Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:23:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Trance: The Progressive Experience-Axl Rose
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Trance: The Progressive Experience-Axl Rose  (Read 3211 times)
Scottyl333
Headliner

« on: May 19, 2004, 04:32:29 PM »

Its says Axl Rose was a arranger for this CD.  Has anyone ever heard it.  It has November Rain on it.  Im thinking it might be a techno or house remix of it.  Does anyone know if there are vocals on it?  Thanks
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 04:36:33 PM »

Can you give us a link or source, please? Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 04:50:28 PM by Voodochild » Logged

coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 04:51:54 PM »

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p_trance-the-progressive-experience_music_1921651948;_ylc=X3oDMTA4b2c2MzY2BGFpZAMxMDAw

Is also lists Duff and Izzy as an "arranger" (click on credit)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 05:26:44 PM »

WTF?  Shocked Axl is also credited as engineer in the Reggie & The Full Effect's  CD Promotional Copy:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p_promotional-copy_music_1921399427_601091034327;_ylt=AvUeXi0z9qpAtWz7QtsoXhEJGbgF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsbjZyb2dqBF9zAzk1OTUxMTEzBHNlYwNiZ3NpYg--?cf=credits&clink=

(if it doesn't work, try to copy and paste).

You can check the tracks here

: http://shopping.yahoo.com/p_promotional-copy_music_1921399427_601091034327;_ylt=AvUeXi0z9qpAtWz7QtsoXhEJGbgF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsbjZyb2dqBF9zAzk1OTUxMTEzBHNlYwNiZ3NpYg--?cf=tracks&clink=
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 05:41:58 PM by Voodochild » Logged

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 05:30:45 PM »

What the fuck?

Quick someone pull out one of those quotes u have handily placed to explain this

Duff, Axl and Izzy? When were these CD's put out?

Why would Izzy 'Country Music' Stradlin be involved in this electronic noise?

I'm baffled

Quick! To the bandwagon!
WalrusOct9
Headliner

one, two, three, fourteen

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 05:35:53 PM »

They can get credit as "writers" and "arrangers" just by having "November Rain" be a part of this disc.  They don't have to actually participate, and I'm sure no Gn'R member had anything to do with this.  

However, this goes to show that VR should have no problem releasing Gn'R covers on a live album/DVD.  Anyone can record and release something like "November Rain," they just have to pay royalites to the songwriter(s).  

(as a side note, this techno remix shit happens all the time...i happen to like some electronic music, but i've also stumbled across techno versions of Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" and stuff like that...nothing is sacred to some people *shrug*)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 05:39:22 PM »

They can get credit as "writers" and "arrangers" just by having "November Rain" be a part of this disc.  They don't have to actually participate, and I'm sure no Gn'R member had anything to do with this.  

But thats even stranger - only Axl gets writing credits for November Rain - why would Duff and Izzy? More imp why would Slash, Matt and Dizzy not if the others do?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 05:48:31 PM »

Ok, read my post above. I said Axl is credit as engineer in Reggie & The Full Effect's cd Promotional Copy. So, this trance version of November Rain could be nothing, but I dunno about his work with this band, they didn't covered any GNR songs. Maybe Axl is testing his engineer skills to CD?  nervous

ps: this band is signed with Interscope too.  Shocked
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 06:02:00 PM by Voodochild » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 06:32:07 PM »

I seem to remember someone coming up with this a year or so ago and it turned out there's an engineer that goes by the name 'Axl Rose' that doesn't have anything to do with Axl. Not sure if that's true or not.
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 06:51:25 PM »

If you click on the November Rain link you can listen to a sample of it.  Not too bad as far as techno remixes go...

Skol Vikings
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 12:08:48 AM »

Depending who you ask, Guns N' Roses vocalist Axl Rose is either considered a rock music icon who is worshipped by millions as an almost Christ-like figure, or hated as a homophobic, misogynistic,... Grin

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p_axl-rose_artist_1927177170;_ylt=AkyBoiTugsQwUj.dE6X._xUJGbgF;_ylu=X3oDMTBwamFia2gyBF9zAzg0MzkzMzAwBHNlYwNiZ2NvbnRlbnQ-

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 02:27:27 AM »

Does anyone know anymore guns n roses songs that were made into techno or house remixes? Thanks
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 03:18:00 AM »

Anyone who turns GNR'S songs into techno should be put in jail thats murder i tell u murder rant

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
WalrusOct9
Headliner

one, two, three, fourteen

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 08:58:05 AM »

But thats even stranger - only Axl gets writing credits for November Rain - why would Duff and Izzy? More imp why would Slash, Matt and Dizzy not if the others do?

Sometimes people who make website listings or liner notes aren't that bright.  It's a Gn'R song, they probably gave it Gn'R credits in the liner notes without actually finding out who wrote the song.  

Sinatra went around for years claiming "Something" was "his favorite Lennon/McCartney song" even though it was written by George Harrison.   Wink
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 12:19:06 PM »

Its funny, recently, I have gotten very into trance rock. Its not techno, so don't confuse the two. When your "in the right state of mind" and have properly fed your head, some trance rock can set a real tripped out atmosphere. Especially under the right conditions.

I would very much like to hear trance versions of some GNR tracks. Shit an underappreciated track by GNR themselves, the Garden, comes close and I love this song personally. One of my favorite GNR songs.

Anyway, I will have to look into acquiring these trance versions.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: