Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:32:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 749261 times)
Chris Misfit
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2003, 12:16:55 PM »

His in ring moves are repetative and his mic skills are plain awful he will never be world champ he will always be a nearly made it

Hulk Hogan
The Rock
Ultimate Warrior

Three of the biggest WWF champs ever who had repetitive moves and crap mic skills.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2003, 02:05:16 PM »

Sorry BROTHER! while Hogan and Warrior are crap on the mic in ring and very repetative THE ROCK is different.  He may not be great in the ring but he carries his career on his mic skills they are so good he has a career in HOLLYWOOD and a successful one by the looks of things not flops like Hogan and RVD's attempt at film stardom btw just because these guys were succesful does not mean they deserved to be champions, my point is RVD is not in the same league as people like Angle, HBK, Bret Hart and Angle who are great in the ring and on the mic RVD is a good high flyer but his skills don't really progress past that.......just my view but i think he is overated Jericho is the best modern day talent on RAW deserving a push!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 02:07:08 PM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2003, 03:12:03 PM »

The time just happenned to be right for the rock to enter hollywood the way he did. Hogan got pitted against such stars as shwartzi, stallone, etc., (all the big beat you up action guys) and was not as successful. And I'm guessing more people know who hogan is world round than the rock, even today.

Rock has decent mike skills, though, and he has to say heel (or at least something like that) to remain somewhat unrepetative.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2003, 07:32:03 PM »

He may not be great in the ring but he carries his career on his mic skills they are so good he has a career in HOLLYWOOD

Haha. The Rock was being pushed massivly in the WWE, for reasons I don't know. His mic skills only appealed to the retarded. I mean 'Can you smelalalalalalalalalalalalala what the Rock..................................is cookin'. What the fuck was that? It was horrible. One his moves was the Peoples elbow. Awful and dull move.

Just because he's big Hollywood doesn't mean he can actually act, half of Hollywood can't. He was a safe bet for Hollywood, already famous with the WWE.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2003, 11:35:51 PM »

Sorry BROTHER! while Hogan and Warrior are crap on the mic in ring and very repetative THE ROCK is different.  He may not be great in the ring but he carries his career on his mic skills they are so good he has a career in HOLLYWOOD and a successful one by the looks of things not flops like Hogan and RVD's attempt at film stardom btw just because these guys were succesful does not mean they deserved to be champions, my point is RVD is not in the same league as people like Angle, HBK, Bret Hart and Angle who are great in the ring and on the mic RVD is a good high flyer but his skills don't really progress past that.......just my view but i think he is overated Jericho is the best modern day talent on RAW deserving a push!

Well dude thanks for the jericho props, he does deserve it, i think he is awesome

dude look who u listed, angle, bret hart, hbk, cmon dude how many people are in that class? thats unfair to RVD, i mean those three are talents they may only come around once in a lifetime, hell anyone compared to those three is not gonna look good, im just sayin the pops RVD gets should have him doing major shit.

u forgot one wrestler though that is one of the greatest wrestlers ever, EDDIE GUERRERO, cmon this dude is amazing in the ring, u have to give eddie some props, this man is one of the best wrestlers going! eddie could make me or u look like a million bucks in the ring

other great wrestlers also include *this is workin only not popularity etc.*  chris benoit, Christian, rey mysterio,  ok if u can think of some throw em out here, i still think triple h is a great worker

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2003, 07:43:42 AM »

Well dude thanks for the jericho props, he does deserve it, i think he is awesome

dude look who u listed, angle, bret hart, hbk, cmon dude how many people are in that class? thats unfair to RVD, i mean those three are talents they may only come around once in a lifetime, hell anyone compared to those three is not gonna look good, im just sayin the pops RVD gets should have him doing major shit.

u forgot one wrestler though that is one of the greatest wrestlers ever, EDDIE GUERRERO, cmon this dude is amazing in the ring, u have to give eddie some props, this man is one of the best wrestlers going! eddie could make me or u look like a million bucks in the ring

other great wrestlers also include *this is workin only not popularity etc.*  chris benoit, Christian, rey mysterio,  ok if u can think of some throw em out here, i still think triple h is a great worker

Benoit - Fuckin' great in the ring but sucks on the mic

Christian - Finally getting the push he deserves great on the mic and good in the ring

Rey - Great but will never get to main event level since Vince likes his guys big e.g. the crap called A-Train

Eddie - Fuck man, nearly forgot homeboy Eddie, he is so great in the ring and so fuckin' funny he is as funny maybe even funnier than Jericho did you so him against Benoit at Vengence he was great and funny btw to those who did not see this PPV it was the best WWE one all year

HHH - He works his ass off and gets no credit because of who he is marrying hey this guy always has been and always will be a class worker and all he is doing with the title is giving it back some importance holding onto it for so long i believe it has real meaning again if it was upto me Jericho would turn face at the Rumble and win the Rumble then beat HHH at Wrestlemania.........yes i mean Goldberg loses at Summerslam that bold piece of crap bring back Gillberg Grin

Other great talents previously i believe unmentioned:

John Cena - In ring i believe he needs work but i say time is all that is needed and his mic skills are great............move over DEAD MAN for the MASTER OF THUGANOMICS

Matt Hardy V1 - Gotta say he has amazed me i like many always saw Jeff as the HBK of the team and Matt as Marty Jannety but it seems the fuck up was Jeff.  In Ring he is great and that gimmick is so over another great future talent

Sean O'Haire - Now Piper has been sacked this guy can show how good he is when given a good opponent he can be great in the ring the big guy can do tons of martial arts and a senton bomb to looks amazing.  He has the look and the mic skills i remember those promo's for his return that were class but never utilized 'I'm not telling you anything you don't already know' great stuff.

Randy Orton - Master of the RKO aka The Diamond Cutter, this guy once again has the look and in-ring talent and being in a group with Flair and HHH is only going to get you pushed even more and it looks like he is going to be against HBK at Summerslam, i see a classic in the making there.

I think that's everyone now [ok] [smoking]
« Last Edit: August 02, 2003, 07:45:52 AM by THESTONEDMAIDS » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2003, 05:54:43 PM »

shit yeah about eddie, did u see on smackdown this past thursday when he ducked tajiri's mist and then went out side and got taz's water and washed out the ref's eyes so he could get the pin that shit was classic

i love triple h, he is probably my 3rd fav behind jericho and hbk, he is an amazing worker and i know goldberg is gonna win the title which sucks cause goldberg makes kevin nash look like rey mysterio. i like the fact hhh has had the belt, it does give it some significance when he does lose it

ill give u a few more up and comers team angle or whatever they are called now, shelton benjamin and charlie hass can wrestle, they just need more time.  

chavo guerrero is still great but the last name tells why, that was interesting about matt hardy, i figured jeff would b a huge star and matt wouldnt do anything but that turned around. john cena does have some impressive mic work and is gonna b great

randy orton he really is the future he is likea hybrid of the rock and kurt angle

did u hear about jericho standing up to goldberg backstage, reports are goldberg was talkin shit bout jericho how jericho was to small and didnt sell, jericho confronted him backstage, goldberg grabbed y2j by the neck and jericho slapped his hand away and put him in a front face lock and choked him out in front of everyone, that wouldve been cool as fuck to see, i love jericho!

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2003, 06:30:02 PM »

did u hear about jericho standing up to goldberg backstage, reports are goldberg was talkin shit bout jericho how jericho was to small and didnt sell, jericho confronted him backstage, goldberg grabbed y2j by the neck and jericho slapped his hand away and put him in a front face lock and choked him out in front of everyone, that wouldve been cool as fuck to see, i love jericho!

Didn't hear this. Jericho not selling!? He's been right up there selling great, consistantly for along time now.Goldberg should keep his stupid mouth shut.

I can't emagine too many wrestlers wanting to work with him.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2003, 07:04:07 PM »

shit yeah about eddie, did u see on smackdown this past thursday when he ducked tajiri's mist and then went out side and got taz's water and washed out the ref's eyes so he could get the pin that shit was classic

i love triple h, he is probably my 3rd fav behind jericho and hbk, he is an amazing worker and i know goldberg is gonna win the title which sucks cause goldberg makes kevin nash look like rey mysterio. i like the fact hhh has had the belt, it does give it some significance when he does lose it

ill give u a few more up and comers team angle or whatever they are called now, shelton benjamin and charlie hass can wrestle, they just need more time.  

chavo guerrero is still great but the last name tells why, that was interesting about matt hardy, i figured jeff would b a huge star and matt wouldnt do anything but that turned around. john cena does have some impressive mic work and is gonna b great

randy orton he really is the future he is likea hybrid of the rock and kurt angle

Can't believe i forgot about Team Angle or as they are now known 'The World's Greatest Tag Team', the only reason people think Goldberg will win the title is if he doesn't there is a good chance he'll leave the company crying like a baby.........hey i don't like the guy one bit but somehow he ain't bad enough to make Nash look like Mysterio i just like Nash cos he can be funny as a heel and he is good mates with my fave wrestler HBK
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2003, 04:03:32 AM »

yeah u are right my bad my bad! lol! i just dont want goldberg to win cause he supposedly has no job clauses in his contract where it has certain wrestlers he wont lose to, i dont think that is cool at all. i cant wait to get summerslam though, i think its gonna kick ass, well u know it will kick ass. i just hope they line up good matches for RVD and Jericho

i cant believe what an ugly bastard Kane is, damn that would suck to look like him, lol! i think bret hart will come back and bid farewell to the fans at wrestlemania XX that would kick ass,

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2003, 06:36:25 AM »

yeah u are right my bad my bad! lol! i just dont want goldberg to win cause he supposedly has no job clauses in his contract where it has certain wrestlers he wont lose to, i dont think that is cool at all. i cant wait to get summerslam though, i think its gonna kick ass, well u know it will kick ass. i just hope they line up good matches for RVD and Jericho

i cant believe what an ugly bastard Kane is, damn that would suck to look like him, lol! i think bret hart will come back and bid farewell to the fans at wrestlemania XX that would kick ass,

Summerslam does look good i mean if HHH beats Goldberg that will be class and it looks like it will be:

Angle vs Lesnar............. what a match

Orton vs HBK................. another classic

Nash vs Jericho................ maybe Jericho could carry him to a good match

Anywayz i'll be at Leeds Festival when Summerslam is on so i'll get my sister to tape it and i can watch it when i get back Grin
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2003, 06:40:41 AM »

Wait...

As in "Jim Ross" or "The King" told you this happened "off camera", ie it's just an angle, or it was leaked by a worker and actually happened?

As in Jericho actually stood up to Goldberg?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2003, 07:33:28 AM »

Wait...

As in "Jim Ross" or "The King" told you this happened "off camera", ie it's just an angle, or it was leaked by a worker and actually happened?

no it wasnt part of an angle at all, this came from prowrestling.com and they are very accurate with everything they report, if they leak a spoiler or a new signing its always right on the money, they reported that backstage that happened, and in an interview with jericho he was asked about it and he wasnt in character he mentioned their differences from WCW and how something like that was bound to happen and he wouldnt comment further, just said its over and they are moving forward

so its certainly legit, now i got the jericho choked him out part off a message board so that may not b accurate

the accurate part is this, goldberg is talkin shit in the back sayin how jericho is to small and how jericho doesnt sell, jericho hears of this and confronts goldberg backstage about it, goldberg being the cocky fuck he is grabs jericho by his neck, then jericho slapped his hand away put goldberg in a front choke headlock and they had to b seperated

jericho gained alot of respect for standing up to goldberg. hey jericho was a hockey player u know those fuckers are tough!

stone maids, yeah jericho and nash was actually ok on raw, jericho made nash looked good, i just hope they dont give nash the victory but y2j doesnt have a very good pay perview record, there were also rumors of maybe a rock vs jericho summerslam match, now that would be cool!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2003, 07:35:38 AM by D » Logged

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2003, 08:12:47 AM »

Wait...

no it wasnt part of an angle at all, this came from prowrestling.com and they are very accurate with everything they report, if they leak a spoiler or a new signing its always right on the money, they reported that backstage that happened, and in an interview with jericho he was asked about it and he wasnt in character he mentioned their differences from WCW and how something like that was bound to happen and he wouldnt comment further, just said its over and they are moving forward

so its certainly legit, now i got the jericho choked him out part off a message board so that may not b accurate

the accurate part is this, goldberg is talkin shit in the back sayin how jericho is to small and how jericho doesnt sell, jericho hears of this and confronts goldberg backstage about it, goldberg being the cocky fuck he is grabs jericho by his neck, then jericho slapped his hand away put goldberg in a front choke headlock and they had to b seperated

jericho gained alot of respect for standing up to goldberg. hey jericho was a hockey player u know those fuckers are tough!

stone maids, yeah jericho and nash was actually ok on raw, jericho made nash looked good, i just hope they dont give nash the victory but y2j doesnt have a very good pay perview record, there were also rumors of maybe a rock vs jericho summerslam match, now that would be cool!

Lets look at Jericho put simply he is the modern HBK, in-ring he is class on the mic he s class and he has the ability to play a heel and a face perfectly.  Now the difference he has jack backstage power and that is why he has had little success and when they gave him the undisputed title he was booked poorly and made to look crap with so many cheap wins even having to cheat more than Eddie against a midcard Edge i mean HHH is the only heel who seems to win many matches cleanly, as for Summerslam the unfortunate fact is whether it is Rock or Nash Jericho won't win they will book him to lose, he will only win if say Nash was promised to win a rematch a month later it's that simple.  On a side note now Piper's Pit is no longer how about giving Eddie his own show or Jamie Noble both would be hilarious, i mean look at Jericho's Highlight Reel what a success!!
Chris Misfit
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2003, 11:27:19 AM »

If you guys know any cool wrestling websites, will you put the links here?

Cheers.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2003, 11:31:29 AM »

www.wrestling-edge.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2003, 10:28:36 PM »

if u want accurate news and not bullshit rumors go to

www.prowrestling.com

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2003, 10:30:35 PM »

yeah i hate how jericho has to build up other wrestlers and always gets jobbed out at pay per views, i look for big things though from jericho coming up, i think this is whatsgonna transpire in the next few months,

goldberg will defeat hhh at SS for the title, then goldberg will lose the title to kane, theres no way kane has risked career suicide without a huge push and a title run, so goldberg i dont think has a no job clause to kane, so look for goldberg to win it from hhh, then kane beat goldberg for the belt.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2003, 12:52:40 PM »

Goldberg is scheduled to battle Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam, but before he takes on The Game, he must go through Evolution member Ric Flair first. Tonight on RAW, it's Goldberg vs. Ric Flair. Will Flair soften the challenger for SummerSlam? Or will Goldberg make Flair his "next" victim. Tune in tonight to find out.

Has Kane finally messed with the wrong person? After weeks of destroying the likes of Jim Ross, Rico, Eric Bischoff and Tommy Dreamer, it appears as though Kane has finally met his match after attacking Shane McMahon's mother Linda. Will Kane be looking for revenge after Shane's attack on him last week?

That's the RAW preview i can't wait i wish Flair could beat Goldberg but it won't happen hopefully Jericho will do another entertaining Highlight Reel, Orton and Michaels can carry on feuding and Shane can Kick Kane's ASS [yes]

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2003, 08:46:06 PM »

the highlight reel should b showing wwe what gets ratings, remember back in the good ole days when stone cold would cut a promo, then a little later the rock would cut a promo, and then dx would come out and do their crazy shit, then the corporate ministry would do their sacrificing shit, wrestling got away from factions and groups and thats why its not as entertaining imo.

theyjust got back from a big tour of australia so i look for less wrestling and more show tonight, hhh hurt his groin real bad and the doctors told him not to do anything for 8 weeks but i guess he will still go thru with the summerslam match.

raw is in vancouver tonight and thats where the rock is on location shooting his remake of "walking tall" so maybe the rock will show up tonight. we will wait and see.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: