Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:09:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Fascism on the board
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fascism on the board  (Read 33670 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2005, 06:26:18 PM »

Do it or we'll set AG on your children.

OK, but it ain't gonna be pretty:

http://www.computerpranks.com/download/programs/fun/swf/dancing_hippo.swf
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 06:37:10 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
MCT
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2005, 09:23:41 PM »

You make statements that can only implicitly mean one thing, and then when I call you on 'em you back right off and pretend that the underlying idea never existed in the first place!

And this is being nice, this saying that I don't believe you! Because imagine if I did! Why, I'd have to call you right out and say that you can't write worth a fuckin' fuck because what you mean takes four or five spins to actually come through!

Jesus by! At least my meanings are clear, present and accounted for. But yours, yours are as murky as a disturbed mud puddle and apparently lost somewhere in the mix half the time!

But of course I don't believe you, so...

...go get a clue. Seriously.

EDIT - Now, make a good "verbose" joke and we'll all do the fucking happy dance. And after that we'll go tie ourselves to a nice big tree and protest against Deforestation... Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 09:30:25 PM by MCT » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2005, 09:30:28 PM »

You make statements that can only implicitly mean one thing, and then when I call you on 'em you back right off and pretend that the underlying idea never existed in the first place!

And this is being nice, this saying that I don't believe you! Because imagine if I did! Why, I'd have to call you right out and say that you can't write worth a fuckin' fuck because what you mean takes four or five spins to actually come through!

Jesus by! At least my meanings are clear, present and accounted for. But yours, yours are as murky as a disturbed mud puddle and apparently lost somewhere in the mix half the time!

But of course I don't believe you, so...

...go get a clue. Seriously.

Believe, or don't believe, whatever you like.

I care not one whit.

I said what I meant, and then clarified it because you decided to "read into" it, rather than read it.

I've got a clue.? You, on the other hand, seem to need a dose of that 99% emotional disconnect you talked about.

And if you think your meanings are clear...well, I think we covered that one already, didn't we?

What happened to that happy dance, eh?

Together again,
MCT
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2005, 09:35:41 PM »

What happened to that happy dance, eh?

You missed my edit. Now fuck off.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2005, 11:35:01 PM »

Pilferk if you weren't trying to associate Charity with fascism and the earlier post of this thread, why did you post that information here?  Jarmo posted just 3 posts under Charity's "offensive" post that SLC posted out of context to to have Charity banned (remember that SLC has advocated at least on one occasion for all conservatives to be banned from this board).  The reality is that you wanted to stir the pot like someone else but rather than admit to it, you want to play the part of an objective, psuedo intellect.  Charity case made a joke - an obvious joke to anyone who read the original post.  It was a "poke in the ribs" to the more vocal, liberal members of this board,; nothing more, nothing less.  I at least respect SLC for being open about his determination to ban anyone who disagrees with him [read partial sarcasm here]. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2005, 01:33:22 AM »

Pilferk if you weren't trying to associate Charity with fascism and the earlier post of this thread, why did you post that information here?  Jarmo posted just 3 posts under Charity's "offensive" post that SLC posted out of context to to have Charity banned (remember that SLC has advocated at least on one occasion for all conservatives to be banned from this board).  The reality is that you wanted to stir the pot like someone else but rather than admit to it, you want to play the part of an objective, psuedo intellect.  Charity case made a joke - an obvious joke to anyone who read the original post.  It was a "poke in the ribs" to the more vocal, liberal members of this board,; nothing more, nothing less.  I at least respect SLC for being open about his determination to ban anyone who disagrees with him [read partial sarcasm here]. 

You sure like putting words in people's mouths don't ya?

Please show where I asked (seriously) for ALL conservatives to be banned?

I was open about one thing: showing what kind of person Charity Case is. Jokes like that are in poor taste and reflect on the poster-period. Just like saying "towelheads" is tasteless. All people will back pedal and claim to be "joking" as soon as the heat is turned up. Or just frame it as a "joke" to start....it's still tasteless.

Just like you claiming people should be "shot" for backing Michael Moore is tasteless:"I was speaking somewhat sarcastically with regard to shooting Moore supporters". -Guns N' Rock Music

Or just like you claiming I condone sexual abuse of children is tasteless :" Afterall, only and 8th grader would condone a 14 year old molesting a 8 year old as "Dcotor." -Guns N' Rock Music

Joking about using Nazi methods on a group of people you don't like, or shooting people you don't agree with, or labeling posters as those who condone the sexual abuse of children, is not only tasteless but fucked up. In real life I could sue you and win for saying that about me (that I condone sexual abuse of children) in a court of law. In fact I could probably could still take a law suit to you for it, if I was that kind of person. I mean, to insinuate something like that is pretty rotten.

So of course you are going to defend Charity Case. You say the same kind of crap!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 01:36:44 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2005, 07:52:36 AM »

Pilferk if you weren't trying to associate Charity with fascism and the earlier post of this thread, why did you post that information here?? Jarmo posted just 3 posts under Charity's "offensive" post that SLC posted out of context to to have Charity banned (remember that SLC has advocated at least on one occasion for all conservatives to be banned from this board).? The reality is that you wanted to stir the pot like someone else but rather than admit to it, you want to play the part of an objective, psuedo intellect.? Charity case made a joke - an obvious joke to anyone who read the original post.? It was a "poke in the ribs" to the more vocal, liberal members of this board,; nothing more, nothing less.? I at least respect SLC for being open about his determination to ban anyone who disagrees with him [read partial sarcasm here].?

Page 4 of this thread, 3rd post.

All the answers to your questions are right there.

Together again,
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2005, 11:13:35 AM »

Pilferk if you weren't trying to associate Charity with fascism and the earlier post of this thread, why did you post that information here?? Jarmo posted just 3 posts under Charity's "offensive" post that SLC posted out of context to to have Charity banned (remember that SLC has advocated at least on one occasion for all conservatives to be banned from this board).? The reality is that you wanted to stir the pot like someone else but rather than admit to it, you want to play the part of an objective, psuedo intellect.? Charity case made a joke - an obvious joke to anyone who read the original post.? It was a "poke in the ribs" to the more vocal, liberal members of this board,; nothing more, nothing less.? I at least respect SLC for being open about his determination to ban anyone who disagrees with him [read partial sarcasm here].?

You sure like putting words in people's mouths don't ya?

Please show where I asked (seriously) for ALL conservatives to be banned?

I was open about one thing: showing what kind of person Charity Case is. Jokes like that are in poor taste and reflect on the poster-period. Just like saying "towelheads" is tasteless. All people will back pedal and claim to be "joking" as soon as the heat is turned up. Or just frame it as a "joke" to start....it's still tasteless.

Just like you claiming people should be "shot" for backing Michael Moore is tasteless:"I was speaking somewhat sarcastically with regard to shooting Moore supporters". -Guns N' Rock Music

Or just like you claiming I condone sexual abuse of children is tasteless :" Afterall, only and 8th grader would condone a 14 year old molesting a 8 year old as "Dcotor." -Guns N' Rock Music

Joking about using Nazi methods on a group of people you don't like, or shooting people you don't agree with, or labeling posters as those who condone the sexual abuse of children, is not only tasteless but fucked up. In real life I could sue you and win for saying that about me (that I condone sexual abuse of children) in a court of law. In fact I could probably could still take a law suit to you for it, if I was that kind of person. I mean, to insinuate something like that is pretty rotten.

So of course you are going to defend Charity Case. You say the same kind of crap!

So it's ok for you not to be serious, but when we use sarcasm it shows our true colors.  The context of me stating Moore supporters should be shot was a joke, I explained that.  Unlike when someone advocated the assination of Bush and hes yet to take it back.  SLC, you did partially condone and excuse a 14 year old girl for molesting an 8 year old boy.  You called it doctor and if I recall, the majority of the posters agreed with me that it was wrong.  I didn't acuse you of anything, and please take me to court - I know I'd win.  You basically said that it was innocent fun for a 14 year old girl to mess around with an 8 year old boy.  In my state of Ohio that would be statuatory rape; similar to child molesting.  Although I'm honored that you're keeping a log of mine from 3 months ago, actually I'm kind of scared.  Now you know why I don't want liberals in office with an expanding government - talk about the Patriot Act!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2005, 11:42:35 AM »

I don't want liberals in office with an expanding government

God forbid! They might help the poor...or worse!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
MCT
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2005, 12:06:49 PM »

Allow me to quote Sterling:

I'm not defending Charity Case, mostly? because I think he meant what he said.? And he's more than capable of defending himself.? But in all fairness, he did make the comment like a joke, he even put a little smiley next to it.?

Was it offensive?? Sure, to some.? But some people are too easily offended, in my opinion.? In the end, this is Jarmo's board and he gets to decide how politically correct he wants it to be.? But political correctness irritates me personally.? Its ridiculous to have to worry about using the wrong words, or never telling a questionable joke, because someone, somewhere, might get offended.? I say laugh if you think its funny.? If its not, ignore it and move on.? Don't take it so personally.?

I don't freak out everytime someone says the term "retard" and a huge part of my life is spent advocating for the developmentally disabled.? Its a word.? Who cares. At best its funny, at worst it shows the ignorance of the person saying it.?

Oh, and did anyone happen to read the word "liberals" in Charity's comment? That alone made it what it was.

Pilferk if you weren't trying to associate Charity with fascism and the earlier post of this thread, why did you post that information here? Jarmo posted just 3 posts under Charity's "offensive" post that SLC posted out of context to to have Charity banned (remember that SLC has advocated at least on one occasion for all conservatives to be banned from this board). The reality is that you wanted to stir the pot like someone else but rather than admit to it, you want to play the part of an objective, psuedo intellect. Charity case made a joke - an obvious joke to anyone who read the original post. It was a "poke in the ribs" to the more vocal, liberal members of this board,; nothing more, nothing less. I at least respect SLC for being open about his determination to ban anyone who disagrees with him [read partial sarcasm here].

I think you should expand on that. Just for the halibut... yes
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 12:09:51 PM by MCT » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2005, 12:49:15 PM »

SLC, you did partially condone and excuse a 14 year old girl for molesting an 8 year old boy.  You called it doctor and if I recall, the majority of the posters agreed with me that it was wrong.  I didn't acuse you of anything, and please take me to court - I know I'd win.  You basically said that it was innocent fun for a 14 year old girl to mess around with an 8 year old boy. 

First of all a "majority of the posters" didn't say it was "wrong".

And two you took what I said (twisted it) and then used it in another thread claiming I codone sexual abuse of children. Which I DO NOT, so fuck you asshole.

Reread my post, I never said I wanted to take you to court. But rather saying something about a person like that is slander and you COULD BE sued in real life.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2005, 03:41:57 PM »

Whatever posts or opinions are causing offence, it would be decent thing for the participants of this thread's topic to bring to an end any threads on this forum that are causing offence

If you want to be dirty, I'm sure there are other forums that are more suitable to your discussions
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2005, 05:03:13 PM »

Who needs TV when you got drama like this...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2005, 06:16:40 PM »

Who needs TV when you got drama like this...

And no adverts!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2005, 10:59:57 PM »

I'm not trying to piss anyone off or offend them; that has never been my goal.  My post are always stemmed from a Kantian, individualists and private property concerned point of view.  Certain members of this board have taken a recent habbit of taking posts by members they disagree with and quoting them out of context here in an attempt to draw negative attention from admins.  I'm by no means a fascist and am one of the few members (from a philosophical and realist point of view) that adovcate true freedom.  Because I identify as a libertarian and personally live myself by conservative values I am labeled a racists, biggot and most recently a fascist.  All of these terms are insults thrown by people who wish to attack me rather than the ideas I represent.  I find it amusing that so many on this board label me as such as I am not a "Christian", am against the war in Iraq and support the right of all individuals to conduct their personal lives in a manner they see fit [read: I support abortion, legalization of drugs and the right of homosexual activity].  However, because I don't subscribe to the extreme or moderate leftist agenda (many inclufing myslef would say I support the extreme free market agenda) take any oppurtunity they can to make ad hominem attacks against myself and others who shate my view. 
SLCPUNK
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2005, 11:13:56 PM »

Certain members of this board have taken a recent habbit of taking posts by members they disagree with and quoting them out of context here

Sure they have.......everybody is just taking the things your group says out of context. Even if we clip and past the entire paragraph...it's "out of context'. Sure.....

« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 11:15:27 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
MCT
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2005, 11:38:51 PM »

If you want to be dirty, I'm sure there are other forums that are more suitable to your discussions

But what if you want to be stupid?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #97 on: October 15, 2005, 03:10:26 AM »

Oh...you....master of great questions.

How you bless this thread......
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2005, 09:16:52 AM »

are you telling me that having a debate with idiots is stupid? surely not hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
MCT
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2005, 11:26:16 AM »

Oh...you....master of great questions.

How you bless this thread......

Forgive them Father. They know not where they poo...

are you telling me that having a debate with idiots is stupid? surely not hihi

No, I'm saying that having a debate with stupid people is idiotic. Get a clue!

Hmmm...on second thought, I don't have a jesus clue what I'm saying! Cheesy

Anyway I'm gonna go kill myself now. With a bottle of pepper. Goodbye crool wurled... Cry
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 11:45:04 AM by MCT » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: