Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 10:44:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227878 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WHAT IS GNR TO YOU?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT IS GNR TO YOU?  (Read 3316 times)
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: June 02, 2004, 11:54:46 PM »

Hey everyone, im pretty new here.  im on the mygnr.com forum(One In A Million), and im working on that being my name over here as well) but i will be posting here more often now just to get a tast of what its like over here.

I just want to get a feel of what the people over here think GNR is to them and give you an idea of what they mean to me.  Enjoy Wink

GNR is group of the 5 originals off appetite including Matt, who had the most chemistry then any band I have ever seen.  They all fed off of each other and the fire cant be rekindled by any replacement(with the acception of Matt, he worked out great)  

GNR could of been bigger than the Stones had they not self destructed.  They were the biggest band in the world till the day they died.  

GNR is more than music to me, WAY more.  I am 19 and started listening to them when I was 8, they were what got me into rock n roll.  I immediatley became obssesed with them and it hasnt stoped and never will.  Their music was power and raw energy not seen by hardly any other band.

They were the absolute greatest and there was nobody better.  I think its sad that Axl is dragging the name through the mud and that there are people who actually think that what he is doing is GNR.  This isnt an Axl rant, I am not an Axl basher and I am not one of those guys who supports everything Slash does.  I am a fan of GNR, not one person in the band.  1 person didnt make up that band, it took them all to do it and cant be done with anybody else.  I used to be very pissed at Axl and talk a lot of shit about him using the name, but now its to the point where I just laugh at it all.  I can go on about what GNR is so I will end here and let you guys/gals take over.  Peace ok

I hope you enjoyed and please, this isnt supposed to be a controversial thread at all, just an insight on how I feel about GNR.  After i get a nice amount of responses this thread will turn into another thread that should be very interesting Wink

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 11:56:39 PM by Music For Life » Logged

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 01:57:27 AM »

Ya, definately...I think I may speak for alot of people when I agree with u that GnR is more than just music.

I am not sure if I am the only one, but I find the whole atmosphere of the band appealing. Its hard to explain and it might sound like I''m on drugs but the whole "Gypsy charm" aura around them draws me in. When I think of GnR, I always think of smoke filled pubs...old pool tables...carpets on walls, cigars, etc.  I realize this effect is definitely created by their videos and personal image but it is that mystery, along with great music, that keeps them leagues above most bands in my books.
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 02:17:46 AM »

^^^i hear ya brother Wink

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 10:38:16 AM »

First to say that I absolutely agree with you. This is not GN'R what it is now. Once again, GN'R can't be GN'R without Slash, Duff and let's say Matt. I'm great fan of Izzy too. I'm big fan of Axl but the best thing he could do is to leave the GN'R name rest in peace. Unless they reunion someday.

About what is GN'R to me? My whole damn life is GN'R. So yes it's a lot more than music. I wake up with GN'R, I eat with GN'R, I go to sleep with GN'R I smoke smoking with GN'R, I drink drool with GN'R and of course, I party with GN'R. Everything!

By the way, I'm 20 now, and I also listen to GN'R since I was 8.
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 12:09:36 PM »

^^^nice to know theses forums arent filled with Axl lovers like mygnr.com

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 02:42:06 PM »

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven -- Matt
Hard Rock
Dangerous
Sunset Strip
Roxy, Troubadour, The Whiskey, The Rainbow
Sex, Drugs and Rock N' Roll
Cool

There all things i think Gn'R are (were). peace beer
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 02:42:59 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 03:21:25 PM »

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven -- Matt
Hard Rock
Dangerous
Sunset Strip
Roxy, Troubadour, The Whiskey, The Rainbow
Sex, Drugs and Rock N' Roll
Cool

There all things i think Gn'R are (were). peace beer

Hell yeah!!! That's my vision of the old GNR too.  Allthough the new GNR doesn't have the same badass look and they will never be as cool as the original thing,but I really believe that,musically speaking,the new guys can match the old guys someday.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 03:44:23 PM »

WHAT IS GNR TO YOU?

Late for dinner, but forgivable if they bring desert.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 04:13:38 PM »

I've been a G'n'R fan since '87 and they are now what they've always been, A rock and roll band, and thats it! I saw them for the first time in Toronto, Canada in 2002, and they kicked ass! Alot! (axl is the best, bar none, singers I have ever seen) But in an industry where tastes change from day to day you need some new material out there. I've been anticipating them to release something new since that "Sympathy for the Devil"single (Which is brilliant IMO) and thought it would finally see the light of day in 2002, but once again they failed to release the goods. I'm not holding my breath any more. If it comes, great, if not whatever, I'll listen to something else.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 10:06:44 AM by Neemo » Logged

Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 11:51:05 PM »

I've been a G'n'R fan since '87 and they are now what they've always been.

now thats some funny stuff, lmao

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 10:08:49 AM »

Sorry I meant to say.

"I've been a G'n'R fan since '87 and they are now what they've always been, A rock and roll band, and thats it!"

And on top of that a band that hasn't relased anything new in 10 years!?  After I saw them I thought it was gonna be released now I've given up. Fold the band and release a solo album

chas
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 10:31:48 AM »

Hey everyone, im pretty new here.  im on the mygnr.com forum(One In A Million), and im working on that being my name over here as well) but i will be posting here more often now just to get a tast of what its like over here.

I just want to get a feel of what the people over here think GNR is to them and give you an idea of what they mean to me.  Enjoy Wink

GNR is group of the 5 originals off appetite including Matt, who had the most chemistry then any band I have ever seen.  They all fed off of each other and the fire cant be rekindled by any replacement(with the acception of Matt, he worked out great)  

GNR could of been bigger than the Stones had they not self destructed.  They were the biggest band in the world till the day they died.  

GNR is more than music to me, WAY more.  I am 19 and started listening to them when I was 8, they were what got me into rock n roll.  I immediatley became obssesed with them and it hasnt stoped and never will.  Their music was power and raw energy not seen by hardly any other band.

They were the absolute greatest and there was nobody better.  I think its sad that Axl is dragging the name through the mud and that there are people who actually think that what he is doing is GNR.  This isnt an Axl rant, I am not an Axl basher and I am not one of those guys who supports everything Slash does.  I am a fan of GNR, not one person in the band.  1 person didnt make up that band, it took them all to do it and cant be done with anybody else.  I used to be very pissed at Axl and talk a lot of shit about him using the name, but now its to the point where I just laugh at it all.  I can go on about what GNR is so I will end here and let you guys/gals take over.  Peace ok

I hope you enjoyed and please, this isnt supposed to be a controversial thread at all, just an insight on how I feel about GNR.  After i get a nice amount of responses this thread will turn into another thread that should be very interesting Wink

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, what do you think about Dizzy? Is he 'GnR'?  Whilst im at it i'll also ask you what you think about Gilby?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 10:33:57 AM by chas » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2004, 11:14:19 AM »

Oh trust me man it is Wink

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2004, 12:18:18 PM »

Oh trust me man it is Wink
 ok
Yea, definitely. Just because quite a few of them are on the sadist side, I reckon, you are easily mistaken about their love.hihi
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 12:23:00 PM by ppbebe » Logged
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2004, 03:26:28 PM »

im in the ring motherfukka...

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU CALL MATT AN ORIGENAL MEMBER... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats only the start of half the shit you fukkas just wrote, go ahead and laugh your dumb arse all the way to record store to hopfully get a copy of the last few remaining cd's of CHI DEM. Your heros left the greatest band in the world n' it took one man to keep it goin', and he's on his way...

i'll see you their
at the fuckin' counter

TOO DRUNX FUX, just let it go n' be happy

why flog a dead horse
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhshitfuck

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2004, 04:25:58 PM »

The Most Dangerous Band In The World beer
A band that does not give a fuck about anything or anyone beer
Songs that just keep me coming back for more year after year beer
2 GN'Rs are better then 1. VR being the 2nd band beer
And no matter who is with axl in a band it just works from Rose to Hollywood Rose to the '85 gn'r to 2002 gn'r beer
hmmmmmmmm....to....much......BEEER! drool

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14