Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:09:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  i bet axl is licking his chops
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: i bet axl is licking his chops  (Read 9830 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: June 02, 2004, 11:31:44 PM »

axl i bet has logged into MTV.com and i bet he has listened to contraband and he has to be licking his chops, he has to listen to that and know that all he has to do is release his album and he will win by a first round knockout
no song on contraband comes close to the blues or maddy and those arent the big guns

so does anyone think the mediocrity of contraband and the lawsuits by his former friends will influence and motivate him to kick their asses by releasing Chinese Democracy?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 11:35:54 PM »

Well since the Velvet Revolver album is mediocre (IMO and others on this board), except for a few songs, maybe it is a good thing Axl did not release Chinese Democracy first.  Yes, the songs off of Contraband will get air play, just like audioslave did, but that is mostly because this group is viewed as a super-group, but like audioslave after a few months the hype will die down and then Axl will be able to make his move and release Chinese Democracy.  
   Then the spotlight and hype will all be on Axl and he won?t lose any steam because if Contraband were to come out after CD.  The greatest hits album has almost run it?s course and the time is finally here for Axl to make his move.   The world still cares about Axl and Gn?r even though some people on this board would like to tell us otherwise.  

A lot of old Gn?r fans claim the new songs we have heard so far are not as good as the old bands songs, but that is not the important question. The important question is, are the new songs as good or better than the current mainstream songs on the radio today? And IMO the answer to that is YES. I think Madagascar, the Blues and Chinese Democracy are just as good if not better than a lot of the music on the radio right now, not to mention they are better than almost all of the songs off of Contraband, and those songs are not even the ?big guns? that Axl has in store for us.

Axl can correct everything that he messed up at the end of the 2002 tour and everything will be forgiven and forgotten if he can deliver on Chinese Democracy.  If Axl has learned from his mistaken he will take back his place as the best front man in music and guns n roses can become one of the biggest band in the world once again.  All he has to do is have faith the music he and his band has made is great and just put it out.  

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 11:36:02 PM »

Not one bit, he has known how good his material is/isn't for years now. He has been waiting all of this time because it either isn't that good and he can't finish. Or he emotionally has just realized he can't handle the rigors of all that goes into releasing a new album and promoting it. If the album is an all time classic he certainly would want to share it, but there is some underlyng reason not vr related that has kept him from doing so.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 11:40:54 PM »

I don't think that ythe Contraband will influence on Democracy, I'm sure he logged on MTV and listened, but just curious.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
delvis
Opening Act

Kizza Me

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 11:45:37 PM »

well i guess its time for axl to finish it now. all we need is for him to get off his ass.
that's it.  
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 11:45:58 PM »

or its so good he can release it whenever he wants....

but i think the main reasons why it hasnt been out yet is...
badluck,contracts,lawsuits, leaving your private life and going back into the spotlight, and bucktes leaving....but who cares eventually it will come out....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 11:46:57 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 11:52:49 PM »

???Well since the Velvet Revolver album is mediocre (IMO and others on this board), except for a few songs, maybe it is a good thing Axl did not release Chinese Democracy first.  Yes, the songs off of Contraband will get air play, just like audioslave did, but that is mostly because this group is viewed as a super-group, but like audioslave after a few months the hype will die down and then Axl will be able to make his move and release Chinese Democracy.  
???Then the spotlight and hype will all be on Axl and he won’t lose any steam because if Contraband were to come out after CD.  The greatest hits album has almost run it’s course and the time is finally here for Axl to make his move.   The world still cares about Axl and Gn’r even though some people on this board would like to tell us otherwise.  

A lot of old Gn’r fans claim the new songs we have heard so far are not as good as the old bands songs, but that is not the important question. The important question is, are the new songs as good or better than the current mainstream songs on the radio today? And IMO the answer to that is YES. I think Madagascar, the Blues and Chinese Democracy are just as good if not better than a lot of the music on the radio right now, not to mention they are better than almost all of the songs off of Contraband, and those songs are not even the “big guns” that Axl has in store for us.

Axl can correct everything that he messed up at the end of the 2002 tour and everything will be forgiven and forgotten if he can deliver on Chinese Democracy.  If Axl has learned from his mistaken he will take back his place as the best front man in music and guns n roses can become one of the biggest band in the world once again.  All he has to do is have faith the music he and his band has made is great and just put it out.  

Cool<------ Axl when CD is finally released

Grin beer peace<-------us true GNR fans once CD is released

nervous confused crying Embarrassed Shocked<-----VR when CD is released

Wink
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 11:58:24 PM »

yeah, maybe I'm drawing straws, but I think a lot of potential stress will be off of Axl and GNR after 'Contraband' comes out. And honestly, I think most people will see 'Contraband' as mediocre, and that will probably make the anticipation increase for a lot of casual fans.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 02:20:39 AM »

i reckon axl wont really give a toss about contraband. He may listen to it and love it, just because he aint working with these guys anymore does not mean he cant like it.
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 03:42:12 AM »

Axl wouldn't give a shit about it. Only if he started getting bagged in the media if Contraband is MASSIVE success would he start realising he's become a joke about taking so long to release the album. Then and only then would he even put a bit of effort into giving the album a kick along.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
shaun
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 04:29:11 AM »

I think Velvet Revolver's stuff is ok'ish in much the same way Slash's Snakepit's stuff was ok'ish. A few good tracks and a number of ok'ish tracks. I think there's alot more going for Velvet Revolver than there ever was for Slash's Snakepit (although on the 1st Slash's Snakepit album -It's Five O'clock Somewhere-, there really were some great tracks on there, *dime store rock* *beggars & hangers-on* *i hate everybody (but you)* *back and forth again* for example. The lead singer too, he was really good. *be the ball* that track always reminded me of the theme tune to the old TV series HAWAII FIVE-O)

What i've always found odd is, ever since Slash left (sacked, whatever) GN'R there were never anymore of those great guitar epic's that were all over the Use Your Illusion albums.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 10:11:11 AM by shaun » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 04:55:28 AM »

CD won't even be close to VR, cause it's not the same music.
VR : rock n roll.
CD : HuhHuhHuh
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 04:56:05 AM by God_i5_de4d » Logged

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 05:25:31 AM »

well I think he will be very interested in what kind of record VR have build up..definetely..I don't remember what interview it was but Axl said something that he won't definetely want to booze up their career or give them royalties/money for releasing all kind of GN'R stuff...it was a radio interview..so if Axl is that interested in that kind of cases, he will definetely want to see how is VR doing and if he can beat them with CD.
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 06:16:18 AM »

Hey guys, we don't even know if Axl is EVER going to release his album, so don't jump the gun here.  With his credibility among the general public in shambles, and Velvet Revolver coming out with a rocking album that is generating a huge buzz in the rock world, I think it's going to be quite difficult for Axl to compete if in fact this is some sort of competition with his former bandmates.  Axl may very well have a masterpiece under wraps, but it's going to have to be just that in order to make most people care about him again.  

While I fully admit to being a Slash/Duff loyalist (always have been, always will be), I really take no pleasure at all in the mess Axl has gotten himself into.  In fact, I find it all so tragic.  I don't like seeing people make fun of the guy, knowing first-hand how great he used to be.  More than anything, I want this guy to get his shit together and prove to me - and millions of others - that he is still something special.  The last few years, all I've seen is a shell of his former self and it's really disturbing to watch as someone who grew up on the classic GNR, dating back to when "Welcome to the Jungle" set the world afire.  Lately though, I just really don't care about Axl anymore.  He never was my favorite Gunner to begin with, but I never felt the sort of apathy toward him that I do now.  I want him to make me care again, but he doesn't seem to care enough to want to do that.  Otherwise, we would have heard Chinese Democracy years ago.  I'm just stoked to have Slash and Duff back in a setting worthy of their talents and that's my focus now as a GNR fan.

I think Axl probably is watching Velvet Revolver quite closely.  What he intends to do about it is anybody's guess.  It'd be nice if he did SOMETHING, period.

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2004, 07:57:15 AM »

Whats with all this VR Vs Axl and visa versa shit?! D - you dissapoint me i expected more from you than this type of post. Some people here seem to take pleasure in either watching Axl fail and VR suceed or hoping that VR will fail and Axl with sucseed. VR isnt the greatest band - but its a good rock album. And sure Axl can act like a compleltely annoying arsehole past, present and future but im sure CD will be gerat. Why cant people like both, have two good and successful bands/albums?! Even if you dont like both - posts about how one band is gonna fail and another is gonna do better are boring, chilldish and are in the 100's already on this board.

Riot In Everyone!
noonespecial
VIP

I&#039;m a llama!

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2004, 08:50:17 AM »

"While I fully admit to being a Slash/Duff loyalist (always have been, always will be), I really take no pleasure at all in the mess Axl has gotten himself into.  In fact, I find it all so tragic.  I don't like seeing people make fun of the guy, knowing first-hand how great he used to be.  More than anything, I want this guy to get his shit together and prove to me - and millions of others - that he is still something special.  The last few years, all I've seen is a shell of his former self and it's really disturbing to watch as someone who grew up on the classic GNR, dating back to when "Welcome to the Jungle" set the world afire.  Lately though, I just really don't care about Axl anymore.  He never was my favorite Gunner to begin with, but I never felt the sort of apathy toward him that I do now.  I want him to make me care again, but he doesn't seem to care enough to want to do that.  Otherwise, we would have heard Chinese Democracy years ago.  I'm just stoked to have Slash and Duff back in a setting worthy of their talents and that's my focus now as a GNR fan."

I hear ya dude...I with ya, very well put Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2004, 08:55:21 AM »

nothing personal lineker im just playing Devils Advocate

no VR disappointed ME

this thread is very valid cause here is the type of poster i am

if someone is being overtly defensive of axl and trashing slash and duff i take up for slash and duff vice versa, if people are championing VR like they are destroying axl just cause they released a CD first, i then defend axl

everyone is talkin how axl is done just cause VR release a pretty good but not great CD

let me ask u a question, to the casual listener what is the most important part of a song? casual listener here only

lyrics,vocals melody, thats the most important part to the average listener if not instrumental music would be the greatest selling music in the world

Scott has a habit of repeating the same ole verse or a variation of the same ole verse and i cant really relate to what scott is singing about, the music is very well done, better than what ive heard from new gnr so far, but if u aint got the lyrics,melodies and vocals, u aint got shit

VR's album is good but does not in anyway get me excited or blow me away, ill buy it only because slash and duff and no other reason, now after i buy it my opinion could change

ive been listening to bootleg maddy's and blues for around 2 and a half years straight and i still listen to them at least once every other day

will i be listening to any VR songs lets say by this time next year? i highly doubt it

so even if the blues and maddy are axls big guns they are still light years ahead of what ive heard from VR

now on the contrary if VR's album blew me away i would be championing how axl is in fuckin trouble and better have his guns blazing

but after hearing contraband an album just above the spaghetti incident will be better than VR in my opinion

« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 08:59:09 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2004, 09:01:04 AM »

Whats with all this VR Vs Axl and visa versa shit?! D - you dissapoint me i expected more from you than this type of post. Some people here seem to take pleasure in either watching Axl fail and VR suceed or hoping that VR will fail and Axl with sucseed. VR isnt the greatest band - but its a good rock album. And sure Axl can act like a compleltely annoying arsehole past, present and future but im sure CD will be gerat. Why cant people like both, have two good and successful bands/albums?! Even if you dont like both - posts about how one band is gonna fail and another is gonna do better are boring, chilldish and are in the 100's already on this board.

I agree.. This is just so fucking stupid people can't be happy for both bands.. People fell in love with GN'R, shit didn't work out, and now some of you feel like you've been fucked, and somebody has to take the blame. I think it's about time you let this go. There should be no war over the matter, and if there is one, it sure as hell isn't yours to fight..

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2004, 10:26:22 AM »

Well the sad thing is that Slash has almost made more records without axl. I think with having another lawsuit filed that probably has gotten Axl upset

Next week we will see how well VR does on the chart. For Slash it has to be  an improved considering his slash snakepit albums.

My only question is how far can Super Groups go?

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2004, 10:30:48 AM »

It is important to realize that people like Dave and younggunner were never going to give VR a chance, and that's fine.  But because of their prejudice, their opinion should be taken with a grain of salt in regard to the subject.  Sorry guys, that's not a dig, just a fact.  Everyone here knew you'd listen once and post your dislike for the album within 5 minutes of your first listen.
SInce when dont I like VR? Im sorry I dont think of them on the same level of GNR. But that doesnt make me hate them. I paid 70 fukin bucks to go see them. I must really hate them. Ive listened to the album a handful of times and have been listening to most of the album for a week now.

I think the album is ok. Nothing special. If thats hate then im sorry. IMO the album doesnt do it...FOR ME. Like you dont like maddy I love it. I could care less what you like and dont like. Music is personal taste.

I dont hate vr. I new about Stp long before I new what gnr was. Iv always like weiland. ANd when i got into Gnr I was amazed by Slash. For me its Axl and what he brings. I cant help that...but im sure not the only one who thinks that.

The band is good. Better than whats out there. But for me they dont do anything. In concert they rock but on the album it didnt for the most part....

I will say this, if he waits for VR to release FTP, and they make a kick ass video for that song, then IMO that will delay the album even longer.  That's the kind of song that will be big for a while I think ala November Rain if it is accomapnied by a great video.

Please dont put FTP in the same sentence of NV. And Nv had such a video impact FTP wont come close.

As for this fucking stupid "they are not the big guns" arguement, please give that a rest

Guess what....Songs like Maddy, the Blues and CD are just the fillers...The big guns are still to come....hows that. Why the fuck would Axl lie about the music he is making. Its not like he made a press release on this anyway. It was in a radio interview and the guy asked what new songs they were playing. He said a handful but that they are holding back the Big Guns. Whether you think they have great songs or not thats your opinion.
Ill take my chances that Axl has written some amazing songs. Actually I know he has.

You have every right to doubt gnr in the sense that they wont accomplish anything because of their past. Thats fine. But when its out its going to be a whole different story. So keep talking about the axl is a dickhead and liar stuff. When the cd hits the shelves the music will do all the talking.....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 10:37:05 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: