Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 05:37:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  has anyone else become more reclusive since chinese d?s release?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: has anyone else become more reclusive since chinese d?s release?  (Read 6906 times)
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« on: January 14, 2009, 05:07:59 PM »

first, i?d like to start by saying i?ve always been somewhat of a loner type. this is something that I?ve been told all my life. I?ve always been the type of person who enjoys my personal space and i think my bi-polar personality has greatly contributed to me being this way. I only have 3 people in my life that I consider close to my heart. The love of my life, mona, my best friend, tom, and my grandma, lou .

lately, I?ve been told by all 3 of them - on multiple occasions - that they?ve noticed me become even more withdrawn ever since the album?s release. It?s not something that I had personally noticed, but when given the time to think about it, I guess it?s not entirely un-true either. i feel guilty that they feel this way, but at the same time i really don?t feel like I?m doing anything wrong. Sometimes after a grueling day at work, the thought of coming back to my apartment and getting lost in this album is more gratifying than anything I could achieve from any type of social interaction. I know to some this may sound strange, but the strong emotional attachment that I have to these songs and the sense of happiness they bring me has been almost too surreal to put into words.

now, I will admit. there have been a few instances where I feel kinda guilty about the responsibilities I neglected while choosing to listen to the album instead. for example, there have been times where my best friend would call me and I would choose not to answer the phone. i lied to my gf one night about being too sick to attend a dinner date that we had planned. And probably the worst thing I did was show up an hour and a half late to pick my grandma up for her weekly grocery shopping trip. i do feel pretty bad about that. i know it?s not right and that I need to prioritize better, but at the same time, it?s not everyday an album of this magnitude gets released. i've been listening to it daily for months now and i can honestly say it gets better with each and every listen.

has anyone else become more reclusive since chinese d?s release?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:13:46 PM by Feng Shui » Logged
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 05:13:17 PM »

Are you really bi-polar or just using it as an expression?

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 05:22:26 PM »

I am kind of like you I think. I am a family man but, I don't really have friends. I am kind of like a medical drug using, video game playing gunner version of Red from that 70's show.

I don't think CD has made me more of a recluse. It is just that instead of listening to something stupid and shitty on the entertainment system or car (or at work) I get to listen to something magical and brilliant (Chinese Democracy). It maybe has taken some time away from dropping fools in a game or playing some Rock Band. But I don't talk to the ladies any less because of CD.

And friend, who has time for friends when there are all these wonderful games and medicinal drugs to enjoy smoking

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »

No.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:08:17 PM »

I dont know about u guys, but since CD came out, I quit school, stopped shaving, and I basically just lie in bed all day deciphering every message and note. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:18:05 PM »

LOL. Still have a life, but I do listen to it a lot.  ok

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »

Who says he is being reclusive?  He may be Busy no?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 04:29:33 AM »

Well I really enjoy the cdm listening to it at work, car, when I drink. My gf loves the new cd too.

What she doesn't like is that I bought Mass Effect so after work I just sit in front of the console, lol.

this halo 3 song is fitting, not fired yet tho Smiley
http://www.riemurasia.net/jylppy/media.php?id=58968

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Annie
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 10:18:58 AM »

I listen to CD alot  and read TWILIGHT, but I'm really only staying inside more because of the terrible weather.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 11:27:02 AM »

first, i?d like to start by saying i?ve always been somewhat of a loner type. this is something that I?ve been told all my life. I?ve always been the type of person who enjoys my personal space and i think my bi-polar personality has greatly contributed to me being this way. I only have 3 people in my life that I consider close to my heart. The love of my life, mona, my best friend, tom, and my grandma, lou .

lately, I?ve been told by all 3 of them - on multiple occasions - that they?ve noticed me become even more withdrawn ever since the album?s release.

Isn't it because you started to come to a fan board(/boards?) to mingle with random strangers from all over the world and they don't know it?
guess it's not entirely true that you are more of a loner than you were before.
although virtual, the album seems to be making you a bit sociable.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 01:33:27 PM »

All my pets and children are now dead.  crying

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »

Is the economy that bad?

you had children?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 01:46:07 PM »

Is the economy that bad?

you had children?

I had neither.  Totally kidding.  Can you neglect something that doesn't exist? 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 02:02:39 PM »

all I can say is that I can't look after it. I guess I lost the ability to communicate with fairies when I was 3.
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 04:30:01 PM »

Uh...no.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
mr marcus
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 07:11:41 PM »

ive started drinking more beer

also have been touching myself more

and also been getting laid more

drool
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 07:58:51 PM »

ive started drinking more beer

also have been touching myself more

and also been getting laid more

drool

So do u touch yourself thinking about getting laid?  If u are getting laid, why touch yourself? That is sort of a back to the future type paradox like, if Marty helped George overcome his fears and become a famous author, chances are they wouldn't live in the same ran down shit house like the start of the movie or hell maybe not even the same state..........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mr marcus
Opening Act

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 08:42:59 PM »

umm

it doesnt make any sense what u just said so instead of thinking and cracking my head im going to post a picture of a dog wearing glasses and a suit

cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 08:59:43 PM »

not reclusive..but anally retentive about having to listen to THE WHOLE ALBUM. can't bring myself to skip tracks an' stuff.

-yawns and stretches- but then I get to spend all day surfing the interwebs and getting paid for it, I can listen to whatever the fuck I want however I wanna listen to it. working alone is a combination of arse-suckery and awesomeness+win.

do you even know where the fuck I am?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2009, 12:48:15 AM »

I'm pretty reclusive by nature, so it's hard to tell.

I doubt it's made it any difference though.  I still go out when I need or want to, booming CD in my SUV.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: