Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:16:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  'Guns N' Roses Tour Places Video Front & Center, and Director FOH'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Guns N' Roses Tour Places Video Front & Center, and Director FOH'  (Read 3876 times)
Waldorf
Headliner

« on: December 11, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »

Here's a great article about the stage, lighting, pyro and video of the current tour on http://www.plsn.com

While it's not surprising that the current Guns N' Roses world tour is a big old-fashioned three-guitar arena show with enough pyro to make you think you're in Boston on the Fourth of July, it's not the typical flash and trash lighting rig. And even though the increasing importance of video in rock shows is nothing new, this one stands out.

http://www.plsn.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6670&Itemid=40
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 06:55:18 PM »

cool, thanks for the link

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 07:02:05 PM »

Thanks for posting, that was a great insightful read!

Gotta love the last sentence  hihi

Wiseman has a definite opinion and Rose, to. "The guy has balls, and you can quote me on that. He spent the money to go large. He's out there singing his head off for three and a half hours every night. He's a mad genius."

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 07:46:12 PM »

Amazing to see how much work really goes into making this stage show so amazing.  Really impressive stuff.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 07:57:54 PM »

Nice one. Thanks for posting it.

Having seen those guys work every night, and put the show together, you can't help but be impressed.

I'm not just talking about the video, lights and so on, the whole production.

It's like a little army that comes in and makes the show happen.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 08:10:22 PM »

GN'R's current stage setup is easily the most digitally impressive, and uses more effects than any other GN'R stage. Seeing all the work the crew do just before GN'R come on is impressive, let alone the actual day of the show setting up the stage.

I remember a video not too long ago of Robin's, and currently DJ's guitar tech Chris Whitemeyer. And it showed all the hard work he did the day of the show, and it was unbelieveable. And I'm sure it's the same for all of the crew, probably even more so, for the crew setting the huge stage show up.

When I'm at a GN'R show, I always look up at the huge screens and speakers. And I think to myself, how amazing is it of the crew to be able move this equipment around the world, and set it up, night after night. And sometimes this involves no off day, for example the Birmingham and Manchester UK shows, where back to back nights.

Well done to all the techies in the GN'R camp, and all the labourers who actually set things up night after night.  ok
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:12:33 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 08:46:14 AM »

All but Rose pretty much stick to their places on stage, though Rose makes up for it. He's a non-stop speeding bullet, ricocheting around the stage so much that keeping the focus on him keeps everyone on their toes.

Wink

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »

These guy's are all top notch, thanks for the link...
As a foh guy myself I couldn't resist and post you a little shout out to the FOH guy's ...
Here what Andy loves on his 2buss and Axl's vocals. http://mindprint.de/cms.php?lang=en
and here's another one... http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/mix_engineer_andy_meyer_utilizing_venue_d_show_console_for_guns_n_roses_on_/
Cheers
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:01:20 AM by Z?phyr » Logged

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »

What a great article and interesting read. Thanks for sending. I love stuff like this. The things, the attention to details that are behind the scenes that actual make the show for what it is. For an actual show how long does it take to actually set it all up and take it all down down again?
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 12:37:53 PM »

I'm usually not one for production articles but that was actually a really good read. Thanks for posting  beer
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »

I detect from the articles that Axl's energy on stage means that the production crew really earn their dough.

From what I've seen this year particularly since the European second leg 'til now, the fact Axl's been in a mega good mood, would suggest that all aspect of the tour has been as tight as the show I saw @ the O2 on the 13th.  Yes there was a bug in the camp and all have suffered to some degree,  but it has been as good as it gets, why wouldn't they enjoy playing shows.

If the US tour goes ahead in 2011, they will be in for a treat if the last 6 months are anything to go by...

One final point, this is about people working and getting paid whilst attending a Guns n' f' Roses show, life is really great for some people.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »

That's an interesting article, thanks for posting.  This must be nice...

Shipley says the whole tour started with a designer's three favorite words: "Budget doesn't matter." "I was just told to design something really big," he says.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: