Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Gn'r have died
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gn'r have died  (Read 3964 times)
crazejosh
Opening Act

« on: June 02, 2004, 12:52:54 AM »

Ok, let me just start off by saying that guns n' roses were the best band in the world. I have seen the old gnr new gnr in boston and velvet revolver in boston last sat. I have to say that nothing compares to their old band. If you simply watch any of the old shows and listen to slash's solo's in knockin or estranged then you will know what i mean. Axl rose is one of the most talented musicians in the world, and i truley belive that if he could do everything on his own he would. But the truth is that he cant,and he pushed everyone away from him for his own reasons and that is why there is no cd, no tour, and the reason why the greatest band in history is gone. also slash is wasting his time with vr, they are a very good band, an excellent band, but not guns. not even close ,and slash is wasting so much talent with generic rock songs when he could rule the rock world with axl it just sucks so much to see what has become of this band when they are truly living legends, and could bring everything back to the rock world with just one album. but anyhow its just my opinion and im sure everyone will be defensive of the new gnr or whatever, or what is left of it.
Peace
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 12:55:04 AM by crazejosh » Logged
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 01:34:15 AM »

If only they could have somehow gotten Cornell.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 01:48:05 AM »

Cornell is ok.  He seems to write some good lyrics but the Audioslave sound, like on the ballads is bad. Its not even a good slow song. Its just all distorted nonsense.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 02:25:21 AM »

You have to understand that those people are only humans. They change, just like you. And if they are lucky, they find a way to MOVE ON.

Exactly. And when they move on, we can do the same, and appreciate it, or we can decide to live in the past, listen to the same songs, and post messages on how the band is only good with Axl as their frontman.

also slash is wasting his time with vr, they are a very good band, an excellent band, but not guns.

Why can't you say they are a very good, excellent band, and leave it at that? That's what matters. They don't want or have to be Guns N' Roses. They are not Guns N' Roses, and they aren't trying to be. I don't know when people are going to realize that, but I hope that it is soon so that stupid threads such as this one, won't be seen as often. What was Slash supposed to do? Give up music altogether because you think his talents are not worth anything without Axl?

slash is wasting so much talent

I think it's up to Slash himself to decide whether or not he is wasting his talents, and what he does with them and his time. I don't think they were just settling for any old fucking joe blow when they chose Scott Weiland, they wanted him in the band before STP were even over with. And I just so happen to trust their judgement on whether or not Scott is a good frontman for this band. They are all friends, and doing this because they enjoy it. I think that there is an improvement from Guns N' Roses. As long as they keep doing what they are doing, enjoying it, and are doing it well, I'm happy, and I'm glad that the old GNR members are still friends and are now in a band together.

Slash will always be wasting his talent, unless he finds a songwriter and frontman as talented as Axl. But there isn't one.

Sorry Slash, you're wasting your talents so you may as well just give it up. Sad Or you can make these people happy and kiss Axl's ass once again.

Fuck that. That's what I would call a waste of time and such.

The old GNR was great, Slash was and is and will always be great, Axl - well, I don't really know his current status of greatness, seeing that he hasn't even put out any music for us, but he most definitely was great - and the rest of the band was/is great. But they aren't together anymore, and seriously I don't think Axl, with his insane and controlling ego issues, was good for any of the band members. I'm glad that they left and are together in a band in which they can work together.

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 03:18:53 AM »

the old band's dead, just like Jethro Tull n' Fleetwood Mac n' ACDC n' heeps other bands, they keep on going regardless of line up changes, give the new band a chance ya miserable sack of shit, GNR 's not dead.
their just on life support ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
MrBen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 03:20:36 AM »

Until we see new GNR play a show after the release of CD you can not really compare.
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 03:32:17 AM »

One solid new Single from GnR and threads like this will go away for ever.....
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 03:39:25 AM »

One solid new Single from GnR and threads like this will go away for ever.....

Hopefully that will be soon, or at least sometime in the future. If not for the music, then for threads like this to go away forever, like you said.

I think this thread needs to die, as this topic has been (should be)dead a long time.

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 03:47:44 AM »

yeah fuck it off

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 06:02:30 AM »

Your 1/2 right....old GN'R is dead, New GN'R isn't.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 06:28:04 AM »

the New GN'R are just on hiatus until Axl finally finishes his vocals and mixing or whatever the hell he is doing.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 06:49:51 AM »

See, this use of the GNR name is what causes this continuing thread subject matter.

In our minds we should see 'Old GNR' and 'New GNR'. Imagine they are two totally seperate bands.

The old band is dead. There is no buts/ifs/maybes. It's dead.

The new band has barely been born. People need to think of this as a new band not a continuation of the old one. This new band has barely done anything, but they will do.

This band is the equivalent of a 6 month old child, showing some promise, doing small things that show that it's developing, but not yet getting on it's feet and walking. When CD is released, the band will be running.

@#$%Muther
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 07:10:42 AM »

Just my two cents...
I think saying that Slash is wasting his time is a rather harsh sounding judgement...Slash is doing what makes him content, without the apparent drama of working with Axl...who wants to "rule the world with someone like that?" (just my opinion) You also gotta understand that he's a father now (and not that I know anything about having babies\kids) but everyone I know who has them, says it changes you...your priorities are not all ME ME ME ME--you know what I mean? One tends to get less self-absorbed (at least that's what married people I know with kids tell me)
I like the VR stuff and if you want to call it "generic" then fine, it's generic...given the choice, I'd choose generic rock over the high maintenance, too much drama rock n roll that Axl rose puts out, because it seems with Axl (based on his actions), it isn't about the music, it isn't about playing to fans, it's about him...even when he tours it's about him...and that, for ME, is just too much crap to put up with.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 04:54:02 PM »

Well Im a dad/ And having a child does change you. At least in the way your priorities change.

But Slash is wasting his talents. Slash Could have been a new generation Hendrix if handled properly. At least I used to think that.

Now it has become pretty obvious that Slash simply isn't creative enough to do anything other than what he is doing now. Slash should have simply released solo albums that played to his ability. That would have been mind blowing. He should have recorded an album like Jimi Hendrix's Blues. That would be so killer of Slash. He would shine, and his talents would be clear. You listen to hendrix's blues, and Jimi talents are unquestionable. He is a god. But that album is something that Slash could do, at least spiritually and emotionally. Something like that where he could shine. But, Slash isn't smart enough to do that. His solo albums kind of indicate that he is a big talented guitar playing dummy.

But he is at least out there. VR seems kind of cool (I was always a fan of STP), and Im psyched about next weeks release of Contraband. It makes me happy seeing Slash doing Slash's thing.

Axl like Slash is wasting his talents.But what Axl is doing is absolutely criminal. Axl is completely wasting his god given abilities. At least Slash is out there. Axl has wasted so much time. He has kept what could be the most important pieces of music and wiped his ass with it, in complete disregard to anything that is good and decent in the world. There are few things more import than good music. It binds people and individuals to everything natural that has been repressed through years of reconditioning  ourselves to tolerate pure unadulterated crap.

Slash to me is just Slash. I love the guy, but he is simply doing what he is doing because it is all he knows. He is a scared little animal that is to afraid to explore new things. But Axl disappoints me. And continues to disappoint me.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2004, 07:03:25 PM »

As I have said, I don't think that Slash is wasting his time. It's up to him whether or not he is wasting his time, and what he does with it. If he enjoys being in this band, that is all that matters. As long as he enjoys it, it's not a waste. That's not for anyone else to decide but Slash himself.

Also, overall, the album's ratings don't seem to show this band to be a waste of talents. They are doing quite well so far. I think people are too quick to judge this band. People were saying whether they liked it or disliked it before anyone ever heard the album. Still, not everyone has heard the whole thing (and that includes me, because I'm going to listen to it on its release date right after I buy it). But I think it's stupid to say it's a waste of time, just because it's new and different. Scott isn't Axl people. People are already saying, "Well, Axl isn't in the band, and they're nothing without him, so they're just wasting their time."

He is a scared little animal that is to afraid to explore new things.

A scared little animal??? Afraid to explore new things??? He played guitar for less than ten years before Guns N' Roses, which became the greatest, most popular bands of its time. That's not exploring new things? He got together with the old members of the band to seek a new singer for a new band, who are already releasing an album and touring, and giving us the best music seen in many years. That's not exploring new things? He also released two solo albums, and if you think his talents don't shine, if it's not good enough for you, then that's your own damned problem, isn't it? Before you call him a scared little animal, look at Axl who is probably sitting on his ass, trying to assure himself that he is still cool and shit.

He should have recorded an album like Jimi Hendrix's Blues. That would be so killer of Slash.

Please excuse him for not being Jimi Hendrix. I personally think Jimi Hendrix is overrated. I know I'll probably get shit on for saying such a thing, but it's true. Even as a fan of Jimi Hendrix, I don't find him to be as great and god like as people make him out to be. So he played it left hand - that doesn't make him more talented than he is. Anyway, if you want Jimi, then listen to Jimi. If Slash isn't good or "smart" enough for you, then as I said before, that's your own problem.

His solo albums kind of indicate that he is a big talented guitar playing dummy.

Who are you to call him a "dummy," meanie head? Seriously though - when you can do better, then you can call him a dummy. I don't know who you people think you are, basically calling him stupid as if he's just some moron, or saying what he should or shouldn't do with his time. I mean, I knew he's one of the greatest guitarists of all time and is known for some of the best fucking guitar solos ever, as that is well known, but I didn't know he's a "dummy." Thank you for sharing such knowledge, as I'm sure someone who knows him well enough to judge what he does with his time and talents also knows him well enough to judge his intelligence as well. Thanks again. ok

It makes me happy seeing Slash doing Slash's thing.

You say it makes you happy to see Slash doing "Slash's thing" yet you say that it's not good enough, that he's not smart or creative enough to do anything else, and that his talents don't shine. That makes a whole lot of sense... not!

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2004, 12:38:57 AM »

Damn ImFuckinCrazy...are you ever the shallow one dimensional thinking little thing. Think outside the box once in awhile.

Slash playing lead creating the same stlye music and not breaking through to something more is what I was talking about. You say shit about Jimi Hendrix already discredits anything you have to say about a guitarists ability in the rock world. There has never been a more innovative, creative, talent behind the guitar than Hendrix. There is Jimi, and there is everyone else.

Slash is scared, or just mearly unable to explore how far is talent can take him. I do love Slash because he is an awesome guitar player. It saddens me when he released the utter amateurish efforts that were the Snakepit albums, because I know he is better than that. That is what is great about VR. But that will not take Slash to higher places, in his role in rock history. Slash has the ability to create something more...something special...and he is not taking the risks to do just that.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2004, 04:27:16 PM »

If only they could have somehow gotten Cornell.

That would had ruled!!!!!!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2004, 10:04:17 PM »

You say shit about Jimi Hendrix already discredits anything you have to say about a guitarists ability in the rock world.

As I said before, I'm a fan of Jimi Hendrix. A big fan of Hendrix. I just see that a lot of people say that he is the greatest guitarist without having any other reason than he is Jimi Hendrix and "he played the guitar upside down." When I said that playing the guitar left handed doesn't make him better than he is, I wasn't in any way denying his talent. He's great, but that fact doesn't add to it, and I don't think he's as great as people make him out to be.

But that will not take Slash to higher places, in his role in rock history. Slash has the ability to create something more...something special...and he is not taking the risks to do just that.

I understand that you're saying that he's able to go beyond what he is doing, and that's fine, but I believe that Slash enjoys what he is doing, and isn't out to change the world. That's not in any way wasting his time, and to say so is fucked up.

But seeing that you repeated your last post, only adding that my opinion doesn't matter, I now know that I'm just wasting my time arguing with you so I'll leave it at that.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: