Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:00:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will BHs parts stay on chinese democracy (mysteron do you know)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will BHs parts stay on chinese democracy (mysteron do you know)  (Read 9418 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2004, 09:22:28 AM »

There's no evidence this would be even an option, everybody else who has come and gone over the years has been literally erased from the sessions, no reason to think BH's fate wouldn't be the same.  

BH is a talented guy, but hardly irreplaceable.  We don't even know if he brought anything creatively to GNR in the first place. Even if he did, I'm sure there's more than a few who could copy his parts.
Yes, I understand the hisory of hwat has happened when this situation comes up. But the only thing i would say about that is that it was still early in the project when he did those re-records. He was still in the process of finding a definitive direction/album and band. We are now in 2003/2004. Bucket was a pivotal member of this band. He had the image and def. had the talent. When people talkd about new gnr buckethead was always mentioned. If it was richard fortus I would def. think his part would be re-recorded. But with bucket, I really thik this time Axl is going to keep them. If bucket is in fact out of the picture i think he is just looking for a replacement right now. Someone who can add to future gnr work and some1 who can simply just play buckets stuff in the meantime.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2004, 09:24:05 AM »

It would make sense to leave the parts on the album - which obviously means Axl will replace them entirely

Good ole Axl - he takes a relatively straightforward thing and does the total opposite every time.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2004, 10:25:56 AM »

In my world of self-delusion
I subscribe to the illusion
That Bucket's part's will still be used.
Lest you think that I'm confused,
Remember Uncle Axl said
That, though the Lisbon gig be dead,
He hoped to announce the big date
Sometime soon, not sometime late
And then he THANKED ol' Buckethead!
Appreciated contributions, Axl said...
And so I think he'll use the work.
Otherwise, he's just a jerk.
Have faith in Axl, chicks and guys,
We'll see CD before he dies.

Yeah, I'm bored and I think Bucket's parts will stay and I wasn't in the mood to write something normal.

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2004, 10:41:00 AM »

I am curious, do  you think Axl will keep Bucketheads part on CD?
I really hope so, since BH is an amazing player.
I know Axl will have to pay  him royalies but I know he was still under contract when he left.
Maybe Axl would let BH out of his contract if BH agreed to not get royalies for the album.
I m dying to hear Bhs playing on this album, I hope its not taken out.

I don't know
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2004, 11:36:42 AM »

I am curious, do  you think Axl will keep Bucketheads part on CD?
I really hope so, since BH is an amazing player.
I know Axl will have to pay  him royalies but I know he was still under contract when he left.
Maybe Axl would let BH out of his contract if BH agreed to not get royalies for the album.
I m dying to hear Bhs playing on this album, I hope its not taken out.

I don't know

Mysteron, do you know anything/are you able to get any information about the whole guitarist issue. I feel that this is the most important issue at the moment.

Is Bucket gone for sure?
 Are they looking for a replacement?
 If they are looking for a replacement, how are they doing?
 Did they already find a replacement? [surprisingly (without giving away any details- this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further]

Commen sence tells me an announcement about this matter can be expected sooner than the announcement of the release date.

Why do they have to be so quiet about all this. How delicate can things be? Why can't they (mngt/gnr) say things like:

- We are still in talks with Bucket.
- We are still looking for a replacement.
- We are very close in solving the guitarist issue.
- Look forward to an announcement within two weeks.

Very easy, not delicate at all and very good for all the loving and hoping fans.

We deserve a little more and I keep wondering why we don't get it. If there's a reason, then that reason is what they can let us know. Correct?

N ! 3 |(
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2004, 01:12:58 AM »

Mysteron I am sure you can't but doyou think your source would know.

As for my opinion.
I think if Axl really is moving foward and will have a release date for us in a few months, I dont think he will have time to re do BHs parts.
I think he will just leave them and let the new guy redo the follow up albums.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2004, 04:26:36 AM »

I f he's gone, i think SOME of Buckets parts will stay, who ever the new guy is, he's gonna have some parts to do ok

who know...

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2004, 05:04:09 AM »

Mysteron I am sure you can't but doyou think your source would know.

As for my opinion.
I think if Axl really is moving foward and will have a release date for us in a few months, I dont think he will have time to re do BHs parts.
I think he will just leave them and let the new guy redo the follow up albums.

I'm not sure if management know or not, but they wouldn't answer this question anyway (at the moment)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2004, 05:16:39 AM »

Of course they won't. There is no reason for doing it on nothing illegal with keeping it. It will stay on for sure, don't you think too?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2004, 07:59:11 AM »

Who Knows? If he's thinking with his head and not his dick he'll leave them in, cause BH fans will buy the album for the BH parts...otherwise....he'll lose some "cross over" sales of the album
...you never can tell with that guy though...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2004, 07:59:30 AM »

Of course they won't. There is no reason for doing it on nothing illegal with keeping it.

Illegal? Hardly. Bucket was on contract, which to my mind reads as Axl / GNR being sole propietor(s) to all the material he contributed to CD. Should Axl use his guitar parts, there would be a credit where credit is due, sure, but I doubt BH would've had much control over the material even if he would've stayed in the band. I think it comes down to Axl and his possible sour grapes with Bucket (as he could oust him just for spite) and more importantly, how well could a replacement handle BH's recorded parts.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2004, 08:00:49 AM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2004, 08:23:40 AM »

Exactly. The foundation (rythm guitars by huge) was already done when fortus joined them. The loved his bantubi and maybe he contributed to the foundation, so this parts is usually slick to redo. When it comes to lad breaks, solo's ot vocals it's another story. It can't easily be replaced. It possiblu also an importmant element to the personality of the song. (like nothing else matters intro)
So i really doubt any replacing of his parts on CD is concidered

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2004, 08:47:05 AM »

In my world of self-delusion
I subscribe to the illusion
That Bucket's part's will still be used.
Lest you think that I'm confused,
Remember Uncle Axl said
That, though the Lisbon gig be dead,
He hoped to announce the big date
Sometime soon, not sometime late
And then he THANKED ol' Buckethead!
Appreciated contributions, Axl said...
And so I think he'll use the work.
Otherwise, he's just a jerk.
Have faith in Axl, chicks and guys,
We'll see CD before he dies.

I thought that was fuckin brilliant  rofl

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Nicos
Rocker

Locomotive (Complicity)

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2004, 08:59:31 AM »

I strongly feel it would be a good idea for us fans to let Bucket know, via his admin at bucketheadland or/and his manager on bucketheadland.com (maybe even via GN'R's mngt!), that we would very much like him (back) in the band.

Of course, if he wants to be in GN'R and promises to be a reliable person in future.
The RIR-L situation was a very bad one and the ones responsible should feel responsible and do something to make up for it. It is fair to do so.

We could only win on this, especially when Bucket reads it. What ever his descision will be, he will know we 2 appriciate all his efforts made so far.

Mysteron, everybody, what do you think?

Best regards,

N ! 3 |(
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2004, 12:41:47 PM »

If Buckethead is truly happier (and who wouldn't be, having drama cut out of your life) without GNR than more power to him.
Axl is a grown man, who needs to take responsibility and accountability for this band he leads called Guns and Roses..he had a pivotal (pivotal enough to make him cancel a show 3 months in advance) player who was wavering with regard to his membership to this band for a freaking year! It's not like Buckethead woke up one day and sent Axl a fax saying, I'm flying the coop!  hihi
As far as that reliable line, that could work both ways, and you know "braids" would never agree to that because that would mean that he also would have to be accountable for his own fuck ups....sad but true....
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2004, 02:23:34 AM »

I'm not sure if management know or not, but they wouldn't answer this question anyway (at the moment)

If managmnet isn't answering then, I'd infer that they ARE still looking for a replacement OR are redoing BH's parts....not good for a release this year, especially not good if managment KNOWS NOTHING about what is going on, but I wouldn't think that would be the case, but with Axl it could be. Sad

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
John Hammond
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2004, 02:28:43 AM »

Lets hope so, otherwise we're gonna wait longer for the new album.  BH played great and was a fantastic replacement for Slash.  His parts MUST be kept.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2004, 03:05:39 AM »

yeah, John. Like you spared no expense at the Park yet hired a hacker to organize your mainframe. Word to the wize, don't schedule a risk accessment the same weekend as a tropical storm.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2004, 03:05:40 AM »

Buckethead went n' fed the chooks
Axl said no way, ya signatures in my books,
Im keepin' ya parts n' that is that
Im replacing your arse, i know you'll be back
Time went by n' no word just yet
I'd better release CD, im in fuckin' debt
We need a guitarist to play on the road
Buckets parts didnt stay what a load...

of shit hihi              i was bored too, you started it hihi