Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:16:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Tool
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tool  (Read 76707 times)
Z
« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2006, 12:17:01 AM »

Jambi
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2006, 12:18:19 AM »

Aenima

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2006, 11:55:16 AM »

the grudge
the patient
46 and 2
hooker wiath a penis
reflection
lateralus
aenima
parabola
pushit
third eye

they are some of my favourites although every tool song rocks.

i think my favourite off 10 000 days has to be rosetta stoned!

who else here has salival if so what do you think of you lied?i cant stop listening to that at the mo.and whos song is originally?it sounds very much like isis to me although cant find it,maybe its a tool song?anyone know?

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2006, 01:30:00 AM »

You Lied is a great tune to trip out too-

also their cover of "No Quarter" is better then the original,  and thats a hard band to top too.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #284 on: August 16, 2006, 08:43:30 PM »

ive forced myself to listen to them since i didnt really like them too much before but now i love them.. their music is different thats the only way i can describe it, although im not a big fan of the tracks where there is no singing
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #285 on: August 16, 2006, 09:20:09 PM »

also their cover of "No Quarter" is better then the original,? and thats a hard band to top too.

What the f*ck are you saying?HuhHuh?  You can't be serious rofl  Tell me you're joking! yes
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2006, 04:23:48 AM »

its true,   give it a listen,   or maybe you have and you still dont like it-  either way its still better
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2006, 06:26:20 AM »

its true,? ?give it a listen,? ?or maybe you have and you still dont like it-? either way its still better

I prefer it greatly to the Zep version also. But its not cos its necessarily better, I just happen to like it more.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #288 on: August 22, 2006, 10:18:01 AM »

its true,? ?give it a listen,? ?or maybe you have and you still dont like it-? either way its still better

I have the version on a CD and listen to it frequently. I love it. I think it f*cking rocks. BUT, the original is one of my favorite Zep tunes, and to compare the two is quite silly ( in my world!)
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #289 on: August 24, 2006, 07:07:19 AM »

BELGIUM CORRECTION! BELGIUM CORRECTION!

Having received at least one email/message/letter from every person in Belgium, I have come to the astonishing conclusion that the band has ADDED an extra show in that country (yes, Belgium!) on November 8th at Brabanthal in Leuven. The November 10th show at Forest National in Brussels (yes, Belgium!) is sold out, which means, to my of thinking, at least, that the band will perform there. Sorry for any confusion, but keep those Trappist Belgium ales coming!

Looks like I'm gonna see them twice now!!! TOOL IS BIG IN BELGIUM (sometimes i love my country)

Like peeing clouds!
Redrocket16
Opening Act

Slash is rock and Roll

« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2006, 12:53:31 AM »

Holy fuck my freind introduced my to Tool with there new album 10,000 days and i fell in love...

Rosetta Stoned is such a good song
 because it's concept album  you have to listen to it all the way through and some of the songs just dont make sense without the others.
Redrocket16
Opening Act

Slash is rock and Roll

« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2006, 01:44:05 PM »

i cannot wait to hear the rest of their work
BA
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #292 on: August 28, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »

i far prefer there version of no quarter.
im gog to the wembley show.i cant wait!

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2006, 12:02:16 PM »

Just bought my ticket to the Madrid show November 4th. First time I'll ever attend a Tool show...

I can't wait to see this band live after reading so many reviews from you guys. Really looking forward to it.
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2006, 01:07:24 PM »

tool are amazing live i saw them at download festival, very tight
BA
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2006, 07:13:32 PM »

Just bought my ticket to the Madrid show November 4th. First time I'll ever attend a Tool show...

I can't wait to see this band live after reading so many reviews from you guys. Really looking forward to it.

be ready for a shock!
try o get to know as much as you can though before you go and youll be glad you did!

Graciela
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2006, 02:20:31 PM »

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a par of standing tickets for the show at Nottingham Arena on the 1st of December. There's no way I can make it now, that's why I'm selling them. Face value, of course, or even less, I just wanna get rid of them
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 02:26:03 PM by Graciela » Logged
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #297 on: October 10, 2006, 09:31:02 AM »

hi guys and girls, im doing a university project on the band TOOL.

Just wondering if any of you guys can post or link me to some good quality tool pictures (live/promo/anything). Thanks  beer 
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2006, 02:11:54 PM »

hi guys and girls, im doing a university project on the band TOOL.

Just wondering if any of you guys can post or link me to some good quality tool pictures (live/promo/anything). Thanks? beer?

i posted some promo pictures for 10,000 Days a couple pages back i think....

edit: page 8

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2006, 06:02:09 AM »

Saw TOOL last saturday.

First time ever, amazing show. The started at 10 pm sharp (so weird when an artist is on time? hihi) and played for almost 2 hours. I can't recall the setlist, but they played 11-12 songs; Rosetta Stoned, Jambi (amazing), Lateralus, Schism...last song "Aenima".

Maynard wore grey paints, naked torso. His mic was attached to a mask so he didn't have to hold it. He had a mohican crest. He stood right by the drummer the whole time, on this note, the stage was something unusual. It was all white. Bassist to the right, guitarist to the left, a huge gap between the two and Maynard out back with the drummer.?

The rodies wore lab coats. All of them. I found that shocking...maybe Maynard wanted some sort of purity aura on his stage...

I had never seen Maynard live before so I didn't know what to expect, but this guy can rock an audience. He moves like a surfer. I know is hard to believe, but he positions himself like if he was standing on top of a surfboard wating to catch a wave. The crowd would go nuts everytime Maynard moved like that.

Overall a great experience. They didn't talk to the crowd much though, Maynard did say "See you next summer, promise" before hitting the first notes of Aenima.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 06:03:49 AM by Ignatius » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: