Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:51:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  ok, I've gotta' ask....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok, I've gotta' ask....  (Read 36493 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »

It's a conspiracy.......... hihi

That is a dangerous word ... ssshh
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 01:53:01 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2007, 05:07:09 PM »

Maybe the mods could have a sticky thread for just that, kind of like the karma thread, explaining why. That way, people aren't left scratching their heads, and creating these threads.

Oh trust me, u don't want that thread...

Why? Do you know its false?

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2007, 09:06:46 PM »

I sort of feel like I'm talking to myself, here, like no one else seems to care....so I've narrowed my list down to 2 reasons why it was deleted:

1.  It really was a bullshit story, and I have no more reason to go on, or
2.  It is true, and there's this conspiracy of secrecy about it.  It's a conspiracy.......... hihi

Don't worry your not alone, I care, and i'm sure theres hundreds of other members around who care but have given up posting their thoughts on such topics because of the illogical reaction they know they'll get. Just look at the calibre of responses you've got so far:

- A mod saying it was deleted for being in the wrong section, when it was actually in the ex-gnr section was was a story about 4 ex members of gnr meeting up to pay tribute to their old band.

-You were attacked for complaining about EVERY thread thats deleted, when its your first complaint on the issue and limited to the deleting of one specific topic that in no obvious way breached any of the board rules. (no leaks etc).

Unless some other validation is presented by the mods I wouldn't assume that the cause of the deletion is option 1, or 2 that you've provided....i suspect its that some people around here just hate the ex-members that much that they'll do anything to pretend they're of no relevance to gnr.

Even if that means defying logic. I'll probably get a reply like "they're gone...get over it"..or just outright deleted...but...i say... If someone thinks 4-5 of the band that recorded GNR's most famous and popular album meeting up on the 20th anniversary to preform that album is not an appropriate discussion on a GNR board then they've really lost touch with common sense and are running on blind ideology and taking sides in a dispute (axl vs old band  etc) that doesnt really exist and has nothing to do with fans even if it did.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2007, 09:15:12 PM »

threads on this board sometimes get deleted.  I notice my posts go missing every now and then and I dont complain about it.  Its their board and they can allow/disallow whatever the fuck they want and it shouldn't be questioned.   i didn't mean to attack lynn for every time a thread like this is made, but it just gets old when these kinds of topics keep getting made and anyone who is a member of this board should be well aware right now that there are some things the management of this board choose to not allow.  you can either respect that or find another board.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2007, 11:29:25 PM »

Maybe the mods could have a sticky thread for just that, kind of like the karma thread, explaining why. That way, people aren't left scratching their heads, and creating these threads.

Because we'd have thousands of pages explaining ourselves for deleting a gazillion crap threads...

I've been a mod on this board for 4 years. Trust me... Too many crap threads that you've never seen and noone should see...

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2007, 06:42:57 AM »

Because we'd have thousands of pages explaining ourselves for deleting a gazillion crap threads...

I've been a mod on this board for 4 years. Trust me... Too many crap threads that you've never seen and noone should see...

Sorry I thought you were referring to the Steven Adler thread in your original post.

The post this thread was referring to wasn't crap and certainly isn't something that nobody should see. It's advertising a gig with Steven Adler celebrating the 20th anniversary of AFD posted in the ex-gunners section. What's the problem?

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2007, 07:02:22 AM »

Sorry I thought you were referring to the Steven Adler thread in your original post.

The post this thread was referring to wasn't crap and certainly isn't something that nobody should see. It's advertising a gig with Steven Adler celebrating the 20th anniversary of AFD posted in the ex-gunners section. What's the problem?

Did it happen?

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2007, 10:05:31 AM »

It's on the 28th of July so it hasn't happened yet.

I also posted similar information in the AFD 20th anniversary thread and that's also been removed, I think it was before the thread that lynn mentions had even been posted. There was already mention of Adlers appetite performing at the club on the 28th in the AFD anniversary thread but the article I posted had additional information so it wasn't like it had already been posted by someone else. The article had an interview with Steven, and he didn't just say there would be special guests, he said Slash, Duff, and Izzy would also appear to perform some songs together. Why would this article be deleted? If 4/5ths of the original GNR who wrote AFD are reuniting to play AFD songs, at a gig that fans can buy tickets for, surely it deserves to remain up on the board? This is a GNR site afterall, you have a thread dedicated to the AFD anniversary, but then delete any thread or post that happens to mention that 80% of the band that wrote AFD will be reuniting at a show fans can buy tickets for and go to see.

Is there any reason for this?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:20:44 AM by A Private Eye » Logged

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »

Yep, this is exactly what I've been asking from the beginning, and there's been pretty much silence about why these particular topics have been deleted.? Most of the time, I could give two shits less if something was deleted, but this did seem pretty important, and the silence about it, around here, is almost deafening.?

And, hey, thank you to those, like monkeychow and A Private Eye, who have added their support to what I have been trying to say and ask! 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 02:10:18 PM by lynn1961 » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 05:19:44 PM »

they obviously dont want the topic on the board.  give it a rest.  ok    i'm sure you can find other places where the topic is discussed.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »

Did it happen?

It's happening on the 28th of July - maybe if you read it before deleting it willy-nilly, ya'd be a lot before off (you might not have been the one who deleted it, but the point still stands). And yes it will happen. We don't know that Slash, Duff or Izzy will be there of course, but Adler does have a gig for the 28th of July in the Key Club- there is no question about that. The only reasons posts get deleted is because they fall into one of the following categories:

a) negative towards GnR
b) Bullshit/not true/dangerous rumours/no sources etc
c) request by GnR/potentially damaging to GnR
d) official material
e) something which could cause negative karma (smiley only, insulting other board members, etc)

This doesn't fall into any of these categories which is why people are confused. Why can't you just be honest instead of ignoring the question or being vague. Don't respond with another question like "Did it happen?" just tell us. No-one's gonna critisise, just say why.

Sometimes I think this board think they can stop something from happening by not talking about it. So if something they don't like is due to happen, they decide not to talk about it instead of just accepting it.

yourfinalanswer
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2007, 05:29:26 PM »

Ok...I am totally stumped  - I could understand if i started a new thread that was off topic but why on earth did my post about the July 28th Adler's Appetite at Key Club on Sunset in Los Angeles get deleted - please PM me and explain if you would rather do that then explain it on the public forum here.  I am utterly dumbfounded???
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2007, 05:32:28 PM »

They don't like its happening so they think they can stop it by not talking about it.

Either that or Axl's gonna be there and they don't wanna ruin the surprise. hihi

We've asked this in the Administrative section and no reason's been given so you have to go somewhere else to discuss it.

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2007, 07:29:43 PM »

As the other thread was locked with no explanation fo why it was locked and no answer to the question asked it seemed only right to try again. This isn't rebellion, why will the people who are deleting the posts about the AFD reunion not come forward and explain why they are doing it. It should be simple enough.

It clearly says in the blurb for the admin section 'your questions about the board', well this is a question, and a well reasoned one at that, it has been put forward respectfully with no insults, and yet still there has been no answer. It's not like this is a 'why did I get a karma point?' question.

It is very possible Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are reuniting in under a weeks time to perform together and celebrate the release of Guns N' Roses: Appetite For Destruction, for the first time in 17 years all 4 will share a stage together and play songs we all love. That album and those 4 guys are (as much as some don't like it) a big part of the reason we are all here. Tickets are on sale for this show, fans like us can go and see this show, and yet for some reason fans (some of which only visit this site) are being denied of the chance to know about it and therefore go see it. Why? This could be the chance of a lifetime for some and potentially a very big moment in GNR history, why deny them the chance to know about it?

It is clearly not because Axl may show, not one article has said he will, and even if it was the case why hide such a fact from fans, it would be advertised from the rooftops. Axl won't show, we all know that, so it's not being deleted for that reason.

Why would the mods be preventing GNR fans from knowing 4/5ths of the original GNR who wrote AFD are reuniting for a special show? Why would they want to?

This section is for questions about the board and in truth it's one of the more valid questions to appear in this section in recent times. It's not unreasonable for board members who are afterall remember hardcore fans of GNR, to ask for an explanation imo.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2007, 11:15:09 PM »

Lynn, I have a bad feeling that you are going to simply vanish into thin air one night. Never to be seen or heard form again. I would re-evaluate how important this is to you, and keep your doors locked in the meantime.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2007, 11:24:59 PM »

Because this a board that is dedicated to GNR news, but only certain news, and only news that is approved by the mods/admin. So "news" is  a variable, and left  to the discretion of what  you are allowed to know/discuss/share. Welcome to 1984....in 2007.

It  is what is it. So as they say, if you don't like  it, go  somewhere else. Or  my aptly, the new  motto is: get on board or fuck off.

I  guess that  pretty much sums  it up in terms  of the philosophy.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2007, 11:30:27 PM »

the new  motto is: get on board or fuck off.

where have I heard that before?  Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 06:48:46 AM »

Just maybe it'd be different if it wasn't labeled as a GN'R reunion thing....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2007, 06:52:22 AM »

the new? motto is: get on board or fuck off.

where have I heard that before?? Grin

Funny that. I've found myself subconsciously quoting Jarmo recently too. His subliminal smiley brainwashing methods must be working..... nervous

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2007, 07:42:36 AM »

the new  motto is: get on board or fuck off.

where have I heard that before?  Grin

Funny that. I've found myself subconsciously quoting Jarmo recently too. His subliminal smiley brainwashing methods must be working..... nervous

actually I believe it was Mr. Thomas Eugene Stinson who said it first.  smoking

I'm glad this site is maintaining respect and loyalty for GnR (as it is in 2007).    On some sites this topic is posted in the fucking main section.  Its a slap in the face to guys like Tommy who have been in this shit for nearly 10 fucking years.  no

Steven Adler is doing his usual bullshit "very special surprise guest" shit getting people to go in hopes that Axl shows up and hyping up his fantasy reunion.  And thats all it is is a fucking fantasy.   This is the same Steven Adler who claims all the guys in the band told him they should be kicked out of the band for the ex-members.  hihi rofl

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: