Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  all gnr members-one rock star(AXL ROSE)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: all gnr members-one rock star(AXL ROSE)  (Read 6432 times)
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 02:52:31 AM »

Does anyone of us really think there would have been all those empty seats on the 2002 GNR tour had Slash been a part of it?  Even if it had only been Axl and Slash from the original (or UYI) line-up on board, the hype for such a reunion would have been off the wall.

Yes.

How many people knew that Slash wasn't in the band? They hadn't released anything without him, so some people probably wasn't even aware who was in the band (other than Axl).

/jarmo

Jarmo, you live in Sweden, not America, where the shows actually took place.  In my country, 99.9% of the people who attended those Axl shows in 2002 knew full-well Slash was not going to be there.  If they chanted "Where's Slash" or whatever, it was because they were disappointed not to see the guy or perhaps wanted to send a message to Mr. Rose.  Had Slash been a part of the tour, the radio stations, media, et al, would have hyped it up a lot bigger than they did.  As it was, those outlets were quite quick to point out that Slash and the rest of the original line-up were not on board.  The tour was a joke from the outset in great part for this very reason.  I'll say it again, people are not stupid.  If they bought a ticket to a "GNR" show in 2002, they knew what the deal was.  It was an Axl Rose solo show with the Guns N' Roses name attached to it, and none of us were fooled.  The fact that people actually went to these shows is a testament to Axl's popularity, something that should make all the zealots like you quite happy.  Wow, people still cared about Axl Rose enough to see him even if he was presenting an imposter version of GNR.  After what transpired during the said tour, I'm not sure he'll ever be able to successfully tour America again.  That remains to be seen of course, but it?s certainly not going to be easy for Axl with the bad reputation that he has.  Just don't insult our intelligence by suggesting that people - aside from maybe a scant few who had been living under a rock, and there are always a few of those types lurking around - didn't know Slash and the rest of the real Gunners weren't going to be involved.

Personally, I'm sick of Slash and Duff getting shitted on by you people.  They're delivering with kick-ass new music while your boy continues to do jackshit.  That's all that should really matter, but for some reason Slash, Duff, and Matt coming out with new music - music that really rocks, I might add - is not good enough for you.  That's just pathetic if you call yourself a GNR fan.  All that said, I do thank you Jarmo for providing all of us Gunners with a forum to discuss this shit.  Keep up the good work, but please, be fair to VR.  They?re all we really got now, so why not just enjoy it?

Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 02:40:34 PM »

Personally, I'm sick of Slash and Duff getting shitted on by you people.  They're delivering with kick-ass new music while your boy continues to do jackshit.  That's all that should really matter, but for some reason Slash, Duff, and Matt coming out with new music - music that really rocks, I might add - is not good enough for you.  That's just pathetic if you call yourself a GNR fan.  All that said, I do thank you Jarmo for providing all of us Gunners with a forum to discuss this shit.  Keep up the good work, but please, be fair to VR.  They’re all we really got now, so why not just enjoy it?

Cool!
I agree! For those who nag on bout VR!
There aren't many on here are they?
But i agree!
I'm blessed to have Duff, Slash, and Matt, hit our screens again with the energetic, real-rock video Slither!
which is completed with Great music!

Good Luck VR!  beer for Slash n' matt!  Kiss to my Duff!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: