Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:05:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rose/Springsteen '94
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rose/Springsteen '94  (Read 6225 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« on: May 19, 2004, 03:04:49 PM »

When I went to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame last summer and happened to see video footage of Axl and Bruce Springsteen doing a duet performance of "Come Together" in 1994, it blew me away.  Axl and Bruce are my two absolute favourite artists, so it was great seeing them play together.  I recently downloaded the MP3 of the performance, and it got my thinking about it again.  Does anyone know if Bruce and Axl ever had a real dialogue together, or some kind of noteworthy verbal exchange?  Has Axl ever said what he thinks of Bruce, or vice versa?  I got to know if there was any more to this meeting of the rock 'n' roll minds.  yes
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 03:11:03 PM »

"Axl joins Bruce Springsteen for this song at the 1994 Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony. From Brucebase - This duet was originally scheduled/planned for Rod Stewart and Elton John. Rod Stewart didn't make the event because of the earthquake in Los Angeles shortly before the event. As Bob Weir/John Popper and others peformed on stage, the production personnel approached Bruce with the lyrics to Come Together. Bruce politely refused, repeatedly. The producers then approached Axl Rose who was at the next table over. Axl agreed and then pulled up a chair next to Bruce. After a minute or two of conversation, Axl put the lyrics on the table and Bruce and Axl hovered over the paper for a few minutes. As Bob Weir/John Popper et al left the stage, Bruce and Axl simply got up, walked onto the stage and rocked. No rehearsal. No practice. Amazing to witness."

Source: http://www.gnrontour.com/
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 04:42:03 PM »

Fantastic story. True rock n' roll my friends ok

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 08:58:43 PM »

"Axl joins Bruce Springsteen for this song at the 1994 Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony. From Brucebase - This duet was originally scheduled/planned for Rod Stewart and Elton John. Rod Stewart didn't make the event because of the earthquake in Los Angeles shortly before the event. As Bob Weir/John Popper and others peformed on stage, the production personnel approached Bruce with the lyrics to Come Together. Bruce politely refused, repeatedly. The producers then approached Axl Rose who was at the next table over. Axl agreed and then pulled up a chair next to Bruce. After a minute or two of conversation, Axl put the lyrics on the table and Bruce and Axl hovered over the paper for a few minutes. As Bob Weir/John Popper et al left the stage, Bruce and Axl simply got up, walked onto the stage and rocked. No rehearsal. No practice. Amazing to witness."

Cool Story ok

I have that mp3 but I'd definitely love to watch any footage of that performance. Just out of curiosity, what was Axl wearing? Charlie don't surf outfit? Tongue
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 08:59:36 PM by Chinasky » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 09:02:51 PM »

if I remember correctly, he was wearing a flannel type of shirt over a t-shirt and jeans, pretty ordinary ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
badapple81
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 09:12:04 PM »

Yep I believe there are some pics at gnrontour.com? Some posing for the cameras with Bruce and Elton..

It was just some jeans, t-shirt and flannel over the top!
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 09:35:52 PM »

Hey, can someone tell me where to find that MP3.  Thanks a lot. ok
pjv3244
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 10:23:27 PM »

http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1994/19940119photo11.jpg

There's gotta be an interesting story behind this pic.

--pjv3244
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 11:07:26 PM »

Donatella Versace? Versace made his suits and sponsored GnR when they played italy I believe.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 11:39:44 PM »

http://www.gnrontour.com/sets1994/19940119photo11.jpg

There's gotta be an interesting story behind this pic.

--pjv3244

woah, Axl looks alot like kurt cobain in that pic

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
SuicideUZI
Headliner

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 12:02:51 AM »

you can download an mpg of the performance at gnrfanforum.com

now the damge is done
and we're back out on the run
funny how everything was roses
when we held onto the guns
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 12:31:27 AM »

wow, that picture makes the hair transplant rumors seem true

it looks a little fucked up in that pic

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 01:18:54 AM »

Yeah.  He's got a high forehead and thinning hair big time.

However, Axl had a very stressful lifestyle back then.  He had been touring for years straight right before that, and supposedly he was using a lot of amphetamines plus other substances.  All of these factors could be responsible for hairloss.  But, if he was really losing his hair, he would have been completely bald by now with no way to have extensions etc.  So, it leads me to believe that is was temporary hairloss due to the factors I listed above.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 02:43:18 AM »

But, if he was really losing his hair, he would have been completely bald by now with no way to have extensions etc.

Not necessarily true...He most likely had something done soon after his disappearence in '94.  Plus, temporary stress-related hair loss like youre suggesting usually occurs in patches, not the typical receding/thinning appearence seen in these pictures.  

I personally dont care about Axls hair...and if he did get something done (which he most likely did) its cool with me.  I think wed all rather see him with hair than the horseshoe look.  I just think he looked a lot cooler with the Rio/Vegas/Gilby Clarke appearence style than the goofy, obviously synthetic braids.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 02:45:06 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 02:59:17 AM »

Great to hear of Axl rubbing shoulders with the other rock legends ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2004, 08:27:44 AM »

Cool Story ok

I have that mp3 but I'd definitely love to watch any footage of that performance. Just out of curiosity, what was Axl wearing? Charlie don't surf outfit? Tongue
i watched that video,and axl was great.
his style was great too,axl was in jeans and looked great,something like in argentina 1992
madagas
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 10:14:41 AM »

That was a very cool performance...no doubt. I remember seeing it on Entertainment tonight, Axl starts strutting across stage and Bruce just smiles..he had the same look Petty and Jagger did when Axl performed with them. All of them had this look like "this guy is pretty good..and a little on edge!" I agree with Booker that the Rio look is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than those silly braids.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 10:37:03 AM »

Ya ive seen the video of this perfromance...this is prolly one of the best collaboratins of all time...bruce is one of the best and axl is the best....but bruce puts so much into his live performance its amazing to see them sing toghether...and with them not having it planned makes it more speacial...i think im gonna go watch it right know ahahahahaha Grin

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 10:31:33 PM »

But, if he was really losing his hair, he would have been completely bald by now with no way to have extensions etc.

Not necessarily true...He most likely had something done soon after his disappearence in '94.  Plus, temporary stress-related hair loss like youre suggesting usually occurs in patches, not the typical receding/thinning appearence seen in these pictures.  

I personally dont care about Axls hair...and if he did get something done (which he most likely did) its cool with me.  I think wed all rather see him with hair than the horseshoe look.  I just think he looked a lot cooler with the Rio/Vegas/Gilby Clarke appearence style than the goofy, obviously synthetic braids.

No.  The only time of hairloss that would cause patches of hair to fall out is alopecia areata.  It's highly uinlikely he has that condition.  So yes, his hairloss could have definitly been stress related etc.
axl1962
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 10:53:22 PM »

I believe it's highly unlikely his hairloss was stress related.  Hell I would think around 91 or 92 post St. Louis would have been the most stressful time for him.  He's about 32 in these pics his hair was receding bottomline.  
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: