Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227881 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Steven Adler Interiview [Mentions Meeting Axl Again]  (Read 60390 times)
rube
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: February 21, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »

G N? R: Substitute Rock Reunion?

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily

Hating life because the Van Halen dudes aren?t touring after all? Don?t slit your wrists just yet. You might have another nostalgic hair-metal reunion to lose your shit over (in a good way). According to reports, we may just have a Guns N?Roses confab to look forward to. Word is that original GN?R drummer Steven Adler had a long conversation with Axl recently and suggested getting the old crew back together. Axl didn?t explicitly agree ? according to Adler, he merely giggled and grinned ? but he also didn?t fly into a possessed rage. Adler also claims to have been in talks with Slash, Duff and Izzy, all of whom are allegedly ready to bury the guillotine ? er, hatchet with Rose.

?We resolved a lot of sh-t,? Adler revealed. ?I said, ?You know the five of us have to get back together! That?s when it will really take off again! Nothing will be bigger.?

We know what Adler stands to gain from the reunion, but what about the guys who proclaimed Axl was their sworn enemy and filed the paperwork to prove it? Perhaps things with their current fearsome leader Scott Weiland aren?t all wine and roses after all? Better the devil you know folks?better the devil you know.

-- Lauren Gitlin

Changing peoples' lives to be more like mine.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #261 on: February 21, 2007, 06:35:45 PM »

Also mentioned and linked at USAToday.com today as well.  Ridiculous how these unfounded rumors keep popping up.  We can all talk about it more once this thread finds it's way to the "Ex-Gunners" section with the other Adler-interview threads...   beer
DaBrookman
« Reply #262 on: February 21, 2007, 07:17:41 PM »

Again, the rumor-mill gets out of control.? USA Today has a link today about a possible reunion, again all based upon Adler's comments...

Ridiculous.

Yeah, this shit IS getting ridiculous! As a journalist, I understand these writers' intent, they have to turn shit in, but they are sensationalizing it and taking it out of context a bit much. I don't think it's cool that they're throwing Slash and Duff's name in with that of the particularly interested parties, I doubt they're in a place to even consider it. Axl, too, of course for that matter...
sthrndixiecwgrl
Opening Act

« Reply #263 on: February 22, 2007, 03:52:32 PM »

The original GN'R drummer - Steve Adler - has stated on his MySpace blog (http://blog.myspace.com/stevenadlersappetite) that the original GNR members will be getting back together and that Axl has agreed to it. It was well known to ALL GN'R fans that Axl was the one that fired Adler due to his excessive drug use. In an interview with MTV (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1534896/20060622/index.jhtml?headlines=true) Slash has stated that "I have, in the foreseeable future, no re-involvement with that band whatsoever." Also Slash stated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses#Legacy) on VH1's Behind The Music: "No matter how much money they throw in our faces, there's no reason for us to get together...unless there's a mutual respect or understanding...and we're way far from that." This right here is proof enough that Adler is still on drugs and that a reunion of the original 5 GN'R members will NEVER happen if it does it will be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt.

Guns N' Roses Fan since Spring 1992
Stone Temple Pilot Fan since Spring 1994
Velvet Revolver Fan since Spring 2006
If you add me to messenger please email me and let me know that you added me.
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2007, 03:56:55 PM »

how many topics do we need about this?
everyone knows adler has been living in this dream world for the past 17 years, and he switches between criticising axl and praising him, why does this guy even get attention anymore? he is too fucked up and dumb to even realize axl's grin was axl trying to restrain himself from laughing out loud at the guy.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2007, 03:58:16 PM »

The original GN'R drummer - Steve Adler - has stated on his MySpace blog (http://blog.myspace.com/stevenadlersappetite) that the original GNR members will be getting back together and that Axl has agreed to it. It was well known to ALL GN'R fans that Axl was the one that fired Adler due to his excessive drug use. In an interview with MTV (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1534896/20060622/index.jhtml?headlines=true) Slash has stated that "I have, in the foreseeable future, no re-involvement with that band whatsoever." Also Slash stated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N'_Roses#Legacy) on VH1's Behind The Music: "No matter how much money they throw in our faces, there's no reason for us to get together...unless there's a mutual respect or understanding...and we're way far from that." This right here is proof enough that Adler is still on drugs and that a reunion of the original 5 GN'R members will NEVER happen if it does it will be Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Matt.

"...It don't really matter..."
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2007, 03:58:38 PM »

Are you happy about it?

"...It don't really matter..."
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:10 PM »

Another topic about this?  Roll Eyes

You really know who's Maradona!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »

This is really a dead horse topic. ? Roll Eyes
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:31 PM »

Wasn't your ass banned? Roll Eyes
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2007, 04:00:01 PM »

Whose ass?
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2007, 04:00:21 PM »

what about the rest of her? Grin
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2007, 04:00:28 PM »

there should be a new sticky and people who post about adler/reunion should be banned Roll Eyes

and i wouldn`t be too sure about a reunion with matt.... ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »

sthrndixiecwgrl's... I distinctly remember her causing a lot of shit here a while ago, and I assumed she'd been banned because I hadn't seen her since.  She's also been banned from the VR forum for the same sort of thing, and if she signs up to the Tommy forum, she's getting banned before she's even given a chance.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2007, 04:03:42 PM »

STEVEN: You know how he is. He just grinned and giggled a little bit. Everybody in his band came up to me, "You're the greatest fucking drummer! We tell Axl, 'you gotta get the band back together'!" That's what they said to HIM! It was wonderful! Dude, let me call you back! I'm not ignoring you, dude! You're one of my top best friends, man! You've never done anything to hurt me! I'll call you right back!

Now you know he is on drugs still!

Yawn....
 Roll Eyes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #275 on: February 22, 2007, 04:08:17 PM »

Are you happy about it?

YES!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2007, 10:44:21 PM »

What a freak.  Steve, everyone except you knows this.  You will never get back in GN'R.  If GN'R reunites Matt will be the one drumming. YOu blew it dude!  You are too fucked up!
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #277 on: February 23, 2007, 08:11:29 AM »

Steven Adler is a joke, as far as im concerned, maybe he lay buried beneath the good work done by Matt Sorum once Adler left

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: February 23, 2007, 08:16:15 AM »

Adler may be a joke but he got to play with  GnR which is more than any of us have done!!

Wink
dafflovesaxl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: February 23, 2007, 08:18:18 AM »

Hello, I'm the guy that had the conversation with Steven and transcribed it for the internet. I think you guys are blowing this thing out of proportion. Anybody who read it thoroughly knows that Steven isn't saying there is a pending reunion. It's not gonna "fuck up things" for anybody!

For one thing, the average rock fan and ticket buyer doesn't follow the band on the internet like you guys! Let's say there's 10,000 people who read this board who even know Brain is no longer in the band. GNR plays for that many people in a single show! GNR sold MILLIONS of records and concert tickets - do you really believe that the majority of these people even know that GNR's lineup has changed at all?

I've also read that Axl's personal assistant, Beta, has said that Axl NEVER had a problem with Steven. The fact that the two of them hung out and had a good time alludes to this as well. Axl is a cool guy, I don't believe he has the hatred for Steven you guys project into him.

It's cool to like what you like, I remember still supporting KISS between 1979 - 1982 when they're lineup changed and the old school fans turned their back on them. I understand where you are all coming from. I would like to see the hate and sarcasm come down a notch, it's just... unsettling.

Good post mate, thanks.  Agreed.   ok
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: