Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:02:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  all gnr members-one rock star(AXL ROSE)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: all gnr members-one rock star(AXL ROSE)  (Read 6401 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: May 19, 2004, 08:02:37 AM »

well,i'm sure that i'm right.
i like slash and duff maybe more than axl,but only axl rose is realy star,and only he can chance to do something great and big in future.
velvet revolver is good band,but his frontman is good but litlle child for axl,
slash,duff,izzy,guilby had new bands in past,but without any success.
if axl do somethink new i think he will have a great sucess.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 08:24:20 AM »

I don't think you should under estimate Slash's  - if you like- fame.  Everybody knows who Slash is, even if they don't like GN'R.  He has earnt his respect from fans and his peers and heroes that he has always admired.  You don't get to work with the variety of real musicians  that he has without having a degree of respect from them you know?

It's an infamous thing that band members from great bands don't produce the best solo albums.  Even if you don't like the singing or lyrics on say Snakepit, the work Slash did on it with the Snake logo and his guitar work was still cool.   The sales and concert tickets sold were on the back of Slash's name alone.  The first Snakepit album got to #15 in the uk that's respectable for just a guitarist you know?  

So i would say I agree Axl holds the biggest punch as do most lead singers but Slash is not too far behind.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 08:55:28 AM »

I really don't get it...these stupid/pointlesssss posts every week/day... Roll Eyes

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
eNgIeS
Rocker

OHHHH RIGGGHHHTT

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 09:00:15 AM »

Like what Kupirock just said.

Besides, Axl's the front man, he was suposed to be the most popular, but Slash still had his popularity, & Axl lost alot of popularity after all the actions from 1991-1993

Duff has his fans too, so does Izzy. However Matt Gilby Steve & Dizzy fans are hard to come by (its not a knock to those guys, there just more background guys)
axl1962
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 12:30:52 PM »

Yes, Slash was very popular in GNR's heyday.  However, when people think of GNR they think of Axl Rose first and foremost.  Everyone pretty much no matter what age they are knows who Axl is.  Love him or hate him he's the one everyone talks about.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 03:57:58 PM »

Slash lacks a main rock star quality: he's not controversial!!
  Everyone loves Slash,I never saw a bad article about him! He's rock's golden boy. While Axl is the exact opposite

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 04:39:46 PM »

thats a very good point. the fact that axl has a love/hate appeal and does things controversal is what kept him in the press and gives him rock star status.

and obv being a frontman helps!

Back In Power
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 03:51:37 AM »

B.S.  Slash is completely and totally a rock star of the highest order.  When most people think of Guns N' Roses, they think Axl and Slash, much in the same way Mick and Keith are associated with the Stones.  In their heyday, every single member of Guns N' Roses was a household name - Slash even had his own cover of Rolling Stone - and Slash is still very well-known and loved.  The sort of stage presence, look, and chops Slash brought to the table could not be ignored.  What non-frontman of the last 25 to 30 years of rock n' roll has been quite as famous?  Tommy Lee, maybe, but that's because of the tabloids, not for any legitimate reason.  Look at all the appearances Slash made with other artists throughout the years when all the other GNR members were nowhere to be found.  I've seen it so many times, all of the people who bash GNR begrudgenly admit Slash is a damn fine guitarist.  The man is truly an American icon, the ying to Axl's yang.

Yes, Slash's Snakepit's two records did not sell very well.  There's a few reasons for that.  One, solo albums by members of famous bands NEVER sell.  Look at Mick and Keith, all of their solo stuff has gone all but ignored.  Almost anything released by George Harrison after "All Things Must Pass" sold like shit.  Two, it wasn't Slash's strongest work, he certainly is capable of far greater.  And three, the first Snakepit album came out in 1995.  Think of what the rock music scene was like at that time, it was all about "alternative rock."  The sort of music Slash and friends were doing was hopelessely out of style.  If GNR had gotten their shit together and released a record around that time, it would most likely not have been the blockbusters AFD and UFI were.  Sure, it would have performed respectably since this is GNR we are talking about, but there was a very real prejudice against anything associated with '80s rock in those days.  The fact that "It's Five O' Clock Somewhere" managed to crack the Top 100 and go gold in such a harsh environment is a testament to Slash's popularity and integrity as an artist.  The second Snakepit album didn't receive one ounce of promotion and hype - aside from the tour with AC/DC - and much like its predecessor was not Slash's strongest material.

Axl may generate more press, but it's usually for all the wrong reasons.  Slash was, and always will be, the most popular, well-liked, and respected GNR member.  The general public is not as dumb as many on this board think.  Everyone and their grandmother knows who Slash is, and most even know the other guys, too.

SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 04:06:32 AM »

Another point that I forgot to add.  Does anyone of us really think there would have been all those empty seats on the 2002 GNR tour had Slash been a part of it?  Even if it had only been Axl and Slash from the original (or UYI) line-up on board, the hype for such a reunion would have been off the wall.

gezm
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 04:44:50 AM »

well,i'm sure that i'm right.
i like slash and duff maybe more than axl,but only axl rose is realy star,and only he can chance to do something great and big in future.
velvet revolver is good band,but his frontman is good but litlle child for axl,
slash,duff,izzy,guilby had new bands in past,but without any success.
if axl do somethink new i think he will have a great sucess.

well in the uk mate everytime somone says guns n roses slash comes up not axl over here and to the person who sed that slash aint a rock icon your off your head
u dont come more than slash in that respect peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 06:04:52 AM »

Does anyone of us really think there would have been all those empty seats on the 2002 GNR tour had Slash been a part of it?  Even if it had only been Axl and Slash from the original (or UYI) line-up on board, the hype for such a reunion would have been off the wall.

Yes.

How many people knew that Slash wasn't in the band? They hadn't released anything without him, so some people probably wasn't even aware who was in the band (other than Axl).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
badapple81
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 06:11:15 AM »

Exactly.. so many people after RIR3 said stuff to me like "where was Slash? WTF"!
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 06:30:46 AM »

Slash is a rock star. No denying it, he showed the world what it was like to be a rock star, axl was in the news for this and that. Slash did drugs, fucked groupies, rocked sold out arena's and didnt give a fuck what anyone thought. His look and style is all rock cliche. He's a guitar god and almost everyone knows who is not what he was. He keeps the rock n roll attitude alive in his mere presence. He's a living guitar legend(not even 40) and hasn't been really big for 10 or so years, all the GUITAR GODS are dead or really fuckin old.

Hendrix=Dead
Pete Townsend-Late 50's
Jimi Page-Late 50's
Stevie Ray Vaughn-Dead

Slash is alive and kickin and isn't even fuckin 40. If you asked anyone who was the rock star back in the day and i quite remeber Slash was always the response. Axl was popular and the big rock star but was always in the news for stupid things and got a reputation for being a whinger. Slash just looked and acted the rock star and it's lifestyle went with it.

So people who say Slash aint a rockstar.

Why don't you just....................FUCK OFF Grin

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 07:44:35 AM »

[quote author=matt88 link=board=2;threadid=12496;start=0#msg216858 d

. Axl was popular and the big rock star but was always in the news for stupid things and got a reputation for being a whinger.
well you say that"sweet child of mine,one in a million,november rain,estranged" were stupid things.
slash is great guitar player,but axl is the best frontman ever,and rock legend.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 07:51:21 AM »

[quote author=matt88 link=board=2;threadid=12496;start=0#msg216858 d

. Axl was popular and the big rock star but was always in the news for stupid things and got a reputation for being a whinger.
well you say that"sweet child of mine,one in a million,november rain,estranged" were stupid things.
slash is great guitar player,but axl is the best frontman ever,and rock legend.

NR would be the cheesiest shit without Slash's solos and his guitar is the base of the end of the song which is the bets part. Sweet Child is Slash's song he doesnt like it but it's HIS song everyone loves it and knows it cos of the intro and solo.

Estranged would still be good but slash's guitar adds the feel. One in a million is pure axl i agree. Axl is a rockstar and the best frontman and Slash is a great guitarist and a Rockstar

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2004, 08:02:41 AM »

i agree with you matt,slash solos on november rain and estranged were amazing,genious solo's.
and sweet child of mine solo in the middle and nighttrain solo on the end are the besr solo's which i ever heard
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 08:06:14 AM »

i agree with you matt,slash solos on november rain and estranged were amazing,genious solo's.
and sweet child of mine solo in the middle and nighttrain solo on the end are the besr solo's which i ever heard

Yeah Axl's lyrics are great and Slash's guitar fucken suits the mood with all of them, there both rock stars and fucken worked brialliantly togethor ok

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 08:54:18 AM »

Those who don't realise the rockstar Slash is hasn't looked too far into GN'R history.

From some early Appetite interviews he was the one who always turned up smashed and was slightly antaganistic/aggressive and would give the press a field day over the things he said. And For Steven Tylor and Joe Perry to say they were amazed at his drinking - thats a fucking indication in itself lol  

If he had continued just doing that, sure he would n't be half as well known today.  Slash earnt his credit by being one amazing talented guitarist and writting riffs that inspired new generation to go out and buy a guitar.  As he grew older melowed out. When it came to interviews felt more comfortable and let his talent speak for itself.

As has been said GNR in the minds of the average music fan is Axl and Slash they are both so talented.  Who together made things explosive and exciting.  Every band since no matter how good they have been, have looked pretty tame in comparison.  

And by the way Slash is a Brit/American - ex-pat idol - Made in Britain it says on him somewhere lol

And of course an important issue over looked with Slash is the race barriers that just don't touch him - it's not an issue - as it should be with everybody.

He is just Slash and where ever i have seen him run on stage at someone else's show the place goes fucking nuts.    

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 03:17:42 PM »

im a biggest fan of Axl than of Slash , but i agree that Slash is a genious , with out him Guns wouldnt be half of what it was .

Slash is a Rock star , in fact if you see Slash in the street or something he looks like a star , he has that feeling , but Axl in my opinion doesnt , Axl is the best frontman and is amazing onstage , but he looks like a normal guy when his not in stage (im not saying thats bad or something).

i have a question it is true that Slash take like a bottle of jack daniels before playing ? or how much did he drinks?
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 03:42:45 PM »

WHAT THE HELL!

You are all missing out DUFF, IZZY, STEVEN!

WHY ALWAYS SLASH N' AXL!
SLASH N' AXL!
SLASH N' AXL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeeeeeeez!  Grin

No but seriously it does me head in- when people miss out Duff, Izzy, Steven, Dizzy, Matt, Gilby!

Duff, Izzy, Steven, were original members tooooooo!  yes

GNR need each other! They all worked off eachother!
simple as!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: