Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:23:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How i wish GNR did something similar to this :
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How i wish GNR did something similar to this :  (Read 3234 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« on: June 03, 2004, 08:40:51 PM »

Found on the RHCP official site :

Fanclub / How to Join

Joining the fan club can only be done by mail.

To join send $25 USA dollars (Money Order or Check drawn on USA banks. Foreign checks and money orders must be from banks with a USA co-bank. Postal money orders are a good way to go from foreign countries. Cash is even easier.

NOTE. Joiners need to send 2 photos (doesn't have to be the same photo) since all laminated ID cards will now have their photo on them.

Make all checks or money orders payable to Rockinfreakstuff

Mail to:

Rockinfreakapotamus, Peoplehood Inc.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers Fanclub
PO Box 801
Rockford, Michigan 49341
USA

Membership processing can some times take up to six weeks.

The Official Fan Club and Your Comprehensive Guide To The Red Hot Chili Peppers Universe.

Dear Bon Vivant, Discriminating Music Connoisseur & Crazed Maniac,

From the rumbling thunder of their underground daze on a vagabond Hollywood circuit of Charles Bukowski bars and Fairfax District bar mitzvah halls to the jagged peak of the rock 'n roll heap, from the basement of depravity to the penthouse of notoriety, from Random Notes to the cover of the Rolling Stone, from the bottom of the bill to the top of the charts, from opening the Kit Kat Club to headliners at Lollapalooza, Woodstock and all the world's major festivals, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have remained a band with a mission. Your music. Unique. Honest. Uncensored. The Uplift Mofo Party Band. The Band with a plan. No corporate bottom line. No media spin. No compromise. No surrender.

We have received hundreds of thousands of letters, packages, presents, cards and more recently e-mails. We love them. Are inspired by them. They make us laugh, and they make us cry. We receive countless requests for, among other things: our personal possessions, music lessons, advise, locks of hair, insemination, help with homework, birthday party appearances, eagle scout inductions, dates to the prom, our hearts in passion, our hands in marriage, our home phone numbers and addresses and mostly--autographs! We can't give you their phone numbers or tell you where they live or what hotel they're staying at. A fan club is a liaison between fan and band, not an avenue into their private life. As for autographs, asking RHCP to sit in an office all day signing them like some fabricated boy-pop band just isn't our style. If Flea's not on tour he's likely at has a home in Australia with his 11 year old daughter Clara; Anthony could be in Borneo, India, Manhattan or Michigan; Chad travels the planet with his drum clinics; and John tirelessly explores the esoteric haunts of his own world of art, literature and music. When they are together, it is to write, rehearse, record and then play the music that made you want their autograph in the first place. We think that the music (and their personal life that inspires it) is important. Hopefully you'll agree. Spontaneous autographs are another matter. As Anthony's father (and Head Honcho of the fan club) I can tell you he's literally signed a million of them for fans who stop him on the street, in restaurants, movies, sporting events, the grocery store, wherever.

Rockinfreakapotamus, the RHCP fan club, is your best bet to snuggle up to these knuckleheads. You will be a stockholder in our pioneering website which has already won the inaugural 1999 MTV Music Video Award for "Best Artist Website" beating out worthy competitors David Bowie, Smashing Pumpkins, Limp Bizkit, Jennifer Lopez, Sheryl Crow and England's Massive Attack.

The web page will supply you with continuous updated news, pictures, videos (eventually we'll have every RHCP video ever made up on the web), merchandise, tour info and you can sign up for direct email to your own address whenever there's a breaking story or relevant news. You will also receive a fan club packet from the headquarters in Rockford, Michigan--a suburb of Anthony's hometown of Grand Rapids--which includes ever changing goodies including a collector's edition of the original Rockinfreakapotamus Magazine, mini-posters of the band, our own news updates, tour info, special members only merchandise including 30 and counting underground videos of the band's performances and TV shows, personal home photos of Anthony, Flea, Chad and John taken by Anthony's Dad, and a laminated ID card made from various back stage passes. Speaking of backstage, we do offer occasional opportunities for fan club members to go backstage and meet the band. Backstage meet and greets require supervision by either myself or someone from management so obviously we can't do every single show. The band also has done special free shows for members--in 1999 we did them in Hamburg, Germany; Stockholm, Sweden; London, England; Paris, France and Milan, Italy and for high school students in several USA cities. We also did a free concert in conjunction with K-ROCK in New York City in October '99. We had backstage meet and greets at a few selected cities in 1999 and fan club get togethers in Chicago, New York, Baltimore and Tokyo. But joining the fan club does not mean you will automatically get backstage!!! but send us a photo so we know what you look like for when we do do a backstage meeting.

Head Honcho and Chief Potentate
Blackie Dammett (Anthony's Dad)

Nothing to say
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 08:52:07 PM »

Do you get money for advertising the RHCP fan club?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 08:59:54 PM »

Do you get money for advertising the RHCP fan club?  hihi

/jarmo

You wish !  hihi hihi hihi

But seriously, don't yu think they did that well ? GNR should do something like that and the photos on each ID is an excellent idea too i think.

Nothing to say
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 09:03:48 PM »

I like Pearl Jam's fan club......  Cool

I guess it's similar to the RHCP one. But as far as GN'R goes, I don't think they ever had a great fan club?

Never was a member, but from what I've heard it always seemed to be lacking.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
m
Headliner

Working nightshift....

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 02:24:38 AM »

The web page will supply you with continuous updated news, pictures, videos (eventually we'll have every RHCP video ever made up on the web), merchandise, tour info and you can sign up for direct email to your own address whenever there's a breaking story or relevant news.

thats gonna be pretty empty for gnr isn't it?

News?  Tour?
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 05:52:32 AM »

I like Pearl Jam's fan club......  Cool

I guess it's similar to the RHCP one. But as far as GN'R goes, I don't think they ever had a great fan club?

Never was a member, but from what I've heard it always seemed to be lacking.

/jarmo

I was never a member eithet, didn't even have internet back then..But i heard it was pretty lame..
That's why i think it should change. They should have a proper fan club.

Nothing to say
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 06:32:55 AM »

It would be nice if GNR had some awareness of their dwindling numbers of fans - but lets face it - there's really nothing for them to tell us.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
V
Headliner

The Fountainhead

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 07:15:06 AM »

But seriously, don't yu think they did that well ? GNR should do something like that and the photos on each ID is an excellent idea too i think.

GNR shouldn't do shit.
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 08:08:17 AM »

GNR shouldn't do shit.

As they are very good at doing nothing at all.
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 02:35:31 PM »

for gnr to set up a decent fanclub it would help a little bit if they actualy cared a little bit about there fans.
Fretzo
Headliner

Ground control to Major Tom

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 03:12:56 PM »

A band like RHCP actually likes their fans.  If Axl even shows up to his own concerts he'll threaten anyone who yells out the names of any of the 250 ex-gnr members with violence.

An Axl online journal like what Fred Durst or Ryan Adams does would be interesting for his fans.  

Would they say "I spent all day working with a new guitarist" or "I've decided that I'll start work on a new album called Chinese democracy tomorrow, today I'll rest"
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »

For 25$ you can actually buy music

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: