Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:48:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Matt Sorum meets Axl in NYC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum meets Axl in NYC  (Read 15678 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2006, 03:21:01 PM »

Why people complaint about these guys reunited? if nothing like this happen people complain if this happen people complain!!, what the hell people want?, besides CD of course

true that... Just be glad they made up and there's peace.. Why be bitter forever.. I wish tehy were all friends even if they didn't hook back up for music
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2006, 03:30:33 PM »

Matt was just a tool anyway.? It's not like he has any real input in any GN'R music we ever heard.? He nor Gilby should not be treated like a true GN'R alumnist like Slash, Duff, Izzy, or Steven.? For him to be pissed off at Axl is irrelevant to me.? I just think it's funny how he ran his fucking mouth on VH-1 but got face-to-face with Axl and treated him like his long-lost brother.? Pussy.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2006, 03:36:16 PM »

Matt was just a tool anyway.? It's not like he has any real input in any GN'R music we ever heard.? He nor Gilby should not be treated like a true GN'R alumnist like Slash, Duff, Izzy, or Steven.? For him to be pissed off at Axl is irrelevant to me.? I just think it's funny how he ran his fucking mouth on VH-1 but got face-to-face with Axl and treated him like his long-lost brother.? Pussy.

Most people are like that.. Time heals all wounds though... Why does them getting along now bother anyone.. he still came in and played drums when gnr was one man down..
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2006, 04:58:37 PM »

Matt was just a tool anyway.  It's not like he has any real input in any GN'R music we ever heard.  He nor Gilby should not be treated like a true GN'R alumnist like Slash, Duff, Izzy, or Steven.  For him to be pissed off at Axl is irrelevant to me.  I just think it's funny how he ran his fucking mouth on VH-1 but got face-to-face with Axl and treated him like his long-lost brother.  Pussy.

Most people are like that.. Time heals all wounds though... Why does them getting along now bother anyone.. he still came in and played drums when gnr was one man down..

Doesn't bother me.  I'm glad the two reconciled (according to Matt anyway).  I'm just saying it was shitty for Matt to say what he said on VH-1 only to turn around and be all cool with Axl when he bumped into him.  In my opinion, he should've apologized to him for some of his comments.  Who knows, maybe he did.

But really though, who wouldn't have jumped and asked "how high and when can I come down?" at the chance to play for GN'R during the early 90's?

jabba2
VIP

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2006, 04:59:57 PM »

I dont care what anyone says about Matt he is a good songwriter. He wrote much of Set Me Free which is a classic GNR type song, even Axl im sure noticed.  Kudos to Matt.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2006, 05:19:52 PM »

no input ?  Huh
your forgetting that he was the drummer, practacly the backbone of all the music.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2006, 05:22:56 PM »

no input ?? Huh
your forgetting that he was the drummer, practacly the backbone of all the music.

It's common knowledge that Matt just played Adler's parts for all of UYI.  Axl said that right when they got Matt.  So in terms of writing he did absolutly nothing, save maybe a couple fills.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2006, 05:30:39 PM »

no input ?? Huh

It's common knowledge that Matt just played Adler's parts for all of UYI.? Axl said that right when they got Matt.? So in terms of writing he did absolutly nothing, save maybe a couple fills.

What he said  ok

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2006, 05:32:42 PM »

I dont care what anyone says about Matt he is a good songwriter. He wrote much of Set Me Free which is a classic GNR type song, even Axl im sure noticed.? Kudos to Matt.

This is why every one has opinions.  I don't think SMF sounds anything like GN'R.  Not in the least.  Actually, the only VR track that even remotely reminds me of Guns is the opening bass line in Slither.  That's it.

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2006, 05:34:35 PM »

i do like brain more than matt. he seems like a very laid back kinda guy.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2006, 05:42:17 PM »

I can't see why this would get on anyone's nerves in the slightest. Can't you just stop thinking about yourselves and what you want and be happy for these people that they've reconciled after so long?They are people when it all comes down to it. Would you not be happy if you were in their position? Estranged from a friend for years and then meet up with them again and get along.

And I wonder what Matt means when he says they cleared things up, hopefully they apologised to one another for the various things they've done and said. I think Axl is at the stage in his life where he's willing to forgive and forget, as is Matt and the rest of the guys. It's good to see the old members put their feuds behind them (to some extent) and just move on with their lives.
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2006, 08:01:43 PM »

maybe axl will release chinese democracy as a solo project then start from scratch again with slash and co.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2006, 08:18:58 PM »

maybe axl will release chinese democracy as a solo project then start from scratch again with slash and co.

well he needn't start from scratch

if the rumours of the stuff that Izzy worked on with VR are true, then that could be a very good starting point

throw in the Big Guns from CD with Slash doing the solos and hello, you have a legitimate Guns record

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2006, 09:11:54 PM »

Axl called him the worst of the group in 2002.... Somthing like "life is better with out such an albatross in it" or somthing....

It wasnt nice....? ?

When was that?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2006, 09:13:51 PM »

In his press release right before the show in China.
I remember, he did call Matt an albatross.
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2006, 01:08:12 AM »

I'm glad they're on "good" terms again, bad blood just sucks after what they've been through together.

But I think the fact that Matt didn't reach over and strangle Axl after that press release regading Slash's visit, seems to indicate that Axl wasn't making it up...or at least that Matt believes the story
speed_stone
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2006, 02:49:28 AM »

I'm glad they're on "good" terms again, bad blood just sucks after what they've been through together.

But I think the fact that Matt didn't reach over and strangle Axl after that press release regading Slash's visit, seems to indicate that Axl wasn't making it up...or at least that Matt believes the story
matt has always been afraid of axl, axl used to chase him around with chairs back in the day...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2006, 08:30:16 AM »

I dont care what anyone says about Matt he is a good songwriter. He wrote much of Set Me Free which is a classic GNR type song, even Axl im sure noticed.? Kudos to Matt.

This is why every one has opinions.? I don't think SMF sounds anything like GN'R.? Not in the least.? Actually, the only VR track that even remotely reminds me of Guns is the opening bass line in Slither.? That's it.

Nah.... Tongue

The only saving grace on Contraband is You Got No Right...

Even if those credits say Scott wrote it, I know it's bullshit...

Scott cant write a song to save his life....

Just like Sebastian Bach, notable singing talent, but is a terrible song writer...

Imagine Axl singing YGNR though....now that's the stuff dreams are made out of... drool

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2006, 08:35:36 AM »

whatever...wasn;t there enough scott bashing in the "weiland repies" thread? Roll Eyes

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2006, 11:52:43 AM »

whatever...wasn;t there enough scott bashing in the "weiland repies" thread? Roll Eyes

only axl's main man would know this..  hihi yeah weiland know snnothing can't release anything good.. Guy only has mega platinum albums and chart topping singles, wish we were all that untalented.

There's a difference between no talent and not liking someone

Ashlee simpson has no talent, scott weiland has talent..
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: