Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:28:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N Roses Having Trouble Selling Tickets for 2020 Tour
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses Having Trouble Selling Tickets for 2020 Tour  (Read 15999 times)
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 15, 2020, 03:56:58 AM »

https://gnrcentral.com/2020/02/12/axl-rose-guns-n-roses-having-trouble-selling-tickets-for-their-2020-summer-tour/
discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 09:12:15 AM »

I think the band are losing a lot of credibility once again and are no longer seen as a vital creative unit and rather a bit of a Vegas act. Most fans sentimental curiosity was satiated some time ago and it's really looking like
a cash grab which is sad. Hopefully the new chapter is a period of intense creative releases to combat that perception.

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 09:26:00 AM »

A show about five months away didn't sell out yet. Is that unheard of?

Don't think so.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 10:27:41 AM »

There's so many problems with this "article" I don't know where to begin. And no, I'm not a GnR apologist, but this is ridiculous. First, the headline is misleading, making it appear that it's an entire tour when it actually only sites one venue in Canada.

Second, the author is a dipshit. He/She is looking at resale tickets. In other words, the show is selling well above what the article attempts to convey. The people who bought those tickets and put them on the secondary market have not sold them but they were sold and purchased. That's a big difference.

In the end, the scumbag scalpers will sell those tickets - and hopefully they'll lose money on them when they do sell them.

I mean, don't let facts get in the way of your clickbait.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 11:06:56 AM »

There's so many problems with this "article" I don't know where to begin. And no, I'm not a GnR apologist, but this is ridiculous. First, the headline is misleading, making it appear that it's an entire tour when it actually only sites one venue in Canada.

Second, the author is a dipshit. He/She is looking at resale tickets. In other words, the show is selling well above what the article attempts to convey. The people who bought those tickets and put them on the secondary market have not sold them but they were sold and purchased. That's a big difference.

In the end, the scumbag scalpers will sell those tickets - and hopefully they'll lose money on them when they do sell them.

Yes!  Very well said.
I am a radio guy...
In it twenty years.

I am on the air...
Also active locally
In the music scene.

I’m in media.
I can’t stand most media!
What has it become!??

I was in news/talk
For eleven years of it...
It’s become all spin.

Facts and research?  Yes...
But only if they support
Preconceived notion.

Our credo was once
“Trust but verify.” Sadly,
I don’t trust much now.

This is not to say
That intentions are not good
Just...research things, kids!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »

Remember when headlines used to describe the actual article?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 11:25:17 AM »

Remember when headlines used to describe the actual article?  hihi

/jarmo

I certainly do!!!
You just summed up my whole post
In nine simple words!!  hihi

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2020, 12:57:47 AM »

I can't speak for other locations but the show here in Arlington is selling quite well for only on sale a week. The majority of the stands is sold. There are sections with several rows unsold yet but overall it is selling well. Only the floor has any full sections unsold.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 05:39:27 PM »

Price is a huge factor here. I expect a Groupon or some sort of ticket deal will be needed to really move seats for this one. The fans who really wanted to go, bought tickets right away. Anyone else, well, there are a lot of tours that come this way. Rage Against the Machine just sold out Toronto and Hamilton, and added a second Toronto date. Pearl Jam also sold out Toronto and Hamilton. For those not from Ontario, it's easy to get to either city, they're about an hour to 90 minutes apart.

You won't see a lot of spur-of-the-moment purchases on the night of the show with the prices they're listing.

"According to Ticketmaster, roughly two-thirds of the 48,217 tickets available for the July 13 concert at Rogers Centre remain unsold nearly one week after pre-sales began and three days after they went on sale to the general public.

As of Monday afternoon, roughly 60 percent of the $310.75 floor seats remain up for grabs and more than 80 percent of the cheapest tickets – seats on the 500 level priced at $108.50 – are unsold."

500 level tickets for over 100$ is insane, as is $310 floor tickets. I had general admission for the Rolling Stones last year for $250. The fucking Stones. No one should be charging more than them. This is pretty much on the promoters, not the band mind you.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 05:45:45 PM »

Price is absolutely the main factor for me.  For Wrigley Field, two decent seats cost *at least* $600.00, more if you want an aisle seat. I've gone on LiveNation a couple times and selected seats, but always stop short once I see all the fees tacked on.

If I'm spending the better part of a grand on a show, it better fucking be something special.  Other than flashing "the next chapter" on those promos, they've done very little else to indicate that's going to be the case.  Right now, they're acting like they're the Stones who can gouge prices...just because.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 05:56:59 PM »

Price is absolutely the main factor for me.  For Wrigley Field, two decent seats cost *at least* $600.00, more if you want an aisle seat. I've gone on LiveNation a couple times and selected seats, but always stop short once I see all the fees tacked on.

If I'm spending the better part of a grand on a show, it better fucking be something special.  Other than flashing "the next chapter" on those promos, they've done very little else to indicate that's going to be the case.  Right now, they're acting like they're the Stones who can gouge prices...just because.

1000%
rizzo160
VIP

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 08:30:18 PM »

It's expensive for tickets but I feel it is worth.  Nothing is guaranteed in life and who knows how long AXL's voice will hold up. I'm going on July 18 and am looking forward to it, no regrets.

Rizzo160
cineater
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 09:45:16 PM »

That's how much they are?  The Stones priced me out of their concert and while the Dead tickets are less, they priced my friends who weren't all that into them out of the concert.  I'm finding just when life is allowing me the time to go back to attending concerts, I've been priced out.  Hope you folks who go have a really good time.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 09:53:27 PM »

That's how much they are?  The Stones priced me out of their concert and while the Dead tickets are less, they priced my friends who weren't all that into them out of the concert.  I'm finding just when life is allowing me the time to go back to attending concerts, I've been priced out.  Hope you folks who go have a really good time.

Yeah, that’s where we’re at now unfortunately. And while rich boomers can pay that kind of dough for The Stones and The Who, I’m not sure what GNR are doing charging that much. Hopefully they announce “something” soon that makes paying that much make a little more sense.
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 12:09:55 AM »

500 level tickets for over 100$ is insane, as is $310 floor tickets. I had general admission for the Rolling Stones last year for $250. The fucking Stones. No one should be charging more than them. This is pretty much on the promoters, not the band mind you.

Aside from the occasional Pearl Jam or RATM, I don't hear bands protesting too much.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2020, 01:22:22 AM »

Yeah, that’s where we’re at now unfortunately. And while rich boomers can pay that kind of dough for The Stones and The Who, I’m not sure what GNR are doing charging that much. Hopefully they announce “something” soon that makes paying that much make a little more sense.

Wait, I'm a boomer and so are my friends.  We're not paying those prices.  We blame the fucking millennials for throwing money around instead of paying off that large student debt they ran up.  hihi 

I don't think it's the people buying driving up the price, they're the victim of the crime.  I don't think it's anyone entity that caused the problem.  Too many in on the pot and everybody looking to make a profit.  I wouldn't even say the profit to anyone group is all that extraordinary.  Don't really know but they've lost my business.  Wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing crashes and burns like the record companies did.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 04:24:55 AM »

Wait, I'm a boomer and so are my friends.  We're not paying those prices.  We blame the fucking millennials for throwing money around instead of paying off that large student debt they ran up.  hihi 

I don't think it's the people buying driving up the price, they're the victim of the crime.  I don't think it's anyone entity that caused the problem.  Too many in on the pot and everybody looking to make a profit.  I wouldn't even say the profit to anyone group is all that extraordinary.  Don't really know but they've lost my business.  Wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing crashes and burns like the record companies did.
The first mistake was allowing a monopoly when George H.W. Bush allowed Ticketmaster to buy Tickettron.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 07:11:30 AM »

I feel the same - I'm absolutely priced out by so many concerts now. I look back to when I was younger and realise how lucky I was- price was never an issue. Logistics was- I grew up in a remote place- but I never remember thinking 'that concert is just too expensive for me'. Now it's common, and I miss so many concerts simply because of the money. I've been replaced by the wealthy elite and those that don't care as much but have cash to throw around. You can see them at concerts, heads down on their mobile phone, chatting away to their pals. But they've got money, so everything is a-ok. And the sad thing is that those sorts of people are who bands now want to pay for- people like me, who eat sleep and breath music aren't wanted.

I've felt quite passionately about it for a long time now, and ALMOST come to terms with it- that live music, on a big scale, is a playground for the rich. I try and see the positives in that; going out to see new bands who don't feel the need to charge insane prices, and spending my money in other ways.

The problem is though, when these people with money who don't really care about what they're seeing move on, the band will struggle. And I think that's what I see happening now with these GNR shows. The rich, the 'picture for instagram holding a beer and wearing a bandana' crowd, don't care, and have moved on, which really just leaves people like you and I.....who find ourselves wanting to see bands we love, but being priced out.

People inevitably come up with 'oh it's a free-market' 'it's capitalist', 'bands charge what people will pay' and 'look what other bands are charging' etc. and I know ALL those arguments, but it doesn't make it any more OK in my view.

Who is to blame? Greed, people who believe music isn't something you should have to pay for (therefore encouraging bands to charge insane prices to claw back money) and, as another poster said, the monopoly that is Ticketmaster.

Will it change? Nah. Financial inequality gets bigger each and every day, and bands will continue to tap into this. Poor kids to the back, rich kids to the front.

Sorry- sounds like a bit of a rant!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 07:47:19 AM »

Looks like The Rolling Stones didn't instantly sell out all their shows. Will this cause headlines?

/jarmo

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 09:31:41 AM »

Looks like The Rolling Stones didn't instantly sell out all their shows. Will this cause headlines?

/jarmo

It literally did, yes. And price was also cited as a concern.

https://wben.radio.com/articles/still-plenty-of-rolling-stones-tickets-on-the-market

There is a lot of competition this year, perhaps more than usual for rock fans.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: