Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 05:28:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  guns n roses vs guns n roses vs... the strokes???
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: guns n roses vs guns n roses vs... the strokes???  (Read 1729 times)
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« on: June 01, 2004, 08:00:06 PM »

ive just heard velvet revolvers album and i must say im pretty dam impressed. i must admit ive never bothered to listen to the snakepit albums but i was expecting vrs album to be a bit shit. i wonder what axls gonna make of the album. lets face it theres gotta be some rivalry there on both sides, (even if the bands wont admit it.) its like axls version of gnr vs slash, duff n matts version. by the way, i know people are probably gonna have a go at me for saying this but am i the only person who can hear a slight strokes influence on the vr album with some of the guitar melodies? drool
jellyhead
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 08:13:52 PM »

am i the only person who can hear a slight strokes influence on the vr album with some of the guitar melodies? drool

You might be right.  I read an interview with the Strokes and the guitarist said that he'd jammed a few times with "the ex gnr guys".  They're friends:  Matt, Slash and Duff are in the Strokes video for "Someday" so it's very possible that their sound has rubbed off on VR.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 05:09:45 AM »

How can you say VR might be shit n' you havnt heard Snakepit albums, Snakepit rocks dude

your not worthy
your not worthy
you suck
you suck hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 06:59:16 AM »

How can you say VR might be shit n' you havnt heard Snakepit albums, Snakepit rocks dude

your not worthy
your not worthy
you suck
you suck hihi

ive been waiting 11 god dam years for the new gnr album and im afraid that snakepit, vr, adlers appetite or anything else just dont quite match up... ive heard the snakepit track "beggars and hangers on" and thats why i didnt buy the album, it was piss poor, just not gnr. oh and buy the way, you suck too!! yes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: