Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:07:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy joins Soul Asylum for two shows
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy joins Soul Asylum for two shows  (Read 18489 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2005, 04:54:04 PM »

Mike reread your posts and others. you're not making any sense than just being an ass.

You just hate this band don't you? Without them, we won't see CD.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2005, 05:00:06 PM »

Mike reread your posts and others. you're not making any sense than just wanking.

I have never said I hate this band.. i said I never got to know the band the way you do others.. I want to hear cd and want to own it but for me personally it doesn't matter who is in the band playing the instruments.. Axl can change the band around again and people will love that band as well.. So as long as axl calls it gnr and is in the band people will like it

if you are a gnr fan and the band changes around but one guy stays behing (axl rose) you most likely want to hear something new because axl rose is still in the band.. So basically my interest so far is because it's gnr and axl rose..

I didn't just like dave kushner from vr.. I didn't like hear a song or see a video and get all into him.. I grew to like his playing because I went to shows and bought an album and saw videos hear tons of interviews..

I just can't be into a band of guys that never release any material for the band they joined..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2005, 05:27:25 PM »

Whether you like any member individually or not is none of my concern. I have fav bands that I don't know each members name.
But face it. If the bassist who made the music together and was the bandmaster for rehearsal left, the band would have to reconstruct everything, from finding the right person. How hard it would be for them and the fans. How long it would take.

If you understood a fans feeling, you couldn't say that.

Why would that be scary??
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2005, 05:36:55 PM »

I don't know how long it would take..  it wasn't anything to really think about.. Sometimes I forget people are really into the members of this band.. Maybe I look through history of gnr and see how they were able to find replacement either for good or short term in a hell of a lot less time then now.. I saw them live and they were all good musicians just never got into them as a band rather then a singer with a familiar name.. I am sure many people here are younger and new gnr fans first then found the older band later

For me I think I see it as losing new gnr would be like missing something I never had or never was.. it's like when you see bucket head as a former member of gnr.. I don't see it because to me he never was a member of gnr.. i could have blinked and his time would have passed.. There's many way to view it.. being I did grow up liking gnr in the 80's I just might have a harder time to just be a fan of each new member because it seems un natural.. If some kid got into van halen in 86 david lee roth might be nothing to him and sammy everything to him when he thinks of van halen..

I am sure there are people on this board that watch their bootlegs shows weekly, and play one of the few songs on their i-pod or I-tunes religiously.. maybe they read all the interviews or see the side shows the guys play.. I just don't so I don't have an ties or close feel to the new guys.. if axl had said I formed a new verison of the new gnr it wouldn't phase me
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2005, 08:51:51 PM »

Heres another video from the show in NYC http://downloads.thenewguns.com/bittersweetheart.wmv right click and save as!
sweechile
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2005, 02:55:23 AM »

Mike reread your posts and others. you're not making any sense than just wanking.

I have never said I hate this band.. i said I never got to know the band the way you do others.. I want to hear cd and want to own it but for me personally it doesn't matter who is in the band playing the instruments.. Axl can change the band around again and people will love that band as well.. So as long as axl calls it gnr and is in the band people will like it

At the end of the day,.....or century at this point..,   it couldn't matter at all of who is in this band except the God,  Axl Rose.
I saw the Rock in Rio show,  me from Santiago, and a show in america,   and unlike most of the posters here that keep calling it a failed tour,   it was the greatest rock shows i have ever witnessed!    there was no Insync, NIN tape playback bullshit,  but balls to the wall,  fuk ups and all,  (we cant help tommy fukkin up Oh my god in Rio and also his other blunders on great songs),    but everyones eyes were on Axl all the way,  .....even when he left the stage for bugethead/ robin's  meek solo's.     Everyone waited for Axl to kick some shit into the show.   that's all.    He can have any circus act play next to him,   and he will be the Clown that everyone wants to see and pay their money for!     We love him!    otherwise you would not be here,.....right?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2005, 11:11:01 AM »

Heres another video from the show in NYC http://downloads.thenewguns.com/bittersweetheart.wmv right click and save as!

check out this video from the other night:
misery nyc

Thanks RainX and chineseblues for those two videos. There addition to my collection is greatly appreciated ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2005, 01:58:49 PM »

Cheers RainX and chineseblues. Cheesy

it couldn't matter at all of who is in this band except the God,  Axl Rose............................otherwise you would not be here,.....right?

Left. Yes, I would. why not?
As I've stated in the jungle, Chris and Brain are my idols.  hihi
Rumour has it that Chris deleted himself but he will be back, I believe.
the God?  confused I'm yet to get religion lets alone idol worship.

I don't know how long it would take..  it wasn't anything to really think about.. Sometimes I forget people are really into the members of this band.. Maybe I look through history of gnr and see how they were able to find replacement either for good or short term in a hell of a lot less time then now.. I saw them live and they were all good musicians just never got into them as a band rather then a singer with a familiar name.. I am sure many people here are younger and new gnr fans first then found the older band later

For me I think I see it as losing new gnr would be like missing something I never had or never was.. it's like when you see bucket head as a former member of gnr.. I don't see it because to me he never was a member of gnr.. i could have blinked and his time would have passed.. There's many way to view it.. being I did grow up liking gnr in the 80's I just might have a harder time to just be a fan of each new member because it seems un natural.. If some kid got into van halen in 86 david lee roth might be nothing to him and sammy everything to him when he thinks of van halen..

I am sure there are people on this board that watch their bootlegs shows weekly, and play one of the few songs on their i-pod or I-tunes religiously.. maybe they read all the interviews or see the side shows the guys play.. I just don't so I don't have an ties or close feel to the new guys.. if axl had said I formed a new verison of the new gnr it wouldn't phase me

Again you're knowingly begging the question.
How much you are indifferent to the band members except Axl or not is irrelevant to the matter.

I guess A fan of 'only Tommy' would worry if he's still in the inactive band or not little more than you do, while I personally don't get the mentality fully. I wouldn't call myself a fan of some band unless at least I like the music particular to it, which is, as it were,  the musical chemistry of the band. but oh well, it's still not the point.

The point is if you really wanna see your 'God,  Axl Rose', you better pray for his people to stay. Any Member's departure obviously wouldn't speed the project but hinder. it wouldn't be easy to find a right one to build the band chemistry anew with cos he got to be a trusty on all fronts. internal conflict is the last thing the band needs.

See your posts are so off the mark.
Your mind numbing dead horse should have been posted in the right section.
rainX
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2005, 11:26:51 AM »

here's another video someone dropped into my e-mail (thanks mystery person)

figured i'd upload it for everyone whose interested

this is runaway train

runaway train - right click and save as

and the other two that i put up already i'll put there so you don't have to look

bittersweet heart

misery

the person who sent me this one said "last one" so i think that's it - hopefully we'll get an audio boot of one of those shows
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2005, 11:56:30 AM »

Thanks for all those videos.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2005, 08:52:59 PM »

Those video's were killer. Dave Pirner still sounds great. I hope they continue to tour. They sounded great. Tommy imo really fits in with those guys. I really cant wait to get the new album. I have always been a big fan of SA.
rainX
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2005, 03:38:17 PM »

Those video's were killer. Dave Pirner still sounds great. I hope they continue to tour. They sounded great. Tommy imo really fits in with those guys. I really cant wait to get the new album. I have always been a big fan of SA.

So wait - you want Tommy to stay in Soul Asylum and tour with them?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2005, 10:29:36 PM »

So wait - you want Tommy to stay in Soul Asylum and tour with them?

I certainly hope that isnt the case if something really is going on behind the scenes...however if Tommy does a considerable amount of more shows with SA it would be an inclination to the opposite.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: