Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:04:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1577103 times)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4440 on: January 27, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »

MTV rarely plays music videos, let alone rock videos.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #4441 on: January 27, 2015, 01:31:01 PM »

I read with great interest a number of posts in this thread about the possibility of a surprise drop release.

I cannot even begin to express how fuckin amazing this would be and would mean that the new album would not suffer in any way from the hassles that chinese suffered from.

I also thing the media buzz would be incredibly intense; someone mentioned earlier about a video going viral, well imo a surprise release would be the perfect way to achieve this end.

No waiting, (hopefully) no leaks, just balls out, in your face, Guns n fuckin roses.

Holy shit....a man can dream

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4442 on: January 27, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »

So, what's your hope in regards to guitar solo's on the new songs? Shredding or classic, pentatonic scale solo's?

Personally I think Buckethead brought in the perfect balance between the two of them. He probably brought in the most innovative and interesting guitar sound to GNR.

Bumblefoot relies a bit much on the shredding for my taste (the 14 Years live solo as an example, his take didn't benefit the song imo. Sometimes (most of the time) less is more). Technically he's flawless.

Robin can produce some real soulful stuff, and I hope he stays on the old new stuff as I'm excited to hear more of his playing in the studio.

Dj has the old-school vibe and is capable of some good solos in the rocker songs I think.

Richard, probably my favorite guitar player in GNR. Do you think he'll get any soloing on the new stuff?

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #4443 on: January 27, 2015, 01:33:53 PM »

I read with great interest a number of posts in this thread about the possibility of a surprise drop release.

I cannot even begin to express how fuckin amazing this would be and would mean that the new album would not suffer in any way from the hassles that chinese suffered from.

I also thing the media buzz would be incredibly intense; someone mentioned earlier about a video going viral, well imo a surprise release would be the perfect way to achieve this end.

No waiting, (hopefully) no leaks, just balls out, in your face, Guns n fuckin roses.

Holy shit....a man can dream

Still going to require at least a nudge from the man himself.

Holed up in the bunker is no good.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4444 on: January 27, 2015, 01:40:47 PM »

There's a chance just seeing Axl in a music video for the first time in over 20 years is reason enough for a video to go viral.  Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4445 on: January 27, 2015, 01:42:56 PM »

This is more of a general thought, and I wonder what you guys think.

Is it maybe time to deputize some of these other guys in the band, so that they might do some press?  Face it, Axl hates it.  But the others are largely useless because people don't know who they are to begin with, and they rarely have anything to say about the band they are actually in.

Well, no time like the present to fix both, right?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4446 on: January 27, 2015, 01:44:23 PM »

On youtube they'll get paid through advertisement I would think. As for helping record sales, probably not.

I just checked. There's ways Youtube videos can make money. For example through Vevo, which pays artists. Or you add links to your web store into the video, and generate sales that way. And so on.

As for my original question, I had popularity in mind, not sales.

The only way to reach beyond your own fans is if the video goes viral.

/jarmo

If you have a hit song.   Fans will search out all means to hear and see that song.  Thats when a video becomes popular these days
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4447 on: January 27, 2015, 01:47:18 PM »

If you have a hit song.   Fans will search out all means to hear and see that song.  Thats when a video becomes popular these days

You are also going to have to go somewhere and play it.

A late night show, some event.  Something.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4448 on: January 27, 2015, 01:48:48 PM »

You are also going to have to go somewhere and play it.

A late night show, some event.  Something.

Love it

Guns have never played saturday night live.   What a perfect way to drop two new songs
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #4449 on: January 27, 2015, 01:50:17 PM »

Is it maybe time to deputize some of these other guys in the band, so that they might do some press?  Face it, Axl hates it.  But the others are largely useless because people don't know who they are to begin with, and they rarely have anything to say about the band they are actually in.

The only time i see band members talk about gnr is when they are out promoting there side projects

I would love to see tommy do a press run promoting the band
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4450 on: January 27, 2015, 01:52:51 PM »

I think it's a result of how the band operates and puts together music. We have already established that they are rarely in the same room coming up with stuff, but rather with one or two of the other members, or alone. Then Axl sits in the studio piecing the whole thing together, with the help of Caram.

Based on the info the guys in the band are sitting on, I think they have spoken out about it in interviews, giving us some insight. Dj about the demos he has produced and the stuff Axl already have recorded. Dizzy about the state of development. Richard about Axl recording new stuff.

Let's see when release time comes, if they will be more active in the press talking about the actual songs on the album and how they came about. I agree there weren't loads of information about Chinese coming from the band members in 2008, and that's sad for the fans.

Axl did do the forum chats where he was pretty much open for any question about the release. I think that was real nice.

Sweetness is a virtue
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« Reply #4451 on: January 27, 2015, 02:01:50 PM »

Jarmo have you got an inside scoop on if another album to due this year?

No scoop, sorry.

But it's January, I wouldn't rule out 2015 just yet.

Fair enough dude.

/jarmo

Bow!
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4452 on: January 27, 2015, 02:18:37 PM »

So, what's your hope in regards to guitar solo's on the new songs? Shredding or classic, pentatonic scale solo's?

Personally I think Buckethead brought in the perfect balance between the two of them. He probably brought in the most innovative and interesting guitar sound to GNR.

Bumblefoot relies a bit much on the shredding for my taste (the 14 Years live solo as an example, his take didn't benefit the song imo. Sometimes (most of the time) less is more). Technically he's flawless.

Robin can produce some real soulful stuff, and I hope he stays on the old new stuff as I'm excited to hear more of his playing in the studio.

Dj has the old-school vibe and is capable of some good solos in the rocker songs I think.

Richard, probably my favorite guitar player in GNR. Do you think he'll get any soloing on the new stuff?

I would imagine that the guitar work on the next album will be very similar to Chinese, since the bulk of the players on it are the same. 

Obviously, Bucket & Robin were the standouts on Chinese Democracy, so hearing more from both of them would be very welcome. 

I'm curious to see what DJ can bring to the table, but having heard none of the songs he's written for Guns, or his additions to older tracks, my interest stops at mild curiosity.

Ron I can take or leave.  His fretless work on Chinese & Shackler's was cool, but those are the only real standouts from him on the album.  Hearing him noodle here and there over songs Bucket, Paul & Robin wrote likely wont make or break any songs for me.

Richard...man...I know he's credited on some tracks on Chinese, but for the life of me I still cannot make out what parts are his.  I would hope he would get a solo or two on the next album showcasing his chops, as in the current lineup, he is by and far the most soulful and talented guitar player.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4453 on: January 27, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »

Yes, Richard has said he's comfortable being the rhythm guitar player, but man, his abilities warrants some lead work as well on the record.

Crossing my fingers.

BTW, in the recent Richard video from Australia, he mentioned that he wrote the chorus part of Better, the guitar part during "Now I know you better, You know I know better, Now I know you better". (If you wanted to know some of his parts on Chinese).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:27:16 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4454 on: January 27, 2015, 02:27:08 PM »

Yes, Richard has said he's comfortable being the rhythm guitar player, but man, his abilities warrants some lead work as well on the record.

Crossing my fingers.

Agreed.  He was brought in initially to replace Paul, so for the first couple of tours I guess it made sense he took a backseat to Robin/Bucket/Bumble.  But man, so much time has gone by since then.  It's time they let him sit at the big kids table.  yes
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4455 on: January 27, 2015, 02:33:07 PM »

BTW, in the recent Richard video from Australia, he mentioned that he wrote the chorus part of Better, the guitar part during "Now I know you better, You know I know better, Now I know you better". (If you wanted to know some of his parts on Chinese).

I did read that, and yes, it was way cool to hear that he contributed that to the album.  Does anyone know what year Better was recorded?  It had to have been while Bucket was recording with the band 2000-2003, but considering Richard didn't join until mid 2002, and they toured through the end of the year, that leaves 2003.  I didn't realize they were that busy that year.  Can anyone confirm when the song was put together?
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4456 on: January 27, 2015, 02:35:53 PM »

I did read that, and yes, it was way cool to hear that he contributed that to the album.  Does anyone know what year Better was recorded?  It had to have been while Bucket was recording with the band 2000-2003, but considering Richard didn't join until mid 2002, and they toured through the end of the year, that leaves 2003.  I didn't realize they were that busy that year.  Can anyone confirm when the song was put together?

Hard to say. It's a Robin song. Could have existed in some form pre-2000, and Richard and Bucket added to it in the 2002-2003 period.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #4457 on: January 27, 2015, 02:45:51 PM »

Richard...man...I know he's credited on some tracks on Chinese, but for the life of me I still cannot make out what parts are his.  I would hope he would get a solo or two on the next album showcasing his chops, as in the current lineup, he is by and far the most soulful and talented guitar player.

I never know what to make of this.  Because its not just you, many give him that tag.

But I agree with you.  I don't see too many instances for him to shine, individually.

So...what's all this praise based on then?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #4458 on: January 27, 2015, 02:47:10 PM »

As for the question on Better, when was it made? It would have been cool for the fans to learn a bit of inside stuff regarding the songs.

This is why I would've loved a book or a documentary about that particular era of Guns, 1997-2004. I think there was a whole lot of creativity going on, people hanging out in the studio at all times during the day, working on different things, trying to figure out new riffs and melodies. Axl coming by, giving his input. I think that was a cool environment to be a part of, although nothing was released. Smiley

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #4459 on: January 27, 2015, 02:49:24 PM »

I never know what to make of this.  Because its not just you, many give him that tag.

But I agree with you.  I don't see too many instances for him to shine, individually.

So...what's all this praise based on then?

His live performances, no doubt.  His November Rain solo pops to mind as a big stand out for me.  He seems more concerned with giving his playing his all and not pandering to the crowd nonstop like a professional wrestler...unlike someone...
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: