Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 07:24:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  jarmo's lame allegiance to axl and mgmt
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: jarmo's lame allegiance to axl and mgmt  (Read 29991 times)
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: February 16, 2006, 11:03:21 PM »

I mean, I love the site, been checking it out for years. But Jarmo, why the lame strict adherance to the "wishes" of GNR management? Do you have some pipe dream that someday you will be rewarded? That someday Axl will call you up at home and invite you out to his home in Malibu so you can be best friends?

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 11:05:06 PM »

man get a life. Everyone who runs a fan site is going to respect the bands/managements wishes. Its a fact of life, if you dont like it then well you know where the "log out" button is.
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 11:05:39 PM »

yeah, Jarmo wants to be Axlette version '06  rofl
tinyrobot
Headliner

you know I'm bad, I'm bad (really, really bad...)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 11:06:18 PM »

man get a life. Everyone who runs a fan site is going to respect the bands/managements wishes. Its a fact of life, if you dont like it then well you know where the "log out" button is.

I dun respect anything!  Cheesy
Slash>Buckethead
Opening Act

If you dont like slash, you dont like GN'R

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 11:06:33 PM »

dude..we have had 13 years of no new material...all of the hardcore fans have been aching for something to listen to, and now that we do, captain jarmo wants to be axl's pretend godson and respect the managements requests...give me a break man, axlstaleyweiland is right...this is total bs.

Slash is Guns N' Roses, Buckethead isn't shit.
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 11:07:07 PM »

what has the band done for you in the last 4 years, anyone who respects the bands wishes while that "band" doesnt give a shit about the fans wishes needs to get a life

its a miracle how long we can stay in a world our minds created in a world thats full of SHIT
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 11:07:25 PM »

dude..we have had 13 years of no new material...all of the hardcore fans have been aching for something to listen to, and now that we do, captain jarmo wants to be axl's pretend godson and respect the managements requests...give me a break man, axlstaleyweiland is right...this is total bs.

then go create your own board. If you dont want to do that stop bitching.
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 11:11:09 PM »

I'll tell you this, I've been coming to HTGTH since Jarmo started this board and if it weren't for him a lot of GNR fans would have been without any good news ever. Hell, we all might have drifted off and disappeared. So give jarmo the respect he deserves. HE has maintained THE BEST GNR site on the Internet all these years and he can do what he wants. And if there is any justice when GNR finally returns, Jarmos site will be the "official" site.

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 11:13:06 PM »

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE QUESTIONING THE JARMO AND HIS POLICIES! rant
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 11:13:26 PM »

While I think we should be able to share any new material we get our hands on, I can understand Jarmo's decision to take down posts with links because it is material that shouldn't be out there, not yet anyway.

Besides, would you rather have GN'R's management shut down this message board completely because unreleased music is being traded here?

I think not.

And if you want to hear music so bad, search and you WILL find it, or I'm sure someone here will pm a link to you anyway.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 11:14:10 PM »

Jarmo hasnt done anything wrong. He does an excellent job running this forum, and is a tremendous asset to the GNR online community. If you dont like it, you can bitch at mygnr, or go to one of the dead forums like thenewguns or Sp1at.

AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 11:15:17 PM »

just seems to me that all us fans should stick together when it comes to hearing this material we've been waiting so long for. I know everyone has their own opinions about Axl, the rights to the GNR name, former members, etc, but we are all in the same boat as far as that we've been waiting since '94 to hear some new Axl music. I really think Jarmo believes he will someday be rewarded for being GNR's internet watchdog

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 11:16:52 PM »

I'll tell you this, I've been coming to HTGTH since Jarmo started this board and if it weren't for him a lot of GNR fans would have been without any good news ever. Hell, we all might have drifted off and disappeared. So give jarmo the respect he deserves. HE has maintained THE BEST GNR site on the Internet all these years and he can do what he wants. And if there is any justice when GNR finally returns, Jarmos site will be the "official" site.

well, if it wasn't Jarmo, it would be someone else, there are plenty of GnR boards out there but they are all bowing to gnR and their management.

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 11:16:58 PM »

I mean, I love the site, been checking it out for years. But Jarmo, why the lame strict adherance to the "wishes" of GNR management? Do you have some pipe dream that someday you will be rewarded? That someday Axl will call you up at home and invite you out to his home in Malibu so you can be best friends?

This will most certainly get locked... frankly, I understand your frustration, I think the whole "don't even mention the leaks" is utter BS from people who have little grasp of the whole concept of the online realm, but in Jarmo's defense, Sanc. did help out with hosting of the site in some manner at one point.

Therefore, they have done him a favor...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 11:18:43 PM »

You do realize that GnR's management and legal team could shut the site down if he didn't comply, right?  As a fan I want to hear the songs, but Jarmo has responsibilites as the webmaster of this site.  Why should he risk legal action being taken against him?
Slash>Buckethead
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »

uh..why dont you go fuck yourself..? ok youre just like every other cult follower of axl..supporting the management..haha. it seriously makes me sad that people as pathetic as you are even allowed to listen to gnr.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 11:19:56 PM »

uh..why dont you go fuck yourself..? ok youre just like every other cult follower of axl..supporting the management..haha. it seriously makes me sad that people as pathetic as you are even allowed to listen to gnr.

this coming from a guy who is bitching about a fan site  Roll Eyes
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 11:20:04 PM »

I really think Jarmo believes he will someday be rewarded for being GNR's internet watchdog

I really think that Jarmo just doesn't want his message board shut down by GNR's management for posting links to unreleased songs. Simle as that.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
AxlStaleyWeiland
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 11:20:39 PM »

You do realize that GnR's management and legal team could shut the site down if he didn't comply, right?? As a fan I want to hear the songs, but Jarmo has responsibilites as the webmaster of this site.? Why should he risk legal action being taken against him?
thatsbullshit

Slash>Buckethead
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 11:21:20 PM »

You do realize that GnR's management and legal team could shut the site down if he didn't comply, right?? As a fan I want to hear the songs, but Jarmo has responsibilites as the webmaster of this site.? Why should he risk legal action being taken against him?

last i checked this isnt the "official Guns N Roses Site" so you can take your false fairy tales and shove them up your ass

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: