Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2012 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Fantasy Football  (Read 13399 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: August 12, 2012, 07:34:28 PM »

Well the time is fast approaching, so I went and renewed the league.  All returning members should be receiving an e-mail asking to rejoin.  Feel free to go ahead and do so.  If you wish not to, no hard feelings.  If any newcomers would like to join.  Here's the relevant info.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/shacklersrevenge

League ID#:     479364

Password:     china

Draft Time:    Tue Aug 28 10:00pm EDT

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 11:15:17 PM »

I'm ready to defend my title!  btw, the prize for last season's championship is pictured under Faldor's screen name...and she's still working on that Bomb Pop!  Smiley
God bless her!  and bless Faldor for introducing us to her.
 beer

Last year ya'll let me have Stafford in Round 8 or 9...thanks guys!  Can ya do that again for me!??   hihi

Good luck all! 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »

I'm ready to defend my title!  btw, the prize for last season's championship is pictured under Faldor's screen name...and she's still working on that Bomb Pop!  Smiley
 beer

Last year ya'll let me have Stafford in Round 8 or 9...thanks guys!  Can ya do that again for me!??   hihi

Good luck all! 

That kind of pick is what wins championships.  Stafford is more likely to go with the 8th or 9th PICK this year. 

We need one more team to round out the league.  I sent Sandman a message since he hasn't signed up yet.  He's been in the league every year I believe, so hopefully he can join in.  We need an even number of teams in order to draft.  Right now we have 13.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 08:57:04 PM »

beer

Good luck all! 

That kind of pick is what wins championships.  Stafford is more likely to go with the 8th or 9th PICK this year. 

We need one more team to round out the league.  I sent Sandman a message since he hasn't signed up yet.  He's been in the league every year I believe, so hopefully he can join in.  We need an even number of teams in order to draft.  Right now we have 13.

Forget Stafford...I'm drafting the chick who's in the pic under your screen name!   hihi
u guys don't want Stafford, he just hurt his left hand tonight...let him plummet to the deepest depths of the draft for me now.  Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 01:54:56 AM »

beer

Good luck all! 

Forget Stafford...I'm drafting the chick who's in the pic under your screen name!   hihi
u guys don't want Stafford, he just hurt his left hand tonight...let him plummet to the deepest depths of the draft for me now.  Wink
Kate Upton would be a welcomed addition to any fantasy (team)!  drool

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 11:02:12 PM »

Alright, we should be locked in and ready to go for the draft on Tuesday night after Sandman signed in this morning.  I locked the league so no other teams could enter, so we stay at an even 14 teams.  I changed the roster requirements from 3 starting WR's to 2, with 1 flex spot of WR/RB/TE.  Is that alright with everyone?  We can change it back if need be.  We've had 3 WR's in the past.  I thought we had 2 more teams than we've ever had, but we actually had 14 a few years back.  I thought 42 starting WR's might be a bit much for a 14 team league, but we have done it before.  I'm fine either way.  Any thoughts, concerns?

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 11:26:38 PM »

Just a quick recap as we enter the 5th season of the HTGTH vs. GNRevo league.

2008 - 1st place regular season - Nugdafied (GNRevo)
Playoff champ - Nugdfied (GNRevo)

2009 - 1st place regular season HTGTH division and overall #1 seed - Mr. Brownstone
1st place regular season GNRevo division, #2 seed - CC's Gold Medals
Playoff champ - Estranged Eagles (HTGTH)

2010 - 1st place regular season GNRevo division and overall #1 seed - FlashFlood
1st place regular season HTGTH division, #2 seed - Estranged Eagles
Playoff champ - FlashFlood (GNRevo)

2011 - 1st place regular season GNRevo division and overall #1 seed - Fire Jerry Angelo
Playoff champ - Maria Sharapova (HTGTH)

Estranged Eagles has had quite the run the last 3 years, 1 championship and 2 division winners.  GNRevo has had a different winner each year.  Nugdafied won the first year and went off into retirement, but returns this season.  Nugdafied and FlashFlood are the only 2 teams to win both the regular season title and championship in the same season, quite the feat in fantasy.  Each site has won the title twice, who breaks the tie this season?

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »

Damn..the draft was tonight, i thought it was thursday for some reason. I guess I read it wrong. My team sucks but i'll try to compete anyway.  hihi

Edit: I just saw Andrew Luck and assumed it sucked cuz i didnt draft it. Its actually not that bad.  rofl Next time i'll actually look at the team.....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:23:18 PM by Sober_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 11:37:55 PM »

Damn..the draft was tonight, i thought it was thursday for some reason. I guess I read it wrong. My team sucks but i'll try to compete anyway.  hihi

Edit: I just saw Andrew Luck and assumed it sucked cuz i didnt draft it. Its actually not that bad.  rofl Next time i'll actually look at the team.....
I think you have one of the highest projected point totals for week 1, for whatever that's worth.  Sometimes auto-drafting can pay off.  I often overthink things instead of going by the book.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 10:57:38 PM »

Just a quick recap as we enter the 5th season of the HTGTH vs. GNRevo league.

2008 - 1st place regular season - Nugdafied (GNRevo)
Playoff champ - Nugdfied (GNRevo)

2009 - 1st place regular season HTGTH division and overall #1 seed - Mr. Brownstone
1st place regular season GNRevo division, #2 seed - CC's Gold Medals
Playoff champ - Estranged Eagles (HTGTH)

2010 - 1st place regular season GNRevo division and overall #1 seed - FlashFlood
Playoff champ - FlashFlood (GNRevo)

2011 - 1st place regular season GNRevo division and overall #1 seed - Fire Jerry Angelo
Playoff champ - Maria Sharapova (HTGTH)

Estranged Eagles has had quite the run the last 3 years, 1 championship and 2 division winners.  GNRevo has had a different winner each year.  Nugdafied won the first year and went off into retirement, but returns this season.  Nugdafied and FlashFlood are the only 2 teams to win both the regular season title and championship in the same season, quite the feat in fantasy.  Each site has won the title twice, who breaks the tie this season?

Damn, just noticed my 2007 HTGTH Championship came before it became a dual-board league!  It's like winning the last NFL Championship before Super Bowl I.   Sad
Oh well, time to go for back-to-back championships!   beer

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 01:23:15 AM »

Quick question regarding another team of mine.  Trent Richardson or Toby Gerhart tomorrow?  I also have Adrian Peterson, but I'm not expecting he'll play much.  Richardson is questionable but has seemed to improve each day this week.  The Browns are home against the Eagles.  Vikings are home against the Jags.

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 02:49:50 AM »

Quick question regarding another team of mine.  Trent Richardson or Toby Gerhart tomorrow?  I also have Adrian Peterson, but I'm not expecting he'll play much.  Richardson is questionable but has seemed to improve each day this week.  The Browns are home against the Eagles.  Vikings are home against the Jags.

Wow, when you look at it, that is a tough one. If reports are accurate AP is not playing much and Gerhart should get some carries inside the 10. The jags defense was top 10 against the run last year though, not sure if they have similar personnel though. Richardson faces the eagles but he has both Jackson and Hardesty that could steal a majority of carries while they ease him back in. I don't think either one will score all that much, but who gives the best chance? Gerhart because AP will be slowly brought back, their rb depth chart isn't as deep as Clevelands, and Gerhart is definitely their goal to go guy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 02:51:55 AM by Sober_times » Logged

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 12:26:30 PM »

I've been going back and forth on it all week.  The latest is that AP is starting and may be getting a 50/50 share with Gerhart.  I think in both cases it'll come down to how AP and Trent feel and look early on.  The leash will be short.  But Richardson IS starting.  Toby is not.  So I have to go with the starter, right?  Although, Toby could be finishing, and Trent may not.   confused

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 09:14:29 AM »

I've gotten a few complaints about waivers starting every Thursday (1st game of the week).  I could change it if the demand is there, to Game Time - Tuesday.  Meaning, once a game kicks off, players involved in that game go onto waivers.  Thus, guys playing late Sunday or Monday would still be available up until their kickoffs.  I've got 3 votes to change so far.  I need a few more at least.

Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 01:00:28 AM »

I vote for the change, simply because if there is a game time decision or a player regulated to out on friday or saturday you are not able to possibly pick up a last minute replacement.

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 10:05:35 AM »

Alright, I think I have enough votes to implement the change.  I haven't heard any opposing votes, so I'll go ahead and make the change for next week.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »

I made the dumbest lineup decision on my life this past weekend. In my main league, I benched Denver's defense Sunday morning in favor of Cleveland's defense after hearing RGIII wasn't going to play. Denver scored 14 points on my bench. Cleveland? A big fat zero. I lost by .6 of a point.

I played Cleveland in our HTGTH vs. GNRevo league, too, but I would've lost in that league regardless. (There goes my hope of making it to the championship for what would've been the 4th year in a row.) Good luck to Axl4Prez next week. Represent the best GNR board on the net!

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 08:22:37 PM »

I made the dumbest lineup decision on my life this past weekend. In my main league, I benched Denver's defense Sunday morning in favor of Cleveland's defense after hearing RGIII wasn't going to play. Denver scored 14 points on my bench. Cleveland? A big fat zero. I lost by .6 of a point.

I played Cleveland in our HTGTH vs. GNRevo league, too, but I would've lost in that league regardless. (There goes my hope of making it to the championship for what would've been the 4th year in a row.) Good luck to Axl4Prez next week. Represent the best GNR board on the net!

My team's like the fucking Bad News Bears!  A true no-name team.  '07, '11...how about a '12 Championship to add to the mantle!!!!!!!   
 peace
Thanks for the well-wishes Gilee.  beer

btw, you're not the only one to fuck up in their other leagues.
I was fucking cursed as Mathews broke his clavicle...Torrey Smith got a concussion without even being hit by a player (turf got him)...and I was up against The Polish Cannon Janikowski who gave my opponent 25 fantasy points!!!!!!!  I lost by 3!!!!!!!  How's that for a nice kick in the ballz!!!  Ha!   hihi
Better luck next year I hope.  Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 10:19:10 PM »

Yeah, Ryan Matthews is the newest addition to my permanent shit list. Two of the three years he's been in the league, I've drafted him. I'm not going to make that mistake anymore.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 10:50:27 PM »

Yeah, Ryan Matthews is the newest addition to my permanent shit list. Two of the three years he's been in the league, I've drafted him. I'm not going to make that mistake anymore.

That mo-fo killed me this year.
The worst part about him is that he's talented as hell.  It would be one thing if he didn't produce and that was that...he teases ya with the promise of becoming a 100+, with a td per week kind of guy.  Problem is, the Bolts can't run block for shit.
My prob is I have him signed on my team through 2014 in my dynasty league.  I can cut him, but then I'll eat a bit of a cap hit.

Sad

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 04:41:23 PM »

Congrats to Neemo!  Sharapova exceeded expectations just making it to the Championship game...but the congratulatory hookers go to Neemo this year.
I left 'em in fairly good shape for you Neemo!  They've had a year to rest.  Wink

peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: