Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Announcement!! I Am Officially Back Into GNR Yo! And A Very VR Perspective!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Announcement!! I Am Officially Back Into GNR Yo! And A Very VR Perspective!  (Read 1756 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: June 04, 2004, 12:21:27 PM »

I figured you were all waiting on pins and needles since my past post of my little falling out with Guns, so consider this a courtesy.

Maybe it is partially do to my repeated listens to the new Contraband album by Velvet Revolver. But on my drive into work this morning I needed something perfect for the infamous 101 freeway, which surprisingly, was moving great today (friday light). Anyway, to make a long story short, I turned to number 9 (tip of the hat to Beatles), on UYI Dos. Oh shit yea. It was so fucking on. Played Locomotive so loud my ears might have imploded. That was grand.

Please allow me to relate this back to Contraband. I don't by any means think Contraband sucks. In fact, I like it in its overly complacent simplicity. Upon further listen and playin it loud (and getting myself into the right frame of mind (take that however you like)), I think its cool. But, as you all know, there are levels to cool.

Contraband falls under the label of cool =ing, for what it is. Its nothing particularly innovative or groundbreaking. Its nothing particularly special. The album does have a flow in a sense that its a solid rock outing. I like it most, for the sole reason that in todays music world, right now, music like this is needed. And as if you didnt feel the "but" coming here it is. But, its not anywhere in the same universe as the music quality of Guns N' Roses. With the possible exception of a similar sound in the solos, I would have guessed this was different musicians all together. There is not any real standouts to Contraband. Its simply a matter of some songs being better than others.

Not meaning to make this a Vs. issue, but my belief is, that what little I have heard from the nu-GNR, the standout quality of the music exceeds that of the regular or average sounding rock music that Contraband falls under. Contraband has a very been there done that sound. I still enjoy it to an extent.

But its not the timeless piece that demands the replayability that Guns N' Roses music demands. And to make this thread come full circle... Contraband doesn't seem to even have a piece that measures up to what can be considered a 2nd-tier Guns N' Roses track like Locomotive.

Guns N' Roses kicks my ass. But, Velvet Revolver is cool.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 09:02:50 PM »

Agreed

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 12:18:01 AM »

thanks for the announcement

Behold, the evil that men do...
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 12:22:16 AM »

I agree.  No song on Contraband is better than anything by Guns n Roses.
DEVILDREAD
Appetite For Addition
Rocker

The time will come!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 12:32:48 AM »

glad your back. I really missed you.  Grin

BY DEMONS BE DRIVEN
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 02:45:25 AM »

fantastic. Tongue
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »