Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:32:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Everything gets deleted
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything gets deleted  (Read 19915 times)
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« on: September 14, 2008, 11:46:59 AM »

Just curious really,(< - nah that bullshit, I have an agenda) how many  posts are disappearing from the forums these days?
Like 100/day? 200/day? Or what?

It's just..beyond very strange, how extremely fucking hard it is, to have an opinion or a point of a view that differs from what Jarmo(or some other  deletion happy mod)has without it fucking vanishing nowdays!:(

This  just isn't right man. This level of control over WHAT PEOPLE CAN SAY  isn't what a forum should be about.
" My forum!! i run it the way i like it. if You don't like it, you  go away!"
Yeah right cool great thats true  but guess what, this level of control still isn't about what a forum should be about.
I fully realize this is about as worn out thing to say as a " u are no real fan11! is, but..really!

It's impossible to have a discussion about  most things GNR related here, unless  your post is  some sort of  verbal equivalent of  ok ok ok ok :
That's only thing allowed in here now, right? Opinions criticizing band, fan community or anything  even in slight fashion just vanish.
It doesn't really matter  what sort of critization this is, how it is put, what tone it has or how called for it might be,  it just, by default,  doesn't have a good change to survive.

Why allow people post at all?
Leave only birthday thread open and just fill rest of the threads yourself maybe?  There's only so many ways you can dress  ok ok ok ok ok into  words anyway.
That way,you guys would be saved from the trouble of having to moderate.

The current, absurd level of control just paralyzes the change of real  discussion about most  Gnr related things to take place.
You simply aren't  allowed to voice certain opinnions, so opinnions don't get exchanged here anymore.
Real conversation would require various points of views to be available. They aren't.
You are free to choose between  ok ok ok ok ok and  ok ok ok. that's about it.
Thats a climate where very quickly  it starts to take some serious creativity to manage to say something that anyone would find meanigfull.

That just isn't right man.

Please tone it down.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:52:28 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »

Cry Cry
GNRFAN20
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 11:53:46 AM »

a lot of the posts that are deleted are talking about the leaks
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 12:07:53 PM »

Not whining about that here, even.
But but, since you brought it up...
...sure, that is annoying too, to 100% disallow people to talk about the leaks in any way. That is also a decision I can fully understand though.

It's not the issue here. This place making it so fucking difficult to have a meaningfull  conversation is.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 12:09:27 PM »

Do you have a gun to your head which forces you to be here? Thought so....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »

When you're so called meaningful discussions revolve around topics we don't discuss, what do you expect?

The fact that you're trying to smart ass about it doesn't really help your case.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:23:06 PM »

Cry Cry

If you don't have anything to add to the discussion except "I agree" or just smileys, please don't post in that thread.
Lot of people find that kind of posts annoying. Smiley only posts are likely to get deleted since they don't contribute anything to the discussions.

ok Wink
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 12:23:14 PM »

When you're so called meaningful discussions revolve around topics we don't discuss, what do you expect?

/jarmo

Shacklers revenge has been released. How the hell does a post mentioning it surely being out there in illegal form aswell  remain a nono-topic?
Also...that was kinda the point I had. Topics we dont discuss. Don't you think theres starting to be little too much of them?
really, honestly, there isn't much moving space left in GNR section of this forum. So much is a nono.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:25:24 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »

Yeah your idea that people needed to post pictures of them with Rock Band 2 in order to prove that they bought the game.

That doesn't seem like a smart ass remark at all.

Do you honestly think that we don't get what you're trying to do funny guy?

Maybe it works with the Manson fans....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 12:59:40 PM »

Yeah your idea that people needed to post pictures of them with Rock Band 2 in order to prove that they bought the game.

That doesn't seem like a smart ass remark at all.

/jarmo

Yeah I thought that was a fun idea for a thread hihi Too bad you didnt agree.
Light hearted bullshit usually does more good than harm Imho.
It's not deletion of that thread that ignited this whine though, but serious as-well-put-and-flame-free-as-possible opinnions in the Shackler thread jut vanishing for no plausible reason

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:05:07 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 01:02:53 PM »

It's not deletion of that thread that ignited this whine though.

You don't get enough attention?

/jarmo

LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »

It's not deletion of that thread that ignited this whine though.

You don't get enough attention?

/jarmo
You read me like an open book man.
What other reason would there be, to post thread or a post, than attempting to really get my name out there and get even tiny sparkles of precious online attention i so grave?
Of course only thing I find to be wrong about fuckload of posts getting deleted, is the refusal to the access of this precious  attention.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:17:13 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 02:49:14 PM »

You forgot to add some smileys for the sake of sarcasm.
yes  ok  peace  beer  smoking

It seems like many of you confuse a fan forum with the Airing of Grievances during Festivus....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:03:56 PM by jarmo » Logged

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 11:05:18 PM »

I would pay to see a Feats of Strength challenge right now.

CheapJon has the tape recorder all set to go.
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 11:18:01 PM »

Man get over it! Running a clean good forum requires moderation of posts that dont contribute shit all. Don't argue with the moderation! There is a reason that this forum has so many members and is so succesful - not the fancy layout, not the catchy website name - but primarily the way they are run and moderated. When you start a forum where people moan and bitch about their job and it gets more hits then heretodaygonetohell, then come and patronise the moderators and tell them how to run a forum.

Until then, either start ur own no-rules site, go to mygnr or suck a cows udder. I dont care. Nobody is going to change the site because one guy made a post about elephants and it got deleted.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 01:42:43 AM »

^

actually I think this forum is successful strictly because of the color scheme.

if it werent for the shades of grey complimenting the deep red writing, I would have packed my shit and left long ago.

god I love the colors

whoever is responsible for the art direction of this website should recieve a medal because it is simply genius.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 02:18:31 AM »

Cry Cry

If you don't have anything to add to the discussion except "I agree" or just smileys, please don't post in that thread.
Lot of people find that kind of posts annoying. Smiley only posts are likely to get deleted since they don't contribute anything to the discussions.

ok Wink

right on  ok
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 04:18:11 AM »

Many come here for the reason that the level of discussion and the tone here are diferent than Blabbermouth for example. Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 05:45:00 AM »

Man get over it! Running a clean good forum requires moderation of posts that dont contribute shit all.
Problem here is that the magical device used when determining what does or does not "contribute shit at all" is in dire need of re calibration, imo.

It has moved away from deleting "useless" and stupid posts and posts dealing with topics that for whatever reason  are " no no " here, and moved too close to deleting perfectly reasonable posts just because opinnions stated aren't what moderator agrees with  on personal level. Thats fucked up.

Good, clean forum"?
That sounds so fucking depressing you know:)
What the hell is a clean forum?
A dream place where there are do arguments, no negative points of view and everyone always agrees about everything?
A place where you have to stop for 5 minutes before  clicking post-button, to consider "gee, mayhap i better not post this. It could be that someone might disagree or get upset or find this negative!"?
A place with 100 threads filled with 10k posts of nothing but  ok ok ok  -ringjerk?
Where the fuck would be the value in reading a forum that disallows people from acting like people?

"Good clean forum" sounds a lot like a very  hostile environment for finding good conversation you know.
I'm betting a year's supply of  ok-smileys that huge amount of most entertaining and insightful posts/points/whatever you've read on internet forums have been posted because there has been some sort of ongoing argument going?

Don't argue with the moderation! There is a reason that  this forum  has so many members and is so successful -
When you start a forum where people moan and bitch about their job and it gets more hits then heretodaygonetohell, then come and patronize the moderators and tell them how to run a forum.
Until then, either start ur own no-rules site, go to mygnr or suck a cows udder. I don't care. Nobody is going to change the site because one guy made a post about elephants and it got deleted.

Wow, you just posted the famed end-of-it-all paragraph that makes any and all criticism about anything useless or unjustified. Good job  I guess.

"Oh you don't like Britney Spears? Let's see YOU sing and dance and create pop musica hits loved by millions of 12 year olds. Until you do, don't tell her how to do her job. Besides you can always switch the channel"
"Oh so you don't like the decisions of current adminstration? Well why don't u start your own country, lulz!"
...and so on.
It doesn't require a climb to mount everest to buy you a right to bitch about stuff you disagree with.
^

actually I think this forum is successful strictly because of the color scheme.

if it werent for the shades of grey complimenting the deep red writing, I would have packed my shit and left long ago.

god I love the colors

whoever is responsible for the art direction of this website should recieve a medal because it is simply genius.

Yees the outlook of the site as a whole is brilliant.
And banner free love
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:12:49 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 12:54:59 PM »

True, but there's a lot more than just that.    LeftToDecay has a very good point, actually.   I don't think he's being a smart ass or a whiner.  There's a lot of truth to what he said.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: