Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:26:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1565025 times)
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4400 on: January 27, 2015, 12:20:14 AM »

Buckethead is the greatest instrumentalist to have ever been in that band. There is no end to his creativity.

Technically the best ever

Stage presence, playing live.  Number 2

Melody writing, song writing, solo writing.   That's a tough one, would rank him 3 all time.   

All in all my fav guitar player, but that's just my thoughts

Hope to hear some new stuff by this band so I can say the above about them
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4401 on: January 27, 2015, 12:44:02 AM »

Some of his Youtube clips are just nuts.  Such versatility.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #4402 on: January 27, 2015, 06:58:46 AM »

Jarmo have you got an inside scoop on if another album to due this year?

Bow!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4403 on: January 27, 2015, 08:34:57 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

But it's January, I wouldn't rule out 2015 just yet.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4404 on: January 27, 2015, 09:50:58 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

True.  Keep in mind, in Jan 2008, the most optimistic news we had is when Axl said he'd share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead, eluding to a release that year. 

It all comes down to where they are with things.  If the album is just being wrapped up and mixed/mastered right now, of course 2015 is possible.  However, if more recording and tinkering with the tracks is planned for this year, I don't think it's in the cards.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #4405 on: January 27, 2015, 10:38:15 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

True.  Keep in mind, in Jan 2008, the most optimistic news we had is when Axl said he'd share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead, eluding to a release that year. 

It all comes down to where they are with things.  If the album is just being wrapped up and mixed/mastered right now, of course 2015 is possible.  However, if more recording and tinkering with the tracks is planned for this year, I don't think it's in the cards.

Very true.  There wasn't a ton of advance notice the last time around.  I'd imagine it would be the same this time too.  Anything's possible.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4406 on: January 27, 2015, 10:41:52 AM »

I think the business itself is way more capable of rush releases and such things now than say in 2008.

And I don't mean that they only do this when tracks leak (like what happened to Madonna). But that it could be planned to have something out in a shorter time span than what it took years ago.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4407 on: January 27, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

Very true.  There wasn't a ton of advance notice the last time around.  I'd imagine it would be the same this time too.  Anything's possible.

Exactly. Personally, I'm not waiting around for some grand announcement pledging 2015 to be the year of the next GNR album either.  That happened several times throughout 2006, and we all know how that ended.  As I've said before, I'd love to see the album just fuckin' drop, with a blitz of promotion once it's real and on our collective stereos.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4408 on: January 27, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »

I think the business itself is way more capable of rush releases and such things now than say in 2008.

And I don't mean that they only do this when tracks leak (like what happened to Madonna). But that it could be planned to have something out in a shorter time span than what it took years ago.

/jarmo

Agreed.  I'ts amazing how much has changed in 6 short years in the music biz.  So many big name artists have very little to no promotion leading up to an album release, having it come later once the music is out.  I'd love to see Guns take that approach.
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #4409 on: January 27, 2015, 10:48:31 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

Exactly. Personally, I'm not waiting around for some grand announcement pledging 2015 to be the year of the next GNR album either.  That happened several times throughout 2006, and we all know how that ended.  As I've said before, I'd love to see the album just fuckin' drop, with a blitz of promotion once it's real and on our collective stereos.

This.  I think it would also be cool if they released a single first.  Even if they didn?t announce a release date, but just put a song out there.  That would generate some intrigue and attention for sure.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4410 on: January 27, 2015, 10:52:23 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

This.  I think it would also be cool if they released a single first.  Even if they didn?t announce a release date, but just put a song out there.  That would generate some intrigue and attention for sure.

I would agree.  Having a strong first single or 3 song E.P. available on itunes and their website to announce the album wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

The General
Soul Monster
Atlas Shrugged

Imagine if those tracks just appeared on itunes along with a press release with Axl commenting on said tracks.  Holy Fuck...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:55:20 AM by sofine11 » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4411 on: January 27, 2015, 10:58:28 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

It would have been good for us yes. I wouldn't want them to do that without a firm plan to release the album though. It could easily backfire if they were to release a single now, and then the album is nowhere to be seen for the rest of the year. The bad press would be flowing in, overshadowing however good the single might be.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4412 on: January 27, 2015, 11:01:40 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

It would have been good for us yes. I wouldn't want them to do that without a firm plan to release the album though. It could easily backfire if they were to release a single now, and then the album is nowhere to be seen for the rest of the year. The bad press would be flowing in, overshadowing however good the single might be.

Well yeah, obviously in this make-believe scenario, the single or e.p. wouldn't drop until plans for the full album release were finalized.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4413 on: January 27, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

Well yeah, obviously in this make-believe scenario, the single or e.p. wouldn't drop until plans for the full album release were finalized.

However, if they are uncertain about the release date at the moment, I wouldn't mind a Lies-type release to bridge the gap for the full album. I guess Lies classifies as an EP?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Ginger King
VIP

« Reply #4414 on: January 27, 2015, 11:06:19 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

Yeah, but a new song gives a lot more indication of a new album than a cryptic twitter pic.  People are going to complain regardless of what direction they choose (I believe the kids say, haters gonna hate).  I?m less concerned about their opinions and more concerned about hearing new music.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4415 on: January 27, 2015, 11:07:14 AM »

No scoop, sorry.

/jarmo

However, if they are uncertain about the release date at the moment, I wouldn't mind a Lies-type release to bridge the gap for the full album. I guess Lies classifies as an EP?

Lies was useful in that it tied over fans between Appetite and the Illusions albums in 88 & 89.  I wouldn't mind getting three badass tracks right now to hold us over, if in fact, the plan is to do more recording this year, making a full album release not entirely possible.  But if, like I said earlier, they're mixing/mastering the full album as we speak, this scenario may not be likely, as in an E.P.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4416 on: January 27, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »

Big time.

Not that the band could touch the impact of a Taylor Swift in today's landscape, she put out 'Shake It Off' 2 months before the album came out.  Who didn't know that song by then?  I'm hardly suggesting Axl is going to drop some big time hit, but it sure wouldn't hurt to establish something on the radio first.

And maybe this time, release something without a long, brooding one minute intro.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4417 on: January 27, 2015, 11:16:46 AM »

Agreed D-X. Especially regarding a lead single that doesn't have a 1 minute Pink Floyd-esque intro (And I love that track). 

However, Rock radio is in a weird place right now.  Even the Alternative stations in Chicago have kind of mellowed out, and I'm not sure even a rather catchy Guns N' Roses track would get that much traction in 2015.  Hozier, Monsters & Men, Mumford & Sons, Bleachers...Guns N' Roses?  Not sure about that. And it's a fuckin' shame. 

Maybe Going Down would get some airplay with Axl on vocals, however.  I could see that...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4418 on: January 27, 2015, 11:19:04 AM »

Most of the rock radio around here is not current.

We have one rock station that plays both current and classic, but it sure seems to lean towards classic.  Others are all classic.

However, if Axl actually put something out, it could conceivably be a part of a block or double shot.  WTTJ and some new song, perhaps.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4419 on: January 27, 2015, 11:22:46 AM »

Most of the rock radio around here is not current.

We have one rock station that plays both current and classic, but it sure seems to lean towards classic.  Others are all classic.

However, if Axl actually put something out, it could conceivably be a part of a block or double shot.  WTTJ and some new song, perhaps.

Same here. Our biggest classic rock station, 97.9 The Loop, plays like 80% Roth era Van Halen and Rush.  Two bands I rather dislike.  Peppered with old school Aerosmith and WTTJ and Paradise city, if I'm lucky enough to catch them.  Not even AC DC's newest singles got paid any attention.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: