Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:24:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  LISTEN UP
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LISTEN UP  (Read 4425 times)
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: June 06, 2004, 12:41:49 AM »

I'm watching new GNR in Rock in Rio 2 right the fuck now, and you know what?  This band kicks FUCKING ass. yes

Axl sounds phenominal.  

Yes, people, this is it.  This is the band that is going to change everything.  I have renewed faith, and so can you.  All you have to do is see this band live.  Go pop in a tape a listen up.

It's unbelievable how amazing this band is. Shocked

When Chinese Democracy comes out, it will surpass everything Axl has ever done.  

Just watching this band is incredible.  Every member is a star, and they know that they kick ass.  There is a confidence level here that is incredible.  Buckethead will come back, the band will be back, and this is going ahead.  Nothing will stop it.  This is truly special.

I've let all the drama and bullcrap get me down, as most of you have, and things got cloudy.  Well, my perspective is cleared and renewed.  

Long live Guns n Roses!  it's going to happen.  A band this amazing, with songs that amazing, will be heard, and it will be a super success.

Grin Grin Grin
bill213
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 01:42:05 AM »

New band from Rio 2 eh?  Yeah those guys Rock.  Man if only that guy with the fro was still with the band. Btw you do realize that was like a long long time ago..........Also even if you're refering to Rio 3 that was even almost four years ago now.  
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 01:56:28 AM »

I'm watching new GNR in Rock in Rio 2 right the fuck now, and you know what?  This band kicks FUCKING ass. yes

Axl sounds phenominal.  

Yes, people, this is it.  This is the band that is going to change everything.  I have renewed faith, and so can you.  All you have to do is see this band live.  Go pop in a tape a listen up.

Just watching this band is incredible.  Every member is a star, and they know that they kick ass.  There is a confidence level here that is incredible.  Buckethead will come back, the band will be back, and this is going ahead.  Nothing will stop it.  This is truly special.

I've let all the drama and bullcrap get me down, as most of you have, and things got cloudy.  Well, my perspective is cleared and renewed.  

Long live Guns n Roses!  it's going to happen.  A band this amazing, with songs that amazing, will be heard, and it will be a super success.

Grin Grin Grin

Yeah, I agree... It's fun, because I used to see Axl bad in that show... right now he sounds amazing to me in Rock In Rio 3... I just see the old Axl Rose there...

Well, I agree this band is great and I hope Buckethead coming back... but it's hard to believe it will really happen. Well, lets see what the new guitarplayer can do (or Buckethead himself)...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 02:00:37 AM »

Yeah, I agree... It's fun, because I used to see Axl bad in that show... right now he sounds amazing to me in Rock In Rio 3... I just see the old Axl Rose there...

Exactly!!   When I first saw the show, I had some complaints..  But, that is the Axl of old right there.  He's still got it, and he's better than ever.  Amazing no

The Blues is on right now.  I'm touched right now.  Simply brilliant. no
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 02:04:49 AM »

Hey Bildo, he obviously ment RIR3, n' you stab him for that.
get over it yes

i hear ya drunk, keep the faith

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 02:53:24 AM »

The Blues is on right now.  I'm touched right now.  Simply brilliant.

more than 3 years later and I still LOVE that song The Blues love

btw: I've heard/read fans speculate that The Blues may be something that Slash worked on when he was still in GN'R...  so I found it interesting when I came across this:

http://www.snakepit.org/answers.html
July 2000.
Question from Alex Silady of Australia: I read in an interview awhile back that SLASH put down solos for a couple of Axl's new songs before he left the band. Is this true?

SLASH replies: No, that isn't true. There were some rehearsals of new material that I was there for, but I didn't contribute any solos.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 03:09:55 AM »

I think they recorder a session where was 12 (or 6, not sure) songs... including This I Love and probably There Was a Time, since Zakk Wilde know it.

About The Blues, it's fun how this song is already old! Not released but almost a GNR classic IMO.

Just to get back on topic, let me say again: Rock In Rio 3 was just an amazing show...  beer smoking

[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2004, 03:26:03 AM »

About The Blues, it's fun how this song is already old! Not released but almost a GNR classic IMO.

ha! I was thinking the same thing... to me it is a classic  ok

and oh yeah.. back on topic...

Axl sounded amazing at RIR III
and what a great fucking rant!  hehe

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2004, 08:55:07 AM »

Yes,new band were amazing at rio,and axl sounded and looked great,like rock icon!
but for me the best thing of rir3 were audience,great great great!
did you watch scom or wttj,that was amazing
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2004, 09:19:36 AM »

Rock in Rio III must have been an amazing experience for the band (as well as for the audience).  Sure, GNR had performed in a few smaller concert venues for one or two New Year's Eve concerts, but to put on a show for 200,000 people?  

From the recordings I heard, GNR did a great job.  The crowd was really into it.  And Axl put on one hell of a show.  My favourite part was when he thanked Beta for helping him out during the past couple of years... awww.

Too bad Rock in Rio 4 (don't know if it would be represented with a VI or a IV so f' it) fell to pieces (no pun intended there Smiley).  Sometimes I wonder what is going on behind the scenes though... I mean, why try and organize a street team in January for May events if "nothing (vocally speaking) has been recorded" as some people say?  I just wish GNR a lot of luck in overcoming all of their issues (lawsuits, fleeing band members, etc...).  And maybe, just maybe, one day we will hear the new CD.  Until then... well, keep on rockin' Smiley  
mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2004, 10:33:32 AM »

GN'R can't be GN'R without Slash, Duff and let's say Matt. I'm not such a keen of Velvet Revolver now. Don't get me wrong Axl has a great voice and he's my idol. But it's just ain't the same. This is not GN'R what it is now.
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004, 10:45:45 AM »

GN'R can't be GN'R without Slash, Duff and let's say Matt. Don't get me wrong Axl has a great voice...But it's just ain't the same. This is not GN'R what it is now.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2004, 11:18:15 AM »

Then I take it that the two above didn't actually see Rock in Rio 3, because if you had, you'd be singing a differant tune instead of singing that bullshit. yes

confused"It's not GNR without Slash, blah blah blah".  How about this dudes: get the fuck over it.  Go by some bootlegs of the new band.

THIS IS GNR
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2004, 03:19:33 PM »

GN'R can't be GN'R without Slash, Duff and let's say Matt. I'm not such a keen of Velvet Revolver now. Don't get me wrong Axl has a great voice and he's my idol. But it's just ain't the same. This is not GN'R what it is now.

Hvae you ever been in a GNR fuckin show to say this shit (if you did maybe you were so drunk...)HuhHuh??

C'mon,, if we didn't got the new band we would never had the chance to go to a GNR show, to listen amazing songs lije The Blues and Madagascar...

Bak on topic, his rants is very cool... I didn't like that one "I hpe noth you brazilian and you from Argentina don't kill each other in the next soccer game"...

I have a friend called Paulo, and his nickname right now is "Without" just because Axl said "Without Paul... (walk to the front of the stage)... there would be no more Guns N' Roses".

[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

RZ4
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 01:21:57 AM »

Axl sounds phenominal.  

Grin Grin Grin

Great post.

And I'm still hoping that Buckethead rejoins the band. I think Axl more than has the ability to persuade him to come back.
badapple81
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 01:25:48 AM »

Exactly!!   When I first saw the show, I had some complaints..  But, that is the Axl of old right there.  He's still got it, and he's better than ever.  Amazing no

How angry did Axl look during The Blues when he was having probs with the wires!
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 01:48:49 AM »

How angry did Axl look during The Blues when he was having probs with the wires!

Yeah.. well, at least he said "ok, nevermind" later...

Maybe someone was asking his by the earpoint "Hey Axl, what's the worst CD you've ever heard"? He was askkig the guys to cut... they didn't... so he answered ... "Ok, Nevemind!"

Ok, this one wasn't funny... well, I tried do hard to make you, oh oh oh oh, to make you laugh...

[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 02:21:54 AM »

RIR III was a very emotionally charged performance...
HOB of course had its very special magic - being the first show for them.... and it being so intimate
a warm up gig for Rio he referred to it as during HOB...
but even so... to do your first big show in front of 200,000 people - televised to boot...
Axl's first in 8 years....  that had to be an almost surreal experience for them

And yeah, when he and Beta hugged and cried...  
that was amazing of him to share with us
 love

Gotta admit I haven't watched this show in a long time (a houseguest accidentally erased about 20 minutes in the middle of it  Angry )...  Eh, anyway I had it on VHS... Time to get it on DVD  ok
mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2004, 04:03:24 AM »

There is no real GN'R fans here. What the fuck I'm doing here?
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2004, 05:07:16 AM »

There is no real GN'R fans here. What the fuck I'm doing here?

I honestly don't know... But do get back on topic.

RIR III was great, they sounded good, although they clearly hadn't had enough practice before the gig - many mistakes here and there. But that's understandable. After all, it was one of the very first. And the first with that much media attention.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: