335 on: May 25, 2010, 09:22:20 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo0oAf_1FMs

Funniest shit iv ever seen rofl

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #336 on: May 25, 2010, 01:37:57 PM »

Yeah, I posted that earlier.

Here's 2 nice videos of Robin meeting fans in Chile.

Robin shows alot of patience and seems to enjoy the company of the fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYbJ0g-jEjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlYsINeublk

In the second video at 5.40, I love the way Robin looks at the guy who asks for a photo for the second time. After also taking a while by asking another person to take his first pic. As I said Robin does well to keep his patience, especially in the second video.
Seems like he's a nice person with fans. I remember a girl talking about how nice he was in the Leeds 2002 backstage. Also other people talking nicely about him in the 2006 tour...

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2010, 05:26:46 AM »

point out one lie?

i didnt wanna step into this argument until i read this!!     Dude, YOU dont even know what the truth is so how the  hell would u know??   Nothin' has been officially said about it and u go n say things like he turned his back on everyone!! Roll Eyes        maybe he had enough of Axl and WAITING since 97' to release material, that must of been frustrating as all hell!!

Robin was the best thing that happend to GNR!!   beer beer

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2010, 11:33:16 PM »

cheapjon putting slash fans in their place!

great pics btw
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #339 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:20 AM »

I just came across a Robin shirt that I've never seen before, as well as the Robin/GN'R one.

http://www.buyrocktshirts.com/robinfinckspinetee.aspx

I wish there were more Robin shirts out there, I'd certainly buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: