Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:59:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  What the hell?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What the hell?  (Read 55103 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #240 on: February 10, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »

How can a band that has yet to release a single song be better than a band who has some of the all time greatest most legendary songs in Rock N Roll History?

That?s a good question... but a very inconvenient one too.  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2008, 07:21:55 PM »

U can't annoint someone just cause they play with Axl. they have to prove they can do it
In this sense, Slash has still to prove he can have a success on his own without a fancy singer...like Buckethead! hihi
Take that! Tongue

But I like Slash's playing, love it.
Norway should be held accountable for posting on a GNR board that the old band are boring and inferior to "Prodigy" are u serious?
I didn't really say they are inferior to the prodigy. I just don't find oldschool rock very intresting anymore.

Old GunsN'Roses is to me and a lot of people as relevant as Elvis, The Animals, Jimi Hendrix etc...and they are more intrested in new music.
That doesn't discredit the bands. Love Hurts, Hound Dog, ScoM etc will still be untouchable.

And thats a fact you need to aknowledge wether you agree or not, that a lot of fans aren't that much fan or intrested in the old band.
IE, the new band got nothing to prove here.

I for one like to see Axl work with something new and diferent that sounds great at the same time. Others want the 90's all over again.
You'll have to swallow the bold words when you see GNR live
Looking forward to both then headbanger
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:42:18 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2008, 07:25:37 PM »

i'm a fan of the old lineups of GnR, I just don't see why some people feel the need to make it some lame competition.   It was about the old back then, now its about the new.. just enjoy it.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2008, 08:06:57 PM »

I just don't see why some people feel the need to make it some lame competition.
Yeah, as long as they got their own thing going and stands out on their own with their own artistic expression there is no competition.
Just a matter of taste.

I knew when I said that, the trolls would jump at my throat cause that rips away the very foundation they got to whine about the new musicians. hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2008, 09:18:58 PM »

Its not stabbing the band in the back. Its educating fans about GNR's history and asking they respect the entire history of GNR and not feeling like they have to shit on the old members to make Axl happy. Hell Axl even gives nothing but respect to the old guys, So why do fans feel compelled to trash them to make the new band look better?

Now you're twisting the issue.

You come to this site to tell everybody here that you have no respect for the band that this site is about.

You don't see how that's considered trolling?

Do you go to Prince sites telling everybody he sucks?

This has nothing to do with old vs new. This is about you claiming to support the band while making stupid comments about them not deserving your respect etc.

/jarmo

Yes, when Prince does stupid shit, like suing his fansf or using his likeness etc on websites. Sure we bash his ass cause that is dumb. Doesnt make us less of a fan.

Prince is a bad example cause he plays every instrument himself BUT, if Prince started a brand new band tomorrow and they hadn't released an album and fans started screaming that band was greater than The Revolution and The New Power Generation combined, yeah, Id say the same thing.

When did I ever say the new band sucked? I havent said that. I simply said they should release an album before people go crazy putting them above the original. A statement I think is very fair.

Once again, Besides flubbing the band Tommy was in, no one can put out anything I've stated that is inaccurate.

Face it guys, the new guitar players combined have wrote as many hit singles as Jarmo.

But yet people are ready to say they are greater than the old band?

That is my point.

I like the guys in the new band but they won't be considered by me legends, till CD comes out and they warrant that title.

Its like when Metallica did that MTV Icon thing. Their new bass player had no business being recognized as anything resembling an ICON considering he hadn't contributed anything. It was ridiculous.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2008, 09:26:49 PM »

Face it guys, the new guitar players combined have wrote as many hit singles as Jarmo.

maybe some of us simply prefer them based on things like their style, past things they've done, chemistry in the band, work done on the new songs, stage presence, etc, etc.

its all a matter of taste.   and its an opinion a lot of us have and there is no reason to come to a site meant to support these guys just to whine for the old band.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2008, 07:31:20 AM »

Well, I got it: we can only like the new band once they release the album. Before that, the new songs and the live performances (which include the new songs) never really existed. Roll Eyes

That's funny. I don't listen to AFD or UYI anymore because it's been a long time already and I rather listen to the new songs everyday. So, I prefer the new line-up even though I'm a fan since 1989.

Norway is biased because likes Prodigy more than the old band now? I don't think he can get more unbiased than that. Tongue

norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2008, 10:02:24 AM »

Norway is biased because likes Prodigy more than the old band now? I don't think he can get more unbiased than that. Tongue
They have a lot in common, both bands do their thing and expands their territory and they both have fans with split intrest.
It goes likes this:

Liam has fans that mean he should not try to be punkrock and whatever but go back and "do something old thats been done to death"
Axl has fans that mean he should not try be electronic and whatever but go back and "do something old thats been done to death"

hihi
And who the fuck cares? This is how we judge musicians now?

It may be a suprise to you but a lot do not wan't the band to sound like oldgnr. (tho the paradox is oldgnr was all over the place for it's time)
Maybe a lot of new fans and soon to be fans will like bands like NIN, Rammstein, Prodigy and hate classic rock and oldnr?

And I'm just pointing out that fact if you think someone got anything to prove to fans of classic rock. This is now, not the 90's...

Nin...They did their own thing and didn't ride the classic rock wave. Buckethead do his own thing.
AC/DC, VR, Judas Priest, Vince Neil etc will deliver quality rock, but they will likely not take us into new musical territory...unlike other artists...

I can be negative too and say wtf have Duff, Steven, Izzy etc done without a good singer? Then I can paralell them with NiN.
A lot can say "Slash and Duff where long haired stereotypes with that bad boy image riding the 80's wave" just the same way you seem to discredit the new band. 

Not sure if it's a American thing, but it's not possible too see beyond listpop, hitsingles and comersial succes?

I credit musicians for doing their own thing, being creative and if they expand their musical horizons too then that is something really intresting.
Robin did his own thing, in image and sound. I respect that.

I hate Linkin Park musicaly,
but I respect them a lot more than a lot of 80's band that just got succes because of their hair, doing those silly poses and just doing whatever the flavor of the month was. How oldschool Roll Eyes

For me it's a good chance I will be disapointed with CD cause "it's the same old rock with perfect vocals and some synths added" but I hope not. peace
Maybe not disapointed, but it not living up to the expectations I got after hearing omg etc...

I wan't something new with the old to put it that way Tongue
Then thats their thing, why can't you accept that?

Liam (from prodigy)...I view him as a better musical composer than Duff. And I find his music more intresting.
Buckethead...A lot like him better than Slash and find his music more intresting.

I know some had more pop- succes (at least succes in the shaddows of others) than others but it's just opinions and taste D hihi
And since this isn't "the good ol' times" board, it's not really a problem...
Great, then we're not some weird, fanatic cult afterall hihi
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 11:23:14 PM by norway » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: