Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:11:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 261694 times)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2011, 07:47:18 PM »

Nothing much, I didn't hear from him in a very long time.

I just hope he's doing his solo album like that interview suggests he would do. Smiley

Well, where I really wanna see him is playing live on a new NIN tour, despite the small odds of that happening in the near future. Regardless of his time in GNR to me he always belonged to NIN. ok

If you listen to Chinese Democracy, from his first chords on CD, to his last note on Prostitute. Then you will realise, he is GN'R to the bone, and he is all over the album.

Without discrediting other members, Robin and Bucket where essentially "Chinese Democracy". Their guitars dictated the sound, direction, feel and solos. And I don't think Robin would argue that Chinese Democracy is probably his most ever accomplished album to date, and you can bet his proud of his contributions.

If you put your ear to the street, you will hear GN'R fans all over the world starting to realise what we lost in Robin leaving. You don't really have to look hard, a huge percentage of the fanbase are expressing their wishes for his return.

ok
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:49:24 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
overmatik
« Reply #501 on: February 04, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »

Well, actually I wasn't implying anything related to GNR, I was stating a personal opinion. The fact is that I got to know him on NIN. He did the Downward Spiral tour, The Fragile tour, and when GNR was just about to tour CD he got back and toured again with NIN. His story goes way back with Trent than with Axl.

In the end he is the only one who can say where he feels he belongs the most. Both my opinion and yours are subjective.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #502 on: February 05, 2011, 07:13:40 AM »

I was talking more in the matter of his sound. His true guitar tone is IMHO way too far from the industrial cliche. If you consider all the other industrial guitar players, Robin stands off. His look may had this industrial thing, but the sound was in other level.

BTW, before he joined NIN, he was on Cirque de Solei, he spent almost 10 years in GNR and even did the Aerial Zeppelin while he was still in the band. I don't think his story is more Trent than with other stuff.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #503 on: February 05, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »

At the end of the day, only Robin knows where he truely feels at home. But remember in 2005 when he chose to wait another year to tour with GN'R, when Trent asked him to tour with NIN.

I think that shows if anything, that he felt just as much for Guns than NIN.

I just hope to hear something from Queenie very soon.  ok
ben9785
« Reply #504 on: February 11, 2011, 06:00:40 PM »

Nothing much, I didn't hear from him in a very long time.

I just hope he's doing his solo album like that interview suggests he would do. Smiley

Well, where I really wanna see him is playing live on a new NIN tour, despite the small odds of that happening in the near future. Regardless of his time in GNR to me he always belonged to NIN. ok

If you listen to Chinese Democracy, from his first chords on CD, to his last note on Prostitute. Then you will realise, he is GN'R to the bone, and he is all over the album.

Without discrediting other members, Robin and Bucket where essentially "Chinese Democracy". Their guitars dictated the sound, direction, feel and solos. And I don't think Robin would argue that Chinese Democracy is probably his most ever accomplished album to date, and you can bet his proud of his contributions.

If you put your ear to the street, you will hear GN'R fans all over the world starting to realise what we lost in Robin leaving. You don't really have to look hard, a huge percentage of the fanbase are expressing their wishes for his return.

ok

I could not have said that any better. Buckethead and Robin perfectly completed the sound and direction of "Chinese Democracy". They are easily two of my favorite guitar players of all time and it is just one of those perfect coincidences that their presence exists on this album. Ever since I first heard it, it continues to grow on me, particularly "There Was A Time", that song undeniably has one of the best interplay of guitars that I've heard in my time. Not just the melodies but the feel of the guitars, particularly Robin's phasing, and Buckethead's final solo never gets old. I am very grateful I had the chance to see Robin at least playing with GNR down here in '07. The only reunion I ever want to see is Robin and/or BH up there one more time, playing their songs from "Chinese Democracy".

How sad it is that he didn't get to play more of HIS songs with GN'R as opposed to the old music. Especially "This I Love". I'll reserve my opinions about DJ Ashba here, because this solo belongs to Robin, and even now, I hope some strange circumstance will allow him to play this live at least once, or even just to see a recording of him playing it on youtube.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:16:10 PM by ben857 » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #505 on: February 11, 2011, 06:26:13 PM »

Wow, are you my long lost Finckster brother or something.  Grin

I couldn't agree with you more.

I'm also glad that I got to see Robin with GN'R 13 times, and feel priveledged to have seen him perform right before my eyes. I agree that Robin was such an important and integral part of Chinese Democracy, and it's a damn shame we have not heard him play This I Love live. And that is why I hope to God that Robin makes a special guest appearence on the US tour, and my wet dream is him rejoining fully.

I feel it's selfish how some of the fanbase just pass Robin off, and prefer his replacement who is in my view not even a patch on the man himself. I'm also not going to say my opinions about DJ, as it has been made quite clear that we can't critisize him whatsoever, which is fine.

But Robin is my all time favourite member, and let's just see what an album would be like without Robins and Buckets contributions. My theory is that, we won't even get to see because Axl will choose many unreleased songs from the Finck/Bucket era, because he knows they are GOLD.

Robin in my view saved Guns N' Roses and lived up to the legend of Slash, which in turn made Robin a legend himself.  love
ben9785
« Reply #506 on: February 11, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »

I hope so man, I really want to see more of Bucket and Robin's work with GNR, especially since it seems the best music may still be yet to come. There's nothing more I can add right now because you already nailed everything perfectly right down to the letter lol
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #507 on: February 15, 2011, 10:17:35 PM »

Check out this cool clip of Robins' awesomeness in both GN'R and NIN.  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2GuOgLpTd0

Seems like Trent still likes to abuse Robin onstage, near the end of the clip he throws some garment of some kind in his direction. Probably a bra or something, and Robin has to do a quick turn to avoid them.  hihi
overmatik
« Reply #508 on: February 25, 2011, 10:51:42 AM »

Check out this cool clip of Robins' awesomeness in both GN'R and NIN.  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2GuOgLpTd0

Seems like Trent still likes to abuse Robin onstage, near the end of the clip he throws some garment of some kind in his direction. Probably a bra or something, and Robin has to do a quick turn to avoid them.  hihi

Well, not only Robin. On the Fragile live DVD he's throwing water all over Danny. I mean, the guy is as crazy as shit. hihi

At least he used to... Undecided
ben9785
« Reply #509 on: February 25, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »

Thanks for the clip One.In.A.Million

I sent an email to Robin's webmaster to ask if there were any updates on the website, or any forthcoming projects to look forward to.. The person just replied and said they forwarded my email to Robin. Ok, that is certainly obliged but it's unlikely that me, of all people, is going to be contacted by Robin personally lol.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #510 on: February 25, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »

Thanks for the clip One.In.A.Million

I sent an email to Robin's webmaster to ask if there were any updates on the website, or any forthcoming projects to look forward to.. The person just replied and said they forwarded my email to Robin. Ok, that is certainly obliged but it's unlikely that me, of all people, is going to be contacted by Robin personally lol.

Nice, hopefully Robin will realise that there are more people than he thinks, that can't wait to hear what he's going to be up to next. Ya never know, he might reply to you, whoever runs the site must be kind of close to the finckster.  Wink

I'm actually doing my Robin duty tommorrow, by wearing his GN'R t shirt when I meet Duff. And you know what, I want him to recognise it. yes

Robin owns.  ok
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 07:16:58 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
ben9785
« Reply #511 on: February 27, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »

Unless that was him that read my email and replied but pretending to be someone else so I don't bomb the address with a hundred questions lol

Good on you man, hope you have a good time there. Is that the white tshirt, that used to be sold through a particular online store? (Or you might have got it on tour). I think I remember because I bought a Buckethead GNR tshirt from that online store and I remember seeing a Robin shirt as well but they didn't have any stock available.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #512 on: February 27, 2011, 05:39:51 PM »

Unless that was him that read my email and replied but pretending to be someone else so I don't bomb the address with a hundred questions lol

Good on you man, hope you have a good time there. Is that the white tshirt, that used to be sold through a particular online store? (Or you might have got it on tour). I think I remember because I bought a Buckethead GNR tshirt from that online store and I remember seeing a Robin shirt as well but they didn't have any stock available.

I wore the black Robin shirt with his name across the chest, with his sillouette above it. It's the one that used to be sold at the GN'R Merch online store.

I told Duff how much I loved Robin, and Duff said that Robin was a cool guy, I'm going to post photos and a full story in a short while.  Cool
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #513 on: March 08, 2011, 06:38:29 PM »

Could this mean Robin might appear on future NIN material?. If Trent stays true to his word, Robin may be required to do a handfull of live dates, if Trent decides to tour any album he releases under the NIN banner in the future.

Let's hope, and wait.  Grin

Trent Reznor Promises NIN Return

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/trent-reznor-promises-nine-inch-nails-return_1205981
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #514 on: May 23, 2011, 10:55:42 PM »

Amazing picture of Robin in a "Chinese Democracy" setting.  Grin

A big thanks to Tania Estranged, for creating the awesome pic.  ok
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #515 on: June 13, 2011, 09:18:54 PM »

I absolutely loved Robin in Guns N' Roses, he had a great on stage presence, Great tone, Great ability and his work on CD spoke for it self. I would pay a ridiculous price to be able to see him do TIL solo live in the band.  I hated to see him go and I do prefer him over DJ Ashba. Not saying that I dislike DJ.. I like his work in Beautiful Creatures and on Sixx AM. I dont know why he decided to leave and wished things would of worked out.

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #516 on: June 14, 2011, 01:26:36 AM »

Anyone got any idea of what Robin is up to now?
I would love for him to release a solo record. He was definitely one of the most talented members to ever grace GN'R.

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #517 on: July 02, 2011, 05:32:25 PM »

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #518 on: July 02, 2011, 06:51:35 PM »

What a beautiful picture, thanks to Tania!!!!!.

Robin is so picturesque, he looks amazing at any angle... Grin
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #519 on: July 02, 2011, 10:45:17 PM »

hihi rofl hihi rofl hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: