Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:12:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 210736 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #780 on: May 04, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »

8 Wild Revelations from Steven Tyler's Memoir

May 3, 2011

1: Did the dude look like a lady? Tyler isn't saying, but he does admit to having a homosexual tryst in his youth. "Gay sex just doesn't do it for me," he reveals. "I tried it one time when I was younger, but just didn't dig it."

2: Tyler was rehab buddies with rock royalty (sort of). In December 2009, after another drug relapse, Tyler checked into a Betty Ford clinic. When he arrived, Tyler recalls being greeted by Ivan Followill, the father of the Kings of Leon's Caleb, Nathan, and Jared. "His kids didn't like the way their dad was behaving," Tyler writes. "He'd remarried and they hated his new wife, he was getting drunk all the time, running trucks and buses off the road ? he was the band's tour manager ? just fucked up shit. So they sent him to rehab, and so I spent the next month in the best of company with the Kings of Leon's dad."

3: Tyler was contacted by Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page in 2008 with an offer to form a band with ex-Zep members Page and John Paul Jones, as well as John Bonham's son Jason. The quartet rehearsed once, "but I soon realized it wasn't going to work," writes Tyler. "Not that I couldn't sing the stuff, I could do Led Zep in my sleep, but I wasn't Robert Plant, and Robert wasn't anything like me. Fans want to hear 'Percy' [Plant's nickname] wail on 'Whole Lotta Love,' 'Communication Breakdown,' etc. It never would have been the same."

4: Tyler knows his drugs, which isn't exactly a shocker, but the range of narcotics with which Tyler is familiar is impressive in an encyclopedic kind of way. Here are some of the uppers, downers, and in-betweeners that get mentioned in Noise: Seroquel, Neurontin, Xanax, Benzodiazepine, Valium, Librium, Cocaine, OxyContin, Lunesta, Suboxone, Dexedrine, Benzedrine, Marijuana, Heroin, Tuinol, Methamphetamine, Seconal, Amyl Nitrate, Laudanum, Quaaludes, Dilaudid, Methadone, Clonidine, LSD, Hashish, Opium, etc., etc.

5: This stick-thin, anti-establishment hell raiser was actually a bit of a jock. "I had been on the junior Olympic team in high school for trampoline; I could do twenty-six back flips in a row." [Editor's Note: Trampolining became an Olympic sport in 2000.]

6: Tyler and Joe Perry have shared some very, uh, intimate experiences. "I remember one night on the road when Joe and I were sharing a bed with two girls and woke up in the morning with a seafood blue plate special?Crabs for everybody!"

7: Aerosmith wasn't always loved by its road crew. "I found out years later (through a crew member confessional) that when the techs would get pissed off at the band, they'd wipe their ass with the bologna and put back on the deli tray."

8: During their '70s heyday, Aerosmith didn't always wait till after the show to party. "Joe [Perry] had vials of coke with straws in them at the back of the stage, and when the lights would go out he'd go over there like he was checking something or making a guitar change and [a roadie] would put the straw in his nose; he'd take a hit, then the lights would come on again."

http://www.spin.com/articles/8-wild-revelations-steven-tylers-memoir

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #781 on: May 05, 2011, 02:06:35 PM »

Steven Tyler's new video "It Feels So Good" will premiere on next week's (May 12th) American Idol.

It will apparently feature Nicole Scherzinger

Set photo: http://raykay.com/post/set-photo-with-steven-tyler-and-nicole-scherzinger

And Steven Tyler's interview with Matt Lauer for Dateline:

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler on LSD (Lead Singer Disorder)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvXoNnAKvLM

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #782 on: May 09, 2011, 08:44:39 PM »

Undecided

STEVEN TYLER's '(It) Feels So Good' Premieres On RYAN SEACREST's Radio Show - May 9, 2011

AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler's first-ever solo single, "(It) Feels So Good", premiered today on Ryan Seacrest's show and can now be streamed in the YouTube below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157879

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #783 on: May 13, 2011, 12:28:38 AM »

Steven Tyler - (It) Feels So Good - Official Video HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16TVqII_IbE

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #784 on: May 13, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »

Steven Tyler - (It) Feels So Good - Official Video HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16TVqII_IbE

This link works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM39ya_-XQM

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #785 on: May 14, 2011, 10:02:27 AM »

New song feels like he tried too hard to get something on the pop charts. Not a fan if it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #786 on: May 14, 2011, 10:12:34 AM »

yeah, dont like it at all

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #787 on: May 14, 2011, 12:35:45 PM »

New song feels like he tried too hard to get something on the pop charts. Not a fan if it.
American Idol tends to have that effect on people.  And unfortunately, it seems to work.

I think it's alright.  It is catchy, I'll give him that.  Sounds like typical Aerosmith of the last 15 years or so.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #788 on: May 16, 2011, 02:13:45 PM »

Aerosmith nixes ?Idol? gig

Band won?t back up Steven?s Fox-y promise

Aerosmith, fronted by new ?American Idol? judge Steven Tyler, told the show?s producers last night to Dream On ? the Bad Boys of Boston refuse to reunite onstage during the May 26 finale of the uber-popular Fox TV singing contest.

Sources close to the band told the Track that the four other members of Aerosmith weren?t interested in playing the gig despite Tyler?s repeated pronouncements that the rockers would perform at the crowning of this season?s ?American Idol.?

While no official reason was given for taking a pass on the highly rated national TV gig, sources said Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer and Brad Whitford would rather appear on ?Idol? when the band has something to promote like an upcoming tour or a new album.

For the past nine months, the band has been on somewhat of a Permanent Vacation while Tyler soaked up the spotlight as America?s favorite judge on the retooled Fox reality show.

There?s been an attempt at songwriting in La-La by Steven and some members of the band, but nothing with Perry, with whom Tyler has written dozens of monster hits like ?Walk This Way.?

Perry, as you are so aware by now, has been estranged from his longtime writing partner ever since Tyler took the ?American Idol? gig without giving his bandmates a head?s up.

And if that wasn?t enough, Steven revealed in his new book, ?Does the Noise in My Head Bother You,? that Joe became addicted to prescription drugs during his painful knee surgeries back in 2008. (Joe hasn?t responded to the allegations.)

In fact, yesterday during a death march of Boston radio station visits to flog his new single, ?(It) Feels So Good,? as well as his new autobiography, Tyler said Perry will have to ?get over it? and get down to business of songwriting this summer.

?We?ve been in a marriage for 40 years and divorced a lot of times,? he told WAAF [website]-FM morning man Greg Hill. ?He?s really pissed off about how I spoke about stuff in the book. But ya know, he?ll get over it. I had to get rid of that stuff otherwise I am not good. I got too many resentments about certain things. . . . I love them all, they love me ? they just don?t know it yet!

?It all doesn?t mean a thing compared to this album we?re going to do and the songs you?re going to hear,? the rocker told Hill-Man. ?The make-up kiss is always the deepest, dark and wettest.? (Add a trademark Tyler howl here.)

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/2011_0514aerosmith_nixes_idol_gig_band_wont_back_up_stevens_fox-y_promise/srvc=home&position=also

overmatik
« Reply #789 on: May 16, 2011, 09:59:26 PM »

Somebody in this band still have his mind on its place. American Idol symbolizes the decadence of music, and playing there is like selling your soul to the devil. Thumbs up for Joe!  peace
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #790 on: May 18, 2011, 02:33:20 PM »

From Joe Perry:

Not playing Idol cause we were never asked by producers. Brad has gig that night with Hendrix Exp. Its not logistically possible.

Aersomith's looking forward to playing American Idol next season when our new CD is out and we can prepare 4 a kick ass show if they ask us.

Really looking froward to recording with Aerosmith this July n Aug to finish our long awaited CD. Icing on cake Jack Douglas is producing.

The band def wants to tour after the new CD. We want to rock out in the US and for our Blue Army behind some new songs.

There is no peace pipe to smoke because I have no problem with anything Steven is doing. It's all media driven. In case ya didn't get that 1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #791 on: May 23, 2011, 05:43:54 PM »

No idle summer for Boston Bad Boy Steven Tyler

May 23, 2011

The Bad Boys of Boston ? who refused to perform on Wednesday?s finale even though their frontman promised they would ? are scheduled to meet in the next couple of weeks to clear the air before getting down to the business of making their final album for Sony.

As you are so aware by now, Tyler has been estranged from longtime collaborator ax man Joe Perry for the past three years ? even before the high-as-a-kite Steven fell off the stage in Sturgis, S.D., and ended up in rehab. Neither Joe ? nor the rest of the band ? was happy when Tyler took the ?American Idol? gig and didn?t tell them. And lest we forget, Steven talking trash about Perry and the rest of the band in his new autobiography, ?Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?? didn?t help.

Tyler told WAAF [website]?s Greg Hill during a promotional swing for his book that Perry has to ?get over it? and ?all of it doesn?t mean a thing compared to this album we?re going to do.?

Last week ? according to Perry?s Twitter feed ? the boys will Let the Music Do the Talking in their South Shore studio, Pandora?s Box, which, according to Joe, was built six years ago with the help of legendary music producer Jack Douglas to record what could be the band?s final album.

Douglas, who worked his magic on seven Aerosmith records, including ?Toys in the Attic,? ?Rocks,? ?Draw the Line? and, more recently, ?Honkin? on Bobo,? will rejoin the rockers for the disc. (A few years ago there was an attempt at making the album with ?Get A Grip? producer Brendan O?Brien, but Tyler ?wasn?t into it,? Joe said at the time.)

?I?d like to make a good statement on the way out ? a good ol? rock ?n? roll record,? Douglas said during a recent interview in which he acknowledged that Aerosmith members ?can all go their merry way? after they tour to promote the album.

http://bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1339876

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #792 on: July 01, 2011, 11:53:56 AM »

Steven Tyler has signed on for another season of American Idol.  New Aerosmith album November/December:

June 30, 2011

Steven said he hasn?t talked to JLo for ?about a month,? so he isn?t privy to her plans.

?It?s been major separation anxiety,? Tyler told the Track. ? ?Idol? was quite intense this year, and I got so much pleasure out of being a part of it. They were all good before I met them, and they?re even better now.?

So what have you missed while on hiatus?

?I miss Randy?s humor, Jennifer?s jokes, and Marc, her husband,? he said. ?I miss them all. We?re one big family there, you know??

After ?Idol? wrapped, Steven and galpal Erin Brady took off to Costa Rica and Maui ?and jumped right into writing this new album with Aerosmith.?

He said the maybe-the-last-album is expected to be out in November-December.

http://bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1348836

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #793 on: August 08, 2011, 10:51:35 PM »

Laser Surgery On Tongue Cancer Successful

Aerosmith Musician Shows Progress Fighting Cancer

August 5, 2011

http://www.ksat.com/health/28779734/detail.html

Aerosmith star wants new deal after J. Lo pay rise

http://www.musicrooms.net/tv/38974-steven-tyler-wants-american-idol-pay-rise.html

manteca80
Opening Act

« Reply #794 on: August 10, 2011, 01:02:47 PM »

Aerosmith I Love You Cheesy

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108157065942456
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #795 on: August 10, 2011, 05:15:18 PM »

Laser Surgery On Tongue Cancer Successful

Aerosmith Musician Shows Progress Fighting Cancer

August 5, 2011

http://www.ksat.com/health/28779734/detail.html

Undecided

AEROSMITH Bassist Says He Hasn't Undergone Any 'Radical Surgery' Since 2009 - Aug. 9, 2011

AEROSMITH bassist Tom Hamilton says that he hasn't undergone any new surgery this year despite a report from a Texas TV station which may have suggested otherwise.

KSAT-TV, the local ABC affiliate television station in the greater San Antonio area, reported on Friday (August 5) that Hamilton was treated using a radical medical procedure after his tongue-base cancer came back and extended into his voice box.

Writing on his Twitter profile earlier today (Tuesday, August 9), the bassist said, "I did not undergo any surgery... this year. All this news is about 2009. Thanks for the wishes though!"

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161774

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #796 on: August 17, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »

Aerosmith Cancelled Chile, October 25. New Date > Paraguay, Jockey Club, October 25

http://www.aeroforceone.com/

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #797 on: September 21, 2011, 09:20:03 PM »

AEROSMITH Bassist Issues New Album Update - Sep. 21, 2011

A new video message from AEROSMITH bassist Tom Hamilton about the progress of the recording sessions for the band's new studio album can be seen below.

Stated Tom: "We're at the point now where Jack [Douglas], our producer, and our engineer, Warren [Huart], are compiling all kinds of stuff from all summer, just taking all the bits and pieces that we recorded for the last two and a half months and assembling it, so we can then go and put more guitars on, and more vocals and whatever else we think [we may need to do]. . . I know I have a couple of little things to do before I'm done, but I'm mostly finished and I'm looking forward to the whole thing being put together and the vocals going on. Next spring, baby ? that's what we want. I know you've been waiting a long time; we've been waiting. We're excited. A lot of people that we know and trust who have come and heard what we're working on think we're doing something really cool. So I hope you'll think the same thing."
AEROSMITH entered guitarist Joe Perry's home studio (The Boneyard) in suburban Boston and the Pandora's Box (the band's main studio) in early July with producer Jack Douglas to begin recording its long-awaited 14th studio album. The CD will be AEROSMITH's first set of original material since 2001's "Just Push Play" and first studio offering since 2004's covers CD, "Honkin' On Bobo".

In a recent online posting, Douglas stated about AEROSMITH's new CD, "The new album should be out around May 2012. I know that's a long wait, but after the South American tour and Japan in October, November and December, we will just get back to work on it in mid-January."

He added, "For those who are asking, this album will be raw, nasty, tough rock with a good deal of the old AEROSMITH 'tongue in cheek.'"

In an earlier videotaped message that was released via AEROSMITH's official web site, Hamilton stated about re-teaming with Douglas, "For those of you who don't know who Jack is, he's the guy who we worked with, producing our best albums of the '70s ? 'Get Your Wings', 'Toys In The Attic' and 'Rocks'. And it's really gonna be cool, because there's no one that knows more about the soul of this band and the creative part of this band [than] Jack. We worked with him on [2004's covers CD] 'Honkin' On Bobo', but that wasn't all original material ? most of that was not original material. This time it's gonna be all-new AEROSMITH songs."

He continued, "When people say, 'What was it like to work with Jack back then?' all I can say is we just laughed the whole time; there was always laughter going on, and fun, but at the same time really digging deep to get performances that were even better than we thought we could do."

The plan to resume work on a new disc follows the completion of singer Steven Tyler's first season as a judge on "American Idol". The band, minus Perry, did get together for a week earlier this year in Los Angeles to work on new material.

AEROSMITH and Tyler almost went their separate ways in late 2009, but reunited and toured last year. However, Tyler then stunned his bandmates by taking the "Idol" job, which pushed back work on the already-delayed new record.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=163604

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #798 on: September 28, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »

New album in March.  And Steven Tyler performed at the iHeart Festival in Las Vegas this weekend.

Photos: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3836725/TV-rivals-Steven-Tyler-and-Nicole-Scherzinger-snog.html

Steven Tyler performing his new single with Nicole Scherzinger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBOr0HGCEnc

Sweet Emotion with Sting, Jeff Beck others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfDZbvoIP0

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #799 on: October 12, 2011, 04:20:33 PM »

Steven Tyler's Life-Changing Year

?I?m proud to be an all-American guy, but I?m not just that. Americans are face full-front. I?ve been all over the world and seen the outtakes that people do, not just the full front. I like music that?s not the norm. I?ve always dabbled in the non-normal. I like to take the abnormal and rub it in people?s faces. All I want to do is write a song that is so crazy out there and unmistakable and to get a new chorus that?s so good that no one can resist singing it.?

Interview here: http://bostoncommon-magazine.com/celebrities/articles/steven-tyler?page=1

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: